PDA

View Full Version : Stomp Box Addiction? Compulsive FX Disorder? You decide......

Hardrock69
04-11-2012, 01:16 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/11wbqtv.jpg

Ok here is an interesting performance art notion:

Wire up about 1,000 of them and lay them on the floor just as the ones above are.

Plug them into a Marshall stack.

Turn the amp on and up, and have someone like Yngwie Malmsteen do 20 minutes of masturbatory guitar soloing while a hot naked chick in kneepads, studded leather gloves, and Nike Air Jordans crawls back and forth over them while twisting the knobs randomly.

Then for the grand finale, have the naked chick throw some gasoline on the field of pedals, and set them on fire while Yngwie Malmsteen tries to play something that reflects what is going on.

And record the entire event at 24-bit, 96khz in 3-D 7.1 surround sound.

Available at a music store near your on Blu-Ray for $19.99

Special editions include a genuine standard guitar pick available at any guitar shop, and an autograph by the hot naked chick who is in the video.

Ultra speshul $100 deluxe editions contain the pick, the autographed Blu-ray cover and a 1" section of one of the melted guitar cables used to hook the pedals together.

Sounds like a way to make some cool cash. So who wants to donate the pedals, the guitar and the Marshal Stack?

We need the services of a mobile recording studio, a 3-D camera crew from James Cameron, and the willingness of Yngwie Malmsteen to donate 20 minutes of his precious time to randomly noodle on the guitar. Which he can then smash into the Marshall stack after setting it on fire. All pieces of said guitar and amp to be auctioned off for charity.

All the remains of the pedals to be auctioned off to benefit the International Association For The Preservation Of The Island Of Misfit Guitar Toys.

:lol:

jhale667
04-11-2012, 01:25 PM
I saw somewhere that that is supposedly David Byrne's pedalboard... never knew he was that into effects, you certainly can't tell from the Talking Heads music...although Adrian Belew played for them for a bit IIRC, and that guy is an effects wiz...maybe he caught the bug from him...

I like your idea though... Can the naked girl please be Kate Upton? :baaa:

Nitro Express
04-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Shit. That dude bought the whole Boss catalog. Nice neat wiring loom though. I really don't mess with pedals that much because I find dealing with them as annoying. They are all over the floor, you have to find a power source. Some of the ones I like are old ones that only use a battery and it's always dead. I usually just say fuck it and plug directly into the amp. I would rather play than mess with stuff in the signal chain and tap dance on it.

jhale667
04-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Plus too many pedals in front of your amp completely sucks the life out of your tone. Besides a Boss TU-2, the only things in front of my amp are an MXR Micro Amp (for a solo boost) and a Vox Wah...

Seshmeister
04-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Now I'm in a 1 guitar band I'm finding I'm using effects much more but I'm trying to reign it in a bit.

Nitro Express
04-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Absolutely. I was told by a sound engineer that one of the weakest links is the cables in the system. He said he sees so many people buy expensive gear and good speakers and use cheap shit cables. I use really good guitar cables and I have found they are cheaper in the long run. They last longer than the cheap shit but even at that you have to replace them time to time. The more you add in that signal chain the more resistance and opportunity for noise you get. You are dealing with a very weak signal from guitar pickups, it doesn't take much to screw it up before the first stage of the pre-amp boosts it to line level.

I usually have a Strat through a Fender 63 Reverb pedal, and a Vox wah wah and into the amp. That's it. I use a SansAmp PSA1.1 and that's running direct into the PA and feeding my monitors. Not much to hide behind.

I run my bass through the same SansAmp but into a different channel. It works great for those nice glassy Strat tones and bass. For dirt I still like a good ol tube head.

Hardrock69
04-11-2012, 02:42 PM
I have 3 stomp boxes.

Firstly is original Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer, then a Boss tuner, then a Boss NS-1 noise gate. Into my Marshall stack.

That is all I use. No use for anything else.

jhale667
04-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Now I'm in a 1 guitar band I'm finding I'm using effects much more but I'm trying to reign it in a bit.

Yeah, I didn't use any effects at all in the 90s, but as I started doing the 1-guitar band thing again I decided it'd be cool to be able to embellish things a bit. Plus doing covers again it helped to be able to better emulate the standout recorded tones of the set list. I have a Line 6 MM4 and DL4 along with an EVH Phase90 in my loop to cover all the flange/chorus/vibrato/echo needs, I'd like to add an MXR Carbon Copy sometime in the future, but I still want to keep things fairly simple.

:guitar:

Seshmeister
04-11-2012, 04:02 PM
I became addicted to my MXR phaser for a while there, trying to get it down to using it under half the time... :)

Kristy
04-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Why are Boss DD3's so in demand over the other shit they have made since?

jhale667
04-11-2012, 05:36 PM

Because it's cool...

sadaist
04-11-2012, 07:30 PM

2998 POSTS!

come on woman....2 more. Make #3000 a GREAT one!

Kristy
04-11-2012, 09:41 PM
I have a DD3.

Golly.

Nitro Express
04-11-2012, 09:49 PM
I became addicted to my MXR phaser for a while there, trying to get it down to using it under half the time... :)

I have one and found I used it more for Hendrix Univibe effects with a Fuzz Face than using it for VH stuff.

Matt White
04-11-2012, 09:56 PM
I am an effects addict..................

just saying................

Hardrock69
04-12-2012, 04:20 AM
I've got more FX at my house. Just don't ever use them. Rack mount stuff that will create any sound known to man or bat.

fryingdutchman
04-12-2012, 06:19 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/11wbqtv.jpg

Damn....that is one epic stomp box setup.

Impressive to look at, but looks impractical to use.

ZahZoo
04-12-2012, 10:26 AM
I have one and found I used it more for Hendrix Univibe effects with a Fuzz Face than using it for VH stuff.

Exact same thing here...

jhale667
04-12-2012, 11:34 AM

I have one of the regular orange ones too that's no longer on my board (much like my MXR Distortion + that I haven't needed since I got a Boogie), but the EVH one in "script" mode with the rate turned all the way down seriously gets you close to the Van Halen I lead tone... I find I like it better for the Univibe type clean sounds too...

vandeleur
04-12-2012, 12:00 PM
I have 3 stomp boxes.

Firstly is original Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer, then a Boss tuner, then a Boss NS-1 noise gate. Into my Marshall stack.

Boss tuner pedal ... Inde fuckin structible .... Awesome kit it just works , best pedal I ever owned

vandeleur
04-12-2012, 12:01 PM
I have 3 stomp boxes.

Boss tuner pedal ... Inde fuckin structible .... Awesome kit it just works , best pedal I ever owned

vandeleur
04-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Dupe sorry dudes

Kristy
04-12-2012, 03:12 PM
I've got more FX at my house. Just don't ever use them. Rack mount stuff that will create any sound known to man or bat.

Still technology hasn't found a way to make Jimmy Page not suck. Go figure.

LoungeMachine
04-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Still technology hasn't found a way to make Jimmy Page not suck. Go figure.

Post of the year.

:gulp:

You and I do agree on a few things at least.....

Kristy
04-12-2012, 04:12 PM
You and I do agree on a few things at least.....

Blasphemer!

kwame k
04-12-2012, 04:20 PM
I think Lounge is Buddhist, actually;)

Hardrock69
04-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Anyone wanna see Pagey at his worst, look at video of the ARMS Benefit with Clapton, Beck, Page, etc. where he does an instrumental version of Stairway To Heaven.....the solo is so butcheringly awful he should have just stopped playing and left the stage.....and it is quite obvious the other heavyweight players on the stage were VERY aware of it.

Kristy
04-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Anyone wanna see Pagey at his worst...

No, not really.

Etienne
04-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Jimmy Page in a very early phase of his career. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0tAOIQiz-8&feature=fvsr

So this is love
04-13-2012, 10:19 AM
But seriously...you make it sound like JP is in the same group as SH come on people......Jimmy Page guitarist of one of the best band in Rock history along with the mighty VH...poking fun at JP is like making fun of EVH in my book...You cannot disrespect the guitar gods

chefcraig
04-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Anyone wanna see Pagey at his worst, look at video of the ARMS Benefit with Clapton, Beck, Page, etc. where he does an instrumental version of Stairway To Heaven.....the solo is so butcheringly awful he should have just stopped playing and left the stage.....and it is quite obvious the other heavyweight players on the stage were VERY aware of it.

Not only his playing, but his appearance and mannerisms were deeply disturbing as well. He looked to be about 90 pounds soaking wet (which he was, as he was sweating profusely) and was doing all of these exaggerated movements that were an embarrassing parody of his former self.

All in all, the guy was a selfish, self-absorbed junkie, and had been one since sometime in 1976. This explains why there is little if any footage of the band after that time on the Led Zeppelin DVD, save for the Knebworth show in 1979. Even then, you can see several parts where Plant is looking at Page in pure disgust, and where the singer pretty much just gives up at the end, blowing all of the vocal ques in "Whole Lotta Love." Plant) generally looks like he rather be anywhere else than on the stage, and of course Page already was in another universe entirely.

And don't get me started on the 1985 Live Aid or the 1988 Atlantic Records shows. How he managed to clean himself up a few months later for the outstanding Outrider tour I'll never know.

Kristy
04-13-2012, 12:09 PM
But seriously...you make it sound like JP is in the same group as SH come on people......Jimmy Page guitarist of one of the best band in Rock history along with the mighty VH...poking fun at JP is like making fun of EVH in my book...You cannot disrespect the guitar gods

Are you on dope? The two are not comparable but for sake of argument, I will anyway.

