X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetstream
    Foot Soldier
    • Dec 2011

the lingering effect of the Hagar years comes out in a t-shirt

Van Halen has released the 'Van Fuckin' Halen' tee shirt and if one sees some of the responses of shock and moral concern on Facebook, the source is the effect of goody two shoes Hagar. The dweeb who came out with such sugar sap songs as Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy and Dreams, has allowed entry of a fan base that does not have a freaking clue of what Van Halen is, and it started with the original line up of what Van Halen is...the most celebrated, over the top hard rock band of all time. The kings of excessive partying to the hilt. The shirt is a Spicoli like approach from Fast Times at Ridgemont High with an in the face statement, pop culture statement that Van Halen is epic and these pussies cannot understand it? Have these lost, spineless fucks ever even contemplated the lyrical content and persona of what is Van Halen...true Van Halen?

These people offended by this offering of a tee shirt sound more like individuals with a boy band mentality. They should come out with a tee shirt that says "Van Hagar is Swell" just for them. One does not have to go into it, it is obvious that this tee shirt is the best litmus test around to show if you get what Van Halen represents to pop culture and where your loyalties are. Damn straight...it is the Mighty Van Halen, VAN FUCKIN' HALEN and I want another beer or two because the music is loud and it fucking rocks. Suck it Van Hagar fans!
    I got lost in the...
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

The tee shirts look great
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

I thought people would whine about this the second I seen it. I'll order 2 !!! HeHe !

Comment

• Carmine
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

I bought that shirt within 2 minutes of receiving the email notice from the Van Halen Store...

I'll be sporting it in Greensboro in 2 weeks at the show...

It's currently at the top of my Facebook page as well...

I suppose then, I need not say...I love Van Fuckin' Halen...

and I'm proud to say so...

I even bought the t-shirt...

Comment

• TJMKID
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
          These people offended by this offering of a tee shirt sound more like individuals with a boy band mentality. They should come out with a tee shirt that says "Van Hagar is Swell" just for them. One does not have to go into it, it is obvious that this tee shirt is the best litmus test around to show if you get what Van Halen represents to pop culture and where your loyalties are. Damn straight...it is the Mighty Van Halen, VAN FUCKIN' HALEN and I want another beer or two because the music is loud and it fucking rocks. Suck it Van Hagar fans!

This is what Van Hagar was all about:

This is what the REAL Van Fuckin' Halen stood for:

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Van Halen got sissified when Hagar climbed aboard.

Frankly, it was a good thing Roth bailed when he did, because the music was starting to make moves in that direction (Jump springs to mind; without the lyrics, the music itself would be just as useful as backing tracks for a Disney tween series as anything else).

Van Hagar was the perfect vehicle for fans of mediocre, corporatized rock with a faux-rebellious attitude. It was tailor-made for those that found Van Halen with Roth too heavy and dangerous. With Roth gone, now all these teen members of the future yuppies club could safely listen to Van Halen while strolling through the local mall, drinking a New Coke and shopping for Swatch Watches.

Van Halen with Roth was the soundtrack for losing your virginity (or popping someone's cherry) at a kegger when the parents were out of town.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
              Head Fluffer
              • Oct 2010

The Van Hagar shirt would be bright yellow.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

No. Van Hagar would be bright yellow one piece pajamas sold with Tinky Winky purple pajamas for your gay lover to wear with two pairs of pink Cabo Wabo sunglasses thrown in.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I'm expecting to see a Sam and Mike weight loss program out here pretty soon.
                  Last edited by Nitro Express; 04-08-2012, 02:52 AM.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Yount
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2012

Fuck if I could pull that solo off!!! Even if it isn't well oiled, dang Ed can play and fuck around.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      I'm expecting to see a Sam and Mike weight loss program out here pretty soon.
                      Don't worry it won't be around long .. Look at the last (hopefully ) chickenflop cd lol

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I love the shirt!! Would love to order one, but if I bring one more t-shirt home my wife will have an aneurysm....
                        Originally posted by perilouspete
                        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

I gotta have one

Comment

Working...