PDA

View Full Version : New Songs "Stay Frosty" and "Tattoo" to be heard on CSI 1/25/12

Va Beach VH Fan
01-24-2012, 09:08 PM
http://www.vhnd.com/2012/01/24/van-halens-stay-frosty-and-tatoo-and-to-be-featured-on-csi-tomorrow/

Please do not copy/paste the article...

chefcraig
01-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Wow, what a masterstroke! Tomorrow night's episode is the final one for Catherine Willows, portrayed by Marg Helgenberger. The show guarantees itself a ratings bonanza, and getting in on the exposure from it to promote a new album shows some astute planning on someone's part.

Panamark
01-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Here comes number 3 !! :rockon:

Bob_R
01-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Excellent!! CSI is my favorite show!!

This means Ted Danson heard Tattoo before me (the final episode was filmed last month)? :)

hain23x
01-24-2012, 10:17 PM
great PR idea!

SunisinuS
01-24-2012, 10:29 PM
http://www.vhnd.com/2012/01/24/van-halens-stay-frosty-and-tatoo-and-to-be-featured-on-csi-tomorrow/

Please do not copy/paste the article...

Eat em and smile baby!

So happy for Sarge and the rest....nice job you fucking loyal motherfuckers.....2012 starting to shape up nice fine.

Dammit have to listen to Tattoo again just to celebrate.

fifth element
01-24-2012, 10:48 PM
SOOOO looking forward to tomorrow night.

VAiN
01-24-2012, 10:51 PM
That's just awesome!! So nice to see VH doing things right!

Panamark
01-24-2012, 11:26 PM
SOOOO looking forward to tomorrow night.

Onya Fith !... Hey heres where you guys get the preview before us
Anzacs (Aussies and Kiwis)

JJtheVagPounder
01-24-2012, 11:27 PM
This is tough. On one hand I vowed not to watch a CSI without Grisson, and I'm a man of my word. On the other hand it's fucking Van Halen. GodDAMMIT!

sadaist
01-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Eat em and smile baby!

So happy for Sarge and the rest....nice job you fucking loyal motherfuckers.....2012 starting to shape up nice fine.

Dammit have to listen to Tattoo again just to celebrate.

Please don't forget that member #25313 is a soldier in the army. Longevity means less than loyalty.

sadaist
01-24-2012, 11:30 PM
This is tough. On one hand I vowed not to watch a CSI without Grisson, and I'm a man of my word. On the other hand it's fucking Van Halen. GodDAMMIT!

Yeah. I stopped watching when he left as well. Great actor.

JJtheVagPounder
01-24-2012, 11:32 PM

Right? I mean, great actor but GREAT character. And he had the best story lines! But yeah, I'll watch it. It's for Van Halen.

clarathecarrot
01-24-2012, 11:46 PM
I may watch CSI for the first time if that hot chick whattever her name is rips off her shirt and grabs her tatahs and shakes them at the camera yelling, "clara, I love you csi ain't so bad, clara!!!.."
..odds are against that ...
..or I stopped watching that show after they stopped calling it Quicy medical discover guy ...

I will wait for the cd release.

ThrillsNSpills
01-25-2012, 12:05 AM
Looks like 2 people tried to upload Stay Frosty to Youtube and both times got shot down.
Of course, whether it's legit is anybody's guess but time listed is 3:59 .

youtube accounts terminated in both cases

chefcraig
01-25-2012, 12:06 AM

The show really went in a wayward direction with the introduction of the character of Ray Langston (Laurence Fishburne). Yeah yeah, he had the introductory factor of having Grissom (William Petersen) give the series OK to the guy in a send-off episode. The continuity didn't make much sense, and was obviously limited. Much more compelling was a brief story arc that featured the brilliant Liev Schreiber, who would have been the perfect, troubled replacement for the departing Grissom. Alas, this was a bit of "stunt-casting" to get the series some new life.

The introduction of Ted Danson (Yup, Sam from Cheers as the boss) has revitalized the series, resulting in some of the best episodes in the past 3-5 years. I'd hope the show could continue this high arc, as the spin-offs are nothing more than repeats of ideas brought years ago by the original. If anyone from CBS is reading this, do the nation a favor and cancel that utterly insipid CSI: Miami. It was an altogether stupid idea in the first place. I mean really, David Caruso? A fucking red-headed stepchild that would need to smear on sun-block just to get from the parking lot to the front door? And the department has the budget to provide him a silver and black, air conditioned Humvee?

As for CSI: NY...no comment. I've honestly never seen the fucking show. Other than to say, I wonder who the "I" is when Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young got back together yet again every so often when I see the show in the tv listings.

SunisinuS
01-25-2012, 12:06 AM
Please don't forget that member #25313 is a soldier in the army. Longevity means less than loyalty.

I were dem der 2nd to the top jimmy before the wipe....years and years ago..... *tear.

:clock:

fifth element
01-25-2012, 12:07 AM

lol...you mean YOU have to wait on it this time 'round???

We'll fill you in...PROMISE!

Panamark
01-25-2012, 12:11 AM
lol...you mean YOU have to wait on it this time 'round???

We'll fill you in...PROMISE!

Actually, I have cable(fox) and CSI is on there, but Im pretty sure according to my
American wife, we are a few episodes behind.... But will record just in case.
Actually we get CSI on free to air too, but again Im pretty sure we are behind.

So yeah, most likely I will be relying on you fine people to get the "vibe"

fifth element
01-25-2012, 12:12 AM

how about an amendment?
"I will never watch CSI without Grissom UNLESS I may get to hear Van Halen clips while doing so..."

Panamark
01-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Looks like 2 people tried to upload Stay Frosty to Youtube and both times got shot down.
Of course, whether it's legit is anybody's guess but time listed is 3:59 .

youtube accounts terminated in both cases

G'day T'n'S !

