X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDABOAT1
    Groupie
    • Dec 2011

Devastating thought then adkot commentary

Devastating thought... What if years ago with Sammy they would have re-worked the old demos? Hearing Sammy singing new versions of Down In Flames, Bullethead, Put Out the Lights, etc...

THANK YOU EDDIE FOR NEVER DOING THIS TO YOUR FANS......

ADKOT Commentary... Our amusement park, Six Flags Over Texas, recently rebuilt the worlds tallest wooden roller coaster (Texas Giant). This new version is much faster, smoother and just an exciting ride - has an old look and feel but this thing cooks.. You want to ride this roller coaster again and again.

ADKOT is much the same. What a wild ride. "The band is on fire"... 2011 comment from Ross Hogarth.. is the truth. I didn't believe his comment 100% last year but oh my.. his comment... and this CD.. is dead on. Are all these songs going to be top 40 hits? No. Will they all be top 40 hits to us loyal fans? Hell yeah.

Which ones will be radio hits? IMHO... Tattoo (already reached #1), Stay Frosty, You and Your Blues and Blood and Fire. Might also add She's The Woman.

Yes, the big bear has been in long time hibernation... but he is roaring now kids. Yowza!
  • CDABOAT1
    Groupie
    • Dec 2011

Oh yes.. and BIG RIVER... roll that sucker to a top hit too, why don't ya! FRIG this new CD is the shizzle!

Comment

• minkahed
      Roadie
      • Jan 2012

I don't think Sam could have pulled any of that material off and make it sound authentic.

That's one of the biggest factors in the whole Sam vs Dave bullshit, in that a key element that Dave has in spades that Samuel lacks is CHARISMA
      Hot dog and a shake

Comment

• CDABOAT1
        Groupie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by minkahed
        I don't think Sam could have pulled any of that material off and make it sound authentic.

That's one of the biggest factors in the whole Sam vs Dave bullshit, in that a key element that Dave has in spades that Samuel lacks is CHARISMA
        Very true.. not to get into a Dave/Sam debate (cuz I'll defend Dave all day, any day).. but.. Some may say that Sam is a better singer technically.. Okay.. fine. But Dave brings the attitude which comes out in the music.. and that is one of the many flavors of the Van Halen appeal that has been missed for over 2 decades (except Me Wise Magic and Can't Get This Stuff No More). Attitude.. his vibe is the fuel here. Yes?

Comment

• Yount
          Commando
          • Jan 2012

Dave has torque!
          Sammy has pork!

Comment

• DlocRoth
            ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Yount
            Dave has torque!
            Sammy has pork!
            Sig worthy!!!
            Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• CDABOAT1
              Groupie
              • Dec 2011

wonder if Bullet Head is a little bit of a F.U. to Sammy on he and his book? On the other hand, the brothers probably don't care at this point.

Comment

• Kaydeim
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Jan 2004

Dave's lyric writing was already head and shoulders above Hagar, but nowhere is it more evident than between ADKOT and Chickenfoot III. If people will just give this album a chance, it will go multi-platinum. As others have said, I don't care what others think...but I do believe this music deserves to be heard. I think Interscope is doing their part. I hope the band plays Leno, Letterman or even Fallon...that would be cool.

I can't believe I'm so geared up over 1:30 clips!

CDA, your analogy is spot on.

Comment

• VanCanHalen
                  Groupie
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by CDABOAT1
                  Very true.. not to get into a Dave/Sam debate (cuz I'll defend Dave all day, any day).. but.. Some may say that Sam is a better singer technically.. Okay.. fine. But Dave brings the attitude which comes out in the music.. and that is one of the many flavors of the Van Halen appeal that has been missed for over 2 decades (except Me Wise Magic and Can't Get This Stuff No More). Attitude.. his vibe is the fuel here. Yes?
                  Plus Hagars lyrics about dreams, love, love, some more love useless garbage, Dave brings layers to every recording both vocally and lyrically

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

i'm still on the self imposed leak ban. i will not hear anything other than 'tattoo' till next friday.

i recently said this to a dear mate of mine...

'then the big engine got cleaned and repaired and fired up again. and it's the most motherfucking powerful thing on the planet; never mind it's age. i think that's what the locomotive represents.'

Comment

• CDABOAT1
                      Groupie
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by ashstralia
                      i'm still on the self imposed leak ban. i will not hear anything other than 'tattoo' till next friday.

'then the big engine got cleaned and repaired and fired up again. and it's the most motherfucking powerful thing on the planet; never mind it's age. i think that's what the locomotive represents.'
                      Thanks, Kaydeim... your beautiful babe don't ever change... Yo.. on the locomotive. You are on to something.. An old train, re-tooled with full steam ahead into the future. That makes a lot of sense.. I'd bet there's a part of that thought - or a majority of that thought - behind the CD cover.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Yount
                        Dave has torque!
                        Sammy has pork!
                        Love it
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Kaydeim
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia

Well, "Good on ya, mate!" You are stronger than me. However, I already bought the album, so I didn't really consider it cheating or anything. Just know that you are going to be blown away. I have no doubt that this will exceed any expectation you may have had...and I'm not over selling.

God bless you!

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Let's Get Jivin'? Down in Love? Loverhead?

Yeah, that would have worked...actually, I don't think Ed deserves any thanks for not reworking them with Hagar per se, I just think he probably hated Dave so much at that point (along with the rest of the band) that he wanted to distance himself as far away from him as humanly possible. Makes sense when you look at the concert set lists between 1986-1995...
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                              Let's Get Jivin'? Down in Love? Loverhead?

Yeah, that would have worked...actually, I don't think Ed deserves any thanks for not reworking them with Hagar per se, I just think he probably hated Dave so much at that point (along with the rest of the band) that he wanted to distance himself as far away from him as humanly possible. Makes sense when you look at the concert set lists between 1986-1995...
                              You're alive!!
                              WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

Working...