For one, Jimmy Page does have talent. He has to to be able to pull of the blatant thievery such as he did. His "chops" as a guitar player were marginal at best and thus hardly worth "respect." Page came from a sheltered white English suburban background (as did all of the members of Zep) who, like most white players who appreciated black/blues music never completely understood it; he managed to keep his audience just as ignorant and maintained it by flying Zeppelin (pun intended) under the plagiarist radar for years. If I am to ever give that limey rat bastard any credit it would be in the way Page handled Zeppelin as a businessman more than musician. Of course, a lot of Zep's success did lie with Peter Grant who shred business tactics gave Zeppelin that lewd reputation they were so know for off stage. Page definitively knew how to run Zep like a corporation. He thumbed his nose at the top brass of Atlantic Records never allowing any one of them in a session or give any criticism or input. In fact, Page went to great lengths to draw out contracts to keep record execs out of his doings as long as they sold records. Page also shut out "hangers on", groupies, even family members and allowed for little democratic process when it came to the rest of band's ideas to present themselves. Plant said it himself that Zep was "purely Jimmy's band and that the rest of us were just the missing pieces he needed to fill in his attitude." It's no surprise Plant has no interest in a Zeppelin reunion.

Page was/is an asshole and by rights had to be to keep Zeppelin as popular as he did. Problem with him (as with the rest of the Zeppelin) is that Page let his own success fuck him up: drugs, alcohol, lawsuits for his plagiarism, and a dwindling lack of ideas from 'Physical Graffiti' onwards. To me, all but the first Zep record were recorded poorly with bad mixes and horrible overdubs. Their last album is by far the most ear fatigue listening bag of shit I've ever heard, garbled nonsense made by a junkie fuckwit still disillusioned by the notion that he had something left in him to say. He did not and has not ever since.

Eddie, on the other hand, also came from a white suburban sheltered lifestyle, but unlike Page, came out with a sound that was unheard of before. Eddie never really revolutionized guitar playing but he did in the way of electric guitar tone. Eddie built his own axe from the ground up, he took the instrument to a new level in a way that shocked many people in that the guitar didn't have to play the same role as it always did (especially in a power trio setup). Eddie was/is a thief, too but unlike Page was vociferous abut who he stole from and instead of recycling his influences, he took what he liked, revamped it and tossed out the rest. Unlike Page, Eddie was not a good businessman with VH instead opting for focusing his interest in the playing rather than the money. Eddie made some horrible decisions: the hiring of Hagar, refusing payment for playing on Michel Jackson's record, and then the abomination that was VH III comes to mind. In fact it was Hager alone that literally destroyed anything that was pure about VH, turning the band into another bunch of overpaid rockstar scum and VH went to fun to just another shitty corporate-influenced machine selling their souls to the likes of Pepsi for fuck's sake. That was really the end of VH as far I am concerned.

Like Page, Eddie was a fuck up. Again, drugs, drink, cancer and even a failed marriage took the best out of him (he never really played the same since). Unilke Page, Eddie alienated his hard core fan base remaining reclusive and a wee bit angry as a result. The VH 2004 Tour was a god damn joke, a last hurrah for the Sammy's bank account and VH's credibility. Even with this new album (which leaves me unsettled), finds Eddie attempting to redeem himself and he seems to have the right attitude to make it through. And finally, every VH album (yes, including the Sammy years) were well recorded, produced and mixed as to any shitty, hissy ear fatigue crap that was Zeppelin. At least VH put some god damn thought process into the making of a record!

So you see they are not "gods" but rather fuck up alcoholics and junkies who are not immune to criticisms for their mistakes in life. Eddie is a musical genius but is also an asshole. Jimmy Page is just an asshole.

Nitro Express
04-13-2012, 12:15 PM
"Jimmy Page plays like he has a broken hand or something. He's a great producer and Led Zeppelin I and II are very good albums but I've never seen Jimmy Page play well live." --Eddie Van Halen--

Led Zeppelin were managed by mobsters. Bill Graham had a nasty run in with them. Led Zeppelin was playing at a show Graham was promoting. They wanted a lot of money in cash in advance. Graham had to go to several banks to get the cash and then when he arrived, Zeppelin's manager was there with heavily armed drug thugs who wanted to be paid. The money was for the drugs. Then one of Graham's roadies told some kid breaking into a backstage area to get lost. It turned out it was John Bonham's son and Zeppelin's manager and Bonham demanded to see the roadie. When the roadie entered the trailer they locked the door so Bill Graham couldn't get in and worked his roadie over almost killing him. Bill Graham who was a holocaust survivor said the thuggery he saw backstage at that Led Zeppelin show reminded him of Nazi Germany. They band and their management had that mentality and they were just plain thugs believing them to be above the law and decency. Bill Graham swore he would do all he could to keep that band from ever coming to the San Francisco Bay area ever again. Clearly the band had ties to some well connected criminal organizations and felt they had license to abuse and do whatever they wanted.

