PDA

View Full Version : Goddamn it, STOP POSTING THE FUCKING FULL SONGS OR ALBUM HERE

FORD
01-31-2012, 05:42 PM
We all want to hear the new material, but nobody needs the hassle from corporate assholes.

Sample clips are fine. Full songs are not. Search YouTube if you want to find them. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to find one before it's deleted (and they're going fast)

Geezus.... you waited 28 years. A few more days isn't going to kill you.

Guitar Shark
01-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Yeah, this is getting a bit ridiculous. We're all excited, but no one needs to get accused of theft, copyright violations, etc.

Zing!
01-31-2012, 05:47 PM
Dave Roth went out of his way to give the Army some pretty damn cool exclusives. The least everyone can do here is show some restraint with the links to full songs. Use your head people.

Roth & Roll
01-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Word - especially considering how generous DDE, and VH management have been with the Army in sharing exclusive content.

I love the fact that they're finally acknowledging us - let's keep that channel open, gang. Why jeopardize it?

Seshmeister
01-31-2012, 05:57 PM
We're averaging half a dozen of these a day.

The thing that gets me is that do these people think that the reason the songs aren't up is because the rest of us don't know how to do it?

Jeez...

hain23x
01-31-2012, 06:10 PM
its like bed bugs

fryingdutchman
01-31-2012, 06:29 PM
Funny how most of these things are being posted by noobs or by those who haven't poked their head up here for 7 or 8 years....at least that's what I've been seeing.

Seems like an attention-whore move to gain some acceptance and credibility, and what they end up getting is their teeth kicked in by the mods and the scorn of the old-timers and regulars here.

For my part, I want to extend a hearty pat on the back to the mods and webbies who have done a phenomenal job policing this stuff. It can't be easy to keep up all the time, and you guys are kicking ass.

Seshmeister
01-31-2012, 06:31 PM
Having mods on different time zones helps with this. :)

kwame k
01-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Having mods on different time zones helps with this. :)

Guaranteeing that mods will be in various states of sobriety;)

Yount
01-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Don't beat on me, I hate the credibility-seeking whores too, but for now I'm gonna be a little more forgiving and say that people are really excited about this! If the mods are sharp and do their job, no prob!
Are DDE and VHM as understanding?
I guess I'm asking, how solid is the relationship you have with these people? From what I'm seeing (invites, info, interviews) I'd guess that this site is essential to these companies. A lot of people surf the net. A lot of people need to come to a place like this.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-31-2012, 07:04 PM
I guess I'm asking, how solid is the relationship you have with these people? From what I'm seeing (invites, info, interviews) I'd guess that this site is essential to these companies. A lot of people surf the net. A lot of people need to come to a place like this.

Why chance jeopardizing it?

I mean, we're not talking about people on the fringes here, we're talking about people who I've been on the phone with that have to hang up because David Fucking Lee Roth is calling!!

But why do people still post these full songs? 'Cause it ain't their ass on the line, that's why.....

ZahZoo
01-31-2012, 07:27 PM
Any relationship with this band is fragile at any given time... Stay Frosty...

Geez y'all the throttle works both ways... let up a bit. We have less than a week to have it legally in our nekid steaming hands!!

If you can't fucking wait... go do it privately. I mean shit... go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here!!

clarathecarrot
01-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Funny how most of these things are being posted by noobs or by those who haven't poked their head up here for 7 or 8 years....at least that's what I've been seeing.

Seems like an attention-whore move to gain some acceptance and credibility, and what they end up getting is their teeth kicked in by the mods and the scorn of the old-timers and regulars here.

For my part, I want to extend a hearty pat on the back to the mods and webbies who have done a phenomenal job policing this stuff. It can't be easy to keep up all the time, and you guys are kicking ass.

That is a whole thread I have been running thru my head,... add in the MA lovers vocal for years, who are all-- well, we really don't need MA in the band,. and then they call MA a turncoat for saying he would jam with Roth now---all popping thier head out of this or that website they have spent the last years cussing us (The RA) down at.....it's really amazing.

But, I have grown terribly cynical and angry about things as of the last few years (life not VH) I am such a cunt lately, and figured I don't really contribute much around here to level such a thread, at people, who want to be part of this and I see, perhaps, I am also in no place to say this or that about other humans and how, -what was once is no longer- , how I feel..and I am a cunt.. so, WTF.

God bless us all everywhere; DLR / Van Halen and The Roth Army, Fans.

