PDA

View Full Version : The VH Guys Are "Friendly & Whatnot"!?!

Sweet Irony
02-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Anyone worried about the tensions inside Van Halen might have their fears eased by this -- a new interview with the three founders of the band. Not just any chat -- it's David Lee Roth interviewing Eddie and Alex Van Halen about their music, family and influences, and everyone's having a marvelous time. The last reunion tour was pretty hot even though the relationships seemed contentious; if this video is any indication, the chemistry might kick up a notch or two this time around. The new album, "A Different Kind of Truth," is out today. See the MSN Music review of the disc.

And it's not just MSN that likes the new music - "A Different Kind of Truth" is getting uniformly rave reviews across the country. The band reached back to some demos that pre-dated its first album in the '70s, updated them and mixed them in with newer material. Even the most skeptical fans went from "This can't possibly work" to "Hey, this is pretty good." It's a return to the crunching, riff-driven rock the band started out with, coupled with Diamond Dave's wailing vocals and swagger to spare.

The band's tour, its first since 2007-2008, will start in Louisville on Feb. 18 and is already sold out in most cities across the nation. After announcing the show at a somewhat-rough "secret" gig at Cafe Wha? in New York City, the band held another private show last week in Los Angeles that smoked. The last tour was a good start. But if the members can show the same easy camaraderie, respect and chemistry evident in that show and the intimate interview linked above, this could be the true rebirth of the Van Halen legacy.

Predictably, ousted VH singer Sammy Hagar is unimpressed.

Sweet Irony
02-08-2012, 06:36 PM
I kinda thought you guys would especially appreciate the last line......:D

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Drugs are bad m'kay...

Sweet Irony
02-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Damn, cant attach the pic...

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Red X's are bad m'kay...

Sweet Irony
02-08-2012, 06:41 PM
well, m'kay...sure..

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 06:44 PM
What are you posting this for anyway ??

This is an article basically summing up about 40% of what we already know...

:biggrin:

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Ironic, isn't it ??

ThrillsNSpills
02-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the dump

I guess you all know why this is here.

My name is bad thread and I typed it after beer.

If you want to land it here, it's got to make no sense

So strap on the feed bag, type up the bullshit

we know it'll hit the dump.

ba ba ba bump bump

(Tommy was on CoolTV recently)

ThrillsNSpills
02-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Sweet Irony rocks. no dissin here.

Jay's probably driving now, no?

If the band doesn't break up, they'll stay together.
oopeedoopee we have fun. :hitch:

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 07:13 PM
LMAO!!

Just messin' with ya sweet...

Sweet Irony
02-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Well, hey....I enjoyed the article...and its hard to get in under the wire with anything around here! I did think that the last line would invite some funny responses...
All is good....delete or move the thread..and YES Jay is driving!! (And going to the Boston show!)

ELVIS
02-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Kool...

:elvis: