PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen the opening shows/video?

Nigel
02-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Look, we're all rabid fans. I can't wait for the Toronto gig.

Lose YRGM and RWTD!! What's with I'll Wait (again)? Remember Hang Em High?, I'm The One?
Fools?, Sinner's Swing? C'mon guys, kick some ass early on.

Dave, love you but make it look like you're workin for your money.

I could do what you do. Walk around, watch Eddie, watch Alex, twirl a baton and bask in the glory that was. This, so far looks a little lacking from 2007-2008, in my opinion.

Don't shoot me guys, BUT c'mon, let's get the fuckin' VH machine cranked up, to the levels of your glorious NEW album! Milk it, squeeze it, let the audience know you ARE "back and yes, we missed you".

Maybe I've had a mediocre day, but they could do so much better (without doing a 2 hour Olympic workout).

OK, let's have it.

Nigel

kwame k
02-21-2012, 06:35 PM
I was there last night and they blew the roof off of the Palace.

YouTube's don't tell even half of the story.

Talk to me after the Toronto show and we'll see if you feel the same way.

Nigel
02-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Fair enough Kwame, but YrGM and RWTD as openers doesn't exactly replicate Light Up the Sky from 1979, opener when Roth ran up and down the stage like some gazelle on 9 Heinekens
(which, by the way his lighting crew told me he'd had)

"You have to learn to craft your buzz" is what Dave said in those days. Yeah, I know he's much older, but still in fighting shape.

VanHalenI
02-21-2012, 09:50 PM
I agree on YRGM and RWTD. Bring Drop Dead Legs, Dirty Movies, Top Jimmy, Me Wise Magic and lots of other shit instead of the same ol' classics.

VanCanHalen
02-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Oh ya Top Jimmy I'd love to hear that live as well, one of my favs from 1984!

TJMKID
02-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Look, we're all rabid fans. I can't wait for the Toronto gig.

Lose YRGM and RWTD!! What's with I'll Wait (again)? Remember Hang Em High?, I'm The One?
Fools?, Sinner's Swing? C'mon guys, kick some ass early on.

Dave, love you but make it look like you're workin for your money.

I could do what you do. Walk around, watch Eddie, watch Alex, twirl a baton and bask in the glory that was. This, so far looks a little lacking from 2007-2008, in my opinion.

Don't shoot me guys, BUT c'mon, let's get the fuckin' VH machine cranked up, to the levels of your glorious NEW album! Milk it, squeeze it, let the audience know you ARE "back and yes, we missed you".

Maybe I've had a mediocre day, but they could do so much better (without doing a 2 hour Olympic workout).

OK, let's have it.

Nigel

What some of you dippys need to understand is that not everyone who attends the 2012 Van Halen tour saw them in 2007-08. In fact, a majority probably did NOT attend the shows from 4 yrs. ago.

Therefore, there will be a lot of people who are dying to see YRGM and RWTD and I'll Wait performed live because they've never seen them before with Dave.

Also like Kwame said --- YouTube clips dont come close to the actual experience of being there. You cant feel the decibels rippling your body like a glass of water. You cant appreciate the roar of the crowd as Eddie fucking kills on his guitar. Drinking a cold beer with your friends is part of the concert fun. Otherwise, just stay home and jackoff while watching Sammy sing "Dreams".

sadaist
02-22-2012, 01:25 AM
Ditto ^^^

Mrkramer
02-22-2012, 04:38 AM
I would give my left nut to see this tour! I don't care what they play and think people over analyze you tube too much..
The band sound sound fucking dangerous to me and hopefully a pro shot will come out of it.. Just enjoy the night and the blistering sounds of the mighty VH ...

kwame k
02-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Bingo!

Spot on post:beers8:

I think people forget it's only Rock N Roll;)

Nigel
02-22-2012, 09:32 AM
What's a dippy? Whatever it is, I AM NOT one; just floating my thoughts.

kwame k
02-22-2012, 09:36 AM
What's a dippy?

Dirty Hippy?