PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen Vs. Adele For No. 1

Pages : [1] 2

Seshmeister
02-11-2012, 07:51 AM
http://www.billboard.com/news/van-halen-vs-adele-for-no-1-next-week-on-1006135552.story#/news/van-halen-vs-adele-for-no-1-next-week-on-1006135552.story

http://www.billboard.com/photos/stylus/1454679-potw-david-lee-roth-van-halen-617-409.jpg

Van Halen Vs. Adele For No. 1 Next Week on Billboard 200

Van Halen might be on its way to a sixth career No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart -- unless Adele's "21" stands in the veteran band's way.

Industry sources suggest that Van Halen's "A Different Kind of Truth" may sell about 180,000 to 200,000 copies by the end of the tracking week on Sunday, Feb. 12. Under normal circumstances, that would be enough for the recently-signed Interscope act to bump Queen Adele from the top slot.

However, this isn't a normal week. The 54th Grammy Awards take place on Feb. 12, at 8-11:30 PM on CBS -- where Adele is scheduled to perform. The artist is nominated for six Grammys this year, and the performance will mark her first since undergoing surgery last year on her vocal chords. Further, Adele will sit down with Anderson Cooper for an interview on CBS' "60 Minutes" immediately before the Grammys.

It's certainly possible that whatever buzz is generated by Adele on Grammy night -- the final day of the tracking week for next week's Billboard 200 -- could engineer a big gain in sales for "21." This past week, the set shifted 122,000 (up 5% according to Nielsen SoundScan) in its 19th nonconsecutive week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200.

If Van Halen does reach No. 1, it will be the band's first chart-topping studio set with reunited frontman David Lee Roth. The latter departed the group in 1985, a year after its "1984" album was released. "1984" spent five weeks at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 -- the band's highest charting set with Roth. (He would later return to the fold, temporarily, to record two new songs for 1996's "Best Of Volume 1" hits album. That set debuted at No. 1 with 233,000 sold in its first week.)

Van Halen's other four other No. 1s were their four studio albums with Roth's replacement, Sammy Hagar: "5150" (1986), "OU812" (1988), "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" (1991) and "Balance" (1995).

Other albums on course for big debuts next week include the "Now 41" compilation, the Fray's "Scars and Stories," Paul McCartney's "Kisses on the Bottom" and Dierks Bentley's "Home." The "Now 41" set may move around 110,000 while the Fray could sell around 100,000 copies. McCartney is aiming for a start near 70,000 and Bentley is bound for perhaps 60,000.

The new Billboard 200 chart's top 10 will be revealed on the morning of Wednesday, Feb. 15.

Seshmeister
02-11-2012, 07:53 AM
I've honestly never even heard of Adele...

Panamark
02-11-2012, 08:01 AM
What is an adele ? No matter what happens they did it, and deserve
all accolades....

ashstralia
02-11-2012, 08:08 AM
she's played here often on the commercial radio. she's like what amy would've sounded like post rehab #5 and a few cheeseburgers. (had she lived, of course). whiney chav.

Mr Walker
02-11-2012, 08:18 AM
I've listened to 21 a few times back in the summer... it's alright.

neuralfraud
02-11-2012, 08:18 AM
What exactly is a vocal chord ?? is that anything like a vocal cord? geez!

I don't like Adele's voice it's like a sick version of that crazy bitch lady gaga.. and she dont exactly sound great to me.

Hear that shit at the bowling alley like 4 times a night.. its annoying now.

VH TO #1!

Glitter Tot
02-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Honestly not bothered about who gets to #1. I don't care what car manufacturer sells the most cars or which soft drink company sells the most cans. I never chase up the box office tally for movies that I like either. That's the world of commerce and finance. Not my world. So why pay attention to the US Billboad charts? Doesn't mean a thing to me when Justin Bieber is sitting on top of it, why care now just because Van Halen have a shot at it?

OK, OK.... It'll be nice for the band to have a number one record with Roth, with this being their big comeback and all. I get it. But in anticipation of a big "oh my god god let this album sell more than everyone else, pleeeeeez" thread, I would like to remind people that, from a fans perspective at least, rock'n'roll is about rocking out. Just enjoy the music and leave the commerce side to the corporate executives.

Whatever happens, the band will be wallpapering their 50 room mansions with the cash they make from the album and tour.

bru87tr
02-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Go ROth/VH!!!

Come on Roth fans, buy some extra copies of ADKOT and give them to friends. I would love to see Adele get bumped. Good timing for her to take #1 but if this truly is an army, show it!!!

I think it is a big deal and great buzz and news if VH did take the #1 over her. If they did, it would create more sales for the new VH album. I bought it from Itunes and I bought the regular cd and deluxe version. I alone bought 3 copies and will probably buy the Vinyl.

Go buy more!!!

BITEYOASS
02-11-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm getting really tired of Adele. For =VH= to be #1 would be poetic justice, because I'm tired of hearing this chick bitch about her ex in numerous songs.

vandeleur
02-11-2012, 09:15 AM
I want it to go no1 so dave can say he got a number 1 with his band

Mr Walker
02-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Isn't it funny that we live in the age where 200,000 copies is a major achievement.
If this was 1985-86... 200,000 copies would be an embarrassment.

Hummarstra
02-11-2012, 10:19 AM
So....is there a chance ADKOT can go platinum???

vandeleur
02-11-2012, 10:25 AM

we all seem to be buying multiple copies it might go platinum just on roth army sales alone lol

Nickdfresh
02-11-2012, 10:35 AM
I've listened to 21 a few times back in the summer... it's alright.

She has a good voice, there's no question about that. But her stuff is sappy spurned-chick stuff that resonates with the 18-60 female demographic...

she's played here often on the commercial radio. she's like what amy would've sounded like post rehab #5 and a few cheeseburgers. (had she lived, of course). whiney chav.

Whinehouse had much more of an edge to her, Adele is the much safer, middle-of-the-road pap more like that female artist that was all the rage at country clubs and boring, yuppie events a few years back...

Nickdfresh
02-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Isn't it funny that we live in the age where 200,000 copies is a major achievement.

In less that a week? I doubt that!

guwapo_rocker
02-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Sure hope the peeps that got it from a torrent followed up and PURCHASED a copy or three!!:umm:

vandeleur
02-11-2012, 10:45 AM

I work nightshift and she is on nearly every station all night long and the people on shift lap it up ... i call it suicide fm ...she just wines on and on and on ..... she appeals to the ....actually fuck knows who she appeals to .

TJMKID
02-11-2012, 11:05 AM
I work nightshift and she is on nearly every station all night long and the people on shift lap it up ... i call it suicide fm ...she just wines on and on and on ..... she appeals to the ....actually fuck knows who she appeals to .

Adele and Van Hagar appeals to the same demographic ----- fat & frumpy soccer Moms who think popping out a few puppies is a major life achievement.

I hope Roth VH kicks Adele in her whiney, smelly vagg.

vandeleur
02-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Adele and Van Hagar appeals to the same demographic ----- fat & frumpy soccer Moms who think popping out a few puppies is a major life achievement.

What he said :biggrin:

Hummarstra
02-11-2012, 11:32 AM
I just checked her out on youtube and I'm pleasantly surprised! Bitch can sing. :flame: Thank god it's not some auto-tuned bullshit. But, of course I'm rooting for our boys. :cheer:

chi-town324
02-11-2012, 11:55 AM
we need to go number#1 to shut up all the sheep

Terry
02-11-2012, 12:03 PM

The material is strong enough to warrant it.

Who knows? People get their music so many different ways these days. I mean, for myself, I couldn't think of a weaker way to listen to music than through a pair of headphones hooked up to whatever portable gizmo someone is schelpping around with them, but plenty of people are content to get their tunes that way...or to make a pirated cd copy downloaded off the net.

For them to sell 1 million tangible cds of A Different Kind Of Truth would be pretty amazing in some respects.

SparkieD
02-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Talented? Maybe, but every time I'm subjected to "Someone Like You" all I hear is a lonely hound dog. Damnit to hell, I would think after 19 weeks at number one, everybody who would even want her album would already have it.

Dave's PA Rental
02-11-2012, 12:18 PM
On the iTunes album chart, the regular version and the deluxe version are showing up as separate CDs. Does the Billboard chart do this as well, or are they combining the two? I'm sure that if you combined the two on iTunes, VH would easily be #1.

fourthcoming
02-11-2012, 12:19 PM
I agree with SparkieD.....after hearing that tune it makes you feel like grabbing her, shaking her and maybe even delivering a Cher Moonstruck slap to the face and saying "Snap Out Of IT!" Plenty of fish in the sea, move on Adele.

Mr Walker
02-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Damnit to hell, I would think after 19 weeks at number one, everybody who would even want her album would already have it.

That's what I'm thinking... this album has been out for a long time.

BITEYOASS
02-11-2012, 01:25 PM
I can't stand hearing Adele and her blues. :winkglasses:

BITEYOASS
02-11-2012, 01:28 PM

Is water wet?
Is the pope catholic?
Would Binnie hit dat?

This album will go platinum faster than getting a Roth Army member getting kicked off the pasture dome. :drum:

BITEYOASS
02-11-2012, 01:31 PM
=VH= came through blood and fire while Adele just sits on her ass trying pathetically to set fire to the rain.

Unchainme
02-11-2012, 01:44 PM
These two reviewers I enjoy are constantly propping up Adele as this great thing that's happened to the music industry, and will, in the meantime put down an act like LMFAO for being shallow or stupid.

Well, to paraphrase Henry Rollins in regards to Hair Metal, "I'd much rather hear some group like LMFAO singing about wanting to look at a girls titties over a mediocre house music beat, than Adele bitch about how she was dumped by some guy".

She's fucking terrible. It's cookie-cutter bullshit that we've all seen year after year from the adult contemporary radio that's made stars out of no-talents like Maroon 5 and Nickelback.

Fuck Adele. I hope this electronic music movement, and real rock bands like reunited Van Halen and the Black Keys eliminate this crap.

BITEYOASS
02-11-2012, 02:08 PM
On the iTunes album chart, the regular version and the deluxe version are showing up as separate CDs. Does the Billboard chart do this as well, or are they combining the two? I'm sure that if you combined the two on iTunes, VH would easily be #1.

Yes, Billboard does combine each version of an album into one. Plus with there are many places to buy the album besides iTunes, so you've gotta wonder.

BITEYOASS
02-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Plus there were all of these pre-orders that haven't been counted up yet. So you bet your ass this ADKOT will be numero uno muthafucka! :first:

IceCreamBlondie
02-11-2012, 04:15 PM
To help push Adele off her 19 week old perch. I've already pre-ordered the vinyl and went out and bought ADKOT on CD at my local Best Buy today. It was their next to last copy for sale!

I'm happy to say that I saw PLENTY of Adele CDs left at the store!...looks like no one cared about her.

ADKOT deserves to number one on the charts, dammit!! I'm cheering VH on for a big win on the charts!:cheer:

IceCreamBlondie
02-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Plus there were all of these pre-orders that haven't been counted up yet. So you bet your ass this ADKOT will be numero uno muthafucka! :first:

Damn right it will be!

RedZoneD25
02-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Just to be safe, everyone go out and buy another copy.

FORD
02-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Wonder how many Adele CD's were shipped to Mr. Samuel R. Hagar in Novato CA this week?

Hardrock69
02-11-2012, 05:47 PM
I had predicted at least 200,000 in sales the first week. Guess Billboard feels the same way. Hope it goes to Number 1, but we ARE going to see. Whats-her-face's album has already been out for awhile...so no matter what bump in sales....it is not going to be much....even IF she wins a Grammy or two.

Pretty sad when someone who nobody really ever heard of is nominated for 6 Grammys. I mean, nobody I know personally would know who she is....

So this is love
02-11-2012, 05:57 PM
I couldn't careless if we're not #1 its not the same crowd the fan base of VH is going to buy this cd eventually, I mean when you have 6 cvh you need the 7th.

vanhalen1r2
02-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Well I went out and bought three more this morning as gifts lets make this happen for Roth

conmee
02-11-2012, 06:21 PM
I prefer Duffy to Adele... it's mainly a physique thing. Oh, and Duffy was born in 1984 so there's the VH connection, right? Maybe DLR is her dad...

I pray to Satan nightly to SMITE™©® Adele on her big oversized granny vag and to rip her VOCAL CORDS™©® to shreds!!!!

Please ALL POWERFUL AND LOVING LUCIFER™©® destroy all lame contemporary adult acts and destroy the Grammys and destroy Adele's album sales!!!!

All hail SATAN™©®!!!!

Icon™©®

Golden AWe
02-11-2012, 06:26 PM
One song of Adele is ok...and sounds good...but when I listened to a whole gig on the web tv, it was boring.

And I know many here would do her.

Sensible Shoes
02-11-2012, 07:09 PM
And FWIW, my preorder copy of ADKOT STILL has not shown up.

VanHalenI
02-11-2012, 07:30 PM
One thing's for certain Adele will not TOP BILLBOARD. cause I Believe in Roth Army and Van Halen Vets!

High Life Man
02-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Aside from shitty music, I hate Adele for the fact that ugly, fat bitches now feel the need to showcase their vocal talents at karaoke - and 99% of the time their singing reflects their nasty bodies.

Seshmeister
02-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Ah wait I remember her now, saw her on a chat show a year ago.

To be fair she seems to be very grounded...

Sensible Shoes
02-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah when somebody's that big they're generally grounded very well. Gravity and all.

FORD
02-11-2012, 07:54 PM

You still don't have it?

I think the UPS driver stole it.

Sensible Shoes
02-11-2012, 08:00 PM
I KNOW. I bought one but this is just nuts. They did say it could arrive as late as Monday. Asswipes.

Dan
02-11-2012, 08:02 PM
I KNOW. I bought one but this is just nuts. They did say it could arrive as late as Monday. Asswipes.

Shoes,I Think They Are Fucking With You On This.:(

chi-town324
02-11-2012, 08:02 PM
I wonder if the Adele army message board is debating if the old rockers Van Halen, are justified in the number #1 slot

fryingdutchman
02-11-2012, 08:23 PM
This would be the ultimate vindication if VH came out of the gate and blew the lid off the charts!!!

Adele is certainly talented, but she's becoming a victim of oversaturation and it's getting annoying.

Somebody should e-mail the bloated tequila salesman and ask when any of his Chickenshit albums were battling it out for number 1....

fryingdutchman
02-11-2012, 08:24 PM
You still don't have it?

I think the UPS driver stole it.

I feel bad for Shoes...but I can't blame the UPS driver...

SNIPER
02-11-2012, 08:28 PM
I bought 10 today for gifts. I want to see Roth Halen go #1 bitches!!!!

BITEYOASS
02-11-2012, 09:41 PM
If =VH= is No. 1 on Billboard and Adele starts talkin' shit, then we have a war on our hands! :biggrin2::war:

Little Texan
02-11-2012, 10:02 PM

See, that is the very reason I didn't preorder and bought it at the store instead.

Little Texan
02-11-2012, 10:04 PM
I bought 10 today for gifts. I want to see Roth Halen go #1 bitches!!!!

I bought two copies: One with the shirt at Wally World and the deluxe version with the extra dvd.

conmee
02-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Goddammit, SATAN™©®!!!!!!

I said ADELE™©®.... not WHITNEY™©®!!!!

Let's go #1 Album!!!!

That is all.

Icon™©®

Jagermeister
02-11-2012, 10:05 PM

No shit! WTF?

So this is love
02-11-2012, 10:14 PM
One song of Adele is ok...and sounds good...but when I listened to a whole gig on the web tv, it was boring.

Ah ah! wtf are you talking about you motherfucker...you don't even know who the fuck we are...no one in here wounld do her unless we were obliged to??? lol

Jagermeister
02-11-2012, 10:17 PM
I wouldn't fuck her with shitbag4lif's dick.

SparkieD
02-11-2012, 11:00 PM
I went out to Wally World a couple of hours ago to grab a copy for a friend. Those fuckers have a tiny music display at the front of the store in an inconspicous place far away from the music section. That is where all of the copies of ADKoT were located along with a few other titles. If someone had been looking for it, they probably would not have found it, so you know what I did? I grabbed four handfuls, put them in my basket and took them to the music section. I moved ALL of the Adele cd's away from the main display back to the alphebetical section, and put the Van Halen cd's in their place. Fucking Wal Mart. They have an exclusive and they don't give any more of a fuck about selling it than that.

DONNIEP
02-11-2012, 11:05 PM
I went out to Wally World a couple of hours ago to grab a copy for a friend. Those fuckers have a tiny music display at the front of the store in an inconspicous place far away from the music section. That is where all of the copies of ADKoT were located along with a few other titles. If someone had been looking for it, they probably would not have found it, so you know what I did? I grabbed four handfuls, put them in my basket and took them to the music section. I moved ALL of the Adele cd's away from the main display back to the alphebetical section, and put the Van Halen cd's in their place. Fucking Wal Mart. They have an exclusive and they don't give any more of a fuck about selling it than that.

Right ON woman!!!! :thumb:

Unchainme
02-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Van Halen had a seperate section away from the display last I was there at the one near me/

Julius
02-12-2012, 12:12 AM
I already have my copy, 3 of them actually, but went to WalMart and Target today and looked for more.

At WalMart I could find no copies or promotional display, and after waiting for an "associate" to assist me, was told they were sold out and expected more copies to be delivered on Monday.

Target had one copy left on an endcap where new releases are featured. Well, at least they did... I have 4 copies now. 5 when the red vinyl arrives. :D

Only problem is.... I don't own a record player.

minkahed
02-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Now, we got another problem, Whitney's dead !

Now, I'm sure all the dickhead's that didn't give a rat's ass about her in the last decade will buy her cd's in droves cuz they've suddenly realized they loved her !

Fuck ...

Let's go Van Fuckin' Halen !!!

philouze
02-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Now, we got another problem, Whitney's dead !

Now, I'm sure all the dickhead's that didn't give a rat's ass about her in the last decade will buy her cd's in droves cuz they've suddenly realized they loved her !

Right on.

conmee
02-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Brethren and Sistren and minkahed,

I don't think this is a problem. In fact, it might be along the lines of the-Lord-works-in-mysterious-ways™©® kinda gift. Most people that are up to buy Whitney's back catalog are likely the same dopes that buy Adele's music, and thus, it might ever so slightly siphon off Adele sales. Quite unlikely that Whitney's DEMISE™©® will have a detrimental impact on Van Halen achieving the #1 spot.

That is all.