We are about to pop a cold one or fire that reefers,... as one,.. to,.. A Different Kind Of Truth..my brothers.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-31-2012, 08:29 PM
its like bed bugs

cement bugs...:biggrin:

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 08:39 PM
We're averaging half a dozen of these a day.

The thing that gets me is that do these people think that the reason the songs aren't up is because the rest of us don't know how to do it?

Jeez...

You know how to embed video ??

ELVIS
01-31-2012, 08:41 PM
That is a whole thread I have been running thru my head,... add in the MA lovers vocal for years, who are all-- well, we really don't need MA in the band,. and then they call MA a turncoat for saying he would jam with Roth now---all popping thier head out of this or that website they have spent the last years cussing us (The RA) down at.....it's really amazing.

But, I have grown terribly cynical and angry about things as of the last few years (life not VH) I am such a cunt lately, and figured I don't really contribute much around here to level such a thread, at people, who want to be part of this and I see, perhaps, I am also in no place to say this or that about other humans and how, -what was once is no longer- , how I feel..and I am a cunt.. so, WTF.

God bless us all everywhere; DLR / Van Halen and The Roth Army, Fans.

We are about to pop a cold one or fire that reefers,... as one,.. to,.. A Different Kind Of Truth..my brothers.

That's an intoxicated post...

:biggrin:

kwame k
01-31-2012, 08:42 PM
The levels of PBR, glue, pills and paint that Thome has to ingest to even think that let alone post it is beyond belief:headlights:

kingedward
01-31-2012, 08:45 PM
Well, I'm new here, But trust me, I want the songs as bad as anyone, But having a bunch of corp legal dickheads sniffing around ain't the way to go. The songs are out there if you choose to look. Personally, The wait is not so bad, Reminds me of the old days. Of course, Easy to say with only a week left.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-31-2012, 08:47 PM
he's laid off the pills and paint, not cost effective anymore

kwame k
01-31-2012, 08:50 PM
he's laid off the pills and paint, not cost effective anymore

Now that's why he posts as Clara and not Thome:headlights:

PETE'S BROTHER
01-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Now that's why he posts as Clara and not Thome:headlights:

nope, the old paint fumes covered the password he had in his head for thome, geez, keep up :hippie:

clarathecarrot
01-31-2012, 08:59 PM
I built a F4U Corsair, 3ft wingspan, out of Balsa wood on a cork board oh... THE DOPE!!

(It is this petroleum distillate (butyl) that you paint on the rice paper used for covering the wings and fuselage before shrinking the paper with steam....)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_dope

http://www.historicaviation.com/product_info.po;jsessionid=H33gc2T4kVqumX_mC0OeDPf k?ID=3837

Oh the colors the colors..lol

It is a unique and sofisticated high the -common fiend- will never use...lloolpy

I got that going for me.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-31-2012, 09:02 PM
see...

kwame k
01-31-2012, 09:03 PM
nope, the old paint fumes covered the password he had in his head for thome, geez, keep up :hippie:

Wow!

That explains Blaze/Standin/too endless to list:headlights:

I might actually have to start reading what they post.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-31-2012, 09:05 PM
no just clara, who truly has the best platform for presidency, (we all get mini giraffes if he wins) ;)

clarathecarrot
01-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Now back on subject.....YES!..If and when DLR ever rejoins Ed and Van Halen as a member again, I think they should do a tour first and then a couple years later put out a album maybe rework some of the old tunes they wrote back in the club days.

Wishfull thinking I know.

Dope On Muthas!

kwame k
01-31-2012, 09:15 PM
no just clara, who truly has the best platform for presidency, (we all get mini giraffes if he wins) ;)

That would be cool when you're really :stoned-smiley:

PETE'S BROTHER
01-31-2012, 09:22 PM
That would be cool when you're really :stoned-smiley:

so, like, all the time?

kwame k
01-31-2012, 09:23 PM
so, like, all the time?

Like, duh, dude!

clarathecarrot
01-31-2012, 09:24 PM
One must endeavor to persevere.

kwame k
01-31-2012, 09:25 PM
Now back on subject.....YES!..If and when DLR ever rejoins Ed and Van Halen as a member again, I think they should do a tour first and then a couple years later put out a album maybe rework some of the old tunes they wrote back in the club days.

Dope On Muthas!

Every village needs and idiot, bro:beers8:

Nicely played, sir!

