PDA

View Full Version : Interscope Props!

redblkwht
02-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Hey a big thank you to them & a smart last minute decision by the band, they really did a terrific job
with this package/promoting and getting the word out. Just looking at the net, they are everywhere
and to me thats where they belong..I'm glad our fave band are getting their due respect, it really
is one HELL of a cd!!

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL & =VH=:sign0011::eatit::rockit:

ZahZoo
02-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Huge thanks to Interscope!!

Had the band signed with Capitol/Sony I don't think we'd be seeing half of what's occurred the last several weeks.

twobad
02-13-2012, 12:15 PM
I heard Adam Carolla doing advertisements on two separate occasions on his recent podcasts. VH RULES!

vandeleur
02-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Hey a big thank you to them & a smart last minute decision by the band, they really did a terrific job
with this package/promoting and getting the word out. Just looking at the net, they are everywhere
and to me thats where they belong..I'm glad our fave band are getting their due respect, it really
is one HELL of a cd!!

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL & =VH=:sign0011::eatit::rockit:

what he said :thumb:

Mr Walker
02-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Huge thanks to Interscope!!

Had the band signed with Capitol/Sony I don't think we'd be seeing half of what's occurred the last several weeks.

After hearing how Sony just upped all the prices on Whitney Houston music, I am extra glad that VH shunned them.

kingedward
02-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Yes, Between Sept/Feb, It was a helluva ride, Thanks to the DLRARMY, For those little bits of info I could'nt get anywhere else. With out that, The wait would have much, much tougher. Now we have a MASSIVE new album, All worth it. Hope the next one goes easier on us just the same.

Big Fat Sammy
02-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Yes, Between Sept/Feb, It was a helluva ride, Thanks to the DLRARMY, For those little bits of info I could'nt get anywhere else. With out that, The wait would have much, much tougher. Now we have a MASSIVE new album, All worth it. Hope the next one goes easier on us just the same.

Well said, same here. DLR ARMY has been my one stop shop for years.

Hardrock69
02-14-2012, 02:16 AM
after hearing how sony just upped all the prices on whitney houston music, i am extra glad that vh shunned them.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!

Sony raised the prices on Whitney Houston music?

Is this true?

Guess it is!

WORTHLESS GODDAMNABLE FUCKS! :mad:

Not just Sony...but iTunes as well. Fucking asshole fuck motherfuckers! :mad:

VanHalener
02-14-2012, 02:41 AM
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!

Sony raised the prices on Whitney Houston music?

Is this true?

Guess it is!

WORTHLESS GODDAMNABLE FUCKS! :mad:

Not just Sony...but iTunes as well. Fucking asshole fuck motherfuckers! :mad:

Mankind can leave the planet and dance on the moon, but if you take up your average Joe, his head would still be so far up his arse he could not see the moonlight.

~It's a damned shame~

Hardrock69
02-14-2012, 02:49 AM
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/tech/iTunes-Sony-Raise-Prices-on-Whitney-Houston-Albums-Songs-139249448.html

Whitney Houston albums somehow, for some reason, cost about $5 more on iTunes than they did before the famed singer was found dead Saturday at the age of 48, according to multiple reports.

Hmm.

DigitalSpy and several United Kingdom news sources were among the first to report that copies of Houston's "Ultimate Collection" album were selling for $12.60 on Monday, exactly $4.70 more than what they sold for prior to Houston's death.

Apple representatives did not comment. Sony Music was accused of profiteering after the price of Houston's album was jacked up 60 percent at around 4 a.m. California time on Sunday, according to the UK Guardian. By Monday, the album was back to its regular price, the newspaper reported.

Sony Music raised the wholesale price of Houston's back catalog in what fans called a "cynical ploy."

Right now, it's possible to grab Houston favorites for more-reasonable sums. For single songs, Houston's arguably most-famous hit, "I Will Always Love You" from "The Bodyguard" soundtrack, sells for $0.69. Nearly every other Houston track sells for $1.29.

Copies of "The Basics," a 15-track Greatest Hits album, will set you back $18.45. It's not immediately clear what the record cost prior to her death, but $18.45 is comparatively steep among iTunes album prices.

Houston titles are, predictably, some of the best-selling items on iTunes right now.

FORD
02-14-2012, 02:50 AM
I've never owned a Whitney Houston album, and never will, but goddamn that's some fucked up greed right there.

sadaist
02-14-2012, 03:26 AM
Don't blame Apple. They don't set the pricings. Yes a bunch of greedy bullshit...but basic demand setting price no?

redblkwht
02-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Well said, same here. DLR ARMY has been my one stop shop for years.Same here bro,

Back to the subject fellas..:notme:

FORD
02-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Don't blame Apple. They don't set the pricings. Yes a bunch of greedy bullshit...but basic demand setting price no?

