PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the Kendo Sticks?

So this is love
02-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Kendo sticks comes with Headsets...

Vinnie Velvet
02-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I like them.

But Eddie needs to play the keyboards while Dave does the sword routine.

Ah shit, wouldn't that qualitfy as playing a Van Hagar tune??? :D

vandeleur
02-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Eddie ... Keyboard ... Shudder

Jagermeister
02-09-2012, 02:43 PM
I was at the army surplus store the other day and some guy came in with one. Asked the dude behind the counter what it was. Dude called it some kind of cane. I just shook my head and went on about my bussiness.

Nigel
02-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Sure I do. Dave knows how to use them, but unfortunately he's not doing a great job in the new EWS performance.

Dave is great, but to be honest, the last tour with his "motorcycle revving" was inventive. In 1984, he swung those swords around mighty fine.

From last nights performance, it looks like he's just "going thru the motions". I hope to Christ I'm wrong because I've just invested $500 for tickets.

At least he's lost the gay sailor Sgt.Peppers outfit. Don't blast me. The albums fantasmagorial, I wish I could Art Direct what songs they play LIVE and what order and try to make this tour even more interesting than the last.

Nitro Express
02-09-2012, 03:06 PM
I would rather spend the money at my favorite restaurant. To be honest I had no intentions seeing this tour because I found the last one lacking. I like the new album but these guys are just getting too old to pull off a good live show anymore.

Nigel
02-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Nitro, glad you said that rather than me. It's sad because we're all ardent fans. No one is smiling anymore (just like the Spammy tours).

They have the talent to really do some artistic justice i.e. "Gimme some jungle lighting" tease us into EWS, play 9 tracks from the new album.

Drop Jump, add in "others", but art direct the show!!! Springsteen, Sting and most others know what I'm talking about.

I hate to bitch, but these guys should give everyone a free CD/DVD just for going to the show.

Give some of that $93 million back to the fans.

Whew, I feel better now.

Nitro Express
02-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Did we ever go to a Van Halen show to see David Lee Roth? Maybe some of the women did but I went to see Eddie and guess who's side of the stage I always made a mad dash for? The microphone stand on stage left was the pin I was shooting for. I think Dave needs to put his toys away and just concentrate on delivering the goods. Maybe I liked the Cafe Wha? show better because Dave had to downsize and just deliver. He could have cut his raps shorter but he was doing great that night. His strongest point now is writing lyrics. I'm not expecting to see the man jump and kick like he was 20 but I think he just needs to get a Sure 58, cut the gimmicks and just deliver the shit out of each song. Frankly, I could do without the solos too. Just rip one during a song. Play the songs people and play them well and dump the other shit.

ZahZoo
02-09-2012, 05:52 PM
I think the martial arts thing is played out with Dave... First few times it was cool... now it's whatever, time for a Chuck Norris move... yawn.

Sensible Shoes
02-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Did we ever go to a Van Halen show to see David Lee Roth? Maybe some of the women did but I went to see Eddie .

Yeah I think you're right. I didn't go to anything before 2007 but I was more interested in Dave than Eddie.

Zing!
02-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Maybe Dave should karate chop a cinder block in two for his solo.

clarathecarrot
02-09-2012, 06:01 PM
This thread so far is the Van halen appreciation thread for Comrade Ivan and the Art up Vanh Halenski crowd . Oh yes edward.. some gey pooponski perhaps...it's so sofisticated..like me new man purse..oh isn't it just the latest...

Left out commies who want to control the band..MAN!

FREEDOM!!!!

clarathecarrot
02-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Burn this mother fukker down!

clarathecarrot
02-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Don't try and put a dust ruffle on this band you, HOMOS!

Yount
02-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Good advice Nitro and Nigel. But I'm a mad starving Aussie and I'll probably bend over and pay big to go to a show (even if it ain't like the good ol' days.) But I'm telling you the album matters most. I've already been to 20 imaginary concerts and they only played the current tunes, note-for-note perfect. Got in free too! Then I got to go backstage and see a few acoustic numbers. Cool shit!

clarathecarrot
02-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Springsteen and Sting ..? You talking bout the two guys who get behind and cause..?