Kristy
04-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Page was always a pop-sloppy guitar player. Fuck him. I hope he dies a painful death and soon.

Etienne
04-13-2012, 12:20 PM

I like Led Zeppelin's studio recordings. All of them. They are groundbreaking.

Live? There are many documents which show a Jimmy Page who plays sloppy live, mostly in the lead passages.

Nonetheless, one of the most important rock bands of history.

DLR Bridge
04-13-2012, 12:25 PM

Live? There are many documents which show a Jimmy Page who plays sloppy live, mostly in the lead passages.

Sloppy in glorious fashion on the How The West Was Won CD. Love it.

Kristy
04-13-2012, 12:26 PM

I see. "Groundbreaking" you say? In what way? In that all Zep recordings should be placed in a deep grave and left there never to see the light of day ever again?

DLR Bridge
04-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Regarding the effects set up at the top, there is a guy known as Static who plays for the kick ass band, Ours who has a similar set up. Saw him use it a couple of times. The guy builds up a crescendo of delayed loops of sounds that really is interesting live. Very hypnotic.

Etienne
04-13-2012, 12:34 PM
I see. "Groundbreaking" you say? In what way? In that all Zep recordings should be placed in a deep grave and left there never to see the light of day ever again?

1. Because the sound of the band wasn't heard before. The early recordings.

2. You can hear in almost every modern, post Zep, rock riff influences by Jimmy Page. Especially in Van Halen.

Kristy
04-13-2012, 12:41 PM

2. You can hear in almost every modern, post Zep, rock riff influences by Jimmy Page. Especially in Van Halen.

Okay, you are on drugs.

Their sound was heard before. I'd say try listening to any artist on the Chess Record label first before saying such an absurdity.

As for Eddie being influenced by Page...please, see a therapist.

So this is love
04-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Are you on dope? The two are not comparable but for sake of argument, I will anyway.

For one, Jimmy Page does have talent. He has to to be able to pull of the blatant thievery such as he did. His "chops" as a guitar player were marginal at best and thus hardly worth "respect." Page came from a sheltered white English suburban background (as did all of the members of Zep) who, like most white players who appreciated black/blues music never completely understood it; he managed to keep his audience just as ignorant and maintained it by flying Zeppelin (pun intended) under the plagiarist radar for years. If I am to ever give that limey rat bastard any credit it would be in the way Page handled Zeppelin as a businessman more than musician. Of course, a lot of Zep's success did lie with Peter Grant who shred business tactics gave Zeppelin that lewd reputation they were so know for off stage. Page definitively knew how to run Zep like a corporation. He thumbed his nose at the top brass of Atlantic Records never allowing any one of them in a session or give any criticism or input. In fact, Page went to great lengths to draw out contracts to keep record execs out of his doings as long as they sold records. Page also shut out "hangers on", groupies, even family members and allowed for little democratic process when it came to the rest of band's ideas to present themselves. Plant said it himself that Zep was "purely Jimmy's band and that the rest of us were just the missing pieces he needed to fill in his attitude." It's no surprise Plant has no interest in a Zeppelin reunion.

Page was/is an asshole and by rights had to be to keep Zeppelin as popular as he did. Problem with him (as with the rest of the Zeppelin) is that Page let his own success fuck him up: drugs, alcohol, lawsuits for his plagiarism, and a dwindling lack of ideas from 'Physical Graffiti' onwards. To me, all but the first Zep record were recorded poorly with bad mixes and horrible overdubs. Their last album is by far the most ear fatigue listening bag of shit I've ever heard, garbled nonsense made by a junkie fuckwit still disillusioned by the notion that he had something left in him to say. He did not and has not ever since.

Eddie, on the other hand, also came from a white suburban sheltered lifestyle, but unlike Page, came out with a sound that was unheard of before. Eddie never really revolutionized guitar playing but he did in the way of electric guitar tone. Eddie built his own axe from the ground up, he took the instrument to a new level in a way that shocked many people in that the guitar didn't have to play the same role as it always did (especially in a power trio setup). Eddie was/is a thief, too but unlike Page was vociferous abut who he stole from and instead of recycling his influences, he took what he liked, revamped it and tossed out the rest. Unlike Page, Eddie was not a good businessman with VH instead opting for focusing his interest in the playing rather than the money. Eddie made some horrible decisions: the hiring of Hagar, refusing payment for playing on Michel Jackson's record, and then the abomination that was VH III comes to mind. In fact it was Hager alone that literally destroyed anything that was pure about VH, turning the band into another bunch of overpaid rockstar scum and VH went to fun to just another shitty corporate-influenced machine selling their souls to the likes of Pepsi for fuck's sake. That was really the end of VH as far I am concerned.