Icon™©®

Panamark
02-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Brethren and Sistren and minkahed,

I don't think this is a problem. In fact, it might be along the lines of the-Lord-works-in-mysterious-ways™©® kinda gift. Most people that are up to buy Whitney's back catalog are likely the same dopes that buy Adele's music, and thus, it might ever so slightly siphon off Adele sales. Quite unlikely that Whitney's DEMISE™©® will have a detrimental impact on Van Halen achieving the #1 spot.

That is all.

Icon™©®

Yup, would agree it will probably impact other female performers (such as "adele")
more than Van Halen. Im sharing the same line with you on this one :)

philouze
02-12-2012, 01:59 AM
OK, I'm not living in the US of A, but I feel that the #1 album next week will be Houston's Greatestits.

conmee
02-12-2012, 02:01 AM
OK, I'm not living in the US of A, but I feel that the #1 album next week will be Houston's Greatestits.

Well... she DID have great tits...

That is all.

Icon™©®

sadaist
02-12-2012, 02:17 AM
Kinda odd they say the grammy show on Sunday night will drive enough people to leave to their local Walmart at 11pm to buy Adeles music just before the cutoff to keep her in the #1 spot. If she does get any buzz from the grammys, I'm sure people will wait until the next day.

guwapo_rocker
02-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Kinda odd they say the grammy show on Sunday night will drive enough people to leave to their local Walmart at 11pm to buy Adeles music just before the cutoff to keep her in the #1 spot. If she does get any buzz from the grammys, I'm sure people will wait until the next day.

itunes :(

Panamark
02-12-2012, 02:31 AM

The story of our lives, 1984 gets pipped by thriller and ADKOT is now against the rush of sales that
always occur when an artist passes away, and she is ironically from that old era too...

Are we still get a chance before the vulture record companies get the "Whitney" copies out there ?

Satan
02-12-2012, 02:37 AM
Somebody better search Whitney's house for an empty Cabo Wabo bottle. What if Sam got desperate to stop this album from reaching #1 and poisoned the tequila??

conmee
02-12-2012, 02:48 AM
Sweet Judas Iscariot!

It's about time you showed your face, SATAN™©®!!!!!

Now please do us a favor, and get the Toastmaster General of the Immoral Majority™©® to the Top of the CHARTS™©®!!!!

That is all.

Icon™©®

ashstralia
02-12-2012, 03:09 AM
god™ i love this website®.

:biggrin:

Satan
02-12-2012, 03:14 AM
Sweet Judas Iscariot!

It's about time you showed your face, SATAN™©®!!!!!

Now please do us a favor, and get the Toastmaster General of the Immoral Majority™©® to the Top of the CHARTS™©®!!!!

That is all.

Icon™©®

I bought my 666 copies. Then I had to buy another freezer to keep the damn things in. I'd buy the vinyl, but it warps too damn fast down here.

binnie
02-12-2012, 03:22 AM
Is there any chance that Whiteny Houston's 'Greatest Hits' could trump them both?

vandeleur
02-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Is there any chance that Whiteny Houston's 'Greatest Hits' could trump them both?

Yip ....happens every time the charts will flood with whitney stuff now .

IceCreamBlondie
02-12-2012, 04:27 AM
I bought my 666 copies. Then I had to buy another freezer to keep the damn things in. I'd buy the vinyl, but it warps too damn fast down here.

Funny post! :biggrin:

DavidLeeNatra
02-12-2012, 05:02 AM
I didn't need a number 1 album from =VH=, I just needed ONE album from them...got it...and it's playing right now...world is fine for me!

Glitter Tot
02-12-2012, 05:09 AM
Aside from shitty music, I hate Adele for the fact that ugly, fat bitches now feel the need to showcase their vocal talents at karaoke - and 99% of the time their singing reflects their nasty bodies.

Go on, let's have a look at your body then?

BITEYOASS
02-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Well if its any consolation, ADKOT will definitely be #1 on the Rock Albums charts.

BITEYOASS
02-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Besides, it looks like we will officially kick Nickleback's ass off the charts. :winkglasses:

VanCanHalen
02-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Well it is happening right now....the Whitney effect, #1 on Amazon and Itunes, makes things interesting 4 sure

Matt White
02-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Well it is happening right now....the Whitney effect, #1 on Amazon and Itunes, makes things interesting 4 sure

Which could be a good thing for VH.............

I see Adele fans being Whitney fans....not so much VH fans.....could rob her of some sales......

chi-town324
02-12-2012, 09:22 AM
atta girl Spark

Angel
02-12-2012, 10:28 AM
May I remind everyone that we are not "at war" with Adele. She's done nothing to the VH camp. Who gives a fuck how much she fucking weighs. It's because of dumb fucks like you that we have to put up with scrawny talentless spoiled bitches lipsynching into headsets.

I've only heard the one Adele song but she has a beautiful voice, and I wouldn't be surprised if Dave is a fan.

One of the best singers I've ever heard in my life is a very large woman, doesn't diminish her talent one iota. I want this album to hit #1 just as much as the next guy, but I refuse to add to all that is wrong in this world when it comes to objectification of the female body by judging someone by the shape of their body.

BITEYOASS
02-12-2012, 10:33 AM
May I remind everyone that we are not "at war" with Adele. She's done nothing to the VH camp. Who gives a fuck how much she fucking weighs. It's because of dumb fucks like you that we have to put up with scrawny talentless spoiled bitches lipsynching into headsets.

I've only heard the one Adele song but she has a beutiful voice, and I wouldn't be surprised if Dave is a fan.

One of the best singers I've ever heard in my life is a very large woman, doesn't diminish her talent one iota. I want this album to hit #1 just as much as the next guy, but I refuse to add to all that is wrong in this world when it comes to objectification of the female body by judging someone by the shape of their body.

Agreed! There is no point in hating someone's body shape or starting a war when they haven't even talked shit about =VH=.

But that won't stop me from hating Nickelback. Who are about to get an ass whipping of biblical proportions from ADKOT.

ZahZoo
02-12-2012, 11:28 AM

Really... HLM..?

Are you seriously whining about the impact on Karaoke wanna-bees?

Angel
02-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Agreed! There is no point in hating someone's body shape or starting a war when they haven't even talked shit about =VH=.

But that won't stop me from hating Nickelback. Who are about to get an ass whipping of biblical proportions from ADKOT.Nickleshit is a different story...::biggrin:

Vinnie Velvet
02-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Is Adele related to that fat chick in Wilson Philips?

MUSICMANN
02-12-2012, 12:04 PM
We should all not care if this album goes to #1. We should, all be very happy that these guys are still above ground from years of different types of abuse and were still able to not only put out an album that still captures the magic of those early years but in some ways surpass it, all awhile looking pretty damn healthy and getting ready to explode in an arena near you.

guwapo_rocker
02-12-2012, 12:08 PM
We should all not care if this album goes to #1. We should, all be very happy that these guys are still above ground from years of different types of abuse and were still able to not only put out an album that still captures the magic of those early years but in some ways surpass it, all awhile looking pretty damn healthy and getting ready to explode in an arena near you.

Nah, we want number 1 cause it will make Sammy Hagar cry. :monekyr:

MUSICMANN
02-12-2012, 12:13 PM

Shit, that fat fuck doesn't have enough swimming pools to fill all the tears he's cried since ADKOT has been released.

IceCreamBlondie
02-12-2012, 12:32 PM

That's the best reason ever for ADKOT to go to No 1! :first: ADKOT is a FANTASTIC album that deserves to be no. 1, Dammit!

Eat on that, Spammy! BTW, how is chickenshit nowdays? :hagar1:

Nickdfresh
02-12-2012, 01:27 PM

I highly doubt it, there probably aren't even enough copies in print at the moment. Down the road a bit, maybe...

DavidLeeNatra
02-12-2012, 01:40 PM
no way that you can compete with a dead icon... #2 again...like 1984 couldn't beat "Thriller" back then...but again...let sammy claim that he was the only singer having #1 albums under the brand VH...he is out and what he did is the total irrelevant past now. we know it, so does he...

for you there is no "we" and "our" in the VH-legacy, Sam...it's them and us, the true loyal fans who celebrate the rising of the once fallen mighty VH!

sorry, but you are not invited to that party...

minkahed
02-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Fuck this, I'm gonna go buy 10 more copies of VH and give 'em out at work for the unfortunate ...

For the sad and meek, so their souls and spirits will rise once they get a shot of what we've known and been celebrating all along !

rocket
02-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Adele is great, but her record has been out for a long time... hoping it's VH time once again in the US... 28 years later.

Rock on...

Swampscott Dave
02-12-2012, 03:40 PM
This album will go Platnum, and it will hit #1 this week, all of the people that would but Adelle today, are buying Whitney Houstons back catalog, VH is now a lock for #1 Record!!

Swampscott Dave
02-12-2012, 03:43 PM
It was supposed to be close today with VH vs Adelle, with the tragic news of Whitney passing, her catalog is moving 50-90, copies today, this seals Dave's first #1 album with VH!

Vinnie Velvet
02-12-2012, 03:46 PM
I don't think it's a lock but Whit's death might have helped things.

sadaist
02-12-2012, 03:48 PM
I have a feeling next years Grammys are gonna have a lot of VH nominations.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Merging....

vandeleur
02-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Merging....

