PDA

View Full Version : How far will you travel to see the 2012 VH tour?

guwapo_rocker
02-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Are any of you road tripping for the tour? Are you travelling just because the

tour is a great excuse to do so, or out of necessity?

I will be travelling to Buffalo to hook up with some fellow Army members in March,

and then flying 2200 miles to see them in Vegas in May. And if they add a Cleveland

show, well, that is mandatory for many of us who have met there twice before for

DLR at the house of blues and Van Halen at the Q. Cleveland gets a bad rap in my opinion,

we had a blast on both occasions and I can't wait to go back.

I have decided that if they hit any one of the following, I am in for at least one of them:

Hong Kong, Sydney Australia, Manilla Philippines.

That is if they ever figure out that "World" includes more than just North America :D

So, how far will you be travelling this tour? :clap:

Va Beach VH Fan
02-18-2012, 04:25 PM
You're gonna have to beat 2360 miles, Norfolk to Los Angeles......

kwame k
02-18-2012, 04:28 PM
So far I'm just hitting the show in Auburn Hills at The Palace......45 miles!

If things work out with work and life I might hit another show but for now I just can't wait for Monday!

guwapo_rocker
02-18-2012, 04:29 PM

Got me by that much :D

So this is love
02-18-2012, 04:49 PM
60 miles for me....and so far that will be it for this tour but who knows I may get lucky down the road and end up in the same area code as the VH due to my work.

gbranton
02-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Since I am going to Atlanta, I suppose the answer is 350 miles one way. That's about ten hours of driving there and back.

Dan
02-18-2012, 05:21 PM

Beat It By 5,000 Miles,Just Saying.:D

Va Beach VH Fan
02-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Beat It By 5,000 Miles,Just Saying.:D

You're all talk.... ;)

perrin29
02-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Flying but the original plan was driving to CT. 800 miles each way.

gbranton
02-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Flying but the original plan was driving to CT. 800 miles each way.

Much more impressive than flying across the country. Driving has become such a pain in the ass these days because the roads are crowded with lazy, inconsiderate, inattentive, ignorant, selfish assholes who have never learned anything about driving other than where the key goes, where the gas goes and how to point the car vaguely in the intended direction.

twonabomber
02-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Buffalo and TO.

Detroit is out, unfortunately.

BITEYOASS
02-18-2012, 09:24 PM
282 miles to Nashville

Romeo Delight
02-18-2012, 10:14 PM

If I come to Greensboro that will be 2308.09 as the crow flies...call it even...

adena dodds
02-18-2012, 10:24 PM
5 miles tops. Less than 10 mins. away. The only time I have ever traveled to see a show was to see Dave solo in Acron, Ohio...that Devil tour with the Devils pissing out Jack Daniels from the stage...We got backstage to that one. Prior to that, in 10th. grade we went to see Def Lepard in Erie. That's about it. I like to stay local. I'm a hometown kinda girl. In fact I've never moved out of my parents house at 46 yrs.old...Holly would if she could! ha,ha,ha. I'm like Dorothy from the wizzard of OZ...There's no place like home...click,click,click. I've got alot of toys in the attic up here where I dwell...wanna come up and see? Wanna come out and play? hee,hee,hee. Wait, how far is it down Daves pants? I'd do some traveling for that! Or how far is it from section 7 on the floor to the stage? You know I'll be traveling that night! I better put on some roller blades even though I can't even stand up in them! Ha,ha,ha.

I will be travelling to Buffalo to hook up with some fellow Army members in March,

and then flying 2200 miles to see them in Vegas in May. And if they add a Cleveland

show, well, that is mandatory for many of us who have met there twice before for

DLR at the house of blues and Van Halen at the Q. Cleveland gets a bad rap in my opinion,

I have decided that if they hit any one of the following, I am in for at least one of them:

That is if they ever figure out that "World" includes more than just North America :D

guwapo_rocker
02-18-2012, 10:27 PM
I've got alot of toys in the attic

A few bats too, I'm guessing.

adena dodds
02-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Now how in the hell am I supposed to go to confession for this one? I swear the priest is gonna need a cigerette break! Lord, why me? Why Dave? Why now? Just when I was doing what a good Catholic girl should....HELLLLP!
5 miles tops. Less than 10 mins. away. The only time I have ever traveled to see a show was to see Dave solo in Acron, Ohio...that Devil tour with the Devils pissing out Jack Daniels from the stage...We got backstage to that one. Prior to that, in 10th. grade we went to see Def Lepard in Erie. That's about it. I like to stay local. I'm a hometown kinda girl. In fact I've never moved out of my parents house at 46 yrs.old...Holly would if she could! ha,ha,ha. I'm like Dorothy from the wizzard of OZ...There's no place like home...click,click,click. I've got alot of toys in the attic up here where I dwell...wanna come up and see? Wanna come out and play? hee,hee,hee. Wait, how far is it down Daves pants? I'd do some traveling for that! Or how far is it from section 7 on the floor to the stage? You know I'll be traveling that night! I better put on some roller blades even though I can't even stand up in them! Ha,ha,ha.

adena dodds
02-18-2012, 10:36 PM
No, just a couple of birds that like to sqwak. Some dog hairs and dog toes nails. Some left over stink bugs from last summer killed in action. Some cobwebs and a few tombstones, that's about it....Oh and ME of course! hee,hee,hee.
I few bats too, I'm guessing.

jero
02-19-2012, 02:49 AM
Amsterdam, going to the Dallas show. 10 hour flight

golitely
02-19-2012, 03:00 AM
Rome,Italy to Chicago, IL. I bet last time they'd make it to Europe, don't want risk getting screwed another time. Plus, I need to stock up on pancake syrup and peanut butter.

DystopianDude
02-19-2012, 05:39 AM
I live in Seoul, South Korea and I'm pretty tempted fly back to the states just to go see them. I've got a week vacation coming up so we'll see what happens.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Holy shit, I'm going to STFU with my measly 2360 miles.... :D

golitely
02-19-2012, 10:57 AM
I live in Seoul, South Korea and I'm pretty tempted fly back to the states just to go see them. I've got a week vacation coming up so we'll see what happens.

Do it, do it, do it. The way I see it, material things eventually end up in the garbage, better spend your money on experiences, which can't be replaced. Plus, it's VH, what's more important?

Va Beach VH Fan
02-19-2012, 11:23 AM
I've done nearly that exact trip, nonstop from Seoul to Detroit, many many moons ago.... 14 hours....

And I did it sandwiched in between two Korean old ladies that reeked of kimchi....

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 11:28 AM
And I did it sandwiched in between two Korean old ladies that reeked of kimchi....

:lol:

INeedYou
02-19-2012, 11:37 AM
So far, Louisville and Indy are lined up, both by car of course. But a true goal in life has always been to see VH in LA, preferably at the Forum... so I'm hopin' they do another run out West and repeat the Friends and Family and Fans plan in Inglewood! Now, I have seen The Stones at the Rose Bowl and at Wembley, so don't bet against me, I got the miles!

PETE'S BROTHER
02-19-2012, 11:41 AM
does it count if they didn't play....? :biggrin:

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 11:43 AM
does it count if they didn't play....? :biggrin:

Absolutely!

Momshell
02-19-2012, 11:46 AM

with ink like that I think it's mandatory!!

PETE'S BROTHER
02-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Absolutely!

phx to syd was approximately 1 billion miles

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 11:56 AM
phx to syd was approximately 1 billion miles

I bet!! :)

When my daughter was due, I flew from Toronto to Laguardia (NY) shared a cab with a pilot from Laguardia to JFK.

Flew from JFK to Alaska, flew from Anchorage to Taipei, Taiwan and then from Taipei to Manila.

Long fucking day(s). :D

sadaist
02-19-2012, 12:00 PM
When I live IN San Diego, the travel to the Sports Arena was never more than about 20 minutes from anywhere I lived in town. Since I moved, it's about an hours drive. Maybe 1:15 with traffic. But seriously considering moving again before the shows hit the west coast. That will make the nearest venue about 6 hours. Ouchies.

But I've driven 5 hours to Vegas to see both Roth and Van Halen before. No biggie. I kinda like road trips anyways. Play cd's & eat food I'd never eat otherwise.

sadaist
02-19-2012, 12:02 PM
with ink like that I think it's mandatory!!

haha! no shit. Dude better make SURE Dave sees that Tattoo.

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 12:02 PM
When I live IN San Diego, the travel to the Sports Arena was never more than about 20 minutes from anywhere I lived in town. Since I moved, it's about an hours drive. Maybe 1:15 with traffic. But seriously considering moving again before the shows hit the west coast. That will make the nearest venue about 6 hours. Ouchies.

But I've driven 5 hours to Vegas to see both Roth and Van Halen before. No biggie. I kinda like road trips anyways. Play cd's & eat food I'd never eat otherwise.

So you're coming to Vegas then?????

sadaist
02-19-2012, 12:07 PM

Wait though. You are forgetting to calculate the reduction of miles due to freeness of the ticket and what type of show it was. A Friends & Fans rehearsal for free should knock off about 2359 miles from that. The more epic the show, the less you can claim on your return or something like that.

sadaist
02-19-2012, 12:09 PM
So you're coming to Vegas then?????

If I don't move, I will see them in San Diego and probably Vegas. I don't like Los Angeles shows. Crowds are different, parking SUCKS, traffic SUCKS, I always feel like I'm gonna get robbed, freeways confusing as shit, etc. Drive to Vegas is easy & fun. I can play some video poker the next morning too.

But if I move, it will have to be the Oakland show :-( Never been to a show there but Oakland stinks. it might be cool since that's where their epic show was way back. Unless they add any WA or OR shows.

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 12:12 PM
If I don't move, I will see them in San Diego and probably Vegas. I don't like Los Angeles shows. Crowds are different, parking SUCKS, traffic SUCKS, I always feel like I'm gonna get robbed, freeways confusing as shit, etc. Drive to Vegas is easy & fun. I can play some video poker the next morning too.

But if I move, it will have to be the Oakland show :-( Never been to a show there but Oakland stinks. it might be cool since that's where their epic show was way back. Unless they add any WA or OR shows.

1. Love double double bonus poker and bonus deuces wild :D
2. You feel like you're gonna get robbed in L.A., but might see them in OAKLAND?? :D

sadaist
02-19-2012, 12:31 PM
2. You feel like you're gonna get robbed in L.A., but might see them in OAKLAND?? :D

LOL...i know right? Oakland would only be a "have to" type of situation. LA is a choice. So if it takes a couple bullet wounds and a lost wallet & watch, I'll do it to see Van Halen. I can go to the hospital after the show.

scott b
02-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Melbourne Fl. to Los Angeles June 9th !

moose
02-19-2012, 05:28 PM

And you want me to buy you a shirt for your bday
Lol.....
GROUPIE!!!!

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 05:32 PM
The one with the motorcycle please :D

moose
02-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Rome,Italy to Chicago, IL. I bet last time they'd make it to Europe, don't want risk getting screwed another time. Plus, I need to stock up on pancake syrup and peanut butter.

R u a Romanista or a Laziale?

moose
02-19-2012, 05:53 PM
The big smoke and Buffalo
Havent thought about any other shows
yet

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 05:57 PM
The big smoke and Buffalo
Havent thought about any other shows
yet

Vegas dude!!!

VanHalenI
02-19-2012, 06:47 PM
I live in Mexico that means I'll never EVER be able to go to L.A. or New York or nowhere to see my heroes. If Van Halen won't come to Mexico on a tour, Im positive I'll never see them live in my whole life :(

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 06:49 PM
I live in Mexico that means I'll never EVER be able to go to L.A. or New York or nowhere to see my heroes. If Van Halen won't come to Mexico on a tour, Im positive I'll never see them live in my whole life :(

Why not?

moose
02-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Vegas dude!!!