Very interesting, so they are leaking from a leak of CSI ?

fifth element
I may watch CSI for the first time if that hot chick whattever her name is rips off her shirt and grabs her tatahs and shakes them at the camera yelling, "clara, I love you csi ain't so bad, clara!!!.."
..odds are against that ...
..or I stopped watching that show after they stopped calling it Quicy medical discover guy ...

I will wait for the cd release.

Quincy, ME??

wow...there's one from the stone ages.

Dan

How Dare They.Enjoy The Show Before Us.:D

fifth element
01-25-2012, 12:24 AM

cause we can't wait for you all to catch up!!! (might remind you that certain people were listening to Tattoo about 24 hours before the rest of us...lol)

chefcraig
01-25-2012, 12:26 AM

I don't really mind most of the cast, but that miserable mope, negative-vacuum of light Sara (supposedly married to Grissom) having access to new VH (even though, come on, it was added sometime in the post editing) does in fact burn my ass. Why couldn't this tag-along leave the show again (for the second or third time) rather than the still remarkably hot Willows?

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa37/ilovebatman_forever/csi/MargenJorja.jpg

ThrillsNSpills
01-25-2012, 12:26 AM
G'day T'n'S !

Very interesting, so they are leaking from a leak of CSI ?

No it just shows an album cover. I typed in Big River and the same 2 vids came up with the same time 3:59.
Hooligans I tell ya.
Patience was never my strength apparently.

Dan
01-25-2012, 12:28 AM
He Screamed.:D

clarathecarrot
01-25-2012, 12:44 AM
Quincy, ME??

wow...there's one from the stone ages.

Yeah, Quincy was a discover dude, from "the olden times, 'lilmissy" who could read dead bodies and the only thing I could figure out was that the city he lived in had about 4050.. or so, aggravated butchered serial killer style, oh it's a mystery, who the fukk dunit.. abandoned bodies a year...oh,.. but,I mean like CSI totaly believable.

Like yeah it couldn't have been a yard dart accident it was most likely a investigative mystery of how the yard dart was anything but a game of catch between two dipshits. Better get the CSI. Duh Duh Da Duhhhh... DRAMA!

Panamark
01-25-2012, 12:56 AM
No it just shows an album cover. I typed in Big River and the same 2 vids came up with the same time 3:59.
Hooligans I tell ya.
Patience was never my strength apparently.

LOL

"The sky is falling ! The sky is falling !"

Halen High
01-25-2012, 03:02 AM
We probably won't get this episode until the album is out - on free to air anyway. I checked and we have CSI - NY on tomorrow night, which I assume is not the latest.

Very cool to see Van Halen's music featured on such a high profile show. I hope Sammy is watching...

binnie
01-25-2012, 03:12 AM
Someone at Interscope is earning their money.

DavidLeeNatra
01-25-2012, 04:41 AM
Ozzy did that with "Scream", too....right?

Hardrock69
01-25-2012, 04:45 AM
Hmmm....see what happens when I don't check in for over 24 hours? Stupid me...I could have TIVO'd this, but just now found out about it.

Oh well. Not interested in watching some TV show just to get a couple of quick bits of an album I will hear in full in about 2 weeks.

The worst thing like that I ever did was in 1988....I was dying to hear some new Judas Priest. Turbo had been a huge disappointment, to say the least. Parental Guidance my fucking ass. :mad:

So then I found out that their new single "Johnny B. Goode" was going to be in a lame high-school football movie of the same name.

So I went to the theater. Sat through an entire goddamn film that was not worth a fuck, and the song was tacked on at the end credits.

To be sure, that was the most metalized version of that song ever, but it represented a new low for Priest. Goddamn record company fucks probably commanded they do that song.

So I wasted 2 hours and 15 bucks on that piece of shit movie to hear a song I was going to hear when the album came out anyway.

So....even though I bitch slightly about missing the VH clips on CIS, I don't give a goddamn about primetime fiction shows, so I am really not going to die because I missed this.

fryingdutchman
01-25-2012, 05:50 AM
My DVR is locked and loaded...

Cool to hear this. I've been a longtime CSI fan, and I'm enjoying the reboot with Ted Danson (which shocks me...because I thought Danson sucked in everything he did after "Cheers.")

Carmine
01-25-2012, 05:53 AM
So....even though I bitch slightly about missing the VH clips on CIS, I don't give a goddamn about primetime fiction shows, so I am really not going to die because I missed this.

You didn't miss it, HR...it's on tonight...

Droomer5150
01-25-2012, 07:38 AM
Who cares if we (Australians) don't get to hear it early. We get the album 4 days before the rest of the world!!! :D. The guys must be trying to make up for that piece of shit, utter disappointment, major epic fail, Soundwave Revolution. Anyway that's good enough for me, but they still need to get around to Aus sometime soon on this tour!!

fryingdutchman
01-25-2012, 07:54 AM
Who cares if we (Australians) don't get to hear it early. We get the album 4 days before the rest of the world!!! :D. The guys must be trying to make up for that piece of shit, utter disappointment, major epic fail, Soundwave Revolution. Anyway that's good enough for me, but they still need to get around to Aus sometime soon on this tour!!

Not sure what you mean here....

The collapse of Soundwave Revolution had nothing to do with Van Halen...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-25-2012, 07:57 AM
It's not like it's gonna get uploaded by 37,000 people to Youtube tonight, then subsequently embedded here 5 minutes after....

fourthcoming
01-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Hmmm....see what happens when I don't check in for over 24 hours? Stupid me...I could have TIVO'd this, but just now found out about it.

Oh well. Not interested in watching some TV show just to get a couple of quick bits of an album I will hear in full in about 2 weeks.

The worst thing like that I ever did was in 1988....I was dying to hear some new Judas Priest. Turbo had been a huge disappointment, to say the least. Parental Guidance my fucking ass. :mad:

So then I found out that their new single "Johnny B. Goode" was going to be in a lame high-school football movie of the same name.

