PDA

View Full Version : DLR interview - Australia

VHscraps
02-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Just found this - funny stuff about training dogs and scaring sheep ...

Sounds like our man might have some kind of biz training dogs !

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/inteview-with-van-halens-david-lee-roth/story-e6frfn09-1226266040365 (http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/inteview-with-van-halens-david-lee-roth/story-e6frfn09-1226266040365)

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Good interview...

The way Dave tells it though, sounds like it may be curtains forever after the tour...

:elvis:

Mr Walker
02-08-2012, 10:28 AM
"Except for Wolfie, he had a Super Soaker ..." made me chuckle :biggrin:

mohican
02-08-2012, 11:02 AM
He's got a dog named "Mike"!
"canine athletes" - cool job title. My friend is a "budtender" and he actually put that on official forms.

jhale667
02-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Good interview...

The way Dave tells it though, sounds like it may be curtains forever after the tour...

Not the indication we were given from those in the know the other night, but with this band, who knows...enjoy it while it lasts...

riggodrill44
02-08-2012, 11:18 AM
It's like watching Dragnet on your iPad.

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Not the indication we were given from those in the know the other night, but with this band, who knows...enjoy it while it lasts...

I wasn't given that indication at the Mississippi Coast Colosseum in 1984 either...

I'm saying enjoy it while it lasts as well...

MUSICMANN
02-08-2012, 11:39 AM
I wasn't given that indication at the Mississippi Coast Colosseum in 1984 either...

I'm saying enjoy it while it lasts as well...

I think it was just a safe answer. Let's remember, these guys doing what they do now, is not about the money, not about being popular and not about being huge big rock stars, been there done that. I think if the same question would have been asked to Dave at any time in those early days, the ego/rock star would have given a answer more in line with VH taking over the world and how he just fucked your sister. This is a almost 60 yr old Dave, as well as Ed and AL, who knows that anything past this tour is an unknown. Also, let's remember, Dave is a master promoter. He knows that what they have done with this album is really special and when you have something like that, you leave things for the fans sorta mysterious and always wanting more.

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 11:51 AM
I somewhat agree...

But as Janice said:

Get it while you can !!

Sensible Shoes
02-08-2012, 01:17 PM
I LOVE the dog portion of this interview. (Big surprise). It's much more likely to be an intense hobby than it is a business. I understand that completely and still want to do the dog interview with him.

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Who's gonna play the dog ??

Roth & Roll
02-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Good interview...

I got that sense as well. I also got the impression that they're not getting along as great as everyone wants to believe.

Either way, if we've learned anything from this band, it's to just enjoy the moment - and right now, we have a brand-spanking new, kick-ass Van HALEN album for the first time in 28 years, and a tour to look forward to.

Enjoy the moment, folks - we've waited an awfully long time for it.

vandeleur
02-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Ok i get were some of you have a bit of a nervousness about that interview ...I see it like this .
They seem to be getting on but dave would see it better than us ... I think they all have matured that little bit ... ed and al know were the magic is they gottta dig a lotta coal before you get diamond . But hey i bet dave is hard to be around for any length of time ... fuck he is 10000000000000000000000000000% on all the time . that would be exhausting .
We all get that wolfie is now the glue that keeps this crazy cartoon fist fight of dust ,arms and legs together .
But maybe dave is playing it down with the how long this lasts ... maybe he doesnt wanna let any one down with expectations or get burned again and maybe he get more than any of us this will last as long as it will last ..
But if thats the case ....................Fuck you just know dave is gonna give you lucky motherhuggers a fucking show and half .......
And as i say every morning after the drink ...
This one is the last one till the next one !!!!!!

:gulp:

Sensible Shoes
02-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Who's gonna play the dog ??

The dog obviously. :Loser:

if6was9
02-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Yes, Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang is on bass now. What's it like being in a band with a 20-year-old?

I'm starting to be impressed by the kid. I didn't want to be. He can play the s--- out of that thing. He's bringing it.

Am I overinterpreting it, or Dave has just confirmed that Wolf is a terrific bassist? If it's really him playing bass on the album, then he's waaaaay better than Mike ever was. I used to play bass so I always listen to the bass line in the first place. Bass is an instrument that requires some adulthood. Wolf is only 20 and he already "has it". It must be something in his genes.

BTW (1), I'm still complaining about the bass line in "Tattoo", which is not impressive.
BTW (2), I think we owe some acknowledgment to Valerie -- for this reunieon and for the album. Without her permission Wolf wouldn't have joined the band in 2007.

Angel
02-08-2012, 05:40 PM
I think not only did he confirm it, but he's given the fans permission to accept Wolf. Don't forget...he sees us...internet...

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Dave is not on the internet...

CDABOAT1
02-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Here's my take.... Somewhat of a downer to read the last paragraph in the article when thinking about the 07 press conference and Dave's "new band, brotherhood like it never was, take on the world" vibe. However, what person can guarantee anything beyond the horizon? We do know this, however.... If VH is to continue past ADKOT and the tour...... the options are slim to none for the band without Dave's involvement. The real question here is where's eddie's mind on all of this? Does he care to continue or is ADKOT his swan song as he endeavors onto solo and experimental projects with Wolf

I really hope this thing continues...but do need to enjoy day by day.

bantonelli
02-08-2012, 08:32 PM
He's got a dog named "Mike"!
"canine athletes" - cool job title. My friend is a "budtender" and he actually put that on official forms.

Hmmm? According to an article from the LA Times this past weekend, Dave's canine companion is Russell (Lee Roth). ?

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 08:40 PM
He has two dogs...

Hardrock69
02-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Here is the interesting thing.....

In life we are all mirrors, reflecting those people who are around us. In a band, you are looking at a collaboration.....mirrors all reflecting one another....some of them warped like a funhouse...some of them cracked.....some of them full length..some of them like the little piece in a lady's compact while she puts her lipstick on.....

SO....the relevance is that yes, Wolfy is a badass bassist, but look who the other half of the rhythm section is....Uncle Alex.....christ...if I grew up playing bass with Alex Van Halen I would be a badass fucking bassist too.....and of course....the genetic pool...the apple does not fall far from the tree as they say.....

I am looking forward to seeing Wolfy on this tour.....I mean, I did not even see the last tour....and the bootleg video I was seeing was of a 16-year-old kid suddenly thrust into the limelight playing bass for the greatest rock band on Earth. Bet it took him awhile to get comfy in those oversized public shoes.....

Look at him now. He has had 5 more years to play.....and as all us musicians know....live performance will reap the greatest improvement in functional musicianship....because there is no "second take". You get out there and do your Al Jolson routine, and there is no turning back......so I would be willing to be the improvement of Wolfy's performance was drastic from the beginning of the 2007-2008 tour to the end....and it has been almost 4 years since the end of the tour.....

He has earned his place...paid his dues.....anyone who questions his ability now is an inbred retard dog-fucker without a clue.

Once again, in this interview....Dave has shown why he has such a great reputation with the turn of a phrase......