My son has an Ontario cup tourny that weekend and will be kinda tuff
for that
Might be in Thunder Bay or S S Marie

twonabomber
02-19-2012, 07:21 PM

that doesn't mean anything. my hometown up the road is full of Mexicans that aren't supposed to be here. :D

Floridaman1985
02-19-2012, 08:11 PM
I will be traveling to at least one of the following shows (and hopefully two) from Pensacola, FL - Greensboro, Orlando and or Houston. Fortunately, I just got a job (my first "real" job). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to plan where/when to go see VH yet since I just got it. Nothing incredibly far, but all are still 8+ hour hauls. I'll be damned if I miss this round. I couldn't do 2007 or 2008 b/c of school.

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 08:17 PM
I will be traveling to at least one of the following shows (and hopefully two) from Pensacola, FL - Greensboro, Orlando and or Houston. Fortunately, I just got a job (my first "real" job). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to plan where/when to go see VH yet since I just got it. Nothing incredibly far, but all are still 8+ hour hauls. I'll be damned if I miss this round. I couldn't do 2007 or 2008 b/c of school.

Excellent!!

moose
02-19-2012, 08:20 PM
that doesn't mean anything. my hometown up the road is full of Mexicans that aren't supposed to be here. :D

Too fuckin funny

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Too fuckin funny

You guys are mean.

I think we should find a way to get the hombre to a Van Halen show.

moose
02-19-2012, 08:46 PM
You guys are mean.

I think we should find a way to get the hombre to a Van Halen show.

I'm in....
I'll donate some money
Or if someone on this site wins the ESPN contest
they can give him the tickets

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 08:49 PM
I'm in....
I'll donate some money
Or if someone on this site wins the ESPN contest
they can give him the tickets

I will pm you my banking information :D

BITEYOASS
02-19-2012, 08:55 PM
BTW, who's travelling the shortest distance to see a =VH= concert?

moose
02-19-2012, 08:56 PM

Hehehehehehe

Terry
02-19-2012, 09:06 PM
BTW, who's travelling the shortest distance to see a =VH= concert?

Am only travelling maybe 10 to 12 miles to see the Tampa show...on a Saturday night, to boot!

Plenty of time to get there early, find parking, have a nice meal and a few drinks with the missus, casually wander over to the Forum with plenty of time to check out t-shirts for purchase, find our seats, see Kool & The Gang play Celebration, go get some overpriced beers and a quick smoke then sit back and watch VanfuckingHalen tear it up.

VanHalenI
02-19-2012, 09:28 PM
HAHAHAHA that'll be cool, you know what? next time VH goes to L.A. I'll just take a "temporal trip" to L.A. through the BIG RIVER... hahaha hombre needs some music, and some hot ass blondes not like the fucking "cooked" pieces of shit here.. lol

moose
02-19-2012, 09:29 PM

I still have some peso's I can send to you
LOL

vh rides again
02-19-2012, 09:32 PM

Please lol

Hell If there was ever a reason to swim the rio grande and enter the USA illegally, this is it.

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 09:33 PM
HAHAHAHA that'll be cool, you know what? next time VH goes to L.A. I'll just take a "temporal trip" to L.A. through the BIG RIVER... hahaha hombre needs some music, and some hot ass blondes not like the fucking "cooked" pieces of shit here.. lol

Where are you in Mexico?

vh rides again
02-19-2012, 09:33 PM
360 miles round trip for me.

SNIPER
02-19-2012, 09:41 PM
If they don't announce some north west shows I will have to see them in L.A. ..Thats a 14 hour one way drive but at least I can save money staying at the parents house.

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 09:42 PM
360 miles round trip for me.

Which show are you catching?