PETE'S BROTHER
01-31-2012, 09:27 PM
One must endeavor to persevere.

and preserve... :beers8:

PETE'S BROTHER
01-31-2012, 09:29 PM

Dope On Muthas!

see, lucid AND prophetic as a mutha fucka!

clarathecarrot
01-31-2012, 09:35 PM
Every village needs and idiot, bro:beers8:

Nicely played, sir!

:yo:

clarathecarrot
01-31-2012, 09:38 PM

It's not easy being cheesy..lol.

kwame k
01-31-2012, 09:41 PM

If you're gonna start using them there fancy book learnin' words I'm :bolt:

PETE'S BROTHER
01-31-2012, 09:43 PM
If you're gonna start using them there fancy book learnin' words I'm :bolt:

it meant having relations with...nevermind

clarathecarrot
01-31-2012, 09:58 PM
9 dollar wurds in this 3 dollar bar, the nerve!

GreenEyedMurder
01-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Don't beat on me, I hate the credibility-seeking whores too, but for now I'm gonna be a little more forgiving and say that people are really excited about this! If the mods are sharp and do their job, no prob!

Do you really want to test that??? However understanding they may be, it's still insulting and disrespectful to them.

WARF
01-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Anyone want the full songs??

I got them....

Winger that is...

GreenEyedMurder
01-31-2012, 10:39 PM
Well, I'm new here, But trust me, I want the songs as bad as anyone, But having a bunch of corp legal dickheads sniffing around ain't the way to go. The songs are out there if you choose to look. Personally, The wait is not so bad, Reminds me of the old days. Of course, Easy to say with only a week left.

It's not just the corporate lawyers who'd be sniffing around here, but the fact that it's incredibly disrespectful to the really cool people who work for/with the band and have gone out of their way to provide exclusive content here.

Even though the regulars here will eagerly pay for the new album next week, there are plenty of asshats who would find the full songs by Googling and deprive the band (and, by extension, the great people who work with them) of income by illegal downloads. They'll find a way to cheat the band, but this place doesn't have to be the conduit for it.

FORD
01-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Anyone want the full songs??

I got them....

Winger that is...

Did Lounge Machine give you permission to post them? :biggrin:

Dan
01-31-2012, 10:45 PM
Anyone From Now On Who Posts A Full Song Will Get Their Ass Put Into The Sheep Pen.

End Of Story

That's All.

Hardrock69
02-01-2012, 12:51 AM
I can say that so far the entire album has not been leaked. I belong to a hardcore forum that shares software, games, music, etc.

If it were out there, my friends would have posted it by now.

Even if it were available, I can wait until Feb. 7, when I will drive to Best Buy, get the deluxe edition with the DVD, drive back to my house, and blast my fucking stereo like a motherfucker. :hee:

BumBahDeeDah
02-01-2012, 02:12 AM
I agree about posting fulls songs here. I feel like i've heard too much already and wont sample anymore until i burn that disc before I get into the Batmobile to listen on the drive in to the office (couldn't get the day off.)

But I dont think its nice to call the corporate assholes assholes.

Seshmeister
02-01-2012, 09:17 AM
I can say that so far the entire album has not been leaked. I belong to a hardcore forum that shares software, games, music, etc.

Yeah that's true, just to clarify what we are having hassle with here is the 3 full songs that have been released already being put up here.

ELVIS
02-01-2012, 09:28 AM
I belong to a hardcore forum that shares software, games, music, etc.

It's just a matter of time before Eric卍Holder is up your ass...

daveswisdom1984
02-01-2012, 01:08 PM
:clap:

daveswisdom1984
02-01-2012, 01:10 PM
:bolt:

Vinnie Velvet
02-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Just truly amazing how VH has been able to keep the entire album from getting leaked.

Sensible Shoes
02-01-2012, 08:07 PM
But somebody reported they were playing it in between sets at a club. Maybe there are just small, non-internet leaks. Or something.

GreenEyedMurder
02-01-2012, 11:04 PM
But somebody reported they were playing it in between sets at a club. Maybe there are just small, non-internet leaks. Or something.

Maybe that's done on purpose -- to get people interested by hearing it, but unable to steal it.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-02-2012, 09:59 AM
I edited the thread title to include linking to the album, because it's already that time.....

Please don't think you're being a good VH Samaritan and link to torrent sites or whatever, because it's gonna get whacked, and fast.....

guwapo_rocker
02-02-2012, 10:43 AM
I've waited many years, I can wait a few more days and BUY IT.