Like Page, Eddie was a fuck up. Again, drugs, drink, cancer and even a failed marriage took the best out of him (he never really played the same since). Unilke Page, Eddie alienated his hard core fan base remaining reclusive and a wee bit angry as a result. The VH 2004 Tour was a god damn joke, a last hurrah for the Sammy's bank account and VH's credibility. Even with this new album (which leaves me unsettled), finds Eddie attempting to redeem himself and he seems to have the right attitude to make it through. And finally, every VH album (yes, including the Sammy years) were well recorded, produced and mixed as to any shitty, hissy ear fatigue crap that was Zeppelin. At least VH put some god damn thought process into the making of a record!

So you see they are not "gods" but rather fuck up alcoholics and junkies who are not immune to criticisms for their mistakes in life. Eddie is a musical genius but is also an asshole. Jimmy Page is just an asshole.

I did not say they were saint in anyways....talentwise (totally dig the songs they've written) for me these two guys are up there and they are GUITAR GODS...Now for the rest of your post I agree somewhat you but that was not the point of my comment...

So this is love
04-13-2012, 12:48 PM
"Jimmy Page plays like he has a broken hand or something. He's a great producer and Led Zeppelin I and II are very good albums but I've never seen Jimmy Page play well live." --Eddie Van Halen--

Led Zeppelin were managed by mobsters. Bill Graham had a nasty run in with them. Led Zeppelin was playing at a show Graham was promoting. They wanted a lot of money in cash in advance. Graham had to go to several banks to get the cash and then when he arrived, Zeppelin's manager was there with heavily armed drug thugs who wanted to be paid. They money was for the drugs. Then one of Graham's roadies told some kid breaking into a backstage area to get lost. It turned out it was John Bonham's son and Zeppelin's manager and Bonham demanded to see the roadie. When the roadie entered the trailer they locked the door so Bill Graham couldn't get in and worked his roadie over almost killing him. Bill Graham who was a holocaust survivor said the thuggery he saw backstage at that Led Zeppelin show reminded him of Nazi Germany. They band and their management had that mentality and they were just plain thugs believing them to be above the law and decency. Bill Graham swore he would do all he could to keep that band from ever coming to the San Francisco Bay area ever again. Clearly the band had ties to some well connected criminal organizations and felt they had license to abuse and do whatever they wanted.

I am well aware of Ed's comment it was in GW. As for the history bit, this world we live right now is not any different just being runned in a more hypocrit way.

Kristy
04-13-2012, 12:51 PM
(totally dig the songs they've written)
I do too. As in burying them - especially the Hagar years.

Nitro Express
04-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Page was always a pop-sloppy guitar player. Fuck him. I hope he dies a painful death and soon.

He always looked like a dork on stage. First he wore sweaters on stage and then he went even gayer than that by going with those hideous dragon suits.

Etienne
04-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Okay, you are on drugs.

Their sound was heard before. I'd say try listening to any artist on the Chess Record label first before saying such an absurdity.

Give me an example, please. So we can investigate it track per track.

Nitro Express
04-13-2012, 12:56 PM
What goes around comes around.

So this is love
04-13-2012, 12:56 PM
I do too. As in burying them - especially the Hagar years.

Was refering to EVH and JP writing......I like where SH is now ie Absent

Kristy
04-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Give me an example, please. So we can investigate it track per track.

No. There will no investigation until you see a therapist.

Kristy
04-13-2012, 01:00 PM
He always looked like a dork on stage. First he wore sweaters on stage and then he went even gayer than that by going with those hideous dragon suits.

Yeah, his ego-tripping pseudo-Lucerferian horrible fashion sense. Compile that with his shitty playing - it makes no sense to me. Jimmy Page is the Dane Cook of rock 'n' roll. Plagiarizing embarrassing hack.

Etienne
04-13-2012, 01:02 PM
No. There will no investigation until you see a therapist.

Lame! Tell me what music of the 60s is comparable.

ZahZoo
04-13-2012, 01:04 PM

Probably just the simplicity... I have a DD-7 that I liked since it did more than the DD-3.

I never really paid much attention to any new Analog Delays... I have a 1978 MXR Analog Delay that I bought new. Never looked back and still use it some today...

http://www.eclecticsoundspdx.com/bmz_cache/4/456903e318cc1a539a5c97dc569b5311.image.180x119.JPG

Kristy
04-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Lame! Tell me what music of the 60s is comparable.
60's music? What are you on about?

Look, I don't have the time, money or effort to send you away to a proper musical reeducation camp even if such a place ever existed. You have been brainwashed by Page propaganda or "Pageaganda" as it is commonly known.

Kristy
04-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Probably just the simplicity... I have a DD-7 that I liked since it did more than the DD-3.

I never really paid much attention to any new Analog Delays... I have a 1978 MXR Analog Delay that I bought new. Never looked back and still use it some today...

http://www.eclecticsoundspdx.com/bmz_cache/4/456903e318cc1a539a5c97dc569b5311.image.180x119.JPG

I have a few Boss pedals that belonged to an old boyfriend who still owes me money. I should really Craigslist that stuff - along with his guitars.

Etienne
04-13-2012, 01:09 PM
60's music? What are you on about?

You said the sound of the band was heard before. So it must be the 60s. Led Zeppelin's first record came out 1969.

jhale667
04-13-2012, 01:13 PM

LOVE those...wish I'd bought one as a kid... I saw a vintage on in a shop in Hollywood going for some astronomical price...

Kristy
04-13-2012, 01:16 PM
You said the sound of the band was heard before. So it must be the 60s. Led Zeppelin's first record came out 1969.

Um, Jimmy stole from everybody who he thought were too obscure for his ignorant fan base that has little to do with the 60's: Howlin' Wolf; Sleepy John Estes; Albert King; Sonny Boy Williamson (especially him); Ledbelly; Blind Willie McTell; Little Walter. Although many of these artist were still alive in the 60's, Jimmy had no financial respect for them.

Etienne
04-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Um, Jimmy stole from everybody who he thought were too obscure for his ignorant fan base that has little to do with the 60's: Howlin' Wolf; Sleepy John Estes; Albert King; Sonny Boy Williamson (especially him); Ledbelly; Blind Willie McTell; Little Walter. Although many of these artist were still alive in the 60's, Jimmy had no financial respect for them.

Like everybody he has the right to have influences. He's really not alone with that.

Give me a band name which you think they sound like Zep of the 60s.

Kristy
04-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Yeah, right to not steal from without a shred of courtesy.

Etienne
04-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Yeah, right to not steal from without a shred of courtesy.

For Blues-Licks? Almost every guitarist plays them.

chefcraig
04-13-2012, 01:33 PM

Apparently you've never heard the first Jeff Beck Group album Truth, which predates the first Zep album by several months. It's been pointed out before that not only did Page like the album, he accompanied Beck's band on their first tour. And to top things off, both Page and Jones appear on the album!

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/Skip_MMShadowT/Album%20Covers/truth.jpg

DLR Bridge
04-13-2012, 01:35 PM

Ok, so you read Hammer of the Gods. Tell us how you really feel. If he credited his influences every step of the way, would he still suck to you? Ed was very much inspired by Page by the way. He stumbled onto hammering while watching him FFS. Regardless, I respect your differing opinion.

Etienne
04-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Why groundbreaking? I wrote this:

Kristy, you disagreed especially with "the sound of the band wasn't heard before".

Tell me what band sounded as Zep in the 60s.

Kristy
04-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Oh, okay. That it explains it then.

Etienne
04-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Apparently you've never heard the first Jeff Beck Group album Truth, which predates the first Zep album by several months. It's been pointed out before that not only did Page like the album, he accompanied Beck's band on their first tour. And to top things off, both Page and Jones appear on the album!

I know that album. Still it doesn't sound like Zep to my ears.

Kristy
04-13-2012, 01:41 PM
If he credited his influences every step of the way, would he still suck to you?
Yes, of course.

So this is love
04-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Is Elbow off today??

Jagermeister
04-13-2012, 01:43 PM

Man I haven't heard that in a long time.

Jagermeister
04-13-2012, 01:44 PM

It's kinda does actually. It's just a slower less loud Zep kinda feel IMO.

Etienne
04-13-2012, 01:48 PM

Wich songs?

chefcraig
04-13-2012, 01:49 PM

Perhaps to you, but when Beck heard Zep's debut, he was so agitated that Page had gone to such lengths to rip off his sound that the two stopped communicating for several years, with Beck taking shots at Page over the years in the press.

Jagermeister
04-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Wich songs?

So this is love
04-13-2012, 01:52 PM

Great album!! but that doesn`t make it Zep but just an era of sound influence, just like VH influenced other bands and the Nirvana grunge era...

chefcraig
04-13-2012, 01:54 PM

Hell, look at the pacing of the track listing on both albums, which is identical right down to featuring an acoustic guitar solo on side two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pzMjZSchFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7IOza9RexQ&feature=fvwrel

So this is love
04-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Wich songs?

You have to be open minded...

Jagermeister
I never was a huge fan of that album. Something about Rod's voice just doesnt work for me.

Etienne
A blues like many blues musicians did before.

So this is love
04-13-2012, 01:56 PM
I never was a huge fan of that album. Something about Rod's voice just doesnt work for me.

I think he sounds great.

Jagermeister
04-13-2012, 02:01 PM
A blues like many blues musicians did before.

Yeah. I mean all those guys were trying to make a statement at about the same time. Jeff, Clapton, Page.

jhale667
04-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Yeah. I mean all those guys were trying to make a statement at about the same time. Jeff, Clapton, Page.

And they were all influenced by Delta Blues players...

Etienne
04-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Hell, look at the pacing of the track listing on both albums, which is identical right down to featuring an acoustic guitar solo on side two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pzMjZSchFg

After listening closely again, I have to admit that Shapes Of Things has similarities to some Zep songs.

But this album is a special issue I would say.

Nitro Express
04-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Led Zeppelin was the dregs that were left after everything good left the Yardbirds. Pagie made it the New Yardbirds and then it became Lead Blimp. A mobster managed criminal enterprise that duped the public and got rich off of stolen music who quickly sold the catalog and ran off with the money leaving the suckers who bought it with the legal troubles that would later surface.

chefcraig
04-13-2012, 02:19 PM

Oh, hell yeah. Here are two related versions of the same tune, both featuring Ron Wood and Stewart. Coincidentally, either version would have fit perfectly on Led Zeppelin III.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n14IYeKPQCs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM__HgisHAA

Jagermeister
04-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Oh, hell yeah. Here are two related versions of the same tune, both featuring Ron Wood and Stewart. Coincidentally, either version would have fit perfectly on Led Zeppelin III.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n14IYeKPQCs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM__HgisHAA

Yeah no shit. Page was a robber. :lmao:

Etienne
04-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Have heard something similar as the "Immigrant Song" before? 1970. This riff is unique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqv4sYKlOSM

So this is love
04-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah no shit. Page was a robber.
:lmao: lolololol

Kristy
04-13-2012, 02:39 PM

There is really three types of (American) blues: Delta, Chicago (i.e., electric) and Texas blues. Most limey musicians who were "influenced" by the blues opted for the Chicago citing the likes of John Lee Hooker, Howlin' Wolf, Elmore James, and a lot of the Chess Label (Chicago) musicians such as Chuck Berry, and Bo Diddley simply because, again, they were electrified. That Jeff Beck record plays homage to a lot of the Chicago style of the late 50's to mid 60's even if his playing was a bit haphazard in trying to understand what made these musicians tick. Even Clapton himself said when he first heard 'Key To The Highway' by Big Bill Broonzy(sp?) that he had absolutely no idea he was black. Clapton stated he childhood was sheltered and he had never seen a black person in his life prior to listening to Broonzy.

I don't quite agree with Chef's statement that Beck record was a high influence on Page other than say, the commercial appeal of it. Obviously there was a market and money to be made for playing American black music to the white middle class America as long as it was being done by white musicians themselves. And that is where my bitch with Zeppelin lies. Nothing they did was original or "groundbreaking." It was plagiarism in the most pejorative, disrespectful sense. I have no doubt Zeppy was influential on many a band to follow in terms of blueprinting riff-bashing incorporated rock with blues scales as the structure. Problem was it sucked. It was boring. It was ridiculous. 'Loudness,' anybody?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zZrk_4LHcDM/TKxmyqfHdiI/AAAAAAAAAfc/r7rPWbWaZ5A/s1600/loudness.jpg

Now nobody has a patent on the blues in terms of singing about "wimmin' doing you wrong, etc. My bitch is are you doing these songs from personal experience as in you lived them or was it for the commercialism that many a person has been rejected by somebody as some juncture in their life? Was Page the son of slave owners, did he work in the cotton fields of Mississippi? No, and it doesn't matter, and is highly irrelevant. What does matter is how he stole from the roots of blues by some vicarious bullshit means. And he was genius at it, too. I'll give him credit for that.

Many a musician Page stole from died penniless, unmentioned and uncredited. Only until Page was sued in who knows how many out-of-court settlements did he bother his management at SuperHype music to change songwriting credits to avoid further embarrassment. To me, the guy will always be an embarrassment on the pages of rock history. He built an empire on the backs of those who lived miserable lives but had the original creativity of musical expression that was crucial to their plight of survival in the human condition. This is something Page will never understand and therefore, neither do his fanbase. If for one second you think you know something about "da blooz" from Jimmy Page apart from a pentatonic scale, then your life is very sad indeed.

DLR Bridge
04-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Led Zeppelin was the dregs that were left after everything good left the Yardbirds.

Yeah. I'll just sit here at work and hum some of my favorite Yardbirds songs. Come on. This is preposterous. The Yardbirds!? Good grief.

chefcraig
04-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Have heard something similar as the "Immigrant Song" before? 1970. This riff is unique.

Paraphrasing form Roth's Crazy From The Heat book: "Valerie Bertinelli was hanging backstage during a VH tour, and I had the soundtrack to South Pacific blasting. She had a curious look on her face, so I explained that the singer in Zeppelin used the vocal line from 'Bali Hai' for 'The Immigrant Song.' To this day, I'm convinced she believes Led Zeppelin wrote South Pacific."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=815O6Qj2Nx8&feature=related

Kristy
04-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah. I'll just sit here at work and hum some of my favorite Yardbirds songs. Come on. This is preposterous. The Yardbirds!? Good grief.