Antman
02-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Goin to Atlantic City. Hopefully a real road trip though. Saw them in Orlando last time.

guwapo_rocker
If they don't announce some north west shows I will have to see them in L.A. ..Thats a 14 hour one way drive but at least I can save money staying at the parents house.

What about Vancouver?

VAiN
So far I just logged 2,120 miles - Lauderdale to Louisville. I plan on hitting the 4 florida shows in April and New Orleans, June 26.. If I can squeeze another one in somewhere I will. I'm sure I'll log over 5,000 miles in 2012.

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 09:49 PM
So far I just logged 2,120 miles - Lauderdale to Louisville. I plan on hitting the 4 florida shows in April and New Orleans, June 26.. If I can squeeze another one in somewhere I will. I'm sure I'll log over 5,000 miles in 2012.

:thumb:

Romeo Delight
02-19-2012, 09:51 PM
What about Vancouver?

I will teach you how to build an igloo and forage for berries, catch salmon, etc

sadaist
02-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Hey man, if you can get to Tecate, Mexico, I'll drive across & sneak you over to catch the San Diego show. You pay for your ticket, but gas & travel on me. Tecate is a super mellow little border town and I've crossed over many many times for day trips to shop, have lunch, and bring back beers. No sweat. Even spent a morning at the Tecate Brewery. Fun times.

Fuck, I see Mexicans at the Tijuana & San Ysidro border just running up the center divide of the freeway. LOTS of them and all fucking day long. We can do this!

Va Beach VH Fan
02-19-2012, 09:53 PM

Wait a second, we're counting roundtrip now ??

You're cheating VAiN... ;)

SNIPER
02-19-2012, 09:54 PM
What about Vancouver?

Yeah true, but friends and family are in L.A. so I would just make a vacation out of it. Plus I truly believe they will announce Seattle, Portland, SLC, and Spokane. Who knows, maybe even Boise. If so I will see all of these. They seem to always hit this area on the later legs.

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Plus I truly believe they will announce Seattle, Portland, SLC, and Spokane.

True, sure will be weird if they don't.

C'mon Seattle, c'mon Portland, c'mon fucking CLEVELAND!!!!!!!

SNIPER
02-19-2012, 10:05 PM

Where is the fucking stage!!!!! Ha!

VanHalenI
02-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Where are you in Mexico?

Guadalajara... actually I've been waiting for Van Halen to kick some ass right here. One of the main cities in Mexico, 1. Mexico City 2. Monterrey 3. Guadalajara.
But I hate the "fanbase" Van Halen has in Mexico, as far as I know... NONE. :(

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 10:11 PM
But I hate the "fanbase" Van Halen has in Mexico, as far as I know... NONE. :(

Not so fast, there used to be a girl on here from Mexico if I remember correctly.

VanHalenI
02-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Not so fast, there used to be a girl on here from Mexico if I remember correctly.

Really? then I'm definetely lost...

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 10:20 PM
I will teach you how to build an igloo and forage for berries, catch salmon, etc

Dude please............there's no berries in Vancouver.

moose
02-19-2012, 10:49 PM
also teach him how ride a dog sled and how to start
a "yami" that fell through da ice

:-)

moose
02-19-2012, 10:50 PM

Just a diverse selection of shrooms

Romeo Delight
02-19-2012, 10:54 PM

You're kidding me right?

The Fraser Valley (surrounding Greater Vancouver) is just about the most fertile area for farming in all of Canada. You should know better...oh right a Torontonian ;-)

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 10:54 PM
also teach him how ride a dog sled and how to start
a "yami" that fell through da ice

That wasn't my fault. :(

moose
02-19-2012, 10:55 PM

Cleveland
Hmmmmmm
Never thought of that city as a possible stop

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 10:57 PM
You're kidding me right?

The Fraser Valley (surrounding Greater Vancouver) is just about the most fertile area for farming in all of Canada. You should know better...oh right a Torontonian ;-)

It was a joke, I just forgot the :D :D :D ok.

Vancouver is a wonderful city, beautiful!!

