X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALMOSTsaved
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

W.A.S.P. Album Cover Scans

So I recently purchased a two disc set of the first two W.A.S.P. albums ("W.A.S.P." and "The Last Command.") The cover of the set is two small photos of each album cover. However, I'd prefer to get a scan of each individual album cover but all the ones online look flawed and or just plain shitty.

Does anyone have high quality scans of these album covers? If anyone can just scan them and post here or PM me, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
    I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Damn, those were some cool albums. I wish I still had mine & I would scan em for you.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

These are 350x350, so they'll fit the CD cover with only a minimal need of cropping. Sorry about the debut cover, as there really aren't any good quality scans of it out there.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• indeedido
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

Man I wore The Last Command out when it came out. I had the ep Fuck Like a Beast too. Not sure they hold up today. Saw them open up for KISS on the Asylum tour in '86, my first concert. W.A.S.P. had each of their heads on a pole on the stage. pretty cool when you are 14. I remember this guy behind me was high as a kite with a can of hairspray and a lighter. He kept torching it up in the air. I kept thinking he was going to catch me on fire.
        This space for rent.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Kinda off-subject (a little only) back in the 80's I went to the local album shop and bought a 45 WASP single picture disc. It was 'F**K Like A Beast' unedited version. The disc was a close up of Blackies crotch with a sawblade & blood going through. And the disc wasn't round. It was really jagged. I think like a lightning bolt shape or something. Very cool. Wish I still had that.

I also wish I remembered the B side song. I just remember I liked it better than the A side. Dang.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

HAHAHA! I FOUND IT ONLINE!!!

I had this & played it so much!

*Says Show No Mercy was the B side.

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

[QUOTE=chefcraig;1629068]These are 350x350, so they'll fit the CD cover with only a minimal need of cropping. Sorry about the debut cover, as there really aren't any good quality scans of it out there.

These look absolutely perfect. I don't suppose you have a 500 X 500 copy of each do you? These are flawless!

Thanks so much!

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Aww lame!

Speaking about the 25th anniversary of the PMRC in 2010, Lawless stated that he has become a born-again Christian, and that he renounces the W.A.S.P. song that made that organization's "Filthy Fifteen" list, "Animal (Fuck Like A Beast)". He told Attention Deficit Delirium that he was born again at age 11, then left the church at age 18 to explore the occult for three years (two years before writing the "Animal" song), but returned to his religious roots recently. Of the controversial "Animal," he emphatically declared: "I renounce, denounce and pronounce that I will never play that song live again. Actually, I’ve not played it live for several years.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
                  These look absolutely perfect. I don't suppose you have a 500 X 500 copy of each do you? These are flawless!

Thanks so much!
                  I managed to come up with a 500x494 for the debut, and the closest I could find for Last Command is 496x500. The overall quality of both images seems to have suffered, though.

Last edited by chefcraig; 03-11-2012, 05:38 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                    I managed to come up with a 500x494 for the debut, and the closest I could find for Last Command is 496x500. The overall quality of both images seems to have suffered, though.

That's really cool. Thanks so much for hooking me up.

Comment

Working...