The old supply & demand laws really don't apply when it comes to Itunes. Since they aren't selling anything physical, the "supply" is unlimited. And I think Apple has plenty of computers laying around, if they need to put an additional server or two online.

Zing!
02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Speaking of Interscope - has anyone snatched up one of those 2.07.12 or OUT NOW promo posters yet for ADKOT or any retail displays? I've seen a couple promo posters pop up on ebay - but I'd be more apt to buy one if they were made available from DDE here at the Army or at the Van Halen Store. I need one of those framed and hanging in the Garage Majal pronto! I suppose they will be available at the concerts - but damn after waiting all this time for the album, waiting for anything else VH related sucks the big one. One things for sure, at the 5/19 show I'll be loading up on stickers, patches, tour books, posters, keychains, hats, t-shirts, buttons...

sadaist
02-14-2012, 03:31 PM
The old supply & demand laws really don't apply when it comes to Itunes. Since they aren't selling anything physical, the "supply" is unlimited. And I think Apple has plenty of computers laying around, if they need to put an additional server or two online.

Go back Ford. I was very careful NOT to add the word 'supply' to my post. Demand. When more people want something, of course prices will go up. Usually to a point of as high as possible before interfering with sales. If you can sell something for more money, and still sell just as many....fucking A do it! It's not overpriced until you hit that point of losing sales.

Yeah, it's kinda fucked up how they did it & all. But I understand. Not like they will be getting any money from NEW Whitney stuff anytime soon. Might as well milk what they got during this small window of opportunity until the next person dies.

I can't wait for G&R Chinese Democracy to cost $45.

FORD
02-14-2012, 03:40 PM
The reason prices go up when the demand is high, is because of supply. Sometimes the supply shortage is real, like for example when CD's first appeared on the market in 1983 and cost $30, because there was only one or two factories on the planet who actually made them. And sometimes the "shortage" is absolutely fake and manufactured (see any so called "oil shortage" of the last 30 years, or the Gold Mansacks created "rice shortage" from a few years ago).

If Sony suddenly had to press a few million Whitney Houston CD's and had to screw up their production lines and interrrupt the release of current CD's to do so, they could almost make a legitimate case for this, though I can't believe there aren't millions of copies of her albums already in the stores and warehouses as it is.

But digital copies on an Itunes server?? That's a "virtual" demand increase, not a real one, as no real product is involved. No justification for a price increase whatsoever.

SNIPER
02-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Speaking of Interscope - has anyone snatched up one of those 2.07.12 or OUT NOW promo posters yet for ADKOT or any retail displays? I've seen a couple promo posters pop up on ebay - but I'd be more apt to buy one if they were made available from DDE here at the Army or at the Van Halen Store. I need one of those framed and hanging in the Garage Majal pronto! I suppose they will be available at the concerts - but damn after waiting all this time for the album, waiting for anything else VH related sucks the big one. One things for sure, at the 5/19 show I'll be loading up on stickers, patches, tour books, posters, keychains, hats, t-shirts, buttons...

Funny you say that. I just got back from getting 5 of those posters.

Zing!
02-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Funny you say that. I just got back from getting 5 of those posters.

This reminds me of that old Gary Larson 'Far Side' cartoon with the guy walking down sidewalk with two armadillos under his arm. A beggar on the street is asking people: "Spare an armadillo?" And the guy with the two armadillos is thinking: "Dang. How am I going to get past THIS guy?"

SNIPER
02-14-2012, 07:13 PM
This reminds me of that old Gary Larson 'Far Side' cartoon with the guy walking down sidewalk with two armadillos under his arm. A beggar on the street is asking people: "Spare an armadillo?" And the guy with the two armadillos is thinking: "Dang. How am I going to get past THIS guy?"

Haha..Totally! ..I had to re-stock my bands cd's in 5 stores today so I was able to get a poster from each store.

sadaist
02-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Since the subject of VH swag is on....anyone know where I can get the bumper sticker that says "...I can barely see the road"?

I really, really want a few of those.

sadaist
02-14-2012, 09:59 PM
But digital copies on an Itunes server?? That's a "virtual" demand increase, not a real one, as no real product is involved. No justification for a price increase whatsoever.

Point well taken and I agree wholeheartedly. Imagine how fucking cool & how much good publicity they would get if they said in honor of Whitney's passing, ALL her downloads will be 1/2 price for the next week. And then close it with a "Thank you Whitney for all the greatness". (She did make them a boatload of dough over the years)

BITEYOASS
02-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Everything at Sony is overpriced. Especially the PS3, in which the starting price was between $500-600 dollars! WTF?!?!

ZahZoo
02-15-2012, 08:33 AM
You ladies couldn't stay on subject to save your lives... So much for showing appreciation to the new label that made most of this crazy shit in 2012 possible. :thumb: