X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanhalen1r2
    Head Fluffer
    • May 2006

Van Halen and the Shelby GT500

So back in October I bought a 2012 Shelby GT500.

First thing I did was let my son who was 18 at the time get in and fire it up when we went to get her.

Next thing I did put in Fair Warning and played Mean Street followed by Unchained as I drove her for the first time I was in heaven, this was back in October, now every time I drive I play some Van Halen usually VH 2 I just cannot get enough of Light Up The Sky and DOA.

I swear its like being 17 again.

Long Live Classic Van Halen
    “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”
  • qikgts
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2012

Yessir!!! 550 hp and 510 ft lbs of tq should do that to ya!!! That there Mustang is pretty damn close to a time machine and it seems like you're feeling the effects. I'd love to be in that drivers seat!
    You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• gbranton
      Veteran
      • Aug 2005

I love your car! I have been a Mustang guy since.....well......maybe 1965. I rode home from the hospital after being born in a brand new 1965 coupe. I have owned numerous Mustangs over the years including a 1995 Cobra, a 2001 Bullitt and I 2003 Mach 1. I currectly have a 1986 GT with t-tops and a 1993 SSP coupe and am currently saving up for a Shelby.

I know qikgts above from a Mustang forum devoted to 79-86 Mustangs.
      "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

That is a bad ride! Well done! I'll be picking up a 2012 GT myself here in the next couple of months. Beautiful cars!
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• vanhalen1r2
          Head Fluffer
          • May 2006

Thanks guys, Classic VH makes for some fun times.
          “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”

Comment

• qikgts
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by vanhalen1r2
            Thanks guys, Classic VH makes for some fun times.
            And Mustangs make for fun rides!!!
            You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

FORD sucks!

Camaros & Vettes baby! Fuck you all!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

I own 180 Corvettes....swear to God I do. In fact, I'll prove it to you all. Here's photographic evidence of Sadaists Corvettes.

Suck it FORD lovers!

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by sadaist
                  FORD sucks!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
                  Sorry man, I'm gonna disagree here.. the GM interior aesthetic leaves a lot to be desired. Plastic and AC/Delco..
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                    Sorry man, I'm gonna disagree here.. the GM interior aesthetic leaves a lot to be desired. Plastic and AC/Delco..

To be 100% honest, my grandpa owned a Chevrolet dealership as I grew up. I spent a lot of days there fucking around in my youth. I worked there starting at 15. my older brother worked there from 15. My Dad ran the place for many years. We all drove Chevys. That was it. So I was born into it.

But that old sticker "I'd rather push a (blank) than drive a (blank)"

Fuck that. I'd rather drive a fucking Le Car than push either a Ford or Chevy. Pushing sucks.

*But yeah. I secretly do dig the old Mustangs from the 60's. Sshhh.

Comment

• gbranton
                      Veteran
                      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by VAiN
                      I'll have a new Camaro with the touch screen nav....... oh wait, you can't get one with that.

The Camaro had an outdated interior the day it was introduced.

I did find where Chevy got the idea for the rear end styling for the new Camaro:

"Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Well, as far as Chevys I've always had SUV's. I have never owned a sports car sadly. So I can't really say about the aesthetics.

Damn dudes. Remember way back when the only cup holders we had were cheap plastic things we bought at 7-11 & they hung from our door window? LOL

Comment

• vanhalen1r2
                          Head Fluffer
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by sadaist
                          FORD sucks!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Here are a couple shots of my old 71 Camaro

Comment

• vanhalen1r2
                            Head Fluffer
                            • May 2006

Comment

• gbranton
                              Veteran
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by vanhalen1r2
                              Here are a couple shots of my old 71 Camaro
                              That was a nice looking car. I like to talk a little smack but I owned a '78 and a '73 Trans Am back in the day.

Comment

Working...