Edward's hair would look better if he used a Detangler...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carmine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Edward's hair would look better if he used a Detangler...

Yeah, you read that right! As moronic as the title of this thread is, it pales in comparison to some of the horseshit discussion that I've seen on here as of late!

I dont like the set list...

Why is Dave using a headset...

A Different Kind of Truth is poorly produced...

What's with the white dance floor at center stage...

Eddie had on Red pants...

I'm not excited for the show...

and on and fucking on...

Give me a fucking break! In your hands is the most kick-ass VAN HALEN album perhaps ever...your "supposed" favorite band is on fucking tour coming to a city near you to kick your ass and you have tickets...they sound better than ever...they have given us tons of footage and insight by way of video that we wouldn't normally see...the band seems to be getting along better than ever, which, leads to the hopes of more in the future and all I see is complaint after complaint!

Since December 26, it has been the BEST ride on the Van Halen train that you could have ever hoped for! Shit, it's way better than anyone could have imagined and, I don't know about you but, I've been "imagining" for 28 fuckin years!!

Sure, I'd like other songs in the set list...but they're not and aren't going to be...most of the songs "we" would want to hear wouldn't even be recognizable by a "casual" fan anyway...

I think it was VA that said somewhere about some of you being spoiled...

I agree...

Van fucking Halen has been "Spoiling" us for almost 3 months...

Apparently, some of you have failed to fucking notice...

I mean, what the fuck, already...
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Well said, Ragu....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

I appreciate what you're trying to do but if the headset "men" don't realize how petty that is right out of the gate I don't think your post will help them.

wait, did you say red pants.
      oh no. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH !
      (I do wish the album sounded better sonically but blame it on the company not the band. I'm sure Ed would want it to sound as clear as the old days but what the fuck can you do other than wait for the vinyl and hope the mastering helps the fidelity) The music soars though and I won't get sick of if for a long time. cheers all :bottle:

Comment

• Carmine
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

I couldn't take anymore, bro...jesus...

I feel like I'm 15 and have been on the most intense Van Halen "High" since I was 15 for the last 3 months...

I just don't get some of this shit I'm seeing...

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

I almost feel like it's the, "We've been bitching about this band since Dave left so we don't know anything else", kinda vibe!

If anyone sees the shows and walks away disappointed because the lights weren't working properly or the LED screen had a glitch [which happened at the Palace] or that Dave, Ed, Al or Wolfie played at bad note between 1:22 and 1:23 on a fucking YouTube video....you either have only gone to lip-sync'd concerts like Madonna or you have completely forgotten what live Rock N Roll is supposed to be.

Everyone says the Six-Pack is brilliant the best six albums ever........which is ironic because, by the band's own admission, it's filled with flaws and fuck ups. [See Pretty Woman as a classic example]

Everyone who pines for the glory years [78-85] and complaining that VH hasn't lived up to the past concerts was either too fucked up to remember those shows or time has erased the bad memories and replaced them with a mythical version of those live shows......there were more fuck ups then then there is now, period! [US Festival]
          Last edited by kwame k; 02-22-2012, 11:46 AM.
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

The headset doesn't do Dave any favors live. If you cannot accept that and want to label me a whiner - kindly suck my $600 concert ticket cock and fuck off. As a paying customer - and not some bullshit upper level ticket - I am entitled to voice an opinion.

Dont you nitwits label people who blindly follow and accept 'sheep'? Hmmm
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by ELVIS
                thank you, captain obvious.
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

This one definitely deserves a big "THANKS"...and a big thumbs up to Ragu.

When I first saw the thread title on the main page, I thought "holy shit....now there's an ED hair thread?"

But when I saw the content I totally understood.

I've used the analogy twice before in these forums, but I'll use again here. The Van Halen pinata has been smashed open and the goodies continue to rain down.

Everybody should grab their pieces of delicious Van Halen candy, shove them in their overactive cakehole (or keyboard fingers in this case) and shut the fuck up with the nitpicking already.
                  Originally posted by perilouspete
                  fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                    wait, did you say red pants.
                    oh no. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH !
                    I didn't want to break this news here and I probably should start a new thread about this in the Main but.........Ed was wearing yellow shoes, too!

I'm actually in the process of trying to get a refund on that principle alone
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                      The headset doesn't do Dave any favors live. If you cannot accept that and want to label me a whiner - kindly suck my $600 concert ticket cock and fuck off. As a paying customer - and not some bullshit upper level ticket - I am entitled to voice an opinion.

If it affects the sound or the music, then fine. If it's a rock stars don't wear headsets sign my petition because I paid and they should do as I say, then I think it's fucked.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                        I didn't want to break this news here and I probably should start a new thread about this in the Main but.........Ed was wearing yellow shoes, too!

I'm actually in the process of trying to get a refund on that principle alone
                        Oh no... Back to therapy for me. Rock stars don't wear yellow shoes. Will you sign my petition.

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

So, you're saying you're better because you're stupid enough to fork out $600 for a ticket. Be grateful that you even get to see them. How I wish I could afford even a "bullshitupper level ticket" instead of scrounging for nex semester's tuition and textbooks.
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Isn't this a place to discuss all things Van Halen/David Lee Roth... good, bad and ugly?

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

VAiN...you're certainly entitled to an opinion.

I think what Carmine is driving at is that we have received an effort from VH that is light years above and beyond what any of us could have expected.

When the '07/'08 tour ended, this place was rife with doom and gloom speculation about what was next...if anything at all. I think many of us (myself included) were bracing for a letdown. We were nervous that any new music would be lackluster and subpar, and that the CVH legacy could potentially be "ruined."

People were pissed about the silence, and the length of time it was taking to get any news. We even took DLR to task a bit for what was eventually perceived as a misleading "Get Ready" message on his site that seemed to linger forever. There was the Soundwave Revolution collapse that lapsed us all back into apathy.

Then suddenly the floodgates opened a few months ago, and we got a new record that is fucking amazing!! Not only does it pay tribute to the CVH legacy, but ADKOT can proudly stand in line with the six pack as a full-fledged member of the family, not some bastard stepson of a record that was released as a "cash grab."

Acoustic versions of old favorites, DLR exclusive videos (part of an overarching exclusive access given to the one and only ROTH ARMY), an intimate club gig in NYC, a mind-blowing record release party in L.A., Dave interviewing the VH brothers, and dissecting the lyrics to the songs.

And now the tour has started, and we're seeing a revitalized and rejuvenated Van Halen with each member at the very top of their game. Old classics being dusted off, including "Outta Love Again" being played live for the first time since 19-fucking-80. And hearing "Girl Gone Bad" in Detroit was fucking unreal!!

I guess what Carmine is saying is that with all of the amazing things going on around us, those who complain give the appearance that they are simply hell-bent to find something to bitch about instead of being happy for all that we've seen so far.

So, ultimately....it comes down to:

Opinions = Good

Bitching = Bad
                              Originally posted by perilouspete
                              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

Working...