X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

The Thank You Eddie Van Halen Thread.

#1. Thank you for making Music with David Lee Roth again.

#2 Thank you for making you you...and after Dave I am your biggest Fan.

#3 Thank you for listening to Wolfgang. That boy is right in the head.

#4 Thanks for staying frosty. You are Killing it this tour!

#5 Thanks for re-forming Van Halen. I know Dave can be a pain in the ass...but damn....how many times do you get to be the biggest MOST BAD ASS band in the world?

Last edited by SunisinuS; 03-05-2012, 10:46 PM. Reason: Roots.
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

In 2007/2008, I thought Eddie was basically all done. Even though he managed to clean himself up with a speedy Betty Ford detox, he couldn't hold it together for the entire tour, and his playing was subpar.

Back then, I wouldn't have wagered money that Van Halen could have come up with an album as good as ADKOT is. Really. I thought those guys made a cash-grab, and what they brought live was the best they were ever gonna manage to muster. Just too much substance abuse, too many years of wasted time, and they were all just past it...they waited too long and could no longer quite cut the mustard.

One of the coolest things about Van Halen 2012 is hearing Eddie playing so well again, both on record and onstage. Yeah, yeah, a lot of the ADKOT tunes were reworked old demo tracks. Whatthefuckever. Van Halen, and Eddie in particular, have definitely surpassed my expectations of what was even possible for this group a few years ago.

They're kicking it.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

#6 Thank you for making that crack about Mike and Sammy getting wider than they are tall. Priceless.

#7 Thank you for pointing out that for you guys, it's about the music. For chub and chubber, it's about selling hot sauce and tequila.

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

# 8 Welcome back to the fold. This Forum is about DLR'VanHalen. Welcome back Man. Good to see a fellow backer of por boy David Lee. We all missed you.
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Yount
          Commando
          • Jan 2012

There is only ONE Van Halen. Thank you for realizing this, Ed.

Comment

• SunisinuS
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • May 2010

I think that you all finally got it.

To be honest. This is my second favorite version after Oakland '81.

Nj you guys.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
              Head Fluffer
              • Mar 2004

Thank you for appreciating the magic combination, and bringing it back and lettin it do what it do.

Thank you for the middle of Honeybabysweetiedoll.

Thank you Ed, for Madison Square Garden on March 1, 2012.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Thanks pal for old shoes and toe jam...

Clearly selective amnesia has taken a strong hold on some of you...
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• SunisinuS
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • May 2010

Lol meeting in the future not the pasture ZZ

Comment

• fifth element
                    Commando
                    • Nov 2010

thank you Eddie...glad to see you having as much fun w/ this music/tour as we have been!
                    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      Thanks pal for old shoes and toe jam...

Clearly selective amnesia has taken a strong hold on some of you...
                      Dark, dark days...And not all of us have forgotten.
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Eddie tried to become a "serious musician" with Sammy & Cherone. Deep, thoughtful, meaning ful love songs & piano...blech.

Took him a while to realize all the fun he was missing with Dave.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Yount
                          Commando
                          • Jan 2012

With Roth, Van Halen can ricochet from deadly serious to seriously hamming it up. Love it!

Eddie should stick with Roth and leave the serious shit to boring bands like U2 and Metallica.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                            Lol meeting in the future not the pasture ZZ
                            That's all good... just remember the "Pasture" is still part of several acres on the Howdy Doody ranch.

You can plant palm trees in the front yard and throw a fresh coat of paint on the house... it still don't hide the junk heap, eye sore in the back yard...
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                              That's all good... just remember the "Pasture" is still part of several acres on the Howdy Doody ranch.

You can plant palm trees in the front yard and throw a fresh coat of paint on the house... it still don't hide the junk heap, eye sore in the back yard...
                              ...and in that back yard was a noisy old bug zapper. Many of us were dumb, curious moths that kept hanging around that fascinating purple bulb.

Comment

Working...