PDA

View Full Version : Roth and character

Jetstream
01-31-2012, 12:46 AM
With all the bashing Hagar is doing, to satisfy his own self insecurities...it would serve him right to learn a thing or two from Dave. I put this older story up to draw an emphasis on what it requires to earn admiration and true respect. Dave would be cool even without the music. Sammy has neither...music or character http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,783462,00.html

FORD
01-31-2012, 12:53 AM
Don't even think I want to imagine Cheddy Mcdonald as an EMT.......

SunisinuS
01-31-2012, 12:57 AM
Don't even think I want to imagine Cheddy Mcdonald as an EMT.......

"OOOOOhhhhh yea....I'm a phlebotomist Baaaaaabbbuh!

Let me eat breakfast first and I will be right with you....Oooooo(Screech)Oooooohhh!"

VAiN
01-31-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm really digging the 2012 Dave... He has style and dignity. Just a bad ass cool motherfucker. Nobody even comes close.

kwame k
01-31-2012, 01:45 AM
Dave being Dave......

You either get it or you don't!

VAiN
01-31-2012, 02:24 AM
Dave being Dave......

You either get it or you don't!

Agree 110%..

DavidLeeNatra
01-31-2012, 02:53 AM
always had it...always will...

golitely
01-31-2012, 07:41 AM
I've always wondered if this was some sort of reaction to 9/11 for him. And if so, whether the great unwashed media out there would have cut him some slack rather than going for the easy jokes.

Heater
01-31-2012, 08:00 AM
Dave is an EMT. He is not a paramedic. A paramedic is an EMT who has received significant additional training. God bless EMTs and paramedics. Dave never really took the time to explain the difference between the two and never corrected anyone if they identified him as a paramedic instead of an EMT. The fact nobody recognized him in 2004 is no big deal, VH wasn't exactly huge in the neighborhoods he rode in, and 2004 may have been the bottom of the barrel of the Roth solo years.

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 08:15 AM
Nobody here ever said he was a paramedic...

An EMT is like a paramedic assistant...

Kinda like a nurse assistant...

A paramedic requires a college degree...

Matt White
01-31-2012, 08:16 AM
Dave is an EMT. He is not a paramedic. A paramedic is an EMT who has received significant additional training. God bless EMTs and paramedics. Dave never really took the time to explain the difference between the two and never corrected anyone if they identified him as a paramedic instead of an EMT. The fact nobody recognized him in 2004 is no big deal, VH wasn't exactly huge in the neighborhoods he rode in, and 2004 may have been the bottom of the barrel of the Roth solo years.

So...you know more than the person who did the interview with DAVE? You know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that DAVE didn't received "significant additional training" to move up the ladder to the Top of the EMT status as a paramedic?

Thanks for sharing your "insider information" with us Bleater! Who knew that you were so well connected!

And for those *cough cough assholes* who didn't know....some actual background info......

"Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Ambulance Technician are terms used in some countries to denote a healthcare provider of emergency medical services.[1] Common obsolete terms include ambulance driver, ambulance orderly, ambulance attendant and ambulanceman.

The precise meaning of the term varies by jurisdiction, but in many countries EMTs respond to emergency calls, perform certain medical procedures and transport patients to hospital in accordance with protocols and guidelines established by physician medical directors. They may work in an ambulance service (paid or voluntary), as a member of technical rescue teams/squads, or as part of an allied service such as a fire or police department. EMTs are trained to assess a patient's condition, and to perform such emergency medical procedures as are needed to maintain a patent airway with adequate breathing and cardiovascular circulation until the patient can be transferred to an appropriate destination for advanced medical care. Interventions include cardiopulmonary resuscitation, defibrillation, controlling severe external bleeding, preventing shock, body immobilization to prevent spinal damage, and splinting of bone fractures."

The NHTSA recognizes four levels of EMTs[3]:
EMT-B (Basic)
EMT-I/85 (Intermediate)
EMT-I/99 (Intermediate)
EMT-P (Paramedic)

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/6/22/cab66efc-54d9-42ea-ba92-19e33ba4708b.jpg

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 08:21 AM
Dave is and EMT-Basic...

He said so on his Radio show...

Heater
01-31-2012, 08:28 AM
Dave has received the training that certifies him as an EMT- B. Nice job with the cut and paste but that doesn't make you understand it any better obviously. EMT and Paramedic are terms used interchangeably as catch alls for those who work in EMS (Emergency Medical Services) by people who don't know or understand there are differences. There is nothing wrong with being trained at the basic level as an EMT, you really don't need to get that pissed off at this. He can still be your hero.

Heater
01-31-2012, 08:30 AM
Dave is and EMT-Basic...

He said so on his Radio show...

Well, then 30 people heard him say that.

LUDWIG USA
01-31-2012, 08:35 AM

Sit Down Heater.......

sadaist
01-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Well, then 30 people heard him say that.

Who cares if it was 30 or 30,000? Who cares if he was an EMT or Paramedic? Who cares if anyone recognized him?

The fact is everything he has done in the last decade has somehow, gloriously led him to where we currently find ourselves.

ONE WEEK AWAY FROM A NEW ALBUM!

Matt White
01-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Dave has received the training that certifies him as an EMT- B. Nice job with the cut and paste but that doesn't make you understand it any better obviously. EMT and Paramedic are terms used interchangeably as catch alls for those who work in EMS (Emergency Medical Services) by people who don't know or understand there are differences. There is nothing wrong with being trained at the basic level as an EMT, you really don't need to get that pissed off at this. He can still be your hero.

Again you cuntpletly ignore the obvious....

EMT is a general term.....

actually try to read and comprehend once in a while..........

oh right...that's why you prefer Spambot lyrics..."No comprehension necessary"....................

fucking dolt

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6zH7tdatQUA/SaRutPZ9Y3I/AAAAAAAAEdg/ASk0il9BNis/s400/dumbass.jpg

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 08:48 AM
I think Heater needs to go in the cooler...

Heater
01-31-2012, 08:48 AM
Go home Ludwig.....

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 09:00 AM
You can't hang with the big boys...

:elvis:

Matt White
01-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Bleater is always a little "testy" in the morning..............

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/662/PreviewComp/SuperStock_662-223.jpg

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 09:04 AM
http://members.rennlist.com/sharkskin/Smiley_Misc-DramaLlama.jpg

:biggrin:

DavidLeeNatra
01-31-2012, 10:33 AM

just three more days over here :biggrin:

LUDWIG USA
01-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Go home Ludwig.....
There's a heater on my peter, knock it off........There's a dozin on my cousin, you can hear them fucker's buzzin........

jero
01-31-2012, 10:38 AM
just three more days over here :biggrin:

Yeah man!!! 3 more days!

Heater
01-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Yes matty, EMT is a general term for those who don't know that a paramedic is NOT the same thing as an EMT. Wrap your oddly shaped head around this: all Paramedics are EMTs but all EMTs are not paramedics. Don't let this fact get in the way of your fanboi hero worship of Davy, I'm sure it won't. Very defensive, very defensive. I guess you believe the 3 guys sharing the half a cupcake story too. Great Koolaid Dave! Is this grape?

hambon4lif
01-31-2012, 11:24 AM
....whatever happened to the days when trolls at least had some kind of game?

These new ones are so weak and dull that it's saddening in a way.....

Matt White
01-31-2012, 11:28 AM
I hear ya HAM...............

Bleater is just a bore...painfully obivious & "no game" wahtsoever....................

Typical Spambo Sheep...............

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/1011/rocks-rocks-dumb-majortiy-rerun-demotivational-poster-1290383144.jpg

tap1966
01-31-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm really digging the 2012 Dave... He has style and dignity. Just a bad ass cool motherfucker. Nobody even comes close.

Yeah, he seems at peace and happy with life. But has he really done much badmouthing of anyone in the last several years - seems like he got past it a while back. Didn't listen much to his radio show though so maybe I missed some?

vandeleur
01-31-2012, 11:52 AM
always had it...always will...

TRUE :thumb:

VAiN
01-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Yeah, he seems at peace and happy with life. But has he really done much badmouthing of anyone in the last several years - seems like he got past it a while back. Didn't listen much to his radio show though so maybe I missed some?

Dave is above that shit and has a zen-like vibe... he's above whatever some jealous dickhead cunt from some shitty band has to say.. I must learn from his wisdom and just ignore it. Zen and the art of laughing last, indeed.

VAiN
01-31-2012, 01:38 PM
Who cares if it was 30 or 30,000? Who cares if he was an EMT or Paramedic? Who cares if anyone recognized him?

The fact is everything he has done in the last decade has somehow, gloriously led him to where we currently find ourselves.

This.

The point is Dave does things... he's constantly evolving and trying new things, he has character.. When's the last time you did something for the first time? Uh huh.. ALBUM IN A WEEK!!!!!!

wiseguy
01-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Uh huh.. ALBUM IN A WEEK!!!!!!

Wooohooooooo motherfuckers!!!

wiseguy
01-31-2012, 02:02 PM

"don't want 'em to get your goat boy, don't show 'em where it's hid...."

FORD
01-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Yes matty, EMT is a general term for those who don't know that a paramedic is NOT the same thing as an EMT. Wrap your oddly shaped head around this: all Paramedics are EMTs but all EMTs are not paramedics. Don't let this fact get in the way of your fanboi hero worship of Davy, I'm sure it won't. Very defensive, very defensive. I guess you believe the 3 guys sharing the half a cupcake story too. Great Koolaid Dave! Is this grape?

Fanboi??

OK, only one cocksucking piece of shit in the history of this board has ever used that term.

Busted, Santa's Douche. Now get the fuck out.

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Fanboi??

OK, only one cocksucking piece of shit in the history of this board has ever used that term.

Busted, Santa's Douche. Now get the fuck out.

I was thinking the same thing but my memory is nothing like yours...

Zing!
01-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Dave is above that shit and has a zen-like vibe... he's above whatever some jealous dickhead cunt from some shitty band has to say.. I must learn from his wisdom and just ignore it. Zen and the art of laughing last, indeed.

I've often felt the same thing, particularly after reading Dave's book. I've thought more than once that all talk of Sam Hagar should be outlawed here - sometimes it seems like folks talk just as much about our animosity for Hagarita as we do for our respect for DLR. I would be cool with an outright ban on all Sammy Hagar talk in Main. Keep it in some other dusty section of the site that Army members seldom visit. Bitching about Sammy goes against everything Dave stands for in my opinion - particularly now, when we should all be focusing on the positive. Let Sam and his sheep talk all they want. Why waste your breath here - ON A DAVID LEE ROTH SITE - about someone who couldn't fill his diamond-studded shoes? Let's get a little Zen, people. That's how Dave would want it.

In my opinion.

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 08:29 PM
I would be cool with an outright ban on all Sammy Hagar talk in Main.

That's how it was when I moderated main...

kwame k
01-31-2012, 08:40 PM
..and we all know how that ended:biggrin:

I keed....it was just too easy to pass up.

clarathecarrot
01-31-2012, 08:43 PM
Let's look at it this way; unlike other sites... thank you so much for not having a forum or sub forum or anything attention grabbing, to place Hagar discussion in. Let it fall in where it may, Main, Non, Dump, anywhere, never in a set asside area, of Sam with a forum, on this site .

I would not be able to handle even it it was solely to bash him, a designated place of honor on this site layout.

Jetstream
01-31-2012, 08:49 PM
I have a compromise...maybe we should outlaw the use of the word Sammy Hagar...and just call him Marvin as in Marvin the Martian...though Marvin was a cool cat

hambon4lif
01-31-2012, 08:59 PM
maybe we should outlaw the use of the word Sammy Hagar.HELL FUCKING YES!!!

I'm down with that!

Where do I sign?

gbranton
01-31-2012, 10:16 PM
...and just call him Marvin as in Marvin the Martian...though Marvin was a cool cat

I don't want to call him Marvin, I just want to blow him up with the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

sadaist
02-01-2012, 06:11 AM
I wish I had the money & the drive to be able to try all sorts of new things. EMT, helicopter pilot, author, singer, guitar player, sheep dog herding, radio host, mercenary school, Amazon river expedition, mountain climbing, martial arts, learning to dance well, drawings, stage designer, surfing, .....

and these are just some of what we know he has done.

Diamond Dave is one eclectic motherfucker. The mojo is strong with this one.

Bad Muthafucker
02-01-2012, 09:41 AM

LOL! Aaahhhhh, the good ol' days.

daveswisdom1984
02-01-2012, 01:05 PM
LOL! Aaahhhhh, the good ol' days.

The more they stay silent about the Red Mistake the more he fumes and opens his trap. The fallout will be immnese

ZahZoo
02-01-2012, 01:55 PM

Thankfully for us old farts there's the urban dictionary... second time today I saw this "keed" thing... going WTF?

So this has replaced J/K..?