PDA

View Full Version : ESPN streaming 6 full ADKOT songs

Luke D
02-03-2012, 08:29 PM
For those still eagerly waiting for Tuesday to come, ESPN has a page setup and streaming:

Tattoo
Blood and Fire
As Is
The Trouble With Never
Stay Frosty
Beats Workin

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/music/feature/video/_/page/van-halen/different-kind-truth

kwame k
02-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Damn, I didn't even know ESPN played music.

Weird place to advertise but what the hell!

Nice find, bro:beers8:

sadaist
02-03-2012, 08:46 PM
More evidence that Roth Halen is the biggest American band ever! RESPECT motherfuckers!

It's nice when you realize the magnitude of this band & that we aren't just some weird cult here.

So this is love
02-03-2012, 08:46 PM
For those still eagerly waiting for Tuesday to come, ESPN has a page setup and streaming:

Tattoo
Blood and Fire
As Is
The Trouble With Never
Stay Frosty
Beats Workin

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/music/feature/video/_/page/van-halen/different-kind-truth

BTW fellow canuck, I think Iggy should ask to be traded to a playoff contender....

FORD
02-03-2012, 08:47 PM
ESPN??

Well that lends credibility to the idea that they might be using the album as "bumper music" for the Super Bowl, maybe?

Luke D
02-03-2012, 08:50 PM
BTW fellow canuck, I think Iggy should ask to be traded to a playoff contender....

Haha, he won't. He's too damn proud as our captain. If the Flames are still weak at the end of next season when his contract is up, I hope he considers it.

kwame k
02-03-2012, 08:52 PM
More evidence that Roth Halen is the biggest American band ever! RESPECT motherfuckers!

It's nice when you realize the magnitude of this band & that we aren't just some weird cult here.

Nah, we're still a weird cult;)

Luke D
02-03-2012, 08:55 PM
ESPN??

Well that lends credibility to the idea that they might be using the album as "bumper music" for the Super Bowl, maybe?

Yeah, not too sure. They have a small box on the espn.com homepage linking to that page. Pretty cool that they would setup this little feature page, rock music and sports go together perfectly.

So this is love
02-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Haha, he won't. He's too damn proud as our captain. If the Flames are still weak at the end of next season when his contract is up, I hope he considers it.

I know he won't right now....but in a week or two maybe...shit I know what you mean...I can't just see him go to say Nashville or SJ...

twonabomber
02-03-2012, 09:28 PM
ESPN??

except that the SB is on NBC and not a Disney network. but still a possibility.

sadaist
02-03-2012, 09:35 PM
ESPN??

Damn....would have been the PERFECT year for Van Halen at halftime. 30 hours before new album drops. Dammit.

Panamark
02-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Is it just me or has practically every track been streamed "legit" to US internet users by now.
With audio capture software, you would have most the album by now ?
Of course not in high quality audio, but are there any tracks we havent seen legit now ?
I have the album of course (Oz was lucky) but I reckon with all these full length samples
here and there, over the last few weeks, what havent you heard ?
No complaints, good marketing, I want this album on everything, itunes, Cd, Vinyl,
Bonus DVD, Im there ! What tracks havent you guys heard in full ?

twonabomber
02-03-2012, 10:41 PM
i came home from work today and found a padded envelope in the mailbox...misdirected mail, should have gone to some Andrew guy from Tasmania, i guess that he runs some crappy website. anyways, inside was an advance copy of ADKOT.

there was a hand-written note inside, too, said "Andrew - enjoy!" and signed "Jimmy Iovine." :D

Panamark
02-03-2012, 10:56 PM
i came home from work today and found a padded envelope in the mailbox...misdirected mail, should have gone to some Andrew guy from Tasmania, i guess that he runs some crappy website. anyways, inside was an advance copy of ADKOT.

there was a hand-written note inside, too, said "Andrew - enjoy!" and signed "Jimmy Iovine." :D

LOL !

Well enjoy your advance copy twona ! :)

Floridaman1985
02-04-2012, 12:58 AM
Hell yeah! I can't wait for Tuesday. First new VH album during my lifetime!

sadaist
02-04-2012, 01:54 AM
God damn! 'As Is' is just beyond smoking. It kicked my ass non-stop. Geezus how the fuck does Alex keep that pace up? And Eddie? WTF? Possessed in this song. Dave is in rare form & just diamond status. Wow.....just WOW!

SNIPER
02-04-2012, 02:07 AM
That clean part just comes out of nowhere too. KILLER!!

gbranton
02-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Hell yeah! I can't wait for Tuesday. First new VH album during my lifetime!

I'd really appreciate it if you don't remind me how old I am.

And GO GATORS!!!

Whorehey
02-04-2012, 03:27 AM

Was there an invite to the Henson Studios party in there also?

Floridaman1985
02-04-2012, 05:58 AM
i'd really appreciate it if you don't remind me how old i am.

And go gators!!!

Go Gators!!!

chi-town324
02-04-2012, 07:16 AM
ESPN has to have their hands on everything....

if6was9
02-04-2012, 08:12 AM
For those still eagerly waiting for Tuesday to come, ESPN has a page setup and streaming

God bless you, son :)

SunisinuS
02-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah, not too sure. They have a small box on the espn.com homepage linking to that page. Pretty cool that they would setup this little feature page, rock music and sports go together perfectly.

Anyone click on the "are you 'Tattooed'" link yet?

