X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Official 4/29 St. Louis Meetup/Review Thread

Welcome to the Official 4/29 St. Louis Meetup/Review thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !!
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Crazy, the St.Louis show is almost 4 years to the day from the last one.. I believe it was April 26, 2008! I was there...
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2010

You Bet ! I was at that last show as well , not to mention the fact that I was completely

P-O'd about the not one , but TWO cancellations leading up to the actual show .

Sure was worth the wait though . After 24 years , what was another 6 months , right ?!?

Tix go on sale on my 49th. B-D - Saturday , February the 4th . Pretty damn cool present to myself .

This will be my 6th. go-round with the classic and only Van Halen !
      Last edited by Green Manalishi; 01-23-2012, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2010

YESSSS!!!!! Got my 4 tix shortly after they went on sale 10:00 a.m. today . I was the 3rd. humanoid in line and I was gonna pop for the $ 77.00 tix . By the time the second person was done , the $ 77.00 tix were GONE ! So , my only option was 4 of the $47.00 tickets . SCORE !!!
        Seriously sucks that they just don't flat out tell you about the additional $12.85 per ticket up front . What kinda SHIT is that ?!? When I was walking away with tickets firmly in hand , a guy still in line about 6 people back offered me $200.00 cash on top of what I just paid for my 4 tickets .
        I'm sitting way up in section 309 of the Mezzanine Level but that's O-Kay by me ! Happy Birthday to myself.........

Comment

• Green Manalishi
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2010

The countdown begins........

Comment

• madraoul
            Foot Soldier
            • Feb 2004

2nd birthday week show in 4 years. Good times, damn good times.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
              Head Fluffer
              • Jul 2010

Can't wait for Diamond Diva to howl about the A.C. on Sunday Night . The Van Halen concert
              is gonna be sandwiched between NHL playoff games at Scottrade Center on Saturday night
              and Monday night and you know the powers that be are gonna try to keep the place as cool
              as possible . Counting down the days.........

Comment

• SLAUGHTER MAN
                Groupie
                • Apr 2012

Is St. Louis not a hot spot for the ROTH ARMY??? WTF???? We got the weakest thread on here...what the hell we gonna do about it??? Lots of cool cats on the Van Halen News Desk and VH Links talk of meeting and tailgating before the gig...where's the people on here??? The Pittsburgh show was good, but wasn't as good as Louisville. Are we in store for LIGHT UP THE SKY or STAY FROSTY.....finally gonna bust the cherry on DROP DEAD LEGS???? Do it in St Louis!!!!!

Comment

• madraoul
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Feb 2004

Finally gonna bust the cherry on DROP DEAD LEGS???? June 26, 1984. Been there, done that. Let's see what they have on Sunday, shall we?

Comment

• SLAUGHTER MAN
                    Groupie
                    • Apr 2012

I mean on this tour....and some of us never got to see them on the 1984 tour. I have seen the tour twice all ready..so give me something new.......How about BUST THE CHERRY ON ME WISE MAGIC....or DIRTY MOVIES......or ONE FOOT OUT THE DOOR?????????? Haven't been there and done that have ya????
                    Last edited by SLAUGHTER MAN; 04-26-2012, 07:34 PM. Reason: mis spelled words

Comment

• SLAUGHTER MAN
                      Groupie
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by madraoul
                      Finally gonna bust the cherry on DROP DEAD LEGS???? June 26, 1984. Been there, done that. Let's see what they have on Sunday, shall we?
                      ......meant this tour bub. How about BUST THE CHERRY ON..ME WISE MAGIC..OR...DIRTY MOVIES...OR....ONE FOOT OUT THE DOOR.....OR.....an acoustic mismash of COULD THIS BE MAGIC...maybe...PUSH COMES TO SHOVE....Haven't been there and done that have ya????

Comment

• madraoul
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Feb 2004

Well, get out there and enjoy! Come to think of it, I'm not really sure if they even did DDL at that show in '84. Sadly '08 was the first VH show I went to "totally coherent". Whatever happens, I'm sure you're right about Dave bitching about the temp all night. But we all know a pissed off DLR is a really entertaining DLR. ROCK!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by madraoul
                          Well, get out there and enjoy! Come to think of it, I'm not really sure if they even did DDL at that show in '84.
                          They've never done DDL in concert, unless I'm mistaken....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• madraoul
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Feb 2004

I bet you're right. After further review, they didn't play it that night anyway. But of course I was probably seeing Aztec temples and Hendrix that night as well. Man, it was a different world back then!

Comment

• SLAUGHTER MAN
                              Groupie
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                              They've never done DDL in concert, unless I'm mistaken....
                              That's what I've thought...but I never saw them on the 1984 tour and can only count on what a few publications and the friends I have who did have told me. I have a pretty good knowledge of Van Halen history and that's always been the way I remember...let me bust out the VH Encyclopedia and see. I am new on here and dont wanna start an argument with Roth Army vet in my first week...I got more respect for the people who have put in their time before than to do that..unless the get real disrespectful. But, I know for fucking sure the other songs I threw out ain't never had their bright red cherries popped!!!

Comment

Working...