PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Guitar Player what`s the song you dig in ADKOT???

So this is love
02-10-2012, 07:44 PM
EVH brought me to guitar back in the `80s and for me on this album Honybabysweetiedoll is my prefered song right now, I have many others like TTWN and BR. Is it christmas already...

VAiN
02-10-2012, 07:47 PM
The solos on all of them... they're jaw dropping. Ed is back with a fire that I haven't heard - pretty much ever.. or at least on record. His leads smoke VH I to me.. just sick, sick playing. Like you, I can't get enough of Honeybabysweetiebabydoll - that song is KILLER through headphones!

So this is love
02-10-2012, 07:52 PM
The solos on all of them... they're jaw dropping. Ed is back with a fire that I haven't heard - pretty much ever.. or at least on record. His leads smoke VH I to me.. just sick, sick playing. Like you, I can't get enough of Honeybabysweetiebabydoll - that song is KILLER through headphones!

His sound is great on this album its like 2012 version of VH II I find...Tell me am I crazy or I am the only one hearing ace of spades in as is at the end??????????

evil_lil
02-11-2012, 01:42 PM
+1 on Honeybabysweetiedoll. That is my current fave but the whole album is so full of killer shit every listen is like Christmas. It's soooooo far beyond what I expected from him that I can't stop geeking out on it.

ELVIS
02-11-2012, 01:48 PM
As Is

:elvis:

tjvhou812
02-11-2012, 01:56 PM
this aint a guitar album where you can just pick one solo that stands out,
this whole album is a guitar album, and some of eddies best work since fair warnig

ZahZoo
02-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Stay Frosty has my inner guitar player all worked up!!

guwapo_rocker
02-11-2012, 03:59 PM
All of 'em.

ODShowtime
02-13-2012, 08:33 PM
In terms of innovative guitar playing, not much is jumping out to me after 4 days. But the playing is so solid and tasty and nasty at times... Great guitar record but I never had to pick my jaw up off the floor. Good use of effects but again nothing revolutionary.

Maybe there's stuff that's so far out that I haven't even comprehended it yet. Somewhere in the middle there are some sick leads. They'll get stuck in my head in the next week or so. Man I haven't digested an album like this in awhile. It's fuckin' great.

The riffs on the other hand? They are just nasty! At least a dozen great riffs although some are older than me. This record is a triumphant return to the good ol' days of riff-driven rock and roll which too many people have forgotten about lately.