PDA

View Full Version : Can I Count On the Roth Army to Help Me?

koconne8
03-11-2012, 10:02 PM
My radio station is having a contest giving away front row tickets to the VH show next month. I submitted a photo of my tattoo and whichever tattoo gets the most votes wins the tickets. Mine is the tattoo of Kermit the Frog. I grew up listening to Classic Van Halen but now I don't have enough money for tickets because my university is taking it all. The Roth Army is where I found out VH and DLR reunited and where I always check first for VH news. Please vote for me!

http://big1059.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=A&c=53526&s=18137219&i=1#SD

sadaist
03-11-2012, 10:10 PM
You got my vote. Best of luck!!

ELVIS
03-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Fuck no dude!

That's not a real tattoo...

Go suck some dick for tickets...

:mad2:

koconne8
03-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Not sure if you're referring to the fact that it's actually real or if it's a wuss tattoo but it's definitely real the photo is from the day after I got it done with the clear shit covering it still. But hey it's one of several tattoos that reflect different periods of my life and the things I loved in those times. Kermit seems to always get the strongest reactions so I used that one

ELVIS
03-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Let's see a current pic and you will get my vote...

TJMKID
03-11-2012, 10:35 PM
My radio station is having a contest giving away front row tickets to the VH show next month. I submitted a photo of my tattoo and whichever tattoo gets the most votes wins the tickets. Mine is the tattoo of Kermit the Frog. I grew up listening to Classic Van Halen but now I don't have enough money for tickets because my university is taking it all. The Roth Army is where I found out VH and DLR reunited and where I always check first for VH news. Please vote for me!

http://big1059.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=A&c=53526&s=18137219&i=1#SD

Kinda lame, brah ---- maybe if it was a tat of Kermit banging Miss Piggy in the ass and had the words "Green Eggs and Ham" underneath ---- then I'd vote for ya.

sadaist
03-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Kinda lame, brah ---- maybe if it was a tat of Kermit banging Miss Piggy in the ass and had the words "Green Eggs and Ham" underneath ---- then I'd vote for ya.

LOL

Oh come on. We can't be hardcore 24/7. Sometimes you just wanna do something fun & silly and fuck what everyone else thinks. I dig kermit. Probably wouldn't tattoo him on me, but definitely one of the best characters of the last 50 years.

And fuck it...dude is a VH fan. Least we can do is click a vote for him and then demand pictures, video, and any guitar picks he might catch from that front row seat.

koconne8
03-11-2012, 10:40 PM
here you go!

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9864/snapshot201203111.jpg

Va Beach VH Fan
03-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Dude is persistent, I'll give him that....

Registers at the Army, and on the Army facebook just to pimp is tat.....

koconne8
03-11-2012, 10:45 PM
and it's not really a matter of what the tattoo is of, but more of asking assistance from other VH fans. I'm sure if I had 10000 posts you all wouldn't be so quick to say no but you know what we're all fans of VH and I'd vote for you guys

sadaist
03-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Damn dude. I gotta be honest, it looks a million times better in the 2nd pic. (even though you look kinda like Fred Dursts lil bro) I hope to God that you just took that photo tonight & that middle finger is directed towards our Elvis. That will get you a ton of votes here. HAHA!

koconne8
03-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Dude is persistent, I'll give him that....

Registers at the Army, and on the Army facebook just to pimp is tat.....

I had an old Roth Army account but I can't remember my password for it and I don't use the email anymore sadly. I've been coming here since around 2005.

And yes that middle finger is directed at Elvis

ELVIS
03-11-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm a man of my word...

One vote coming up!!!

:elvis:

Va Beach VH Fan
03-11-2012, 10:47 PM
I had an old Roth Army account but I can't remember my password for it and I don't use the email anymore sadly. I've been coming here since around 2005

If you tell me what the account name was, I can change the email address and give you the option to change your password......

koconne8
03-11-2012, 10:52 PM
it was probably gamaradiation2 is what I wanna say. If that doesn't come up then I'm not sure. But I don't need it now that I've already registered again

Carmine
03-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Damn dude, you look kinda like Fred Dursts lil bro...

lmao...I'm tossing a vote just based on this ^^^^^ post!

