PDA

View Full Version : Next single and video should be colour

Yount
01-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Your thoughts on the next video? Someone mentioned earlier that they want to see a Hot For Teacher style clip. That would be great! But what song would suit that kind of cinematography?
Stay Frosty? I could see those verses really going somewhere further than just b&w stage shots. Come on Dave don't hide that talent for whacky vids from us! Where's the midget bodyguards and where's the Picasso bros? Where's the COLOUR!! Hope something's cooking. But I'm happy either way.

SNIPER
01-29-2012, 08:17 PM
I dunno but I am looking forward for all the you tube live clips we will have soon.

DavidLeeNatra
01-29-2012, 08:19 PM
the picasso bro. style already got old in 1991...me likes the b/w-flics...it's rough, it has depth and fits the old faces perfectly...

forget about Dave jumping from the drum raiser...these days are gone, and that's okay...why always repeat the old stuff?

SunisinuS
01-29-2012, 08:20 PM
I want China Town.

And not the "Too Young to Fall in Love" style Motley Version.

I want raw Van Halen kicking the shit out.

SunisinuS
01-29-2012, 08:24 PM
BTW VHND just came up with "She's the Woman" preview.

78/84 guy
01-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Your thoughts on the next video? Someone mentioned earlier that they want to see a Hot For Teacher style clip. That would be great! But what song would suit that kind of cinematography?
Stay Frosty? I could see those verses really going somewhere further than just b&w stage shots. Come on Dave don't hide that talent for whacky vids from us! Where's the midget bodyguards and where's the Picasso bros? Where's the COLOUR!! Hope something's cooking. But I'm happy either way.

Just turn it up on the CSI episode !!

guwapo_rocker
01-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Blood and Fire.

Yount
01-29-2012, 08:37 PM
why always repeat the old stuff?

Nah not quite repeat, but have touches of that unique video-making style that Dave showed in Panama, HFT, Goin' Crazy. Although you are spot on about the softer faces. Just a little colour though... Like Tattoo's lyrics. (Which I think is extremely cool, Dave singing bombastic colours in b&w)

DavidLeeNatra
01-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Nah not quite repeat, but have touches of that unique video-making style that Dave showed in Panama, HFT, Goin' Crazy. Although you are spot on about the softer faces. Just a little colour though... Like Tattoo's lyrics. (Which I think is extremely cool, Dave singing bombastic colours in b&w)

I like this "film noir" style...it's unique...and while everybody's got 200 dancing girls they cut it back to a b/w JUMP! makes perfect sense to me...dancing girls? been there done that, watch us play motherfuckers, we don't need that shit...it's Helmut Newton meets Diamond Dave...

vandeleur
01-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Blood and fire gotta be next single , and with its nostalgia parts ... Gimme old pic montages in B&W and modern
Colour of now maybe them jerking around in the studio and some epic Dave for the told u I was coming back

guwapo_rocker
01-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Blood and fire gotta be next single , and with its nostalgia parts ... Gimme old pic montages in B&W and modern
Colour of now maybe them jerking around in the studio and some epic Dave for the told u I was coming back

I like it. Except for the jerking off in the studio part :)

vandeleur
01-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Yeah meant messing about ... Chilling out ... Maybe jerking wasn't the right word :biggrin:

wiseguy
01-29-2012, 09:07 PM
I like it. Except for the jerking off in the studio part :)

Agreed, chicken**** cornered the market on that.

Dan
01-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Blood and Fire.

Yes,Yes And Fucking YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Yount
01-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Absolutely! Like I said, either way. Actually, when's the last time Dave did that on vid? ALAE? Don't think Shoo Bop counts. That's 20 years ago.

WARF
01-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Every song is so awesome, it would be hard to choose.

I would go RAW with bullethead or Big River next...

wiseguy
01-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Absolutely! Like I said, either way. Actually, when's the last time Dave did that on vid? ALAE? Don't think Shoo Bop counts. That's 20 years ago.

Shes my machine....using that same guy that Bon Jovi did along with 1000 other acts.

Yount
01-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Shes my machine....using that same guy that Bon Jovi did along with 1000 other acts.

Urgh! I've never seen that video 'til today. It just doesn't seem to match the music. It doesn't seem as though Dave directed it. Not something I really wanna watch again.
BTW that 10 metre long boom box on ALAE, now that's funny! I wanna see Dave taking the piss on some current issues and identities in his videos. He's so good at mocking fellow celebrities and common Joe's alike.

Halen High
01-30-2012, 04:28 AM
I would like to see a storyline video featuring actors - and definitely in colour.

If I had to choose one - You and Your Blues.

golitely
01-30-2012, 05:44 AM
^ good God no! Some performance stuff from the tour, back stage antics, maybe a Spinal Tap like joke at the end. but no storyline or actors. I've waited 20 plus years, I don't want to see this year's teen acting sensation interpret a VH song.

golitely
01-30-2012, 05:47 AM
And I'd snuff out any instinct to go heavy PB. It worked in the mid' 80s when pro wrestling and Pee Wee Herman were the rage, but now it would be ...pathetic ...unless done with a very light touch, which I'm not so sure they are capable of.

golitely
01-30-2012, 05:51 AM
Last thought..no chicks in bikinis. DLR is really starting to look like my dad with the hat and the overalls (if he puts out video of him hunting wild turkey with that dog I think I'll have some serious talk with a therapist about Electra issues) and it is really starting to creep me out. Let's age gracefully gentlemen.

fifth element
01-30-2012, 08:06 PM
lol...long hair or short, tights or overalls...
Dave isl hot as hell...

Jetstream
01-30-2012, 08:08 PM
they should stay with the film noir style on the next video....with a lot girls showing their ass and in stockings...with their nipples hard from the cold...and remember, STAY FROSTY :)