And lots of Asian chicks!! :D

Shame about the real estate prices.

guwapo_rocker
02-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Cleveland
Hmmmmmm
Never thought of that city as a possible stop

It's non negotiable. They play there, we go.

Period.

Dan
02-19-2012, 11:45 PM
The distance from Phoenix, AZ to Auckland, New Zealand is 6,753 miles, equivalent to 10,868 kilometers or 5,868 nautical miles. One Way.:D

mug
02-20-2012, 02:54 AM
My sis lives there. If you wanna met up there let me know . you've been here, now you can be there lol.

vh rides again
02-20-2012, 05:42 AM
Which show are you catching?

United center Chicago, this Friday night :)

I had planned on just driving home after the show, but was amazed at the low cost and availability of rooms in the city this time around , and decided to stay the night.

There's a hotel called the Palmer that I've wanted to see because of the architecture for quite awhile, and now is my chance.

80 bucks a night, 45 for parking LOL.

My last time up there to see vh I had my step/daughter as a designated driver and the drinks were never ending . I don't have that luxury this time around so it was either stay the night or no drinking at all so I don't get a DUI .

No drinking is out of the question :)

golitely
02-20-2012, 09:18 AM
R u a Romanista or a Laziale?

My husband's a Junventino and I'm American so I nap on Sundays. :)

guwapo_rocker
02-20-2012, 10:04 AM
United center Chicago, this Friday night :)

45 for parking LOL.

Wow!!

Have a great time!!

moose
02-20-2012, 10:35 AM
My husband's a Junventino and I'm American so I nap on Sundays. :)

Your husband is a smart man

FORZA JUVE!!!!

golitely
02-20-2012, 12:51 PM
He's been bitching a bit about the fact that I'm going home to Chicago to see VH so I've been trying to bribe him with suggestions of a weekend in Turin to see Juve. So far he hasn't bitten.

moose
02-20-2012, 03:01 PM
He's been bitching a bit about the fact that I'm going home to Chicago to see VH so I've been trying to bribe him with suggestions of a weekend in Turin to see Juve. So far he hasn't bitten.

Tell him that
A true JUVENTINO would road trip to see his team
Just like you crossing the pond to see VH.....u my dear are a true FAN!!!

guwapo_rocker
02-20-2012, 07:47 PM
:amen:you people are asshole if u want to travel that far to see van halen. with the gas prices at an all time high U Idiots must be high on crack or something. david plays in my backyard. I do not need to go chasing after him. Iam going to meet him in june. last day of the show.

Fab??

VAiN
02-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Wait a second, we're counting roundtrip now ??

You're cheating VAiN... ;)

Fine! 1,060 miles so far! Unless I hit the left coast that will probably be my longest trek... Until they come back for that fall tour ;)

akuma
02-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Tell him that
A true JUVENTINO would road trip to see his team
Just like you crossing the pond to see VH.....u my dear are a true FAN!!!

I prefer INTER, couse it's a team crazy from the heat!!!

moose
02-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Fab??

Naw it's the dude who wrote all the VH tunes
thunder thighs or something like that
LOL!

twonabomber
02-20-2012, 08:09 PM
:amen:you people are asshole if u want to travel that far to see van halen. with the gas prices at an all time high U Idiots must be high on crack or something. david plays in my backyard. I do not need to go chasing after him. Iam going to meet him in june. last day of the show.

you must be one broke-ass sumbitch if you're crying about gas prices.

moose
02-20-2012, 08:17 PM

Non sei lunico Italiano....chi sono tanti italiani qui
Sei l'unico tifoso del Inter

moose
02-20-2012, 08:20 PM
you must be one broke-ass sumbitch if you're crying about gas prices.