Fuck thought sailor jerrys had me seeing double

hambon4lif
02-12-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm trusting Interscope to know what they're doing with this one. Let the Grammys come and go, and once the buzz dies down, fire out another single and it's a lock. I hear at least 3 more solid singles on this album (that represent it alot better than Tattoo IMO anyways) that'll keep ADKOT in the Top 5 well into the summer if they play their cards right, and the Interscope folks have proven they know how to work a gameplan.
ADKOT is going straight to the top, and it's going to be there for quite some time, too. Guaranteed.

guwapo_rocker
02-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Merging....

Don't forget to signal....

DavidLeeNatra
02-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Don't forget to signal....

and the meds...against MODADD...

chi-town324
02-12-2012, 04:30 PM
WHO DOESNT WANT #1...come on we all want it to happen

RedZoneD25
02-12-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm seeing more "who cares if it goes #1" than I thought I would. Sure, Dave > Spambot and we all know that, but I'm looking at this battle as a chance for Dave to do one of the few things he hasn't done (Best of notwithstanding). I have maybe one fan of my music, but my goal is to be #1 one day...Every musician wants that honor, whether they play it cool or not. In what very well could be the last go-round for Roth and Eddie, what better way to cement the (mainstream, real music fans know the answer) debate over which singer is tops? Not even to mention, sure Eddie has a few under his belt but wouldn't it be nice to have one where his guitar isn't castrated from the Red Rocket?

Dave and Eddie are PB & J, it'd be nice to see the guys do this together so they can go out (hopefully not yet though) with their heads held high.

DIFD. Do It For Dave. Every sale helps, I've already bought multiple copies for friends and just to have when my copy burns out.

vandeleur
02-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Fuck yeah ... I wanna say my bands at number one ... Fuck we have waited for this we earned the bragging rights on shitty nights like 1996 nights when we thought fuck it but stuck with it .

VHscraps
02-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Well I just checked the UK Album Chart, which is published on a Sunday, and A Different Kind of Truth has debuted at numero six, which makes it their highest charting album in the UK (incl. non-Dave releases).

Will it stick, though, that is the question ...

It could be that DLR achieved a higher spot with Skyscraper, what with the big hit ('Paradise') and the sellout tour around that album in the UK - but I am too lazy to dig into the archives and check the 'scraps' for answers, and it ain't on the internet.

Not that any of this matters. The album kicks major butt, so it is - in my mind - number one, no matter what the masses say on the matter.

SNIPER
02-12-2012, 05:03 PM
never mind. someone said it.

Sensible Shoes
02-12-2012, 05:05 PM
No you're not, I thought the same thing.

ToraToraTora
02-12-2012, 05:06 PM
I think #6 in the UK album chart is fuckin great for a band that doesn't get ANY publicity here whatsoever. Van Halen have been long forgotten over here by many many people not helped by the lack of tours etc etc. You think it's a strong enough indicator for them to want to tour over here?? Or wiil they say, that's better than we hoped sales wise, so we don't need to tour in support of it?

guwapo_rocker
02-12-2012, 05:07 PM
I think they should cancel the Grammy's tonight out of respect for Whitney :(:cry:

vandeleur
02-12-2012, 05:09 PM
I think 6 in the uk is a good to decent chart position

ToraToraTora
02-12-2012, 05:18 PM
I think they should cancel the Grammy's tonight out of respect for Whitney :(:cry:

I think they actually cancelled Whitney out of respect for the Grammy's:tongue0011:

binnie
6 in the UK is a very good position: with no real promotion, that's really good going....

Terry

Hey...

ugly, fat bitches need love, too...

...love you long time

VHscraps
02-12-2012, 05:25 PM
I think #6 in the UK album chart is fuckin great for a band that doesn't get ANY publicity here whatsoever. Van Halen have been long forgotten over here by many many people not helped by the lack of tours etc etc. You think it's a strong enough indicator for them to want to tour over here?? Or wiil they say, that's better than we hoped sales wise, so we don't need to tour in support of it?

It's a good showing, I agree. Probably getting a fair bit of airplay on the classic rock stations, but not much music press coverage. I dunno for sure, but I'd guess we have a more vibrant music press in the UK than in the US. Monthlies now, rather than the old inky weeklies of yore. Coverage in Classic Rock, yeah, that's guaranteed. The Guardian newspaper, yeah, also pretty much guaranteed ('cos the music editor is a self-declared VH fan). That paper has also been Dave's only UK interview thus far.

But it would be nice to see them getting into mainstream rock magazines, like Mojo, Uncut, and The Word to name but three magazines whose readers could / should appreciate VH.

I'm no fan of Johnny Marr (guitarist of The Smiths) but there was a feature on him in Uncut a couple of issues ago where he told a story about seeing VH in NYC in '84 and thinking it was just totally brilliant. That really surprised me - and who knows, things like that can persuade people to check out things they otherwise not give the time of day to. In other words, what I'm saying is the VH publicity peeps shouldn't just assume that their potential audience is readers of Classic Rock magazine - fact is, more mainstream rock fans might dig VH too - esp. if they are hearing good things from artists they like, and in magazines they read.

In the UK some of these magazines sell serious numbers - up to 75-100k per issue. That's to readers who probably still actually BUY music.

ToraToraTora
02-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Malcolm Dome of Classic Rock magazine has totally slated the album, so lets hope he's not doing the review for the next issue :doh:

VHscraps
02-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Malcolm Dome of Classic Rock magazine has totally slated the album, so lets hope he's not doing the review for the next issue :doh:

I never knew that. What did he say about it? The old recycled songs crap?

But my guess - and I have some inside knowledge, I know someone on the editorial staff at the mag - is that they are extremely pissed off at not getting an interview. I know for a fact that they have been trying for ... well, years, and they had been planning a cover story to coincide with the launch of the album.

I guess the negative review means they are unlikely to get an interview now.

I was pretty certain if Mick Wall got to review it in Classic Rock he would not give it a chance, no matter what, 'cos he seems to have developed a real dislike of VH and/or Dave.

Gotta keep in mind that they did a special Chickenf**t fan pack thing, where they sell an a special issue of the magazine with the CD!

DavidLeeNatra
02-12-2012, 05:37 PM
album numbers doesn't mean jackshit these days...nor do chart positions...I measure the success of the new album in my CD player and if the songs work live. I find it disgusting to speculate which effect Whitney Houston's death could have on the sales of some Adele I never heard of. VH won't make it #1? booohooo...

but remember...most of the albums that are on higher positions are here today and gone later today...we have the band back 28 years after the fact! legends are forever...not chart positions in a fake download era...

High Life Man
02-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Really... HLM..?

Are you seriously whining about the impact on Karaoke wanna-bees?

Haha...yep. When I watch, I wanna see hot bitches!

ToraToraTora
02-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Mr Dome, said, and i quote, "If you’re satisfied with a once great band attempting to recreate what made them so remarkable yet falling well short of previously high standard,, then you’ll enjoy this. Otherwise…avoid." amongst other things.

VHscraps
02-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Well isn't he the one who looks like a dickhead !

ToraToraTora
02-12-2012, 05:57 PM
He's always looked like a dickhead, he was born like it :bolt:

guwapo_rocker
02-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Well isn't he the one who looks like a dickhead !

http://i41.tinypic.com/33dba5e.jpg

Linky (http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/classic-rocks-new-releases-round-up-78/)

VHscraps
02-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Ah, was just trying to conjur up his image in my mind. I remember he had some TV show here in the UK, either in the late 80s or early 90s.

SunisinuS
02-12-2012, 06:58 PM

:bolt:

A 10 yr old can do it.

Makes you think of Dave at 7. Huh.

Sensible Shoes
02-12-2012, 07:03 PM
ABC News just reported that Whitney had the #1 album and #1 single on I-tunes today.

chi-town324
02-12-2012, 07:11 PM
i think the voting for the week ends today

guwapo_rocker
02-12-2012, 07:25 PM
ABC News just reported that Whitney had the #1 album and #1 single on I-tunes today.

There ya go. Spam, you want Chickenshit to hit #1?

DIE!

sadaist
02-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Mr Dome, said, and i quote, "If you’re satisfied with a once great band attempting to recreate what made them so remarkable yet falling well short of previously high standard,, then you’ll enjoy this. Otherwise…avoid." amongst other things.

Remember the fact that this album is HEAVY. Many casual VH fans I remember back in the 80's sided with Van Hagar and didn't like Yankee Rose because it was "too heavy". You got your Poison/Bon Jovi fans on 1 side & Metallica/Judas Priest on the other back then.

This new album other than a few spots won't appeal to those that can't listen through the heaviness & hear the sheer brilliance of each member shine through. Sad really. Closed minded people suck.

guwapo_rocker
02-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Adele is on 60 minutes too, crap.

SparkieD
02-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Just changed the channel from 60 Minutes. I swear, she sounds like a fucking hound dog in heat.

Halen High
02-12-2012, 07:48 PM

But my guess - and I have some inside knowledge, I know someone on the editorial staff at the mag - is that they are extremely pissed off at not getting an interview. I know for a fact that they have been trying for ... well, years, and they had been planning a cover story to coincide with the launch of the album.

I was pretty certain if Mick Wall got to review it in Classic Rock he would not give it a chance, no matter what, 'cos he seems to have developed a real dislike of VH and/or Dave.

Gotta keep in mind that they did a special Chickenf**t fan pack thing, where they sell an a special issue of the magazine with the CD!