Zing!
03-12-2012, 07:42 AM
He should have got a tat like Momshell's.

twonabomber
03-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Let's see a current pic of your sister or girlfriend and you will get my vote...

fixed it for you. :D

BumBahDeeDah
03-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Takes a real man to wear a Kermie tat. Almost like drinking an umbrella drink in a biker bar.

Dave's Bitch
03-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Hey koconne8

What's green and smell's of pork ;)

TJMKID
03-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Hey koconne8

What's green and smell's of pork ;)

I still maintain that a bitchin' tattoo of Kermie ass-banging Miss Piggy would be great ---- with the words "Makin' Bacon" underneath

jero
03-12-2012, 03:39 PM
in a mosque

Fairwrning
03-12-2012, 05:56 PM
The pic of the bird is fuckin awesome..I actually laughed out loud at that..Is it me or is that an extra long finger??

sadaist
03-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Porkpie?

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/tmbs/68f4ef5dc6/fullsize_11.jpg

Fairwrning
03-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Porkpie?

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/tmbs/68f4ef5dc6/fullsize_11.jpg

I really hope thats your sisters room

sadaist
03-12-2012, 06:16 PM
http://mitchieville.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/kermit.jpg

gamaradiation2
03-12-2012, 08:49 PM
The pic of the bird is fuckin awesome..I actually laughed out loud at that..Is it me or is that an extra long finger??

idk bout that but whatever helps me play guitar better lol

koconne8
03-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Takes a real man to wear a Kermie tat. Almost like drinking an umbrella drink in a biker bar.

Challenge accepted. Oh and apparently I found my other account password and forgot to log back into this account before that previous post..

Va Beach VH Fan
03-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Christ, moving to Non....

sadaist
03-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Christ, moving to Non....

LOL! We were just having some fun. STICKY THIS BITCH! hahaha

*It's fucking hard to stay occupied while it seems everyone else here is going to fucking VAN HALEN shows every god dammed night of the week. argh!

Hardrock69
03-13-2012, 04:41 AM
A Kermit The Frog tatt. :lmao:

No fucking way. Vote for yourself. :lol:

ashstralia
03-13-2012, 04:48 AM
everyone else here is going to fucking VAN HALEN shows every god dammed night of the week.

except the one who just criticizes every show.

tsk tsk tsk.

Momshell
03-13-2012, 05:09 AM
He should have got a tat like Momshell's.

Wish mine could win me some tix somewhere!

Momshell
03-13-2012, 05:28 AM
If I were in Florida, I'd enter myself - you guys see the one of the Sammy VH? But, I'm not in Florida, so I voted Kermit!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
03-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Wish mine could win me some tix somewhere!

I have to admit, her tat has me thinking about a similar one, but I've gotta make a dermatology appt. because the bumps won't go away one of my other ones....

Bob_R
03-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Isn't this spamming? Ha Ha. :lie:

twonabomber
03-13-2012, 12:10 PM
there is an off-road site i frequent that has rules for vote requests, especially by new members. it's very simple...tit pics of sister/girlfriend/mom/whatever, and NOT random internet tit pics. we can get those anywhere.

so, as i alluded to above, TOGTFO.

and that's tits or get the fuck out.

:D

Hardrock69
03-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Hey, if he was a longtime poster who actually contributed something to the site, then I could see it.

He has all of what, 29 or 30 fucking posts since 2005?

And now he comes here to BEG us to help him?

:lmao:

If he has actually been coming here for that long, and if he has ANY familiarity with US, he would know that doing something like this could have unintended consequences.....

http://i40.tinypic.com/30dfqs0.jpg

Bob_R
03-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Hey, if he was a longtime poster who actually contributed something to the site, then I could see it.

He has all of what, 29 or 30 fucking posts since 2005?

And now he comes here to BEG us to help him?

:lmao:

If he has actually been coming here for that long, and if he has ANY familiarity with US, he would know that doing something like this could have unintended consequences.....

http://i40.tinypic.com/30dfqs0.jpg

Don't I know it. :first:

Only 148 people on the fuckin' planet (actually 147, Sarge's Little helper is a bot) signed up here before me and I asked for something so little as Facebook Likes and my thread was moved to The Dump. :lmao:

Here's to hoping Dave remembers the fucking words tonight. :elvis:

SparkieD
03-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Dude, I don't wanna burst your bubble because it is a nice tattoo, but if I couldn't win a VH ink contest with my very nice bare-boobied mermaid tattoo, you ain't gonna win with ol' Kermie there. Best of luck to ya though.

sadaist
03-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Don't I know it. :first:

Only 148 people on the fuckin' planet (actually 147, Sarge's Little helper is a bot) signed up here before me and I asked for something so little as Facebook Likes and my thread was moved to The Dump. :lmao:

Yeah Bob, but your "Ched Chunker" thread may be one of the most epic of RA history. What are we at now? 42 pages & almost 1,700 posts or so of rancid piss & vinegar hatred of the Wabo'd one? LOL

sadaist
03-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Dude, I don't wanna burst your bubble because ............(then proceeds to burst said bubble).

LOL Sparkie. Funny. :)

ZahZoo
03-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Funny... the Sesame Street generation has grown up and got tattoos...

koconne8
03-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah I realized the dude with the 9/11 tattoo has like 100 votes.. that gives me an idea. Get a 9/11 "never forget" tattoo for future contests since people evidently seem to get caught up in patriotism.... that was not meant to be serious if anyone is too dense to realize. And I only have about 30 posts since 2005 because I actually have things to do in my life and can't come onto a site and post every day about a band that has toured twice in the last 5 years. I'm not trying to knock anyone here because if VH is your thing then by all means you should do what you like and post away. I love VH but they're just not active enough these days for me to check these sites all the time anymore when they're not touring. Anyway, thanks whoever voted and fuck you if you didn't lol.

And to people hating on my tattoo, we all have things we still love from our childhood so who cares.. not all tattoos have to be serious or make you look like a badass.

ELVIS
03-14-2012, 04:31 PM
If we were here in anticipation of Van Halen actually doing something, let alone with Dave, this place would not exist...

Thank my pet rock they are though...

:mad2:

Hardrock69
03-14-2012, 04:59 PM
True what E says.

Hey, kudos to you K for at least trying. And you did manage to get a few votes out of some of us. But you had to know it was a rocky and dangerous path to take, lol.

koconne8
03-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Well I'd rather try it here than on the VHLinks with their Spambots and Chickenshit fans infesting the place..

don don
03-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Dude...I gotta be honest. I, too, have VERY few posts on this site. But what one person defines as fandom may be 180 degrees opposite from another's. I can tell you beyond any shadow of a doubt Van Halen is, was, and will always be my favorite band. I have the ink to back it up. Just because you or I don't have a million posts doesn't mean that we're not fans of DLR era CVH. The best you could do at this point is show some humility. It makes you look MUCH worse to bash back. I don't pretend for a second to be "experienced" on this site. But I have and always will show respect and treat others the way I would want to be treated. Most of the time, I'm sitting back "learning" from those that have been on here much longer. I can say without hesitation Va (among others) have treated me very well to be such a "newbie." Thanks again Va for that!

I honestly think you had the best of intentions by asking for the Army's support. But you gotta show some love and build rapport before you go asking for WORLDWIDE support from a site that has very strong and close ties to DLR himself. I'm pretty quiet on here because I'm a newbie and I'm fine with that. But I also know I gotta start somewhere. Everyone else was in our shoes before too. I truly wish you the best of luck with the contest. But I think your enthusiasm outweighed your idea of common courtesy. Just because VH has been quiet for more years than not doesn't decrease any of the true fan's desire (obsession) with all things DLR/VH. I'm guilty of frustration mixed with excitement only to have the proverbial rug ripped out from under me worse than Lucy and Charlie Brown.

All I'm saying is this. I'm NOT raining on your parade. I'm trying to explain the best way I know how that being "new" on this site means paying our dues, respecting those that have been on here for YEARS longer than we knew there even was a DLR Army site. And to mold your enthusiasm and excitement into a "shared" experience with everyone on here. Like I said, Good Luck! Hope you get those tickets! And by the way, I always wanted an Animal tattoo, but went with other options. If Kermit is your thing, rock it out! But you gotta be able to take the "heat" from everyone that doesn't share the same love of the fuzzy ones. That's all I'm saying!

Peace and good luck with Kermie!

Don don

Hardrock69
03-15-2012, 05:33 AM
Good call, Don.

Not saying he is not a fan. Not at all.

And am not really "slamming" him or his desire to see the Mighty VH.

