X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThatArtGuy
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2004

Optimism 101

Here is the current picture of my CD tower. I have had that slot for the seventh Van Halen album since 1998. My wife, of great character and sound mind, can attest to this fact. This is proof of my determination, loyalty, and dedication for this band:

We've waited far too long. Oh, and before you say, "Those are the remasters. How could you have had the space before they were released?" I will tell you that the previously released CD's were in there first, mother truckers.

That(My optimism paid off in spades this time)ArtGuy

Anyone have any other stories of belligerent optimism to share?
    I brought my pencil!!!
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Love it man!

Totally dig having sentimental stuff like that. And being able to fill that slot after so many years....priceless. You are going to feel so fucking good sliding that brand new cd in there.

I did something similar with the 3 collage photo frames we had in our hallway. Each held like 15 pics. I left 1 spot blank. Everyone would say "you missed a spot". Nope. That picture hasn't been taken yet. Picture of what? I dont know. I'll know it when I see it. Until then the slot stays open.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• hain23x
      Head Fluffer
      • Mar 2004

I got that "Reunion" disc too!
      Eat Us and Smile!
      Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• INeedYou
        Groupie
        • Jan 2012

The optimism in everyone all these years came from CVH proving what a great band they are, whether that be on vinyl, disc or live and face-melting! Our optimism manifested itself by us all insisting how important their music is to us fans... And lo and behold, they knew it too! And here we are, band and fan alike, ready for the magic we've waited so long to enjoy!
        No light at the end of the tunnel, due to budget constraints...

Comment

• RedZoneD25
          Full On Cocktard
          • Jan 2012

It's a sham the Best Of album is only one disc. Should have been six.

Comment

• smorgdonkey
            Roadie
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ThatArtGuy
            Here is the current picture of my CD tower. I have had that slot for the seventh Van Halen album since 1998. My wife, of great character and sound mind, can attest to this fact. This is proof of my determination, loyalty, and dedication for this band:

That's some good stuff. VH I was the first CD I ever bought having had the vinyl and tape prior.

Comment

Working...