If you have a tattoo that relates to sports in any way (teams, towns, favorite type of hockey stick, etc.), you are ready to win a slam dunk, all-expenses-paid vacation to a Van Halen concert and a world-class, all-pro meet and greet with Diamond Dave! Insignias, logos, trademarks, slogans, mottos, bad jokes (just kidding … well, maybe not), faces and places that remember the name, honor the game and bring the memories are welcome! We're looking for every crazy, sexy, cool sports tattoo out there. Ladies, that especially means you.

Just send a picture of your tattoo via Twitter to the hashtag #VanHalenESPN between now and March 2. Scroll down to see the tattoos.

on the other link:

SportsNation Rankings

1.Van Halen

3.Fair Warning

4.Van Halen II

5.Women And Children First

6.Diver Down

#1 Votes

Your Rankings

1.Fair Warning

2.Van Halen II

3.Van Halen

4.Women And Children First

5.Diver Down

sadaist
02-04-2012, 02:42 PM
That clean part just comes out of nowhere too. KILLER!!

Fuck man. When it hits that part I must admit....I've replayed that 15 seconds over & over. If it were a cassette, I would have worn down that stretch of tape already.

SunisinuS
02-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Rockin' with Van Halen
EmailPrint
By 710 ESPN
Archive

Text ROCK to 40705 (message and data rates may apply) to win tickets courtesy of 710 ESPN and Live Nation to see Van Halen on June 1 at the Staples Center! Reply HELP to 40705 for more information. Reply STOP to 40705 to opt out.

Watch rock legends Van Halen as they tour with special guests - Kool & the Gang! Tickets go on sale Saturday, January 28 at 10 am but exclusively, for our 710 listeners, log on to Live Nation on Friday, January 27 for presale tickets with the password, SINGER.

For more tour information, check out Van Halen.com, LiveNation.com and Ticketmaster.com.

David Lee Rocks
02-04-2012, 07:29 PM

I wouldnt go that far as to say that, we may BE a cult! LOL

Vinnie Velvet
02-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Perfect time to run a ad for ADKOT during the Super Bowl.

You never know.

chefcraig
02-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Perfect time to run a ad for ADKOT during the Super Bowl.

You never know.

Yup, then follow it up by playing the damned halftime show next year. I mean seriously, look at the past few years: What's left of The Who performing CSI tv themes? The Black Eyed Peas? Madonna? Yech.
:puking-smiley:

Sensible Shoes
02-05-2012, 04:42 PM
I wouldnt go that far as to say that, we may BE a cult! LOL

Hmmmm. I drink koolaid.

SunisinuS
02-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Hmmmm. I drink koolaid.

Shoes you just keep coming up with kewl avatars..... TankS!

:hail:

Bob_R
02-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Yup, then follow it up by playing the damned halftime show next year. I mean seriously, look at the past few years: What's left of The Who performing CSI tv themes? The Black Eyed Peas? Madonna? Yech.
:puking-smiley:

I would fuck Madonna

wood you?

SunisinuS
02-05-2012, 11:43 PM
I would fuck Madonna

wood you?

You Fucking bet. Best ass in a coon's age. Rest of the people liked her for her tits.....but damn sweet stop for the get up sticks.

:baby:

Bob_R
02-05-2012, 11:46 PM
I would fuck her like there's no tomorrow

Vinnie Velvet
02-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Well, I guess there was no ad for ADKOT during the Super Bowl.

chefcraig
02-06-2012, 01:17 PM
I would fuck Madonna

wood you?

I think the artist (who may or may not be currently) named Prince summed it up best in "Little Red Corvette"...

I guess I should've closed my eyes
When you drove me to the place where your horses run free
'Cause I felt a little ill when I saw all the pictures
Of the jockeys that were there before me

Angel
02-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Rockin' with Van Halen
EmailPrint
By 710 ESPN
Archive

Text ROCK to 40705 (message and data rates may apply) to win tickets courtesy of 710 ESPN and Live Nation to see Van Halen on June 1 at the Staples Center! Reply HELP to 40705 for more information. Reply STOP to 40705 to opt out.

Watch rock legends Van Halen as they tour with special guests - Kool & the Gang! Tickets go on sale Saturday, January 28 at 10 am but exclusively, for our 710 listeners, log on to Live Nation on Friday, January 27 for presale tickets with the password, SINGER.

For more tour information, check out Van Halen.com, LiveNation.com and Ticketmaster.com.Sure, get everyone to sign up for a mobile service... then when they complain about the charges on their cell bills, I have to field the calls! Good thing I've spent all the years here so that I could get de-sensitized to the word CUNT! Seriously though, those text services can really add a bundle to the old phone bill.

chefcraig
02-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Sure, get everyone to sign up for a mobile service... then when they complain about the charges on their cell bills, I have to field the calls! Good thing I've spent all the years here so that I could get de-sensitized to the word CUNT! Seriously though, those text services can really add a bundle to the old phone bill.

You are not kidding, as they are invasive as hell and come up in unsuspected ways. There recently was a deal on Faced-book for some sort of "coupon service" for KFC and other food chains one could get by submitting a few bits of your personal info to. Next thing you know, you get whacked with all sorts of odd "charges" to your cell phone bill.

BY ALL MEANS, STAY THE FUCK AWAY. If something sounds too good to be true, it generally IS.

Bob_R
02-06-2012, 03:22 PM
I think the artist (who may or may not be currently) named Prince summed it up best in "Little Red Corvette"...

I guess I should've closed my eyes
When you drove me to the place where your horses run free
'Cause I felt a little ill when I saw all the pictures
Of the jockeys that were there before me

I'll take that as a NO ;)

Sensible Shoes
02-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Shoes you just keep coming up with kewl avatars..... TankS!

:hail:You're welcome. Some people don't agree.