PDA

View Full Version : Locking Nuts

Va Beach VH Fan
01-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Dunno if you guys saw this from Ed's Facebook Page, could it be he actually posted this? The "EVH" at the end seems to indicate so....

In answer to the Wolfgang guitar questions posted - “Why locking nuts on a stop tail piece guitar?” and “Why do you put a locknut on a hard tail?"

It's for maximum tuning stability! It will not allow the string to slip out of tune at the nut and if the guitar goes slightly out of tune, you use the fine tuners behind the bridge. It's a much more refined and precise way of tuning. EVH

ELVIS
01-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Maybe someone posts in his name...

jhale667
01-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Saw that...wonder if he wrote it personally or someone may have slightly paraphrased what he said, but it totally makes sense...and the stop-tailpiece Wolfgangs are pretty cool! :baaa:

Va Beach VH Fan
01-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Maybe someone posts in his name...

99% of the time I'd agree, this one seemed more personally written, plus the EVH at the end....

Nitro Express
01-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Saw that...wonder if he wrote it personally or someone may have slightly paraphrased what he said, but it totally makes sense...and the stop-tailpiece Wolfgangs are pretty cool! :baaa:

I snagged a Peavey one pretty cheap. They just weren't selling because everyone wanted the wiggle stick. The store owner gave me a great deal to get rid of it. It's a great guitar and actually has a lot more sustain than the Floyd equipped ones. I just plugged it in at the store and went holly shit! I got to have this one! It sounded that good.

Hardrock69
01-28-2012, 06:04 AM
I have to admit, what he said is true. Just doing some bending on the strings will put them out of tune, so a locking nut on a hardtail is still a good idea.

I always liked the locking nuts that had a little lever, so you did not have to spend a lot of time mucking around with an allen wrench or screwdriver.

crowhue
02-20-2012, 03:16 PM
A bit of string lube and a stoptail shouldnt go out of tune. Plus you lose out on those great behind the nut string-bends