So I went to the theater. Sat through an entire goddamn film that was not worth a fuck, and the song was tacked on at the end credits.

To be sure, that was the most metalized version of that song ever, but it represented a new low for Priest. Goddamn record company fucks probably commanded they do that song.

So I wasted 2 hours and 15 bucks on that piece of shit movie to hear a song I was going to hear when the album came out anyway.

This post made me laugh....Johnny B. Goode...funny shit......thank God Priest redeemed themselves eventually with Painkiller...but go figure...they put out a killer album and then part ways....wtf?

Northern Girl
01-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Very, very cool indeed!!!

I will pass on this, however. I've never watched any of those murder shows and never will.

Besides I'm really looking forward to my virgin listen of the CD and don't really want any snippets!

I think I'm going to take Feb 7 off and just immerse myself in it.

Warham
01-25-2012, 08:27 AM

With a glass of wine in the tub?

ZahZoo
01-25-2012, 09:03 AM
I find it quite entertaining to see so many contemplating a moral dilemma over watching a top prime-time network crime drama show... but desperately wanting a taste of new Van Halen... but sticking to your "higher moral fortitude"... LOL :)

What's more concerning is what other crap TV shows some of you would rather watch... Toddlers & Tiaras or anything on LifeTime..?

Northern Girl
01-25-2012, 09:37 AM
No the real concern is why you would give a shit what other people choose to watch on TV.

There's enough crap going on in the real world. I don't need to waste my time watching it dramatized on TV.

And I'm not desperate for snippets. I have no problem waiting for the whole package!

But I'm glad I could entertain you!

VAiN
01-25-2012, 09:41 AM

Do it! I am, and you should too! February 7, 2012: National piss-off your neighbors day.

I'll be waiting for the clip to show up on the YouTubes moments after it airs..

So this is love
01-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Do it! I am, and you should too! February 7, 2012: National piss-off your neighbors day.

Can't come fast enough.........

ELVIS
01-25-2012, 09:46 AM
My DVR is locked and loaded...

So is mine...

Now all I need is a dumbass like you to watch that crappy show for me and tell me where the clip is...

:biggrin:

Matt White
01-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Hell....I'll see whatever happens HERE the next morning...............

I watch so little "TV" these days its incredible........................................ .............

Warham
01-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Once you've seen one CSI, you've seen them all.

I've been smart enough to miss seeing it once.

chuckie lee
01-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Never seen the show..... There is always a first time, and tonite is that first time...:rockit2:

BITEYOASS
01-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Not watching it! I don't want to spoil the surprise of the album.

DLR Bridge
01-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Hell....I'll see whatever happens HERE the next morning...............

I watch so little "TV" these days its incredible........................................ .............

Same here, but I gotta ask. What does- "......................." mean? Is that dramatic pause?

Zing!
01-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Never watched the show, but what the hell. It's freezing ass cold here in MN and there's only so many options after 9:00 p.m. After switching between 'Ancient Aliens' and 'Ghost Hunters' I'll stay up an extra hour to catch what will most likely be 5 seconds of 'Stay Frosty.'

You know they will play 'Tattoo' in the first 15 minute segment just to whet your appetite, then ............................... [dramatic pause] ................................ give you =VH= blue balls dragging out the 'Stay Frosty' part until the LAST segment just to keep the Nielsen Ratings up for the entire show.

Droomer5150
01-25-2012, 11:09 AM
I meant they probably felt sorry for us after getting screwed over by the guy who organised it. Hahaha just joking around though I not being 100% serious. But I am still curious as to why we get the album 4 days early?

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-25-2012, 12:30 PM
My wife and daughter watch this show all the time. I haven't seen it in quite a while. The last time I watched it, Grissom was still on the show. With that said, CSI tonight friends.

chefcraig
01-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Just for shits and giggles, I'm currently wearing my black CSI:Las Vegas shirt at work, and reminding everyone that walks through the doors to check out tonight's episode. Yes, I'm pretty much certifiable, then again I always have been. So what have YOU done for Van Halen today? :thumb:

Who would have thunk it? CSI: VAN HALEN!

BITEYOASS
01-25-2012, 02:20 PM
They should replace the song they use for David Caruso's ending one-liners with Eruption.

Bob_R
01-25-2012, 03:18 PM
They should replace the song they use for David Caruso's ending one-liners with Eruption.

LOL! Wrong CSI dude. :gulp:

Bob_R
01-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Very, very cool indeed!!!

I will pass on this, however. I've never watched any of those murder shows and never will.

For the record it's not a "murder" show. That being said I certainly wouldn't watch a television program that I never watch(ed) anyway just for a snippet of a song.

Northern Girl
01-25-2012, 07:37 PM
For the record it's not a "murder" show. That being said I certainly wouldn't watch a television program that I never watch(ed) anyway just for a snippet of a song.

So nobody dies? Color me wrong. Except the one guy shredded in the wood chipper that I saw when I didn't turn the channel after the Monday night sitcoms.

On a positive note, chesty Jennifer Love Hewitt is on tonight playing a hooker. Hope she doesn't die...

gbranton
01-25-2012, 07:42 PM
I don't think there is any way I could sit through an epsiode of any CSI show (or almost any other network programming) unless you were paying me or they were giving away free copies of the new album. Those shows are so unrealistic it's phenomenal. Watch one episode of The First 48 on A&E and you quickly realize that CSI is about as grounded in fact as Battlestar Galactica. Real crime scene techs on planet earth show up in a ten year old Econoline van wearing polyester pants and a uniform shirt as opposed to a new Lambo and designer clothes.

Bob_R
01-25-2012, 08:02 PM
So nobody dies? Color me wrong. Except the one guy shredded in the wood chipper that I saw when I didn't turn the channel after the Monday night sitcoms.