Even if you have pre-ordered it or fully intend to buy it,

remember if you downloaded it from a torrent you are also uploading

it to others at the same time, so you are helping others steal it.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-02-2012, 10:45 AM
And you just might get a timeout ban for a week, to boot....

Angel
02-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I've had three people send me torrent links on Twitter. Sorry folks, as an artist and a fan, I could never ever illegally download... EVER! However, I will listen to those that get up and don't have to be downloaded, but I refuse to torrent.

RedZoneD25
02-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Oh jeez. I forgot Aussie's are having the best day ever. Willpower, willpower, willpower...

gbranton
02-02-2012, 04:16 PM
If I knew where to go and listen to it until the release without stealing it I would. But for me a physical, store bought copy with cover art, liner notes, discs, packaging and all is the ONLY way to fly. I want a copy to hold in my hand, read and show to others. Like all my other music I'll keep it for who knows how many years and pull it out and look it over often. These are mostly the same reasons why I can't get in a Kindle and still love to collect books.

hain23x
02-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Downloading mp3 or ripping it from YouTube will all sound like shit IMO.

I want the disc, the packaging, all of it.

VHscraps
02-02-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm doing old style deferred gratification. It is an underrated way to go about things these days, no doubt, but I want to wait until I have the CD in my hands.

I will flick thru the booklet, have a few drinkees, and git down to it. I'm getting pretty worked up with all the commens here from those who have heard it.

Haven't even listened to the preview clips. It's been 28 years, I can wait another few days. tuesday will be one memorable day.

28 years ....

Terry
02-02-2012, 09:57 PM

Even if it were available, I can wait until Feb. 7, when I will drive to Best Buy, get the deluxe edition with the DVD, drive back to my house, and blast my fucking stereo like a motherfucker. :hee:

It's actually pretty amazing that the entire album HASN'T been leaked yet, considering the day and age we live in.

Have listened to Tattoo and Blood & Fire in full, most of Chinatown and snippets of a couple other tunes. All on youtube Kinda got to the point where I don't want to hear any more until the album is released and I can buy it...like, sort of along the lines of how seeing too many different previews for a movie can sort of take the surprise out of it.

bigtrouble77
02-02-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm amazed that it didn't leak either due to the level of interest. Regardless, it's all over the place now, but I'm sure everyone knew it would once it was released.

VAiN
02-02-2012, 10:06 PM
It's actually pretty amazing that the entire album HASN'T been leaked yet, considering the day and age we live in.

It is impressive.. maybe the fan base who is buying the material where it's legally available is respectful of the Mighty VH and don't want to just leak it for mass consumption? It's the internet age, so we all have a buddy across the globe so it's easy enough to get an early copy.. but with that said, I'd never steal from VH nor would I support a platform that allows for theft - bit torrent sites, newsgroups(do those still exist??), etc...

Angel
02-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Youtubes were up yesterday, down today.... I seem to recall this great anticipation before, but at least we had no choice but to wait!!! Not all fans are great, I've had numerous on Twitter that have sent me links to torrent sites. NOT!!!!

guwapo_rocker
02-03-2012, 08:39 AM
I see a lot of talk of this sitting at number 1 for a long time.

Well that's not going to happen if people keep stealing it.

Sensible Shoes
02-03-2012, 09:40 AM
What has always been the thinking, that the tour drives the album or vice versa? Because I think the tour prices are probably jacked to compensate for the internet thieves.

Seshmeister
02-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Tours used to not make money apart from merchandising and were used to sell the record.

Now it's the reverse, in monetary terms the album is a promotional device for the tour maybe even a loss leader.

It's taking musicians and the industry a long time to come to terms with that.

Sensible Shoes
02-03-2012, 09:52 AM
well for all the money we're shelling out these days, they should be JUST FINE! :)

Diamondjimi
02-03-2012, 10:00 AM
First day buyer. Makin the numbers count. I want this album to hit #1 on the Billboard chart.... =VH=

george
02-03-2012, 02:14 PM
fuck - I'm pre-order on iTunes and I'm buying a physical copy the day it comes out. I've waited too long for this...

