X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

George W. Bush impersonator dies at 48

Steve Bridges, 48, a comic actor and impersonator who was best known for his mimicry of President George W. Bush and appeared alongside the chief executive at the 2006 White House Correspondents' Assn. dinner, was found dead Saturday at his home in Los Angeles.

Bridges had recently returned home from China, where he had been performing, said his brother Phillip. He appeared to have died of natural causes. An an autopsy is scheduled, but the Los Angeles County coroner’s office said foul play was not suspected.

Born in Dallas on May 22, 1963, Bridges began doing impersonations as a child, starting with the Three Stooges. “Anything I saw on TV, I imitated,” he told Larry King in a CNN interview in 2006.

A regular on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” Bridges was invited to the White House to meet President Bush in 2003. According to Bridges, Bush said, “I tell you: You see a videotape where someone looks like you, acts like you, talks like you -- that’s weird.”

Then in 2006 the two appeared side by side at the annual White House Correspondents' Assn. dinner.

“I try to become that person in a funny way,” Bridges told the Washington Post in 2006. “I try to act like him, from the mannerisms to the phraseology.”

He also described undergoing a process lasting more than two hours to have makeup and prosthetics applied to complete the illusion.

Bridges also impersonated President Clinton, California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and other public figures. Among his appearances as Bush were during singer Barbra Streisand's 2006 tour.

Besides his brother Phillip, Bridges is survived by his parents, Tom and Margaret Bridges; another brother, Jon; and a sister, Elizabeth Bridges, all of Clayton, Calif.

• Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

My extensive studying on Dr. G Medical Examiner tells me he suffered a pulmonary embolism from the long plane ride....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Guess the BCE didn't like his act?
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

I can only imagine this thread will be a hot topic, going for hundreds of pages....

Well done, Elbow.
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

This guy (Jim Morris) was the best ever.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

Steve Bridges, 48,

His face looks so weird in this photo. Like he is wearing a mask or made of wax. Strange. man, 48 is so fucking young. Shame. Rest in peace man. Anyone who's job is to make people laugh & feel good is OK in my book.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Awww....I remember this guy. Pretty damn good Bush impression. Sad.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                An an autopsy is scheduled, but the Los Angeles County coroner’s office said foul play was not suspected.

If no foul play, why an autopsy? Is there a way you can die without having that done? So gross. they gut you like a trout, pull your face down & take your brain out, and a bunch of other bad stuff. That scares me worse than the dying part. I don't wanna be on some cold table being gutted & handled like a common fish. Just roll me into the oven & get it over with.

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

I need a young Barbara Bush impersonator willing to date me. Dang she is cute. No clue why her sister got all the attention when she isn't even half the looker of Barbara. We must VanHalenize her.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Damn, why am I single-handedly hijacking this thread?

1 - It's fun
                    2 - I'm bored
                    3 - to fuck with Elvis
                    4 - pad post count
                    5 - sweep the boards

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      My extensive studying on Dr. G Medical Examiner tells me he suffered a pulmonary embolism from the long plane ride....

And you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
                        And you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
                        It won't get any press, but you just wait.... Happens all the time on long flights.... The embolism (clot) starts in the legs, eventually gets trapped in the lungs, and game over....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          It won't get any press, but you just wait.... Happens all the time on long flights.... The embolism (clot) starts in the legs, eventually gets trapped in the lungs, and game over....

That's the same thing that happened to Heavy D a while back IIRC...
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Sadly the Bush Criminal Empire is still alive and well. Probably raking in the cash from all that Afghan poppy.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                              I need a young Barbara Bush impersonator willing to date me. Dang she is cute. No clue why her sister got all the attention when she isn't even half the looker of Barbara. We must VanHalenize her.

The chimp's wife must have banged the Fed Ex man because no way could the loins of the chimp produce something that looked that good.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...