Will we have to wait over a quarter century for the next Van Halen album?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave_is_vh
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Will we have to wait over a quarter century for the next Van Halen album?

How many years will we have to wait for the follow up to A Different Kind of Truth?

I predict another new album in four years!
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Isn't it better to just bask in the moment?

Oh dear.

Comment

• VanCanHalen
      Groupie
      • Jan 2012

Yes need to bask in the glory of this moment, this record/tour then we can all crave some more VH, but probably another couple years after this tour/album assuming all parties remain friendly :-)

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
        How many years will we have to wait for the follow up to A Different Kind of Truth?

I predict another new album in four years!
        Can you give them a few minutes to tour the world?
        WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• chi-town324
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Feb 2007

agreed let this one sink in first...

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Shit...it took them how many years of misfires to get THIS one out? And that was against some seemingly pretty long odds.

This one sounds like it's gonna rock, and rock well. I'd be happy enough with that.

After everything that has transpired with this band, and considering the state of where things stood in the summer of 2006, anything that has happened since is gravy.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• SilvioDante
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

You know I honestly don't care if this is it. If this is the last album and tour with these guys, this is more than I thought I would ever get. I get to show my son what these guys are all about. I have been telling him for years about the MIGHTY VAN HALEN. I can play the 6 Pack all I want, but people today need to see new stuff. Rock needs a kick in the ass. Like Billy Corgan said at the VMA those many years ago, it's time to get the Halen back together and set things right. And if that is all that happens, well that's OK by me.

Look back over the last 28 years. Did you ever think we would ever see this again? An actual ALBUM of new material? I have been coming here for years before my 2004 join date. Seen the highs and lows. Good and bad times. And over the years we had our hopes raised hundreds of times thinking we'd get a new album. I can honestly say, IMHO, none of us here thought we would ever see one.

Sit back, enjoy today. Tomorrow isn't promised, especially in Van Halen Land.
              "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• CDABOAT1
                Groupie
                • Dec 2011

I have a feeling there will be more as ADKOT will bring them back to relevance....I.e. MONEY... This baby will go platinum

But.. Gonna take me a decade to start getting bored with ADKOT. 1800 ya dig?????

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Good news is VH is signed to a real record contract... at this stage in their career hard to say if there's any firm schedule for new releases or any specific quantity of albums.

Highly doubtful we'll return to the glory years of an album a year thru Diver Down... from there it slipped to 2 years thru Fuck, then 3, then 4, then 3... then fucking 14 years...

Optimistically... 2015 or 2016 looks promising... they ain't gettin any younger. I hope they hit it while it's still hot and they have the ability to deliver...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...