X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHscraps
    Veteran
    • Jul 2009

DLR interview - Australia

Just found this - funny stuff about training dogs and scaring sheep ...

Sounds like our man might have some kind of biz training dogs !

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/inteview-with-van-halens-david-lee-roth/story-e6frfn09-1226266040365
    THINK LIKE THE WAVES
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Good interview...

The way Dave tells it though, sounds like it may be curtains forever after the tour...

Comment

• Mr Walker
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

"Except for Wolfie, he had a Super Soaker ..." made me chuckle

Comment

• mohican
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2011

He's got a dog named "Mike"!
        "canine athletes" - cool job title. My friend is a "budtender" and he actually put that on official forms.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Good interview...

The way Dave tells it though, sounds like it may be curtains forever after the tour...

Not the indication we were given from those in the know the other night, but with this band, who knows...enjoy it while it lasts...
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• riggodrill44
            Roadie
            • Nov 2004

It's like watching Dragnet on your iPad.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
              Not the indication we were given from those in the know the other night, but with this band, who knows...enjoy it while it lasts...
              I wasn't given that indication at the Mississippi Coast Colosseum in 1984 either...

I'm saying enjoy it while it lasts as well...

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                Sniper
                • Apr 2004

I wasn't given that indication at the Mississippi Coast Colosseum in 1984 either...

I'm saying enjoy it while it lasts as well...

I think it was just a safe answer. Let's remember, these guys doing what they do now, is not about the money, not about being popular and not about being huge big rock stars, been there done that. I think if the same question would have been asked to Dave at any time in those early days, the ego/rock star would have given a answer more in line with VH taking over the world and how he just fucked your sister. This is a almost 60 yr old Dave, as well as Ed and AL, who knows that anything past this tour is an unknown. Also, let's remember, Dave is a master promoter. He knows that what they have done with this album is really special and when you have something like that, you leave things for the fans sorta mysterious and always wanting more.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

I somewhat agree...

But as Janice said:

Get it while you can !!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I LOVE the dog portion of this interview. (Big surprise). It's much more likely to be an intense hobby than it is a business. I understand that completely and still want to do the dog interview with him.

Oh dear.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Who's gonna play the dog ??

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Feb 2004

Good interview...

I got that sense as well. I also got the impression that they're not getting along as great as everyone wants to believe.

Either way, if we've learned anything from this band, it's to just enjoy the moment - and right now, we have a brand-spanking new, kick-ass Van HALEN album for the first time in 28 years, and a tour to look forward to.

Enjoy the moment, folks - we've waited an awfully long time for it.
                        http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Ok i get were some of you have a bit of a nervousness about that interview ...I see it like this .
                          They seem to be getting on but dave would see it better than us ... I think they all have matured that little bit ... ed and al know were the magic is they gottta dig a lotta coal before you get diamond . But hey i bet dave is hard to be around for any length of time ... fuck he is 10000000000000000000000000000% on all the time . that would be exhausting .
                          We all get that wolfie is now the glue that keeps this crazy cartoon fist fight of dust ,arms and legs together .
                          But maybe dave is playing it down with the how long this lasts ... maybe he doesnt wanna let any one down with expectations or get burned again and maybe he get more than any of us this will last as long as it will last ..
                          But if thats the case ....................Fuck you just know dave is gonna give you lucky motherhuggers a fucking show and half .......
                          And as i say every morning after the drink ...
                          This one is the last one till the next one !!!!!!

fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Who's gonna play the dog ??
                            The dog obviously.

Oh dear.

Comment

• if6was9
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Mar 2007

Yes, Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang is on bass now. What's it like being in a band with a 20-year-old?

I'm starting to be impressed by the kid. I didn't want to be. He can play the s--- out of that thing. He's bringing it.
                              Am I overinterpreting it, or Dave has just confirmed that Wolf is a terrific bassist? If it's really him playing bass on the album, then he's waaaaay better than Mike ever was. I used to play bass so I always listen to the bass line in the first place. Bass is an instrument that requires some adulthood. Wolf is only 20 and he already "has it". It must be something in his genes.

BTW (1), I'm still complaining about the bass line in "Tattoo", which is not impressive.
                              BTW (2), I think we owe some acknowledgment to Valerie -- for this reunieon and for the album. Without her permission Wolf wouldn't have joined the band in 2007.
                              Last edited by if6was9; 02-08-2012, 06:28 PM. Reason: typo
                              Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

Working...