More like Springsteen and Sting....FIND A CAUSE!!

Get you ass back to Red Rocker twitskie.

Zing!
02-09-2012, 06:09 PM
This thread so far is the Van halen appreciation thread for Comrade Ivan and the Art up Vanh Halenski crowd . Oh yes edward.. some gey pooponski perhaps...it's so sofisticated..like me new man purse..oh isn't it just the latest...

Left out commies who want to control the band..MAN!

FREEDOM!!!!

I'm sorry. I don't speak crazy.

Nigel
02-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Vegetable would definitely be the operable word.
Getting back to the meat drawer; I was saying that Dave should put the "flair" back into his martial arts moves, "like he means it"

The audience (including some newcomers) would appreciate that he has the chops without having to leap off drum risers.

clarathecarrot
02-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Vegetable would definitely be the operable word.
Getting back to the meat drawer; I was saying that Dave should put the "flair" back into his martial arts moves, "like he means it"

The audience (including some newcomers) would appreciate that he has the chops without having to leap off drum risers.

Flair..?

Like the "ninja flair" in that Charlies Angels movie, I assume..?

clarathecarrot
02-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Greasy salesman sais..yes folks my research sais.. Van Halen needs a cause...

Dave sais..uhh what...

Sales snake sais...yeah Dave like Springsteen and Sting...something to get the pity vote from the needy crowd...untouched demographic....numbers dave, it's in the numbers..we find something wrong then get behind it like we invented the idea of fixing what is wrong with something..people love it..

Dave sais.... I like the carrots idea better let's burn this MOTHER FUKKER DOWN!!!

diamondclaudio
02-09-2012, 07:12 PM
I ´m really sure that Dave must do a couple of kick jumps or rounhouse kicks on every show, and a couple of split jums during two or three arenas, in order to film an official video of this tour. C`mon. some puntual aerials won´t kill the man. With that done they can retire better than anybody else since Al Jolson.

chi-town324
02-09-2012, 07:24 PM
whatever Dave comes up with will entertain the crowd...thats what he does...

Yount
02-10-2012, 06:18 AM
In Everybody Wants Some, Dave leans forward towards Ed with those sticks then rocks from side to side getting quite low to the ground. For a guy my Dad's age, that's pretty cool. Hell yeah, those kendo sticks are awesome!

It appears as though Dave has lost some mobility in his back and hips, but his upper body is very defined and sharp. He's not the old Dave. That's the toughest thing for me to accept sometimes, 'cause man was he untouchable in terms of flexibility and strength and coordination back in the hey day. And hey! I've accepted it. I like the way he plays to his strengths though. He's smart.

Panamark
02-10-2012, 06:40 AM
My Dream first, was always a killer follow up to 1984.

Dream Granted.

Second, Van Halen (with Dave in Oz)

Dont let the Cherone version be the only one they did on our shores :mad:

Even if they sit down, I'm there... lol......

Yount
02-10-2012, 07:43 AM
Puts you in touch with your own mortality watching VH don't you think?

You can feel that sense of urgency.

Dan
02-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Do You Like This Thread,NO.So Fuck Off.:D

So this is love
02-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Puts you in touch with your own mortality watching VH don't you think?

You can feel that sense of urgency.<

Couldn`t agree more...God I`m gonna be ugly when I`m 56... btw I just finished watching the Downtown session and its great!!!!!!!

sadaist
02-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Eddie ... Keyboard ... Shudder

Eddie could play a Toys R Us plastic xylophone and as long as Dave were humming along to it....somehow....someway....would be magic.

Mrkramer
02-12-2012, 05:13 AM
My Dream first, was always a killer follow up to 1984.

Dream Granted.

Second, Van Halen (with Dave in Oz)

Dont let the Cherone version be the only one they did on our shores :mad:

Even if they sit down, I'm there... lol......

Fucking second that!!!

mug
02-27-2012, 12:08 AM
What happened to them i don't see them in vids or at the chicago show. I know why on that one. He needs to do it every show.

Golden AWe
02-27-2012, 03:01 AM
Only problem with the kendo stick I have is that he hasn't stuffed them up the Spambo's arse.

Coyote
02-27-2012, 05:01 AM
What about nunchucks?