X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homburg
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jan 2004

Meeting Diamond Dave in 1988 & 1994

In 1988 my friends and I went to the album party for skyscraper, at the Hard Rock Cafe in New York City. While inside at a table as the live broadcast was happening upstairs, a fellow walks by and puts two VIP tickets on the table and tells us to go up and enjoy. We Did. The bar area was crowded after the live broadcast, but I did manage to say hello to Dave as he walked out. The picture was taken outside Dave`s hotel hours later and he was amicable, talkative and funny, he would be on Howard Stern the next morning.

In 1994, I get a call, at home, from a friend, that Dave is hanging out at McSorley`s Old Ale House, NYC oldest saloon, with a friend. Quickly my friends and I head for the city, luckily Dave was still there and I got a chance to chat, and have him sign the back of the 1988 picture (tried to upload but two is the limit) The picture was taken outside of Mcsorley`s, Again Dave was cheerful and full of humor. YFLM was released about a month later. (I just thought I would share this the Army, I`am on the left in both pictures.
    Attached Files
  • degüello
    Sniper
    • Mar 2004

Very cool, thanks for sharing. Great story and pics.
    "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• LUDWIG USA
      Groupie
      • Apr 2009

That's pretty cool to hook up twice with the diamond one! Never once have I heard anybody say they have met Dave and he wasn't friendly.

Comment

• Zing!
        Veteran
        • Oct 2011

I hope and dream that this shit happens every single time that I walk into a Hard Rock. Have had some cool (and unusually off-limits) times in a Hard Rock, but still waiting for that chance, one-in-a-million Dave encounter. You lucky bastard!
        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...