Terry
02-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Local dj down here (Cowhead at 102.5 in Tampa) got advance copies of the album and played several cuts in full this afternoon...looks like most of the album is available in full-length versions on youtube; as quickly as one youtube user posts a full-length tune and is shut down, half a dozen other users spring up posting the same tunes...trying to swat down all the people posting the album appears to be like trying to bail the Titanic with a Dixie cup.

kwame k
02-03-2012, 09:19 PM
First day buyer. Makin the numbers count. I want this album to hit #1 on the Billboard chart.... =VH=

Yep, me too:beers8:

twonabomber
02-03-2012, 09:27 PM
me three, hittin' Best Buy after work.

ashstralia
02-03-2012, 09:31 PM
well we know there were at least 5 copies sold in australia yesterday... :)

sonrisa salvaje
02-03-2012, 09:37 PM
I say to each his own but personally i didn't wait all these years to download it onto my ipod. Or download it on my computer and burn it to a cd-r. That would be like having phone sex. What is the fucking point?

ZahZoo
02-04-2012, 08:34 AM
me three, hittin' Best Buy after work.

Make that 4...

I keep hitting order status on WalMart.com for the CD + Shirt deal I preordered... Still says Processing Will arrive Friday, 02/10/12... I'll probably have the one I buy Tuesday worn out and ready to be replaced Friday!!

Momshell
02-04-2012, 09:09 AM
I preordered on itunes and from VHstore - the one from the VH store says it will be delivered on the 6th. I'm trying really hard to wait til then, although I know there's a store not too far from me where I can buy it today! Trying not to buy 3 copies!! Will probably get the vinyl too. My husband thinks I'm nuts!!

Mr Walker
02-04-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm taking an early lunch on Tuesday to pick up the deluxe version... either at Best Buy or Wal Mart. I'll also be calling the Princeton Record Exchange with my fingers crossed that they may have a vinyl version on Tuesday... I'm thinking that will be very unlikely.

Mr Walker
02-04-2012, 09:38 AM
I preordered on itunes and from VHstore - the one from the VH store says it will be delivered on the 6th. I'm trying really hard to wait til then, although I know there's a store not too far from me where I can buy it today! Trying not to buy 3 copies!! Will probably get the vinyl too. My husband thinks I'm nuts!!

If i-tunes offered it in 'Apple Lossless' as opposed to mp3, I would be buying 3 copies as well (digital, CD & vinyl).

They should have also went the Cheap Trick route and released in on 8-track as well. When they asked Rick Nielsen why they did that he said 'no matter how many copies we sell, we're guaranteed to be #1 on the 8-Track Chart"' hahaha.

jasonmint
02-04-2012, 04:31 PM
5 here. 2 from wallyworld(xl &l tshirts) deluxe from amazon and deluxe from iTunes plus vinyl from live nation. What the hell Hope it gets to #1.

GreenEyedMurder
02-04-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm amazed that it didn't leak either due to the level of interest. Regardless, it's all over the place now, but I'm sure everyone knew it would once it was released.

Unfortunately, it has leaked. I set up Google Alerts for VH to my email, and a few links were right there. :nono:

Momshell
02-04-2012, 11:33 PM
ok good - I guess I can assure my husband that I'm not crazy! right?!

minkahed
02-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Unfortunately, it has leaked. I set up Google Alerts for VH to my email, and a few links were right there. :nono:

It has fuckin' leaked ...

Some young prick at work had it burned and was teasin ' everybody he had the new Dave/VH cd.

I told him to get that shit outta here and stop fuckin' up everyone's excitement for Tuesday.

He laughed and said "I was jealous ...You really like this music ? ... " yadda yadda ...

I'd a beat his ass in the old days, but now I got lil kids, ya know ...

bigtrouble77
02-05-2012, 09:23 AM
It has fuckin' leaked ...

Some young prick at work had it burned and was teasin ' everybody he had the new Dave/VH cd.

I told him to get that shit outta here and stop fuckin' up everyone's excitement for Tuesday.

He laughed and said "I was jealous ...You really like this music ? ... " yadda yadda ...

I'd a beat his ass in the old days, but now I got lil kids, ya know ...

Umm, it's not a leak if the album has already been released. The album showed up online the second the German release came out.

minkahed
02-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Umm, it's not a leak if the album has already been released. The album showed up online the second the German release came out.

So, it has been officially released in Germany ?

DavidLeeNatra
02-05-2012, 09:44 AM
So, it has been officially released in Germany ?

an guess who got it FIRST!!!

ELVIS
02-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Hitler ??

DavidLeeNatra
02-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Hitler ??

you jealous little fuck!

ELVIS
02-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Mine's gonna be on special moon rock vinyl...