PDA

View Full Version : Ed's voice live this tour.

DLR'sCock
03-01-2012, 08:32 AM
I just wanna say and that Ed is singing pretty damn well this tour.

Everyone made jokes about Ed's voice on the last tour with the rumors of "piped in" vocals, but he is doing half the backing vocals as well, as he always has done.

Obviously being healthy is showing itself in this form too, aside from the outstanding playing.

That is all.

Move along now.

Mr Walker
03-01-2012, 09:13 AM
I've been wanting to comment on Ed's backing vocals.
I think the backing vocals on the album and live sound great so I've wanted to state that Ed is just as much a part of the 'classic Van Halen backing vocals sound' as Sauce was.
But then I remember his dreadful 'How Many Say I' vocals and I shut the fuck up.

Zing!
03-01-2012, 10:05 AM
One of the vids on here - think it might have been HFT on the New York MSG show - Dave kept looking at Wolf and Ed every time they would sing backup, with a "Tell me those vocals aren't the real deal" kind of look on his face.

TwoFoolsAMinute
03-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Not bad for a dude with half a tongue.

sadaist
03-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Not bad for a dude with half a tongue.

All I know is....

The 2007 tour reunion press conference Eddie spoke like a man 110 years old.

The 2012 interview with Dave video he talks totally normal & I can understand him just fine. Sounds like a regular dude.

So.....good news for us & Eddie that he is much better now than he was then.

DLR'sCock
03-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Seriously, people can lose their voice if they don't take care of it and warm up and sing on a regular basis, but obviously Ed is doing what needs to be done to get it done!!! His pitch, tone, timing, everything sounds great!

Nitro Express
03-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Ed looks like he's having a blast up there.

TJMKID
03-01-2012, 12:48 PM
The one question that's been eating at my brain is ---- if Wolfie couldn't sing worth shit ---- would he still have landed the bass player gig in Van Halen ??

Piped-in vocals can only last so long before fans get pissed off about it and revolt ---- so what would Ed have done if the Wolf couldnt scream?

ThatArtGuy
03-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Pull a GnR and put three women in the back to do it for them.

sadaist
03-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Pull a GnR and put three women in the back to do it for them.

Motley Crue did that 1 tour. Was fine...especially since the girls were near naked.

Nitro Express
03-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Motley Crue did that 1 tour. Was fine...especially since the girls were near naked.

Then they got completely naked after the show. The Crue weren't dumb. If you need some help up there always hire someone you can fuck after the show.

TJMKID
03-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Then they got completely naked after the show. The Crue weren't dumb. If you need some help up there always hire someone you can fuck after the show.

I read the Crue autobiography "The Dirt" and Nikki and Vince both swear they didnt fuck any of those backup singers ---- but apparently crusty old Mick Mars did.

Nigel
03-01-2012, 04:20 PM
I read the Crue autobiography "The Dirt" and Nikki and Vince both swear they didnt fuck any of those backup singers ---- but apparently crusty old Mick Mars did.

Mick Mars is lucky that any woman would want to fuck a guy that looks like an 84 year old vampire with rotting flesh.

gbranton
03-01-2012, 04:27 PM
All I know is....

The 2012 interview with Dave video he talks totally normal & I can understand him just fine. Sounds like a regular dude.

What I know is that if I get hammered tonight I'm gonna feel godawful tomorrow. If I do it two days in a row I feel like I don't want to drink for a month. Now imagine how you'd feel if you got wasted every day for 30 years. I don't know how he did it, I would want to kill myself after a week. He was probably on death's doorstep. I am glad to see the man feeling better, looking better, having fun and playing well.

gbranton
03-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Mick Mars is lucky that any woman would want to fuck a guy that looks like an 84 year old vampire with rotting flesh.

I can't make fun of Mick Mars, the dude has a serious health issue that is no fault of his own, I wouldn't wish that shit on anyone.

Mr Walker
03-01-2012, 04:29 PM

Yeah except for old Mick like TJMKID said... and then the bitch took him for a bunch of money... pretty dumb in my book.

Terry
03-01-2012, 09:19 PM
All I know is....

That's probably because in 2007 Eddie had barely pulled himself back from the brink of death to do that tour.

He looks a bit healthier this time around, and is playing really well.

houseofpain
03-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Judging by what appears to be an expanding waist line on Ed I'd say he's legitimately off the booze and coke and eating finally.

Dan
03-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Ed Is Still Kicking Ass And Taking Names.:D