On a positive note, chesty Jennifer Love Hewitt is on tonight playing a hooker. Hope she doesn't die...

The show you mentioned couldn't have been CSI it's never been on Monday nights.

If JLH dies in tonight's episode I hope they show her tits beforehand.

moose
01-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Sounds awesome
Got a great best to it
Eddie is smokin on the guitar
Holy fuck I can't wait until the 7th
Damn

moose
01-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Sounds awesome
Got a great best to it
Eddie is smokin on the guitar
Holy fuck I can't wait until the 7th
Damn

moose
01-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Haha double post
:-)

Warham
01-25-2012, 08:31 PM
So was it played yet?

Warham
01-25-2012, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyuXCfKzfko&feature=youtu.be

Seshmeister
01-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Is Tattoo going to be the weakest song on the album? :)

And I like Tattoo...

Whorehey
01-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Holy Shitstains!!!

SunisinuS
01-25-2012, 08:42 PM

NOW This is the Shit I am talking about.

Fuck Ya Baby!

Blow that Snow Cone up their ass.....sit down and Jack Kerouac their PAAAAASSSSSSS!

Stay Frosty!

DLR Bridge
01-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Holy bleepin' bleep!! Is that Dave on the acoustic git-fiddle? Follows the Ice Cream Man format with that electric kick in the teeth towards the end.

SNIPER
01-25-2012, 08:48 PM

WELL GAAAAAAAAWWWW DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Killer!!! And the hits just keep on coming I say!!!

ThrillsNSpills
01-25-2012, 08:52 PM
This album is an instant classic.

And you know these tunes are going to destroy live.

Floridaman1985
01-25-2012, 08:53 PM
SWEET! Glad I didn't have to sit through CSI to hear some of it.

Seshmeister
01-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Yeah I bet that is Dave on guitar and they do it instead of Ice Cream Man live.

ELVIS
01-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Is Tattoo going to be the weakest song on the album? :)

And I like Tattoo...

Me too, and I predicted Tattoo would be the weakest song like Jump...

But Tattoo kicks Jumps ass...

This is awesome dude!!!

:elvis:

Tiki-Tom
01-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Damn!!! Ain't nothing Frosty about that! That song alone is worth the price of admission. Bring on the Truth baby!

BruinJer
01-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Holy Shit... This band is magic! I can't for this album to drop!

Whorehey
01-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Bill Petersen is looking more like Ted Danson every day...

Matt White
01-25-2012, 09:07 PM
How many cds did AC/DC sell of Black Ice???

ADKOT is gonna KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS MOFOS!!!

Spammy Haggis........talk aboot a footnote......

They are gonna ERASE any memory after 1984......................

FUCKING-A RIGHT

Northern Girl
01-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Awesome! But no more! I can't take anymore teasing. That's it! I'll be back on Feb. 7.

DLR Bridge
01-25-2012, 09:12 PM
"Don't want'em to get your goat? Don't show'em where its hid"

This album is bound to win awards on creativity alone. Is there a category for ass-kickingest band of the year?

dazzlindino
01-25-2012, 09:21 PM
women and children first babyyyyyy!
that foookin kicks a!!

Guitar Shark
01-25-2012, 09:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyuXCfKzfko

DONNIEP
01-25-2012, 09:24 PM
This is gonna be the best 18 bucks I've ever spent!!! Damn - when this song gets cookin' it fucking explodes!!! Somewhere, in a dark room, Sammy's hitting replay on these clips and saying "Oh...shit..."
:gulp:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Um, really Sharky?

ELVIS
01-25-2012, 09:27 PM
He's a lawyer, remember...

Yount
01-25-2012, 09:29 PM
How many cds did AC/DC sell of Black Ice???

ADKOT is gonna KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS MOFOS!!!

They are gonna ERASE any memory after 1984......................

Tattoo released - a 'tad' concerned at this being the smash single
She's the woman gonna be included on LP, hear it at Cafe Wha? - mmm, a cool rehash
blood and fire - ooh yeah
stay frosty - fuck it I'm convinced!!

FORMAT C:\

Are you sure you want to format drive C:\?

All C:\heese will be deleted

Sammy isn't even gonna be worth keeping on external storage device. Just extra weight to lug around in your laptop case.

Hello baby
Oh forgive me father
Ain't that some shit? Are you ready to go?
Walk me down to the wishing well help me find that miracle

spooky ain't it?

kwame k
01-25-2012, 09:31 PM
So I guess starting a thread about the killer new single Tattoo is out then?

Va Beach VH Fan
01-25-2012, 09:32 PM
So I guess starting a thread about the killer new single Tattoo is out then?

Oh, that was so last week KK.... ;)

Guitar Shark
01-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Um, really Sharky?

?

If it's not a legit preview I had no idea... take it down if it's a problem, obviously.

But I love the tune... :)

kwame k
01-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Oh, that was so last week KK.... ;)

Damn....I'm a drummer so my timing is always a little off;)

Va Beach VH Fan
01-25-2012, 09:34 PM
No, no, all good...

Just throwing it in the original thread...

chefcraig
01-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Um, really Sharky?

Hey, I just walked in the door having been able to hear nothing computer-wise for the past several hours. So I definitely appreciate Shark posting this.

kwame k
01-25-2012, 09:35 PM
?

If it's not a legit preview I had no idea... take it down if it's a problem, obviously.

Trying to get off on a technicality I see:)

ELVIS
01-25-2012, 09:35 PM
?

Are you ok ??

I can drive you home if you've had too much to drink...

:biggrin:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Hey, I just walked in the door having been able to hear nothing computer-wise for the past several hours. So I definitely appreciate Shark posting this.

Warham posted it an hour ago, but it's all good....

Guitar Shark
01-25-2012, 09:36 PM
No, no, all good...

Just throwing it in the original thread...

Oh, I thought you were saying something different altogether.