But I have taken the liberty of poking some fun at him. :hee:

Not meaning it in any sort of malicious or hurtful way. ;)

If he wants help here, he has to pay to play. And he did get some help already. :D

Hope he can win the tickets.

Full Bug
03-15-2012, 06:01 AM
Dude...I gotta be honest. I, too, have VERY few posts on this site. But what one person defines as fandom may be 180 degrees opposite from another's. I can tell you beyond any shadow of a doubt Van Halen is, was, and will always be my favorite band. I have the ink to back it up. Just because you or I don't have a million posts doesn't mean that we're not fans of DLR era CVH. The best you could do at this point is show some humility. It makes you look MUCH worse to bash back. I don't pretend for a second to be "experienced" on this site. But I have and always will show respect and treat others the way I would want to be treated. Most of the time, I'm sitting back "learning" from those that have been on here much longer. I can say without hesitation Va (among others) have treated me very well to be such a "newbie." Thanks again Va for that!

I honestly think you had the best of intentions by asking for the Army's support. But you gotta show some love and build rapport before you go asking for WORLDWIDE support from a site that has very strong and close ties to DLR himself. I'm pretty quiet on here because I'm a newbie and I'm fine with that. But I also know I gotta start somewhere. Everyone else was in our shoes before too. I truly wish you the best of luck with the contest. But I think your enthusiasm outweighed your idea of common courtesy. Just because VH has been quiet for more years than not doesn't decrease any of the true fan's desire (obsession) with all things DLR/VH. I'm guilty of frustration mixed with excitement only to have the proverbial rug ripped out from under me worse than Lucy and Charlie Brown.

All I'm saying is this. I'm NOT raining on your parade. I'm trying to explain the best way I know how that being "new" on this site means paying our dues, respecting those that have been on here for YEARS longer than we knew there even was a DLR Army site. And to mold your enthusiasm and excitement into a "shared" experience with everyone on here. Like I said, Good Luck! Hope you get those tickets! And by the way, I always wanted an Animal tattoo, but went with other options. If Kermit is your thing, rock it out! But you gotta be able to take the "heat" from everyone that doesn't share the same love of the fuzzy ones. That's all I'm saying!

Don don
Awesome post Don, hope we hear more from you!

sadaist
03-15-2012, 06:19 AM
Awesome post Don, hope we hear more from you!

Agree. Nicely said Don.

ZahZoo
03-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Dude...

All I'm saying is this. I'm NOT raining on your parade.

Well played Don...but don't hold back... piss on the SOB's leg and tell him it's fuckin raining!!

This is the Roth Army.

Odds are the little guy probably has Barney tatted on his ass and an Elmo tramp stamp...

ELVIS
03-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Is it too late for Don to enter and kick the frogs ass ??

:elvis:

koconne8
03-15-2012, 03:08 PM
hey you know what I never had a shot at winning so idgaf.. I know how the Roth Army operates so I knew what to expect before I posted anything. But hey doing something gives you more of a chance than not doing anything at all (most of the time).. If people want to make fun of me and my tattoo and say they won't vote it's no big deal.. I've heard it all before lol.... anyway, I'll probably go down to the arena and try to score a cheap ticket the day of the show. I'll come back with a review/pics or something if I go.

fourthcoming
03-15-2012, 03:34 PM
I gotta say, this entire thread has me laughing my ass off right now.......funny as all hell.

Momshell
03-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Love the tattoo don don!! :)

private parts
03-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Someone needs to start a POST YOUR TAT tread. Momshell?

Zing!
03-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Love the tattoo don don!! :)

Yep - need to amend my first post: he should have got a tat like Momshell, Don Don, and every other badass with a classic =VH= tattoo.

Momshell
03-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Someone needs to start a POST YOUR TAT tread. Momshell?

Done!!!

sadaist
03-15-2012, 10:48 PM
I gotta say, this entire thread has me laughing my ass off right now.......funny as all hell.

Yes! This has been one of the more fun threads we've had in a while. Dude should get a vote or 2 just for keeping us amused & taking a beating.

sadaist
03-15-2012, 10:50 PM
I'll probably go down to the arena and try to score a cheap ticket the day of the show. I'll come back with a review/pics or something if I go.

Make sure you check Craigslist & specially ebay the 3 days prior to your show. People get desperate if they have an extra ticket & don't wanna eat the entire price. I got my 2007 tix at 1/2 price one day before the show.