At $1.28 a liter and driving a full sized pick up truck
and a 6.2 liter Denali
Yeah gas can get fucking expensive!!!

twonabomber
02-20-2012, 08:30 PM
At $1.28 a liter and driving a full sized pick up truck
and a 6.2 liter Denali
Yeah gas can get fucking expensive!!!

my full size Jeeps get 10 mpg, if i'm lucky. i drive 'em proudly and sit next to Priuses at stoplights and rev them suckers up.

of course, i only live five miles from work now. :D

Nitro Express
02-20-2012, 08:38 PM
I had a 76 Jeep CJ 7. Had a lot of fun with it. Nothing souped up but it had the old AMC inline 6. Man. That engine was so smooth running you couldn't tell it was running at the stop light. I currently have a Land Rover with the Rover 3.5 V8. It's fuel injected. Last time I ran that on the highway I was getting 18MPG.

I bought a 79 Lamborghini with the V-12 a few years back. Now that one is thirsty as hell. Those six Weber carburators like to drink. I made the mistake of not running it last winter and it ran like shit when I pulled it out for summer. Now I just idle it every week or two. It also runs better if I put that Lucas fuel treatment in the gas. Actually, a pretty basic well built car. I haven't had any problems and I do all my own maintenance but a headlight assembly is expensive as hell. A lot of the parts you can get a lot cheaper if you just have the part number.

With this 10% ethanol they are putting in the gas, you need to have some slippery stuff in the gas if you are driving an older car or you have problems.

VAiN
02-20-2012, 08:47 PM

:lmao: Wow... you're truly fucked in the head... spoken like a true stalker and idiot.

http://www.kleonard.com/kltunes/images/basement2.jpg

Jackass.

moose
02-20-2012, 08:49 PM
I had a 76 Jeep CJ 7. Had a lot of fun with it. Nothing souped up but it had the old AMC inline 6. Man. That engine was so smooth running you couldn't tell it was running at the stop light. I currently have a Land Rover with the Rover 3.5 V8. It's fuel injected. Last time I ran that on the highway I was getting 18MPG.

I bought a 79 Lamborghini with the V-12 a few years back. Now that one is thirsty as hell. Those six Weber carburators like to drink. I made the mistake of not running it last winter and it ran like shit when I pulled it out for summer. Now I just idle it every week or two. It also runs better if I put that Lucas fuel treatment in the gas. Actually, a pretty basic well built car. I haven't had any problems and I do all my own maintenance but a headlight assembly is expensive as hell. A lot of the parts you can get a lot cheaper if you just have the part number.

With this 10% ethanol they are putting in the gas, you need to have some slippery stuff in the gas if you are driving an older car or you have problems.

U should see how much fuel my Modena drinks
Holy shite!!!!

twonabomber
02-20-2012, 08:52 PM
:amen:[SIZE="4"]david plays in my backyard. I do not need to go chasing after him. Iam going to meet him in june. last day of the show.

i didn't know the guys who clean the shitters out at Staples Center had access to the talent.

guwapo_rocker
02-20-2012, 08:59 PM
:amen:david plays in my backyard.

That would be chickenfoot, and the guy that looks like Bette Midler......his names not really Dave.

Just sayin'.

golitely
02-21-2012, 03:23 AM

I admit I followed Fiorentina for awhile cuz that Battistuta was HOT.

And y'all quit bitching about the gas (you wanna cry see, what we pay in Europe. I just paid 55 euros for 3/4 tank this morning...and that was diesel). Cut out a few trips to the mall and you're good to go for VH.

moose
02-21-2012, 10:20 AM
I admit I followed Fiorentina for awhile cuz that Battistuta was HOT.

And y'all quit bitching about the gas (you wanna cry see, what we pay in Europe. I just paid 55 euros for 3/4 tank this morning...and that was diesel). Cut out a few trips to the mall and you're good to go for VH.

Wow
That is fuckin ridiculous

Seshmeister
02-21-2012, 10:29 AM
I set a new personal best of $145 for a tank of gas last week.

ELVIS
02-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Unless your car floats or flies that still won't get you to the Van Halen show...

:elvis:

chefcraig
02-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Unless your car floats or flies that still won't get you to the Van Halen show...

Fortunately, Sesh has that angle covered...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qB0lb401ZU

moose
02-21-2012, 10:46 AM

Now that is fuckin funny

chefcraig
02-22-2012, 09:46 PM
Fab??

Nah, honeybaby is also known as vanfreak101, along with a handful of others. Same IP, same lousy spelling applied to incoherent, babbling nonsense. And certainly not worth responding to, let alone acknowledging. The user has been banned before, so it would not come as a surprise if history were to repeat itself.

DaveTheScott
02-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Vegas...maybe New Mexico, if I can find a couch (or a front porch) to crash on. That would be five shows...by then, I would be out of cash for fucking sure. And probably unemployed. Wearing frankenstein striped flip-flops.

inittowinit
02-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Not sure if more than one show is included in your question. The first show for me on 2/18 was only 400 miles. I am going to three other shows (Atlanta, Nashville, and LA). The the total miles for all 4 shows would be about 4,156. Still not there yet so we will see what happens. Would love to catch a couple of more shows but I have to go where I have family and a free place to stay. At any rate, not in a contest with anyone but I am going to travel and spend what I can to see the most shows that I can. I first saw VH over 32 years ago and now that I am older and have some money saved up I don't care a bit to spend some $$ to see my teenage hero. DLR is the best in my opinion. All I can say to everyone on this thread is, I am glad that you are willing to go any distance to see a band that you love. I hope everyone on here can catch this show one time no matter what the distance is. Rock on army!

DaveTheScott
02-23-2012, 12:32 AM
We'll see you in San Diego.

VHUK
02-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Bit late joining this thread, but travelling 4000 miles + from Somerset in the UK to Atlanta Georgia!

Can anyone local to Atlanta recommmed a good place to eat/drink before the show at Phillips arena?

guwapo_rocker
02-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Bit late joining this thread, but travelling 4000 miles + from Somerset in the UK to Atlanta Georgia!

:thumb::rockit2:

Nickdfresh
02-26-2012, 02:43 PM

http://files.sharenator.com/they_see_me_trollin_they_hatin_RE_The_Art_of_Troll ing-s604x403-128692.jpg

Seshmeister
02-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Can anyone local to Atlanta recommmed a good place to eat/drink before the show at Phillips arena?

The new restaurant upstairs at Bristol airport is ok.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-29-2012, 12:33 AM
The distance from Phoenix, AZ to Auckland, New Zealand is 6,753 miles, equivalent to 10,868 kilometers or 5,868 nautical miles. One Way.:D

The flight distance from Sydney, Australia to Phoenix, Arizona is:7,792 miles / 12,539 km
\

what kinda boat?

Dan
02-29-2012, 12:35 AM
The flight distance from Sydney, Australia to Phoenix, Arizona is:7,792 miles / 12,539 km
\

what kinda boat?

A Waka.:D

GreenEyedMurder
02-29-2012, 10:32 PM
10-min subway ride from lower Manhattan to Madison Square Garden tomorrow night ;)

katina
03-08-2012, 11:25 PM
I've done nearly that exact trip, nonstop from Seoul to Detroit, many many moons ago.... 14 hours....

How did you survived to kimchi???:sick0020:

Dan
06-27-2012, 10:11 PM

So 13,504 miles Later,I'm Back Home In New Zealand.:D

Thank-You To Pete's Brother For The Great Tickets.:D

ZahZoo
06-28-2012, 11:55 AM
We have a winner!!

vandeleur
06-28-2012, 12:08 PM
So 13,504 miles Later,I'm Back Home In New Zealand.:D

Thank-You To Pete's Brother For The Great Tickets.:D

thats dedication ... hats off bro

Dan
06-28-2012, 07:59 PM
I Did It For Van Halen.:D

mumpy73
06-29-2012, 03:52 PM
I travelled from London UK to Toronto for the show in March. Round trip was 7,096 miles.

Worth every bit, enjoyed Toronto too. It has some very cool record shops.