X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BARE BONE
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2004

VAN HALEN Finalize Sequence For 'The Best of Both Worlds'

VAN HALEN have finalized the song sequence for "The Best Of Both Worlds", the two-CD retrospective they'll release on July 20, according to Launch Radio Networks. The sequence has changed considerably since the track listing was first revealed — instead of a mostly chronological running order, the album now mixes up songs from the David Lee Roth era with selections from Sammy Hagar's tenure. Also, the three newly recorded songs — "It's About Time", "Up For Breakfast", and "Learning To See" — have been moved from late in the second disc to the beginning of the first disc.

"The Best Of Both Worlds" track listing:

Disc One:

01. Eruption
    02. It's About Time
    03. Up For Breakfast
    04. Learning To See
    05. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    06. Finish What Ya Started
    07. You Really Got Me
    08. Dreams
    09. Hot For Teacher
    10. Poundcake
    11. And The Cradle Will Rock
    12. Black And Blue
    13. Jump
    14. Top Of The World
    15. (Oh) Pretty Woman
    16. Love Walks In
    17. Beautiful Girls
    18. Can't Stop Lovin' You
    19. Unchained

Disc Two:

01. Panama
    02. Best Of Both Worlds
    03. Jamie's Cryin'
    04. Runaround
    05. I'll Wait
    06. Why Can't This Be Love
    07. Runnin' With The Devil
    08. When It's Love
    09. Dancin' In The Street
    10. Not Enough
    11. Feels So Good
    12. Right Now
    13. Everybody Wants Some
    14. Dance The Night Away
    15. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love (live)
    16. Panama (live)
    17. Jump (live)

Sorry if this was already posted.
    Everytime I think I've reached the buttom someone hands me a shovel.
  • DLR_EngineRoom
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Anyone who severely disagrees with VH releasing Dave's stuff by Sammy (LIVE), see my signature info below.....
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• L.S.D.

hmmmm, that is interesting....I like how they end the Jump riff and then go into top Of the World.

Comment

• moose
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

I still ain't buying this piece o crap!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

I made my own best of from the 6 pack and it's amazing.

It spilled all over my stereo and ruined the rest of my record collection.

Comment

• Full Bug
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Dancin' In The Street? I thought Eddie HATED that song? Who cares anyway, I aint buying it....
            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

"The Best Of Both Worlds" track listing:

Disc One:

01. Eruption
              02. It's About Time
              03. Up For Breakfast
              04. Learning To See
              05. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
              06. Finish What Ya Started
              07. You Really Got Me
              08. Dreams
              09. Hot For Teacher
              10. Poundcake
              11. And The Cradle Will Rock
              12. Black And Blue
              13. Jump
              14. Top Of The World
              15. (Oh) Pretty Woman
              16. Love Walks In
              17. Beautiful Girls
              18. Can't Stop Lovin' You
              19. Unchained

Disc Two:

01. Panama
              02. Best Of Both Worlds
              03. Jamie's Cryin'
              04. Runaround
              05. I'll Wait
              06. Why Can't This Be Love
              07. Runnin' With The Devil
              08. When It's Love
              09. Dancin' In The Street
              10. Not Enough
              11. Feels So Good
              12. Right Now
              13. Everybody Wants Some
              14. Dance The Night Away
              15. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love (live)
              16. Panama (live)
              17. Jump (live)

Why oh why is Dreams in between YRGM and Hot For Teacher? WTF?!
              "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

and of course Ed's solo masterpiece has to be on EVERY single Best Of... Egocentric anyone? Maybe Ed could actualy do something more creative than trying to RE-do his own work. Jesus Christ, its sickening to read between the Van Halen lines nowadays.. $$$, thats what they are all about. Thank GOD for memories.
                "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Full Bug
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Hey Big Troubles, since you seem to be a donor, could you spare a kidney? I could use the extra one.....
                  Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

The only thing I can't spare is my liver. I need that for my Coors!

