PDA

View Full Version : Interscope drop the ball

ToraToraTora
01-31-2012, 07:58 AM
I think Interscope have been doing a great job so far, then i saw this advert in this months Classic Rock magazine, which includes a review of the cafe wha show and another article on the upcoming events. There is NO WAY interscope should be advertising this great album like this!!!!
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn187/caroline759403/31012012020.jpg

neuralfraud
01-31-2012, 08:48 AM
At least your Scotch ass gets to hear things a day before we do! :)

...mmmm ..scotch....aughhhghhghhh

Seshmeister
01-31-2012, 08:53 AM
Scottish ass.

Scotch is a drink.

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 08:58 AM
I wanna be scotch...:biggrin:

ZahZoo
01-31-2012, 09:17 AM
I wanna be scotch...:biggrin:

I think you'll have to settle for Cajun Ass for now... and please no pics of you in kilt... ;)

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 09:19 AM
It's coon-ass...

ZahZoo
01-31-2012, 09:34 AM
I reckon so...

VAiN
01-31-2012, 09:35 AM
You have a point.. 'classic' line-up didn't include Wolf.. but hey, what can ya do. DLR + EVH = classic.

Seshmeister
01-31-2012, 01:32 PM
I can't believe how much Anthony's stature seems to have grown since he hasn't been there.

I think it upsets Van Hagar fans more than anyone else, if you hated Van Hagar then it means less.

Guitar Shark
01-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Mike's a nice guy, so that increases the effect I think. It would be easier to dismiss him if he were an asshole.

smorgdonkey
01-31-2012, 02:03 PM
I think it upsets Van Hagar fans more than anyone else, if you hated Van Hagar then it means less.

I hated Van Hagar, Sam Halen, Haggis Heaven...whatever it was - it sucked. It was like the whole band started wearing pajamas. I also hate that Mike is not there.

I do dislike the way that the bus driver replaced the bass player though. I tend to put bands that I like on pedestals and there are so many shitty things that Ed did that I have a hard time seeing him in a positive light now. I particularly find it hard that he did thast to someone who I feel was loyal to him even after he pulled a bunch of shitty things on other people. Anyway, we all feel differently about it. I don't lose sleep over it but I have a very negative view of it.

Warham
01-31-2012, 03:53 PM
I get the feeling that some people would be happy if Mike was just a backing vocalist and Wolf played the bass. If you heard 99% of fans talk about Mike, you'd never know he was BassPlayer™.

Zing!
01-31-2012, 03:56 PM
But how sweet is it to see the classic =VH= logo in steady circulation again instead of the corporate Diet Pepsi ringed VH logo from the Spammy years?

vandeleur
01-31-2012, 04:03 PM
I discussed this with the headscarf ... And she made a valid point any advert needs to appeal to the roaming fans, the obsessive sad grown up children ( her words )know that Dave is back ... How do u advertise it to the general rock fan .. That " hey the real singer is back " it's a tough call because no advert is gonna bad mouth the past non discript version of VH.... Maybe to joe public classic van halen equates to Dave and Ed and on some level that's true .

smorgdonkey
01-31-2012, 04:09 PM
I discussed this with the headscarf ... And she made a valid point any advert needs to appeal to the roaming fans, the obsessive sad grown up children ( her words )know that Dave is back ... How do u advertise it to the general rock fan .. That " hey the real singer is back " it's a tough call because no advert is gonna bad mouth the past non discript version of VH.... Maybe to joe public classic van halen equates to Dave and Ed and on some level that's true .

The sad part is that many people who are casual music fans might think 'original line-up' means Haggis is back...because during that era there were a lot of people who didn't know what great music was.

I recall driving somewhere in 2002 and just cranking some great tunes...I get to a red light and see this dude making a 'roll the window down' motion. So, I roll my window down and turn the music down a little and the guy says "what is that you are playing?" I said "It's Van Halen two from 1979". The guy thanks me and goes along.

#1. That dude probably got turned onto one of the best bands that he ever heard that day
#2. I can't believe that anyone would not be able to identify a Roth-led Van Halen...it was and is as iconic as Led Zeppelin

TJMKID
01-31-2012, 04:11 PM
I believe Eddie would entertain the idea of Mike's return if there was a guarantee of the record label paying 100% of his salary. Wolfie could become "rhythm guitar player".