If that's the case, then Classic Rock Magazine and Malcolm Dome in particular have failed several of the most important tests of journalism - objective, fair and balanced reporting. That's a shame, as it's a magazine I once enjoyed reading. Now I must doubt its credibility as a publication worthy of respect.

To put Malcolm Dome's 'review' in perspective, let's take a closer look at his general views. Dome takes cynicism in journalism to a new level, as if he sees being cynical as the role of a journalist - it's not - and it does him and his publication no service at all. For example, Dome, as far back as 1994, was dead-set against any thoughts of a Classic Van Halen reunion, something he made clear in his book, 'Van Halen - Access All Areas':

"Personally speaking, I would hope that we never see Van Halen with David Lee Roth, because I want to remain with my memories intact. A middle-aged rocker with a middle-aged band trying to recapture the glories of their youth would be a travesty - and an insult." (Malcolm Dome, 1994).

There so you have it. Malcolm Dome's review of ADKOT was already written and filed away - in 1994.

guwapo_rocker
02-12-2012, 08:26 PM
All of this love for Whitney, where were they all when she needed help.

I'm farklempt. :cry:

guwapo_rocker
02-12-2012, 08:29 PM
The Grammy's would be far more entertaining if the performers were all forced

to actually sing.

SunisinuS
02-12-2012, 08:35 PM
All of this love for Whitney, where were they all when she needed help.

I'm farklempt. :cry:

So hard to help those that seem so happy externally. We cannot blame.

She did not deserve to go down,,,but none of us do.

She almost had it all.

mug
02-12-2012, 08:37 PM
No shit they cry a river about somebody after the fact with that $ you think friends would help!

guwapo_rocker
02-12-2012, 08:39 PM
I need a tissue!

SparkieD
02-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Well, regarding last night's VH/Adele CD relocation project, my old man had to go buy something in that shithole for Sparkie Jr's science project this evening. The Adele CD's are still in the location I moved them to. The VH ones are too, at least the few that did not sell. About 75% of the ones I put in plain view of customers are gone :)

guwapo_rocker
02-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Good job!

Tiki-Tom
02-12-2012, 10:50 PM
All I gotta say is she should be payin' her ex royalties for giving her the only inspiration she apparently has.

RedZoneD25
02-13-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm getting a sinking feeling that hundreds of thousands of people bought Whitney albums today.

SNIPER
02-13-2012, 12:33 AM
You don't say

RedZoneD25
02-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Of course it's a "no shit" thing...heh. I didn't mean to come off as if I was breaking top secret news.

SNIPER
02-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Ha! I know. :biggrin:

Satan
02-13-2012, 02:21 AM
You know, I never really paid any attention to Adele until this evilning....

She's not all bad. Meaning that she's not a botoxed silicone enhanced mindless twit singing auto-tuned computerized garbage over a beat stolen from a record made decades ago. She can actually sing, and the song seems to come from something real that most mortals can relate to on some level or another.

And dare a Devil say it.... this white English girl with the Cockney accent has more soul in her music than the dearly departed crackhead EVER did, despite her having a gospel singer for a mother.

So Adele deserves her Grammys. Now that she's allegedly "happy", we'll see if she can follow it up.

Now that said, she does NOT deserve to take the #1 album chart position from the Mighty Van Fucking Halen. (No, a Devil hasn't gone that soft in his old age!)

Nickdfresh
02-13-2012, 03:10 AM
The should have released ADKOT two months ago!

sambo
02-13-2012, 05:02 AM
ADKOT debuted at #4 on the Australian Charts. Released today.

http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/charts_display_album.asp?chart=1G50

Great result, given it's essentially an "everything" chart (Pop, Rock, Country, Elec, R&B etc) and most stores I went to weren't advertising the album at all.

Panamark
02-13-2012, 05:32 AM
The grammys are Painful.

Ever notice when they read out the nominees,
whoever actually performed earlier gets the loudest
applause ????

Like WTF, so you all didnt give a shit before
tonight about this category,

Celeb in attendance: Shit man I dont
know any of these cats ???

Hang on did they just say Foo Fighters ?
Didnt they play half an hour ago ?

YEAH YEAH WOOT WOOT CLAP CLAP !!
AWESOME !

Panamark
02-13-2012, 05:34 AM
ADKOT debuted at #4 on the Australian Charts. Released today.

http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/charts_display_album.asp?chart=1G50

Great result, given it's essentially an "everything" chart (Pop, Rock, Country, Elec, R&B etc) and most stores I went to weren't advertising the album at all.

So number 1 Rock ?

sambo
02-13-2012, 05:40 AM
Indeed it is mate... Lana Del Rey, Leonard Cohen and Adele are the only ones above.

Well there you go..

Highest Debut Rock Album - ADKOT

Number 1 Rock Album - ADKOT

Happy days !!!

Seshmeister
02-13-2012, 06:10 AM
Indeed it is mate... Lana Del Rey, Leonard Cohen and Adele are the only ones above.

Well there you go..

Happy days !!!

In London you used to be able to hire a Leonard Cohen singing telegram.

Cost about a hundred bucks and the guy would come and sing sad songs in your kitchen if you were having a party.

Atomic_Rob
02-13-2012, 06:30 AM
ADKOT got to number 4 in the midweek UK chart, but suddenly a bunch of people decided they STILL didn't own the Adele album, but no big deal.

binnie
02-13-2012, 06:46 AM

You can see Malcolm Dome's comments here:

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/classic-rocks-new-releases-round-up-78/

Panamark
02-13-2012, 06:47 AM

Well there you go..

Happy days !!!

Thats great news !

vanhalendlrband
02-13-2012, 07:05 AM
I think people will download whitneys songs but i don't know if enough would make it out to buy a cd in time at least for the Billboard charts. Its totally possible though. Its still entirely possible Van Halen could be #1. How many more people since last summer haven't heard Adele yet, I just think at some point everybody's got the album y'know what i mean? I think the rock fans are gonna come out of the woodworks for this one.

Pantera made #1 by word of mouth. No Video, No Single.

binnie
02-13-2012, 07:49 AM
True, but it ain't 1992 anymore.

The music world is fucked up. With Adele clearing up ath the Grammy's, you have to imagine that she'll hold onto the top spot...

Atomic_Rob
02-13-2012, 08:07 AM

Thanks for the link man. great to see most if not all the comments at the bottom disagreeing with Dome.

minkahed
02-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Someone on the west coast, at 7:30 PST, check out hitdailydouble.com and they start calculating sales from albums this week.

They are usually spot on with over the counter sales and pecentages, so at least we can get an idea where this beast of an album will land.

I'm still saying this fucker will be Roth's glory #1.

I hope ...

minkahed
02-13-2012, 08:27 AM
True, but it ain't 1992 anymore.

The music world is fucked up. With Adele clearing up ath the Grammy's, you have to imagine that she'll hold onto the top spot...

It all depends.

The Grammy's ended at 11:35 EST last night. How many people will get up and go run to Wal Mart and pick that disc up today?

The cut off for sales units for the charts ends today so ...we are just gonna have to sit back, play the waiting game and see.

Hopefully, some more out of the closet VH fans will pick up a few more copies, but I'm pretty sure Bette Midler went and bought half a million copies so Roth wouldn't get his first well deserved #1.

Roth & Roll
02-13-2012, 08:30 AM

Even more telling is the harsh criticism being leveled at Dome in the Comments section. I'm loving the fact that virtually 100% of the feedback consists of praise for ADKOT while letting Dome have it.

Seshmeister
02-13-2012, 11:04 AM
The comments are great!

tap1966
02-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Not only does pretty much everyone disagree with Dome in the comments, but no one talks about any of the other albums he mentions either. He does look like a guy whose head has been up his arse many times.

VHscraps
02-13-2012, 11:35 AM
If that's the case, then Classic Rock Magazine and Malcolm Dome in particular have failed several of the most important tests of journalism - objective, fair and balanced reporting. That's a shame, as it's a magazine I once enjoyed reading. Now I must doubt its credibility as a publication worthy of respect.

To put Malcolm Dome's 'review' in perspective, let's take a closer look at his general views. Dome takes cynicism in journalism to a new level, as if he sees being cynical as the role of a journalist - it's not - and it does him and his publication no service at all. For example, Dome, as far back as 1994, was dead-set against any thoughts of a Classic Van Halen reunion, something he made clear in his book, 'Van Halen - Access All Areas':

"Personally speaking, I would hope that we never see Van Halen with David Lee Roth, because I want to remain with my memories intact. A middle-aged rocker with a middle-aged band trying to recapture the glories of their youth would be a travesty - and an insult." (Malcolm Dome, 1994).

There so you have it. Malcolm Dome's review of ADKOT was already written and filed away - in 1994.

A cruel irony for Dome, given that the entire raison d'etre of Classic Rock as a magazine is to continually present "middle-aged rockers" (and indeed post-middle-age rockers) trying to recapture the glories of their youth ... he probably has a hair up his ass 'cos they let someone else author last year's cover story on the making of Van Halen's '1984'.

I never knew he had written that book. A quick cash-in job no doubt.

Halen High
02-13-2012, 03:49 PM
A cruel irony for Dome, given that the entire raison d'etre of Classic Rock as a magazine is to continually present "middle-aged rockers" (and indeed post-middle-age rockers) trying to recapture the glories of their youth ... he probably has a hair up his ass 'cos they let someone else author last year's cover story on the making of Van Halen's '1984'.

I never knew he had written that book. A quick cash-in job no doubt.

Actually, the book is called 'Van Halen - EXCESS All Areas' - not very good - mostly photos (a lot of Hagar). The book was a depressing read and I regretted buying it at the time.

Great point about the irony of it all.

minkahed
02-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Van Halen - A Different Kind Of Truth 37.17% 79,535

Adele - 21 37.17% 119,998

So far, not lookin' all that great.

Where the hell are all the Van Halen fans ???

VHscraps
02-13-2012, 04:08 PM

Adele - 21 37.17% 119,998

So far, not lookin' all that great.

What does it mean? The percentages ... they still rakin' in the numbers, and this is like a snapshot as of today?

On a more general note, the Van Halen fans - the non-fanatic types from ye olde days - might not have a clue about the new album, or have not yet had a chance to buy it, or have just decided to listen to it on youtube. Adele's market is served at supermarket checkouts and the like. Her appearance on the Grammys last night even made the news here, so even with the Whitney Houston situation, I'd be surprised if she's not shifting a lot of units because she's had national and international prime-time TV coverage, and Van Halen have not.

DONNIEP
02-13-2012, 04:11 PM

79,535??? Is that worldwide? Does that include itunes?

VHscraps
02-13-2012, 04:24 PM
The numbers I'm looking at are the percentages, 'cos therein lies the secret to what this all might mean.

Those total sales figures are both accompanied - for Van Halen and Adele - with a 37.17% figure, so I take it (with my limited grasp of numbers) that this does not refer to market share - otherwise they'd both have different % numbers, but rather something along the lines of ... after 37.17% of sales returns have been counted, or whatever, this is what the sales tallies are ?

You know what I mean? Genius, or what.

Yours, necking a Stella Artois Cidre (#2 of the evening) ... chill out dudes, #1 is still within grasp.

vandeleur
02-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Good skills ...tho Stella cidre is way to sweet ...
Now no #1 that's my kinda sweet

VHscraps
02-13-2012, 04:32 PM
And Nuclear Brown, once a fave tipple of mine in days of yore, is a mite bitter by comparison. Reminds me - I once sat an exam after four bottles of the stuff. Had to leave early to piss, but still passed. Must have magic properties. Indeed, I must give it a try again sometime.

I won't have more than a couple of the Cidre - cos it's sweet. I am switching to Pinot Grigio. It is a Monday night, after all ...

nitroDave23
02-13-2012, 06:21 PM

I HATE that knob gobbler....damn nappy headed bald fuck lol...

He's so arrogant and snotty, like he's the "Rock professor", couldn't give a rats ass what he thinks about any band, or Van Halen.

We know what's good,so do the other respectable reviewers.

gbranton
02-13-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't know who this Airdale is but why would anyone buy a cd by someone named after a terrier?

VHscraps
02-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Out of sheer boredom I was just looking at this chart thing. Who in the hell knows how iTunes contributes to the whole stacking up of sales, but VH fans are by and large not buying ADKOT using it.

I just went through the Top 100 on iTunes on my iPad - and I dunno if it is UK specific - but the album is not even in the top 100 ... What!!!?

Then I read that "Billboard is projecting that Whitney Houston's Hits package is likely moved 50,000 copies in the day-and-a-half window between when news of her death was first reported and the close of Nielsen SoundScan's business week" ...

Not that it matters in the larger scheme of things, but it would be one less thing with which Sammy could puff up his mythical 'greater success' if ADOKT could make it to the top, even for one week. Now they got a dead woman biting their ass. If iTunes figure as a big part of how the Billboard chart ends up, the dear departed Ms. Houston could knock VH into third place.

guwapo_rocker
02-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Just checked iTunes here. It must be the day's sales.

1. Adele
2. Whitney
3. Whitney
21. Van Halen

BITEYOASS
02-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Just checked iTunes here. It must be the day's sales.

1. Adele
2. Whitney
3. Whitney
21. Van Halen

Don't care at this point. Especially since Spambo and his inbred Canadian cousins named Nickelhacks are going to be PWNED in the Rock Charts.

guwapo_rocker
02-13-2012, 09:24 PM
itunes rock chart Van Halen is #1 in:

Canada
Japan
Norway
Sweden

In the USA Van Halen is number 2, number 1 is..........

Elton John

LINK (http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10rockalbums.html)

Looks like they totalled the regular and deluxe versions separately though as they are listed twice in some charts.

Nickelback is #1 in Australia, so we know what Panamark has really been buying. :)

Panamark
02-13-2012, 09:37 PM
itunes rock chart Van Halen is #1 in:

Nickelback is #1 in Australia, so we know what Panamark has really been buying. :)

Guwapo, I dont use the word "hate" that often.
I Fucking Hate Nickelback.

Surprised that they are number one. They really are getting
a lot of mileage with that single song they wrote 15 years ago.

sambo
02-13-2012, 10:43 PM
...I Fucking Hate Nickelback....

+1

Second major issue I have is I saw Coldplay actually listed on Billboard's Rock Chart - WTF is going on there..??? Rock??? FFS..

neuralfraud
02-13-2012, 10:58 PM
+1

Second major issue I have is I saw Coldplay actually listed on Billboard's Rock Chart - WTF is going on there..??? Rock??? FFS..

I think that the only remaining criteria for being rock is having a drum or a guitar..somewhere.

RedZoneD25
02-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Fuck Elton John, in the most non-easy-joke way possible.

SNIPER
02-13-2012, 11:20 PM
I just wanna smack that blubbering rubbish mess!!!! :uck:

Panamark
02-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Well it sure is a tough week to give up sniffing glue !

Will be good to see the actual units moved (including itunes)
as theres some real competition at the moment.

Its 1984 all over again (remember Thriller !)

ThatArtGuy
02-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Its 1984 all over again (remember Thriller !)

I was thinking the same thing.

guwapo_rocker
02-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Remember though it looks like they totalled the regular and deluxe versions separately for example on the U.S.A iTunes chart

it is at #2 and #7. If they totalled both it would probably be #1.

minkahed
02-14-2012, 07:12 AM
79,535??? Is that worldwide? Does that include itunes?

This means over the counter sales reported by soundscan here in the U.S..

minkahed
02-14-2012, 07:50 AM
I was just e-mailed by a friend that he hears Adele's Grammy performance will push her to about 225k in sales this week !!!

If this is concrete, were looking at a #2 debut, that is, of course, if every momshell, went out and bought a Whitney cd yesterday !

Then, we'll be looking at #3.

Jetstream
02-14-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm hoping that since Adele's LP has been out a while (hasn't it?, don't care enough to check), and that a majority of the people that would buy Adele have a weak spot for Whitney and will buy Whitney and refrain for now in buying Adele, then Van Halen is actually helped by the recent death of Whitney to slow down the Adele sales. The Whitney tragedy has not had enough time to overrun the Van Halen sales, but enough to dent the Adele sales since that genre of music includes the buyers of Whitney. :) My wishful thinking

jasonA
02-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Does each deluxe version of ADKOT count as 2 sales, since it's 2 discs? I know that's what usually happens for a double album, in terms of counting the actual number of units moved, anyway.

jhale667
02-14-2012, 11:03 AM
I was just e-mailed by a friend that he hears Adele's Grammy performance will push her to about 225k in sales this week !!!

If this is concrete, were looking at a #2 debut, that is, of course, if every momshell, went out and bought a Whitney cd yesterday !

Then, we'll be looking at #3.

Even with Whitney's death - she's got more than one release out there.... do you really think anyone's going to buy enough of ONE to bump VH from the #2 spot? Highly doubtful...

Seshmeister
02-14-2012, 11:19 AM
You would think that maybe the HENBRAINS©®™ who are going to buy a Whitney album because she died are more likely to have been about to buy the Adele album than the Van Halen one.

daveswisdom1984
02-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Well not really there was a ton of saturation at radio-college, retail marketing, cross promotion, press publicity etc. I'm Broken was the First single and video

sadaist
02-14-2012, 03:17 PM
hears Adele's Grammy performance will push her to about 225k in sales this week !!!

I still don't understand & no one has tried to enlighten me as of yet.

Grammy telecast was Sunday night. Billboard sales cutoff is Sunday night at midnight. Are they saying that in the 2 hours (or less) after the Grammys ended that they expected enough buzz from this fat chick to drive people out to their 24-hour Walmart to snap it up as fast as they could? I figure people watch the Grammys in their sweats on the couch with a blanket. Not in any type of mode to head out for some last minute shopping trip for something they can easily get the next day.

Or is it that last 2 hours of online album sales? Either way I don't see it happening that way. If she retains the #1 spot it won't be because of the last 2 hours of Sunday night.

Zing!
02-14-2012, 03:17 PM
According to wiki Adele's '21' came out in January of 2011 in the UK, Feb. of '11 in the US. I didn't realize anyone even watched the Grammy's anymore to make that big of a spike in sales. They're about as relevant as MTV.

sadaist
02-14-2012, 03:21 PM
I got $10 says by next years Grammys we will barely remember Adele.

Dido anyone? Jesus Jones? That young white chick who sang gospel a few years back? The fugly lady from the UK Idol thingy? Serious. Wham bam & gone. Most first time grammy winners are gone faster than Binnie could hit it & quit it with a Las vegas stripper.