Yes, by all means force people to find it buried on page 3... ;)

At least put the link in your first post!

Guitar Shark
01-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Warham posted it an hour ago, but it's all good....

Sorry man, completely missed that. Carry on!

DLR Bridge
01-25-2012, 09:45 PM
It also sounds like Alex blew the dust off of one of his snare drums from the Fair Warning sessions. So mean. So utterly bad ass sounding.

qikgts
01-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Oh my fuckin god! I'm die'n ova eah!!!! I'm on that drug called Van Fucking Halen!

hain23x
01-25-2012, 09:56 PM
this song is going to be pretty fuckin badasss!!!

fifth element
01-25-2012, 09:59 PM

lol...drummers have rhythm, baby....
they know how to rock it!

kwame k
01-25-2012, 10:02 PM
lol...drummers have rhythm, baby....
they know how to rock it!

:drum:

wiseguy
01-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Ok. That's the Van Halen i've been waiting for....HOLY FUCK that clip is mega. tore my nuts right off....how many more days till this album release!!! The boys are killing me.
Stay Frosty!! Uh uh uh...uh uh uhhh

Zing!
01-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Woah. That opening is SO not what I was expecting - wondering where the hell is this going? Classic Dave, but what the...? Then the thunder kicks in and I go: "Oooohhh... I get it." Man, the layers on this album, the thought and care that Dave puts into each lyrical turn of phrase is pure sparkling rock and roll goodness. I would almost say poor Sammy, but screw him - he talked the shit, now he's got to eat it.

I was worried that with 13 tracks there was no way I could dig every single song. So far the boys are batting a thousand! Stay Frosty!

Yount
01-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Woah.
I was worried that with 13 tracks there was no way I could dig every single song. So far the boys are batting a thousand! Stay Frosty!

Yeah, my boys bat alright, but so far Van Halen has me on a one-hit shutout going into the top of the 4th. And one hit batter, who was promptly picked off.

JIMJAM
01-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Fuck Yeah !

guitarplayer29
01-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Stay Frosty clip posted at Van Halen News Desk now!!! You're gonna love it!!!

DONNIEP
01-25-2012, 10:22 PM

"They're all hit singles man..." David Lee Roth, US Festival 1983
:gulp:

78/84 guy
01-25-2012, 10:23 PM
A strip club on CSI !! Perfect !!

kwame k
01-25-2012, 10:24 PM
A strip club on CSI !! Perfect !!

Ha! beat me to it:beers8:

neuralfraud
01-25-2012, 10:25 PM
HOLY SHIT! THAT KICKS ASS! (on now CSI)

whatta fucking swinging jammin tune from hell.

Luke D
01-25-2012, 10:25 PM
On CSI it picked up right where that preview left off, and it sounds killer!

DLR Bridge
01-25-2012, 10:26 PM
I can hardly hear the berserk soloing thanks to Ted Dansen not shutting the F up!

Sensible Shoes
01-25-2012, 10:27 PM
What I heard I liked!

78/84 guy
01-25-2012, 10:28 PM
On CSI it picked up right where that preview left off, and it sounds killer!

It sounds really killer !! It was faint in the background and Ed's guitar was cutting through. NICE ! Tattoo on now a little louder.

guitarplayer29
01-25-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm sure you guys already know, but the VH News Desk gets this stuff up fast. Pics, video clips, tour dates, new song snippets, an entire podcast of the Cafe Wha show, etc. I only go to two places for VH info. Here, and the Van Halen News Desk. It's like Christmas every day lately. Good times!!

ashstralia
01-25-2012, 10:29 PM
that KILLS...:rockit:

qikgts
01-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Holy shit!!! That's a rocker if I ever heard one!!! It seemed like Ed was going off for like 2 minutes straight! I hope that 's the real deal and not a looped together track they were playing!!!

Tattoo playing now!!!

78/84 guy
01-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Was that Jack Black ? The club owner ?

78/84 guy
01-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Holy shit!!! That's a rocker if I ever heard one!!! It seemed like Ed was going off for like 2 minutes straight! I hope that 's the real deal and not a looped together track they were playing!!!

Tattoo playing now!!!
It sounded like a good boogie !!

mug
01-25-2012, 10:34 PM
WOW, KILLER, Bring on china town.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-25-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm sure you guys already know, but the VH News Desk gets this stuff up fast. Pics, video clips, tour dates, new song snippets, an entire podcast of the Cafe Wha show, etc. I only go to two places for VH info. Here, and the Van Halen News Desk. It's like Christmas every day lately. Good times!!

We're ALL getting stuff exclusively....

fifth element
01-25-2012, 10:35 PM
It sounds really killer !! It was faint in the background and Ed's guitar was cutting through. NICE ! Tattoo on now a little louder.

yeah, could Definitely tell that it was VH, but lyrics would not be clear to anyone who had not heard it already!
sStill...was a great way to go, and baby...and both songs ROCKED

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Straight forward rocker with a heavy groove and Edward shredding like he man on a mission. My favorite thus far.

Sensible Shoes
01-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Strippers! It figures! :biggrin:

kwame k
01-25-2012, 10:37 PM
I can hardly hear the berserk soloing thanks to Ted Dansen not shutting the F up!

:lmao:

Try rewinding it 3 times and hearing that shit:pullinghair:

qikgts
01-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Strippers! It figures! :biggrin:

Hell Yeah!!! Like it was made for the episode!!!

fifth element
01-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Was that Jack Black ? The club owner ?

might have been, yes.

hain23x
This is like ZZ top's big ass brother that slaps around zz top. straight fuckin' bad ass. wanna hear the whole zztop slappin beard cuttin' track !!