However, if Sobolewski demanded 20% of the tour profits --- Ed would tell him to fuck off. Only thing Ed loves more than beer & smokes is the mean green.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/4194/warf1.jpg

Vinnie Velvet
01-31-2012, 04:49 PM
I can't believe how much Anthony's stature seems to have grown since he hasn't been there.

Yeah, I agree. What's up with that?

Last I checked, MA wasnt the dude playing lead guitar, wasn't the guy who did a split legged leap off the drum riser, wasn't the guy who did the drum intro to HFT, wasn't the guy who the vast majority of chicks wanted to do, ......and on and on...

WTF? Seriously, What the fuck?

You would think MA was David Lee Roth or something. LOL

dave_is_vh
01-31-2012, 05:37 PM
If you are a Michael Anthony fan first and a Van Halen fan second go listen to Chickenshit.

bru87tr
01-31-2012, 06:07 PM
I think Interscope have been doing a great job so far, then i saw this advert in this months Classic Rock magazine, which includes a review of the cafe wha show and another article on the upcoming events. There is NO WAY interscope should be advertising this great album like this!!!!
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn187/caroline759403/31012012020.jpg

Wow, shocked by that pic.

Antman
01-31-2012, 06:59 PM
There are still a lot of people who still aren't aware Dave is back. I work with a girl (different office) at my company who is close to 50, a big rock fan from years ago, loves classic rock, and when I told her last year VH was working on a new album she asked who was singing these days. Ans she saw them back in the 80s w Dave and is a huge Dave supporter, yet she didn't know, and he's been back 5 years already.

chi-town324
01-31-2012, 07:05 PM
There are still a lot of people who still aren't aware Dave is back. I work with a girl (different office) at my company who is close to 50, a big rock fan from years ago, loves classic rock, and when I told her last year VH was working on a new album she asked who was singing these days. Ans she saw them back in the 80s w Dave and is a huge Dave supporter, yet she didn't know, and he's been back 5 years already.
she sounds like a dipshit

fourthcoming
01-31-2012, 07:07 PM
I hear you....I was out having dinner with my girl and another couple a few days after I bought tix for the MSG shows and my girl mentioned to them that we were going to see VH......First time I'm ever meeting this couple keep in mind and the douche bag guy says "David Lee Roth is still alive?" My girl knew how annoyed I was and kept kicking me under the table.....needless to say that's where my conversation with this tool ended.

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 07:58 PM
I get the feeling that some people would be happy if Mike was just a backing vocalist and Wolf played the bass.

I get the feeling you're smoking crack...

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Instead of classic line-up and all that bullshit, it should just say...

DAVID LEE ROTH IS BACK!

:elvis:

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 08:04 PM
But Dedwad would never go for such a thing...

Warham
01-31-2012, 08:08 PM
I get the feeling you're smoking crack...

Ah, it's beginning to feel like the old days again.

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 08:13 PM
:biggrin:

Jetstream
01-31-2012, 08:51 PM
I think Interscope picked up the ball and scored a TD with that :D

Vinnie Velvet
01-31-2012, 10:12 PM
But Dedwad would never go for such a thing...

I don't know about that.

ADKOT literally has Dave all over it (the reprinted lyrics in the album are Dave's actual handwritten notes complete with his own artwork).

Almost like having Dave on the back cover of the first album and so on.

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 10:51 PM
Maybe so...

I'm waiting for Dave to make the talk show rounds...

GreenEyedMurder
01-31-2012, 11:10 PM
Maybe so...

He should do at least one interview with a writer for a news site. :winkglasses:

Vinnie Velvet
01-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Maybe so...

Yeah, I hope so.

I expect Dave to go full on with the press but other than the regular Guitar World interview, don't expect Eddie to do very much in the way of interviews.

Which is just like the old days!

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 11:26 PM
I'd like to hear Ed discuss how the new album was made, but on the other hand I'm not that interested because he has such a track record of either being a crybaby or just being totally full of shit...

Hardrock69
02-01-2012, 12:38 AM
I also have been having run-ins with people who do not keep up with all things VH. I mean, yes, I am a cut above your casual fan....I am a FANATIC, lol.

But when people ask me if Sammy is back in the band I have to control my urge to kick the living shit outta them. :mad:

Angel
02-01-2012, 12:42 AM
Toronto Sun has an interview with Dave this Sunday.

ThatArtGuy
02-01-2012, 01:51 AM
When I talk about VH and someone mentions Slappy, I just say, "Who?!? I've never heard of him." They eventually get the point.