Comment

• Mezro
                      Full Member Status

• May 2004

Fuck the track listing, fuck mixing Van Halen and Van Hagar together, fuck Eddie, fuck WB, fuck Fatty and his secret sauce anal stash, fuck any tosser whore who buys this piece of shit, fuck Jump ass humping Top of The World, fuck Sam the two stroke and I'm done Scam, fuck the shitty packaging, fuck Al looking like a Vulcan behind the drum kit (can he go back in time and mind meld with a whale?), fuck the 3 new songs, fuck any future work with Hagar, fuck golden circle sheep looking for a sweaty pick to lick, fuck 5150 beer wraps, fuck Cabo anything, fuck red rocking, red heads, Redd Foxx, the Red Sox, bagels and smoked lox, small pox, a red assed lummox, Annie Lenox, Lennox Lewis, Jerry Lewis, blonde jerry curls, the replacement Curly in the shitty 3 Stooges movie, 57 year old singers who think they are groovy, day old gravy, Wavy Gravy (child performing arts camp...please), Macy Gray, Greedo shooting first, moist towelettes, troweling your underpants after watching Smurfette, French flight attendants with baguettes, Sammy in a beret, Gary Cherone in a play (Jesus Christ never had anal beads), crack whores who smoke Dinty Moore, the thick discharge of Zsa Zsa Gabor, pubic lice that pelvic thrust while drinking Volvic, Voltron, Voltaire, Thomas Dolby, wheat thins and colby, canapes and SPAM, lizard gizzard and rectal jam, a sonogram suntan, fisting while playing Twister with your cyst riddled sister and (drum roll please) the fat lady singing...when the songs are really meant to be sung by DLR !

Mezro...think my roids just exploded
                      Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Dr. Love
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Interestingly enough, with the exception of tracks 3 & 4, the order appears (at a glance) to go Roth/Hagar over and over.
                        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• tjvhou812
                          Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                          and of course Ed's solo masterpiece has to be on EVERY single Best Of... Egocentric anyone? Maybe Ed could actualy do something more creative than trying to RE-do his own work. Jesus Christ, its sickening to read between the Van Halen lines nowadays.. $$$, thats what they are all about. Thank GOD for memories.
                          who cares ed is king, period
                          Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by tjvhou812
                            who cares ed is king, period
                            Right, I guess I forgot. Zzzzzz.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
                              Fuck the track listing, fuck mixing Van Halen and Van Hagar together, fuck Eddie, fuck WB, fuck Fatty and his secret sauce anal stash, fuck any tosser whore who buys this piece of shit, fuck Jump ass humping Top of The World, fuck Sam the two stroke and I'm done Scam, fuck the shitty packaging, fuck Al looking like a Vulcan behind the drum kit (can he go back in time and mind meld with a whale?), fuck the 3 new songs, fuck any future work with Hagar, fuck golden circle sheep looking for a sweaty pick to lick, fuck 5150 beer wraps, fuck Cabo anything, fuck red rocking, red heads, Redd Foxx, the Red Sox, bagels and smoked lox, small pox, a red assed lummox, Annie Lenox, Lennox Lewis, Jerry Lewis, blonde jerry curls, the replacement Curly in the shitty 3 Stooges movie, 57 year old singers who think they are groovy, day old gravy, Wavy Gravy (child performing arts camp...please), Macy Gray, Greedo shooting first, moist towelettes, troweling your underpants after watching Smurfette, French flight attendants with baguettes, Sammy in a beret, Gary Cherone in a play (Jesus Christ never had anal beads), crack whores who smoke Dinty Moore, the thick discharge of Zsa Zsa Gabor, pubic lice that pelvic thrust while drinking Volvic, Voltron, Voltaire, Thomas Dolby, wheat thins and colby, canapes and SPAM, lizard gizzard and rectal jam, a sonogram suntan, fisting while playing Twister with your cyst riddled sister and (drum roll please) the fat lady singing...when the songs are really meant to be sung by DLR !

Mezro...think my roids just exploded
                              Holy fuck, by far one of the best roid explosions in quite some time.

Comment

Working...