78/84 guy
I remember the episode of Cheers when Sam was banging the owner of the resturant upstairs and her name started with a V and ended with a H and the owner forbid Sam to touch her or he would take away his pool table room that he owed a piece of or something. Anyway the guy upstairs comes down and sees a suitecase with the initials VH on them and asks Sam who it belongs too with a really pissed look on his face and Sam goes um....... Van Halen !! It was classic Sammy !!(not Hagar) I think her name was Vannessa ! The owner was the bald guy. Ted is great on CSI.

DLR Bridge
01-25-2012, 10:43 PM
I remember that episode!

moose
01-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Don't know about the rest of you guys but there are no words
to describe how I feel right now
28 FUCKING YEARS OF torture
28 fucking years of waiting, always being hopeful
That one day, Dave and Eddie will patch things
Up and create some music for THEIR LOYAL FANS..... And their
families(LOL)
All the times we've had to put up with the fucking
spamula haggis bullshit, the constant crap from
people making fun of Dave and Eddie
But yet we have been resilient and stuck through
this BLOOD AND FIRE" all gone in a flash
28 yrs ago I was 19 yrs old full head of hair and about
30 lbs lighter
Today Dave and the boys brought me back
to those wonderful times
CVH, fast women, fast cars and damn good times

Thanx for the new music

Stay frosty!!!

SunisinuS
01-25-2012, 10:46 PM
"Don't want'em to get your goat? Don't show'em where its hid"

This album is bound to win awards on creativity alone. Is there a category for ass-kickingest band of the year?

And That's Just What I Did!

Fuckin' Best Line I have heard from Van Halen in a Coon's Age.

NJ. This does not sound like Dave Solo or Van Halen without Dave.

This is New Van Halen Babies!

Douglas T.
01-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Kick ass!

Douglas T.
01-25-2012, 10:49 PM
I haven't been online in a few days and had no idea it was going to be on CSI! Freaked out when I heard it! This feels like the first time I heard Mean streets on the radio! Freakin out here! Wahoooo!

IceCreamBlondie
01-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Wow, what a masterstroke! Tomorrow night's episode is the final one for Catherine Willows, portrayed by Marg Helgenberger. The show guarantees itself a ratings bonanza, and getting in on the exposure from it to promote a new album shows some astute planning on someone's part.

Sounds like someone in the VH publicity dept. has their thinking cap on...could it be our man Roth?

IceCreamBlondie
01-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Thanks Warham....Stay Frosty has now replaced Tattoo as the song buzzing in my head...can't wait for CSI tonight!!! :jumping0041:

kwame k
01-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks Warham....Stay Frosty has now replaced Tattoo as the song buzzing in my head...can't wait for CSI tonight!!! :jumping0041:

Ha! You West Coasters are 3 hours behind.......

See...sometimes freezing your ass off in the Mid-West pays off;)

Romeo Delight
01-25-2012, 11:29 PM
I am speechless...kind of like WARF in my sig!!!

Panamark
01-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Icecream Man 2012 style, fucking love it !!

VA or anyone in the DDE cave, please, enough is enough, this is too much
sun in one hit for a large group of people who have been in the dark for nearly
30 years !!!! Im about to OD !

Give me time to absorb !!! :thumb:

Big thanks to all who posted these samples today, good onya guys !!!

SunisinuS
01-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Holy Shit it is a Freakin' comeone all around the block masterpiece.

Wow.

Did not expect this one.

His voice is perfect in this one...along with Eddie NOW doing all the guitar (unlike CTBM) and Dave just getting to Riff....well Dave is still strumming...as this was in his head from 28 years ago.

Thanks Wolfgang! You were the Genesis for this....Thanks Man!

All Celebrate The Mighty VH!

So Needed in the Year of the Sexy Dragon Magic.

Julius
01-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Damn, this track is gonna be huge!

I listened to the the episode with good quality headphones and could clearly hear Ed's smoking guitar solo(s). Jesus..... this band decided to aim high...... mission accomplished.

ashstralia
01-25-2012, 11:36 PM
mind=blown.

78/84 guy
01-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Dave's voice sounds older and a little thin but these tunes from today have the energy and attitude I was looking for. I hope Bullithead is more like the original !! I'm sold then !! It was worth the wait !! I do think Tattoo should have stayed Down In Flames but it's cool. Its a bummer no matter how great it is being these guy's are in their 50's people are going too be hating because it's not going to sound like stuff from 1981 !!! FUCK EM'.

chefcraig
01-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Yup. The song explodes via "Ice Cream Man." My idea of getting only two bottles of vodka come February 7 might be a decidedly poor underestimation on my part.

LUDWIG USA
01-25-2012, 11:43 PM
That's the bomb.........just love hearing Alex kick in with that classic shuffle beat!!!

5150who
01-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Couldnt be more thrilled from what I've heard so far and have tickets to two shows and due to the new samples I'm going online to buy show number 3,,, maybe even number 4!!!

ThatArtGuy
01-26-2012, 12:03 AM

You know how to tell if the drummer's throne is level?

The drool comes out both sides. :D

wiseguy
01-26-2012, 12:06 AM
C'mon Ed, I won't look. Stay frosty.

SunisinuS
01-26-2012, 12:16 AM
C'mon Ed, I won't look. Stay frosty.

Being Normal is something all of us do. Subtle sometimes....Fierce others....you want to poofda...knock yourself out. No Worries...hope you are part of Seal Team 6.

Never leave your buddies behind!

guwapo_rocker
01-26-2012, 12:20 AM
Don't know about the rest of you guys but there are no words
to describe how I feel right now
28 FUCKING YEARS OF torture
28 fucking years of waiting, always being hopeful
That one day, Dave and Eddie will patch things
Up and create some music for THEIR LOYAL FANS..... And their
families(LOL)
All the times we've had to put up with the fucking
spamula haggis bullshit, the constant crap from
people making fun of Dave and Eddie
But yet we have been resilient and stuck through
this BLOOD AND FIRE" all gone in a flash
28 yrs ago I was 19 yrs old full head of hair and about
30 lbs lighter
Today Dave and the boys brought me back
to those wonderful times
CVH, fast women, fast cars and damn good times

Thanx for the new music

Stay frosty!!!