I could post a huge long list here....but honestly I forget most the names.

VHscraps
02-14-2012, 04:48 PM
On the news here last night they were saying, hey, Adele has won more Grammys than the Beatles ... I mean, so what!? They give out awards for all sorts of shit now, and it was probably always the safest mainstream stuff that won. I dont know, but I'd guess that when the Beatles were releasing 'Tomorrow Never Knows' or 'Revolution no.9' they were giving all the Grammys to the likes of Herb Alpert.

How many Grammys did the Stones win? Probably zero. Certainly none in their 68-74 peak. That proves how lame it all is.

In any case, Adele is just repackaged Soul. Zero originality. It is successful because it sounds like a distillation of numerous other soul singers before R'n'B disappeared up its own ass - i.e., it harks after 60s / 70s styles.

MUSICMANN
02-14-2012, 04:53 PM
I think it's a safe bet to say, the plump girl is #1 and VH #2 with this.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

FORD
02-14-2012, 04:55 PM

Well..... at least it was the plump girl, and not the dead girl.

DONNIEP
02-14-2012, 04:55 PM
In any case, Adele is just repackaged Soul. Zero originality. It is successful because it sounds like a distillation of numerous other soul singers before R'n'B disappeared up its own ass - i.e., it harks after 60s / 70s styles.

And unfortunately that's why she keeps popping up on my damn Pandora 70s channel :pullinghair:

MUSICMANN
02-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Well..... at least it was the plump girl, and not the dead girl.

Yea, it's very hard to beat out an album that has sold 17 million globally. That's approaching Thriller and a few other albums.

Jetstream
02-14-2012, 05:00 PM
here is the amazing thing, that Van Halen can be at number 2 and there is not a damn story about them on billboard...wow

Unchainme
02-14-2012, 05:00 PM
jesus christ does adele suck.

i can't wait till her 15 minutes are over.m

Every fucking time I turn on the radio, one of her terrible ass songs are on.

sadaist
02-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Just sucks man. Fucking sucks hard. So tired of hearing how certain albums hit #1 while the previous 6 didn't. I really hoped we'd get this win to take that one thing away from them & shut them up for good.

I know, I know. In the whole scope of things it's small potatoes. Still would be nice though. And who doesn't like small potatoes?

sadaist
02-14-2012, 05:02 PM
here is the amazing thing, that Van Halen can be at number 2 and there is not a damn story about them on billboard...wow

The Ron Paul of the music world.

VHscraps
02-14-2012, 05:02 PM

Adele saw a 102% rise in sales this week, according to that link. On any other week, the album woulda probably made it to the top.

Unchainme
02-14-2012, 05:04 PM
I recall some reviewer I'm a big fan of going on about how great adele was, and how "Her record was the first in years that people bought purely because it was a record, and not one of just singles"

fucking bullshit.

the people that buy that shit ARE THE PEOPLE THAT BUY IT JUST FOR THE SINGLES.

Just fucking tired of her, and if my favorite band could have knocked her ass off the charts, even better

Luke D
Who really cares? Not hitting #1 does not change the fact that this is an incredible album.

Unchainme
Adele saw a 102% rise in sales this week, according to that link. On any other week, the album woulda probably made it to the top.

doesn't help that CBS and the Grammy's elevated her as this huge thing. (which she is not)

If Van Halen had appeared during the telecast in her place, she would not even have been talked about.

conmee
02-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Brethren and Sistren,

You know, if VH and the label would have led off with a stronger single and released the album 3-4 weeks ago to kick off new year, this would never have happened (assuming it happens tomorrow).

That is all.

Icon~

P.S. Nowadays everyone gets an award, especially the mediocre. Awards are also given out to avoid hurting feelings (one of the few appealing things about American Idol used to be Simon destroying the talentless and clueless...how life really is but I digress). Not too concerned about Grammys and Halls of Fame and such, it's all horseshit. Great if you win or get in, but so much garbage also receives accolades, simply diminishes the distinction. And as if the Grammys (or Rhianna) needed another black eye to prove how worthless the honor is, Chris Brown winning is disgraceful. Matter of fact, 95% of all the awards hip hop artists receive makes it a disgrace. And I'm not a hater, I like some of it, but Christ/Satan Almighty, it doesn't take much anymore for someone to win other than to move a lot of units, kill at ProTools/AutoTune, and beat women. Fuck it. We're doomed.

jhale667
02-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Top 5 would've been beyond respectable. Number 2 in the face of a full-on multimedia blitz for Adele? Still not too shabby at all, and ties w/ 1984 out of the box, does it not?

Jetstream
thank God Dave pushed for Interscope records, because Interscope and Van Halen have had to promote this LP basically on their own. Van Halen has gotten hardly no love from the music industry without pushing a hot cattle prod to the industry's ass...full of bad pop, mainstream, crap music, and its agenda routine of the likes of Adele

sadaist
Who really cares? Not hitting #1 does not change the fact that this is an incredible album.

TRUTH

The one thing about hitting #1 is I think more people who aren't fans might have bought it just to be in the "in crowd".

Anyways, any chance of it hitting #1 in it's second week? Or does that type thing not happen really? Sorry, don't ever pay attention to charts so not sure the precedence of that happening.

guwapo_rocker
02-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Hitting #2 on the strength of Tattoo, the weakest track on the album imo, is pretty darn good.

Release another single, we'll tip that cow.

MUSICMANN
02-14-2012, 05:20 PM
TRUTH

The one thing about hitting #1 is I think more people who aren't fans might have bought it just to be in the "in crowd".

Anyways, any chance of it hitting #1 in it's second week? Or does that type thing not happen really? Sorry, don't ever pay attention to charts so not sure the precedence of that happening.

It definitely can happen, if VH releases another single that just hits the public in all the right places. The Way i look at it, life is a bitch and not perfect. Back in 84 VH went against Thriller and now in 2012 they went up against a artist that has one of the biggest selling albums ever, and will be put in the same category as Thriller and a few others. What i really hope is that ADKOT has some legs that can run through the tour and reach a platinum status, which is very hard to do nowadays for a rock album.

VHscraps
02-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Not so confident it will go up, or stay up. Adele is clearly shifting big numbers week in, week out.

Looking at that chart it seems like last week's straight in at #2, Lana Del Rey, dropped to #16 - a 65% drop in sales if you read across the chart. I'm not that great at calculations, but I'd guess that she went straight in at #2 last week with about half the sales of ADKOT, and sold about 26,000 this week.

Kinda proves the point that in any other week the sales of ADKOT would have been enough. If Adele has has a 102% rise in sales this week, that means she held the #1 spot last week with sales of 120,000 -well short of what VH sold this week.

She got a real boost with all that coverage. Next week Whitney will be #1.

Jetstream
02-14-2012, 05:27 PM
they need to release She's The Woman, Stay Frosty or You And Your Blues...they have a couple of big guns on the USS Different Kind Of Truth, and they need to fire a few to clear the shore before they assault the beach on the tour

guwapo_rocker
02-14-2012, 05:28 PM
doesn't help that CBS and the Grammy's elevated her as this huge thing. (which she is not)

If Van Halen had appeared during the telecast in her place, she would not even have been talked about.

Now c'mon, she has sold millions of records, I understand your frustration but that's silly.......

Yount
02-14-2012, 05:29 PM
It's a world of fools, at least that's what's expected
None of them know it or even suspect it

You know it's all about certain triggers.
VH look a "tad" too old for mainstream success (sorry Dave 'n' boys)
The single "Tattoo" is too well crafted lyrically for the masses
The whole album is too well crafted lyrically for the masses
Some people hear a guitar solo and say: "That is so like 80's/dinosaur band"

If Dave was singing about love n relationships n break ups n self-absorbed shit (in simpler phrases too) then they'd have a shot.

Have you ever loaded sheep onto the back of a truck, or moved them from paddock to paddock?
As soon as one goes in, the rest follow.

kingedward
02-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Brethren and Sistren,

You know, if VH and the label would have led off with a stronger single and released the album 3-4 weeks ago to kick off new year, this would never have happened (assuming it happens tomorrow).

That is all.

Icon~

P.S. Nowadays everyone gets an award, especially the mediocre. Awards are also given out to avoid hurting feelings (one of the few appealing things about American Idol used to be Simon destroying the talentless and clueless...how life really is but I digress). Not too concerned about Grammys and Halls of Fame and such, it's all horseshit. Great if you win or get in, but so much garbage also receives accolades, simply diminishes the distinction. And as if the Grammys (or Rhianna) needed another black eye to prove how worthless the honor is, Chris Brown winning is disgraceful. Matter of fact, 95% of all the awards hip hop artists receive makes it a disgrace. And I'm not a hater, I like some of it, but Christ/Satan Almighty, it doesn't take much anymore for someone to win other than to move a lot of units, kill at ProTools/AutoTune, and beat women. Fuck it. We're doomed.

I agree, Not hitting us with Shes The Women, Or Outta Space, And being on the Grammy Pre-show would have helped build early buzz. Doing Blood And Fire would have blown the roof off that place. Also releasing the LP a bit sooner would have helped I think.

gbranton
02-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Yea, it's very hard to beat out an album that has sold 17 million globally. That's approaching Thriller and a few other albums.

Aproaching Thriller? Not even fucking close my friend. Thriller has sold 110 MILLION copies worldwide. She ain't a pimple on Thriller's ass yet.

Roth & Roll
02-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Aproaching Thriller? Not even fucking close my friend. Thriller has sold 110 MILLION copies worldwide. She ain't a pimple on Thriller's ass yet.

17 million albums sold in its first year is indeed approaching Thriller's sales during the same time frame.

It took Thriller an additional 28 years to reach 110 million copies sold worldwide.

I would even argue that Adele's sales of "21" are even more impressive than those of "Thriller" during its first year based on the fact that the music industry has changed drastically since 1983. People just don't buy albums like they used to. Free Internet downloads weren't available back in 1983-84.

Whether you like her music or not, you've got to give her credit. She's released two albums and both have sold beyond anyone's imagination.

chi-town324
02-14-2012, 06:40 PM
nobody wants to rock anymore..they want candy coated bullshit

damngoodtimes
02-14-2012, 07:23 PM
I bet Adele doesn't have a doorbell sign that says, "Bring it, or don't ring it!"

BenJammin
02-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Man, talk about bad timing. So this is the only chance to go #1 ? Do the sales always drop after the crest ?

gbranton
02-14-2012, 07:37 PM
I bet Adele doesn't have a doorbell sign that says, "Bring it, or don't ring it!"

She does if you're the pizza guy.

guwapo_rocker
02-14-2012, 07:38 PM
They need to release another single. I don't even listen to Tattoo anymore, so

it's probably not driving sales that much. A new single on the radio would help.

wiseguy
02-14-2012, 08:10 PM

:lmao:

ELVIS
02-14-2012, 08:11 PM
they need to release She's The Woman

No way is that song chart material...

You and Your Blues and Blood and Fire are the hits...

VHscraps
02-14-2012, 08:18 PM
'You and Your Blues' is really growing on me - even the naysayers who have been crying, 'it's not Van Halen - where are Mike's backing vocals' would be saying, 'er, Mike who?!'

guwapo_rocker
02-14-2012, 08:18 PM
You and Your Blues and Blood and Fire are the hits...

Agreed, and the sooner the better.

I'd also be happy with Big River, The Trouble with Never.....well almost anything to be honest.

Just do it now.

degüello
02-14-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't get all the Tattoo complaints. I think it's a great first single: quick-pleasing, fun, and straight to the point. I was smiling with glee as the riff and mega-groove hit me hard, hearing it for the first time, cranked in my car. Dave kills it in the verse, and in the chorus especially, and it's a monster riff and solo from Eddie. (Also love the hints of And The Cradle... and Hear About It Later in the guitar leads and vocal lines.)

guwapo_rocker
02-14-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't get all the Tattoo complaints. I think it's a great first single: quick-pleasing, fun, and straight to the point. I was smiling with glee as the riff and mega-groove hit me hard, hearing it for the first time, cranked in my car. Dave kills it in the verse, and in the chorus especially, and it's a monster riff and solo from Eddie. (Also love the hints of And The Cradle... and Hear About It Later in the guitar leads and vocal lines.)

Dunno, I don't hate it, I just like EVERYTHING else that much more.

VHscraps
02-14-2012, 08:27 PM
I love 'Tattoo' as well, and I don't get where all the lame-o opinions on it out there are comin' from. It's not the hardest / heaviest tune on the album, but it's just a damn good song.

DaveTheScott
02-14-2012, 08:31 PM
We all know that by this time (Grammy time) next year that ADKOT will have gone double platinum, the tour will be somewhere in australia or germany or some shit, and Van Halen will win 10 or so fucking awards.

I'm happy for Adele and all the other award winners - happy for them because they're lucky this album didn't come out six months ago. If it had, no one would have been going home with shit except =VH=. Dave's sheep dog would have been best new artist.

guwapo_rocker
02-14-2012, 08:43 PM
They did play "She's The Woman" around 4pm today here in Toronto. The played a shitload of classic Van Halen all day.

Sadly they also played a shitload of Van h***r.

Last played Tattoo around midnight last night.

Marcus
02-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Agreed, Tattoo is a cool song. The one thing that could have been better was the official video. That didn't make a great impression on people. The other thing is the mix on ADKOT. The material is awesome but the mix sounds very compressed or "brickwalled" as some have mentioned. But it's still way better than what other classic rock bands are doing.

Anyway I thought Boold And Fire was the next single. Maybe next month? What's the life span of a typical single anyway?

Panamark
02-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Surely Interscope would have known about the whole Grammy/Adele thing ?
They either dont care about number 1 or it was a major oversight.

For them to be number 2 in this situation is still awesome.
I think the only reason we gave a shit about this was to bang yet
another nail in the Van Hagar coffin, not to worry, theres still plenty of nails
to hammer in !

Zing!
02-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Can't help but wonder if 'Blood & Fire' had been the first single - and released with a more palatable video for the masses - instead of 'Tattoo' if we'd even be having this conversation or wondering who was going to take the #1 spot. My feeling is it would have been no contest with 'Blood & Fire'...or 'The Trouble With Never' for that matter. Or 'Stay Frosty.' Or 'You And Your Blues.' 'Tattoo' seems to have turned off a lot of rock fans who instantly judge an entire record by a single song.

guwapo_rocker
02-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Can't help but wonder if 'Blood & Fire' had been the first single - and released with a more palatable video for the masses - instead of 'Tattoo' if we'd even be having this conversation or wondering who was going to take the #1 spot. My feeling is it would have been no contest with 'Blood & Fire'...or 'The Trouble With Never' for that matter. Or 'Stay Frosty.' Or 'You And Your Blues.' 'Tattoo' seems to have turned off a lot of rock fans who instantly judge an entire record by a single song.

I agree, I don't dislike the song, I just think they could have chosen a better first single.

Hey we'll get #1 rock album :)

Panamark
02-14-2012, 09:21 PM
I must be one of the rare people that still rate Tattoo very highely.
Gave me the same chills as Me Wise magic did..

However I can see the arguement for Blood and Fire being the first single .

Whatever happens, at the end of the day we got exactly what we wanted.

Hey and now I know what an Adele is, and definately know I dont want
to buy her album. Sounds like something my Mother would listen to,
not a middle aged man in denial, that still loves his metal !!!

kingedward
02-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Looks like we may come up short. Fuck'n bummed, #2 is cool, But it ain't #1.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08864m01

sadaist
02-14-2012, 09:40 PM

OMFG!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

conmee
02-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Brethren and Sistren,

Here's the thing: Tattoo isn't a BAD™©® song PER SE™©®. It's just that it was superfucking UNDERWHELMING™©® in the face of all the ANTICIPATION™©® and pent-up FRUSTRATION™©® of the past 28 years. I think some OLD SCHOOL FANS™©® that heard TATTOO™©® thought, and RIGHTFULLY SO™©®... "MEH™©®!!!"

I heard it and thought, "Fuck! Ok, not bad, but this is not the CUMBACK™©® I was anticipating. Then the snippets came out and I felt more CONFIDENT™©® and EXCITED™©® about the release. Then I get the ALBUM™©® and the rest is history.

Point being, I know some guys at a local auto dealership down here. Guys my age and some younger guys in the service department. And they are always blaring Metallica, Pantera, Ozzy, Van Halen, Motley Fucking Crue, and newer COOKIE-CUTTER™©® shit... Tool/Korn/Linkin/Foo/WStripes/Etc. Anyhow, I visited the shop, and asked who wants to go to the concert. A UNANIMOUS NO THANKS™©®!!!!! Seriously? You bitches don't want to go?!!?! "Naw, man, we heard Tattoo and some snippets, just don't cut it." So... I feel like someone just called MY BABY™©® ugly... I come back a week later with the new disc and put it in the shop stereo. Start cranking up She's The Woman, and by the time HBSD was done, most of the shop was ready to buy a block of seats for the Vegas show.

These guys like, not LOVE™©®, Classic Van Halen. They are aware enough of all the drama and soap opera bullshit to have only a passing interest in the band anymore. Many thought Dave was completely bald coke addict and Edward was still in rehab making pornos (no, not soundtracks, a couple guys "heard" he was IN a porno). WHAT THE FUCK™©®?!?!?

So my point is that it's THESE FANS™©®, the guys with a passing interest who would have been BLOWN AWAY™©® had they first been EXPOSED™©® to a NUTKICKING™©® single. Tattoo could have been the second, third, fourth single. Fine by me. But as the first single, it was a MISCALCULATION™©®.

And let's face it, the SOLO™©® isn't as punchy as the rest of the songs, and the "Tattoo, Tattoo" chorus is weak unless you're Gwapo's or some other Brethren's daycare/grade school age daughters singing along. It just slogs along, and doesn't seem completely fleshed out like ATCWR. But let me not digress, I listen to Tattoo and don't generally skip it, but seriously, it is the weakest of a HUGENORMOUS™©® ROCK COLLECTION™©®. And that choice of single, along with the release date not being a few weeks earlier in the year, all contribute to a No. 2 debut.

That is all.

Icon™©®

sadaist
02-14-2012, 09:45 PM
I don't get all the Tattoo complaints.

You want the real truth?

We all listened to it while watching that crappy video they made. So the video made it sound worse than it is. If you can forget about the video & just listen to the song it's great. Hard to unsee things though. First impressions & all.

Plus, as well, another thing, & also....the very first listen we got was a 30 second clip that was the worst 30 sec clip you could pick to represent the song. Again, first impressions linger.