• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sweet Irony
    She's the Woman
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

Please DONT Play It Again.... (Sam)

There are some tunes that I could live happily ever after...NEVER hearing again!

First up is 'Sweet Home Alabama'...

Im talking on radio...wedding receptions...Sirius...tupperware parties...Your basic...Enough Already!!!!!!
    ...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....
  • Sweet Irony
    She's the Woman
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

Fly Like An Eagle comes to mind next.....
    ...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....

Comment

• hambon4lif
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

If I never hear "Hotel California" ever again, I could somehow live with that.....

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

"How Do I Know When It's Love"
        "Love Comes Walking In"
        "Can't Stop Loving You"
        "I Love Alien Anal Probes"
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

brown eyed girl... sad fact of fiscal reality is if you're in a band, you're going to have to play songs you hate. so change 'em up; make 'em your own i say.

Comment

• hambon4lif
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

It's a safe bet that sooner or later someone's gonna say "Stairway To Heaven", and I don't blame them. But once every 5 years it will catch me in the right mood (baked), and that fucking song still works for me....

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

I LOVE KISS but for fuck's sake enough with the Rock and Roll All Night shit.

As a kid, you hear that they are gonna be on a show, you beg your parents to stay up late and and they play RARAN......later in life you read they are gonna be on a show or in a movie, you come home early from your date or make sure you are by a tv.....so you can hear RARAN........Dressed To Kill, Alive!, Alive III, Double Platinum, Killers, Unplugged, You Wanted the Best, Alive 35, Smashes Thrashes and Hits, Greatest KISS, The Very Best of, Gold, every fucking one has RARAN on it..............later in life you buy VHS tapes and then DVDs, only to be fucking bludgeoned by this song again and again...........and to top it all off now, at age 47 I still catch them on a show or something, hoping they will play something besides RARAN, thinking of all the songs they've done that you love that you would love to hear them do and all the years you've hoped they would.........but NO. FUCK NO!

Now I want to vomit every time I hear the fucking song.
              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                brown eyed girl... sad fact of fiscal reality is if you're in a band, you're going to have to play songs you hate. so change 'em up; make 'em your own i say.
                Looks like these guys took your advice......

I'm not the biggest fan of neo-ska bands, but I think they did a decent job with it.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                  I LOVE KISS but for fuck's sake enough with the Rock and Roll All Night shit.

As a kid, you hear that they are gonna be on a show, you beg your parents to stay up late and and they play RARAN......later in life you read they are gonna be on a show or in a movie, you come home early from your date or make sure you are by a tv.....so you can hear RARAN........Dressed To Kill, Alive!, Alive III, Double Platinum, Killers, Unplugged, You Wanted the Best, Alive 35, Smashes Thrashes and Hits, Greatest KISS, The Very Best of, Gold, every fucking one has RARAN on it..............later in life you buy VHS tapes and then DVDs, only to be fucking bludgeoned by this song again and again...........and to top it all off now, at age 47 I still catch them on a show or something, hoping they will play something besides RARAN, thinking of all the songs they've done that you love that you would love to hear them do and all the years you've hoped they would.........but NO. FUCK NO!

Now I want to vomit every time I hear the fucking song.
                  But did you ever hear it like this?

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• gbranton
                    Veteran
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                    But did you ever hear it like this?
                    FUCK YES. That lame assed shit was on "KISS My Ass", which I bought as well. Sorry to have left it off the list but I've been trying to forget it and I was ALMOST there.
                    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sweet Irony
                      Fly Like An Eagle comes to mind next.....
                      I actually liked that song better in it's original psychedelic-funk-blues version.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                        FUCK YES. That lame assed shit was on "KISS My Ass", which I bought as well. Sorry to have left it off the list but I've been trying to forget it and I was ALMOST there.
                        "KISS My Ass" was a decent album for the most part, but I actually liked the indie- KISS tribute album "Hard to Believe" a little better.

The bands on this album weren't exactly household names at the time this record was made (1990), but one of them would gain recognition very soon.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                          "KISS My Ass" was a decent album for the most part, but I actually liked the indie- KISS tribute album "Hard to Believe" a little better.
                          No, you are right, I didn't feel nearly as screwed I did after I bought that as, say Psycho Circus for example. The Anthrax tune (She) was solid and I even enjoyed hearing Garth Brooks' take on Hard Luck Woman. I haven't heard the Hard To Believe album, I'll have to check it out.

Comment

• Unchainme
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2005

There's a few, but I'll start with the media darling right now.

ADELE.

I'm tired of her overplayed, whiny ass, cookie cutter bullshit getting played every time I click over the radio.
                            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

funny too how the borders determine the market. in oz, our only exposure to 'don't fear the reaper' was via the simpsons.

but you, my stateside friends, have probably had that hammered into you since birth.

hey FORD, if axl saw our rendition of sweet child o mine last night he'd sue us for unnecessary creativity...

Comment

Working...