Did your hair come back? :)

wiseguy
01-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Ok, just thought of something...
They should play this song at the Grammy's. Blow the fucking roof off. When its over, destroy their instruments and equipment (all grungy like) and leave all the mucky mucks going like, "WTF"?. Then just walk off the stage.

Stay Frosty.

Roth & Roll
01-26-2012, 12:37 AM
Absolutely love this track! It's like Ice Cream Man on steroids - can't wait to hear the rest of it.

VAiN
01-26-2012, 12:49 AM
WOW.. just wow! This has been one helluva day!! Thank you Dave, Thank you Van fuckin' Halen and THANK YOU ROTH ARMY!!!

wiseguy
01-26-2012, 12:52 AM
WOW.. just wow! This has been one helluva day!! Thank you Dave, Thank you Van fuckin' Halen and THANK YOU ROTH ARMY!!!

You're welcome ;)

Seshmeister
01-26-2012, 05:20 AM
I remember the episode of Cheers when Sam was banging the owner of the resturant upstairs and her name started with a V and ended with a H and the owner forbid Sam to touch her or he would take away his pool table room that he owed a piece of or something. Anyway the guy upstairs comes down and sees a suitecase with the initials VH on them and asks Sam who it belongs too with a really pissed look on his face and Sam goes um....... Van Halen !! It was classic Sammy !!(not Hagar) I think her name was Vannessa ! The owner was the bald guy. Ted is great on CSI.

Valerie Hill (Daughter of John Hill) played by Valerie Mahaffey in an episode from 1991.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0539683/

http://www.seriessub.com/series/episodes/23522.jpg

Seshmeister
01-26-2012, 06:04 AM
<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/2sJE7BsemxM?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/2sJE7BsemxM?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Dave's Bitch
01-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Love when she is on the intercom and you hear a classic DLR "WOOOOOOOOOOOO"

steve
01-26-2012, 06:24 AM
woooooooooowww!!! I don't even want to say anything for chance it will spoil how freaking good this song sounds. Holy shiiiiit!!

Seshmeister
01-26-2012, 06:27 AM
Yeah it sounds like a stormer.

Golden AWe
01-26-2012, 06:42 AM
It sounds so promising I'm moved.

fryingdutchman
01-26-2012, 06:50 AM
Sounds like it fucking wails!

Can't wait for the whole thing.

vandeleur
01-26-2012, 06:57 AM
That sounds like rock n roll to me .....loving the boys brining it home :rockon:

vandeleur
01-26-2012, 06:59 AM
After watching the csi clip does any body else think that Van Halen songs go well with a bit of semi clad lap dancing ladies

Yount
01-26-2012, 07:17 AM
That CSI clip was cool! Man I just hang around all day on this a public holiday with my hand on my dick while you guys keep droppin' sunshine n smile posts n clips n links much thanks. so much energy about. We're all finding ourselves in the music.
These new lyrics give me a fucking soul hard on!

Grant
01-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Nothin' but YEAH!!! :killer:

fourthcoming
01-26-2012, 08:11 AM
After watching the csi clip does any body else think that Van Halen songs go well with a bit of semi clad lap dancing ladies

Haa....I was thinking the same thing as I watched last night.....how appropo that VH was in the background of a scene in a topless bar.

ZahZoo
01-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Yup. The song explodes via "Ice Cream Man." My idea of getting only two bottles of vodka come February 7 might be a decidedly poor underestimation on my part.

You may want to re-prioritize... This new music is so damn intoxicating!!!

Save the Vodka for 2 days later to help take the edge off the Mighty Van Halen high once you crash...

Zing!
01-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Just watched the CSI clip and DAMN... that is a MONSTER boogie they are laying down! Dave's lyrics are like a comic book come to life as usual, but Ed, Al, and Wolf are tearing the holy hell out of it. And to think, we haven't even got to 'Bullethead' yet...

VanHalenI
01-26-2012, 10:34 AM
the song ... well it's ok, i dont think its VH best but quite cool.... one i just fell in love with was Trouble with never :o

Angel
01-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Holy fuck. That's all I can say....

jhale667
01-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Love 'em all so far. And yes, VH as background music in a gentleman's club? Perfect. :lmao:

kwame k
01-26-2012, 01:01 PM

Ha!

"Hey buddy, how late does the band play?"

"Oh, about a half beat behind the drummer."

guwapo_rocker
01-26-2012, 01:13 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/m774av.jpg

mewisemagic
01-26-2012, 01:27 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/m774av.jpg

Nice!

Love the sig as well!

AccidentalAngel
01-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Love it, love it, love it, love it, love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if6was9
01-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Absolutely love this track! It's like Ice Cream Man on steroids.

That's exactly what it is!
Guys, is this a fuckin' dream or something??? Don't wake me up, then, please!!!

chefcraig
01-26-2012, 03:21 PM

How do you know a drummer is at the door? The knocking speeds up.

How do you get a drummer off your porch? Pay him for the pizza.

What do you call a drummer without a girlfriend? Homeless.

What do Ginger Baker and black coffee have in common? They both suck without Cream.

nitroDave23
01-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Best one yet! Damn did that kick ass towards the end, this album will dominate!!

moose
01-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Did your hair come back? :)

Buwahahahahahahahahahaha

Nope!
:-(

Love your signature bro!!!

Sensible Shoes
01-26-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm gonna say "Stay Frosty" is probably my pick of what I've heard so far - some bad ass break that is at the end....

kwame k
01-26-2012, 04:28 PM
How do you know a drummer is at the door? The knocking speeds up.

How do you get a drummer off your porch? Pay him for the pizza.

What do you call a drummer without a girlfriend? Homeless.

What do Ginger Baker and black coffee have in common? They both suck without Cream.

Never heard the Ginger Baker one!

Sensible Shoes
01-26-2012, 05:07 PM
I would love another chance to hear Stay Frosty with Ted Danson yammering over it - it would take a few times to really hear it.

ZahZoo
01-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Check post 158 in the CSI thread...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?64315-New-Songs-quot-Stay-Frosty-quot-and-quot-Tattoo-quot-to-be-heard-on-CSI-1-25-12&p=1601557&viewfull=1#post1601557

Sensible Shoes
01-26-2012, 06:36 PM
thanks zah!

Fairwrning
01-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Ill be going straight to " Stay Frosty" when I get this cd...then play it from the beginning..allowing 90 minutes highway time to enjoy immediately,,

hain23x
01-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Ted Danson is the cafe wha Asian guy in this clip. I kept wanting him to chill th fuck out, have a drink watch the babes and listen to the music

if6was9
01-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Stay Frosty, guys :rockit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olk8rZmlhY4

vanhalenrocks
01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Anyone gonna take a stab at the lyrics? :luck:

I get about every other word. Roth=lyrical genius. He has lost a fucking STEP.

chi-town324
01-26-2012, 07:43 PM
kickin ass and taking names

Momshell
01-26-2012, 09:00 PM
not sure if this was posted already - for those of you unable to get it - just found another site with clip of "Stay Frosty" - it's musicradar.com

Momshell
01-26-2012, 09:01 PM
here's the link
http://www.musicradar.com/news/drums/van-halen-post-snippet-of-another-new-song-stay-frosty-526616

SNIPER
01-27-2012, 12:59 AM
I can't wait to hear the entire song. What a fucking tease!! From what I heard on CSI last night it sounds pretty groovy!

DlocRoth
01-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Ill be going straight to " Stay Frosty" when I get this cd...then play it from the beginning..allowing 90 minutes highway time to enjoy immediately,,

Yep.

This song is going to KILL.

Ice Cream Man II.

DlocRoth
01-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Use my hand now. I wont look. :clap:

Romeo Delight
01-27-2012, 02:18 AM
Imagine these songs LIVE...:jaw::jaw: :jammin::jammin::jammin:

DavidLeeNatra
01-27-2012, 02:20 AM
Imagine these songs LIVE...:jaw::jaw: :jammin::jammin::jammin:

we came! we came! we came through blood and fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

:jammin:

DlocRoth
01-27-2012, 02:24 AM
Jusy finally saw the Cafe Wha? cuts.....

Dave is KILLING.

Ed is KILLING.

This is gonna shred.

The new shit is gonna blow heads away.

We waited forever, brethren.

And we have been rewarded.

I give you the MIGHTY VAN HALEN!!!!!!!!!!

Romeo Delight
01-27-2012, 02:29 AM
I can't believe it's going to pass our expectations, and by a large margin.

"Leeeeeeeeeeeeevel with me baybeee!!!!"

Little Texan
01-27-2012, 03:19 AM
Jusy finally saw the Cafe Wha? cuts.....

Dave is KILLING.

Ed is KILLING.

This is gonna shred.

The new shit is gonna blow heads away.

We waited forever, brethren.

And we have been rewarded.

I give you the MIGHTY VAN HALEN!!!!!!!!!!

I watched that last night on the vanhalenradio page after listening to the new tunes a few times, and I believe I even heard a few screams from Dave, although not the classic kind.

DlocRoth
01-27-2012, 03:27 AM
Listen again. It's fucking ON.

Halen High
01-27-2012, 05:00 AM
Love when she is on the intercom and you hear a classic DLR "WOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Yep - loved that part. When they are at the door, it sounds like the band is playing live inside.

DavidLeeNatra
01-27-2012, 05:03 AM
Yep - loved that part. When they are at the door, it sounds like the band is playing live inside.

and when they go inside Dave is going "uh uh uh uh" to the girl at the pole...perfect...

ZahZoo
01-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Ted Danson is the cafe wha Asian guy in this clip. I kept wanting him to chill th fuck out, have a drink watch the babes and listen to the music

That whole segment of the show I was sitting there thinking... shut the hell up... pan to the dancers... not for the visual but for the music. Reminded of when Mrs Zahzoo decides to "discuss something important" right at the best part of a movie and you are sitting there actively filtering...

WACF
01-27-2012, 10:40 AM
and when they go inside Dave is going "uh uh uh uh" to the girl at the pole...perfect...

That was perfect!

Diamondjimi
01-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Holy Motherfuckin China Town kicks major ass!!!

wiseguy
01-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Jason Ellis of Sirius XM Faction fame, mentioned Stay Frosty on his radio show on Friday. I listen to him religiously and I know he is pro Roth and anti what's his name. Anyway, it sounded like he was up on what Van Halen was doing and very aware of their new album. For a guy who, MMA's, is in to Moto, 7th greatest skateboarder in the world and races trucks, that's pretty cool for him to know about and mention "stay frosty" on his show. Roth would be a stellar guest on his show for sure.

Zempi
06-06-2012, 10:30 PM
I don't even watch much tv, but have it on in the background...... I heard Stay Frosty and Tattoo on CSI....Cool..

mug
06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Old news sorry.

Zempi
06-06-2012, 10:43 PM
As I said don't watch much tv so it was a novelty to me...They can dump this one then...:)

katina
06-06-2012, 10:46 PM
I don't even watch much tv, but have it on in the background...... I heard Stay Frosty and Tattoo on CSI....Cool..

I didnīt know, thank you for sharing.

Hardrock69
06-07-2012, 01:00 AM
You just saw a rerun of an episode broadcast back in December or January or something. Trust us....we are aware of all things Van Halen. ;)

envy_me
06-07-2012, 01:06 AM

Wow, that's so cool. I didn't know :D

fourthcoming
06-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Yea, it is old news....but the tunes were appropriately set in a topless bar.