That last Yardbirds album that was all Page played is awful. It was in all terms, heavily psychedelic with a lot of fuzz guitar and inane lyrics sung by a burnt out Relf. I just find it odd how he went from that to "da blooz" literally overnight.

Etienne
04-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Paraphrasing form Roth's Crazy From The Heat book: "Valerie Bertinelli was hanging backstage during a VH tour, and I had the soundtrack to South Pacific blasting. She had a curious look on her face, so I explained that the singer in Zeppelin used the vocal line from 'Bali Hai' for 'The Immigrant Song.' To this day, I'm convinced she believes Led Zeppelin wrote South Pacific."

And the guitar riff is stolen from who? The vocal phrase is, indeed, the same. Congrats!

DLR Bridge
04-13-2012, 03:16 PM
That last Yardbirds album that was all Page played is awful. It was in all terms, heavily psychedelic with a lot of fuzz guitar and inane lyrics sung by a burnt out Relf. I just find it odd how he went from that to "da blooz" literally overnight.

I hear you. I don't personally think Page was the start of anything original. A blues movement was in full effect already. I liked his take on it, but more his non-blues playing that followed. As far as the lack of giving credit where credit is due goes, Page and about a zillion other performing artists are guilty as charged.

Kristy
04-13-2012, 03:24 PM
I hear you. I don't personally think Page was the start of anything original. A blues movement was in full effect already. I liked his take on it, but more his non-blues playing that followed. As far as the lack of giving credit where credit is due goes, Page and about a zillion other performing artists are guilty as charged.

Not as blatant as Page did. Getting back to Eddie for a second, I hear, if anything, a lot of power chord struture in his early playing much in the same way Pete Townshend did but there is nothing as far as I can tell from that debut VH album that sounds way too similar to any Who record. Of course, everyone steals from everybody else, even Eddie has stated that. The trick is of course, not to get caught.

Oh, and I'll put up the production of 'Fair Warning' to any shitty Zep recording any day.

Etienne
04-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Not as blatant as Page did. Getting back to Eddie for a second, I hear, if anything, a lot of power chord struture in his early playing much in the same way Pete Townshend did but there is nothing as far as I can tell from that debut VH album that sounds way too similar to any Who record. Of course, everyone steals from everybody else, even Eddie has stated that. The trick is of course, not to get caught.

Oh, and I'll put up the production of 'Fair Warning' to any shitty Zep recording any day.

So EVH isn't influenced by Jimmy Page? "Mean Street" riffs after the intro?

Kristy
04-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Means Street sounds more like a Sabbath riff than Zeppy.

Sorry.

Etienne
04-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Means Street sounds more like a Sabbath riff than Zeppy.

Sorry.

And I disagree. The rhythm together with the drums is typical Zep.

Like the "Immigrant Song" riff.

DLR Bridge
04-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Stealing, borrowing, paying homage, many blurry lines. Have you seen the VH early years documentary? Dave literally stood out in the crowd of Black Oak Arkansas shows with his trusty 8mm movie camera and filmed Jim "Dandy" Mangrum's moves. By '81, Dave looked and acted an aweful lot like the guy. I never saw or read of Dave giving much credit to the guy prior to seeing this video. Is this something Dave "got away with"? He developed his own identity based on an amalgam of other identities. Not unlike Mr. Page.

Nitro Express
04-13-2012, 03:48 PM

Dude. It's only rock and roll. It's not meant to be taken that seriously.

DLR Bridge
04-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Dude. It's only rock and roll. It's not meant to be taken that seriously.

Understood. Connotation lines get hazy 'round here. I don't care as much as I lead on! Can we all agree that it's time for a drink?

Etienne
04-13-2012, 04:14 PM
:) Cheers everybody! For me a coffee...

So this is love
04-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Understood. Connotation lines get hazy 'round here. I don't care as much as I lead on! Can we all agree that it's time for a drink?

hmmm not yet...

Nitro Express
04-13-2012, 04:29 PM
I raise my Corona to you sir!

jhale667
04-13-2012, 04:32 PM
As for musical stealing and borrowing, Zappa said it best "There's only 12 notes in the Western scale. It's ALL BEEN DONE."

kwame k
04-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Stealing, borrowing, paying homage, many blurry lines. Have you seen the VH early years documentary? Dave literally stood out in the crowd of Black Oak Arkansas shows with his trusty 8mm movie camera and filmed Jim "Dandy" Mangrum's moves. By '81, Dave looked and acted an aweful lot like the guy. I never saw or read of Dave giving much credit to the guy prior to seeing this video. Is this something Dave "got away with"? He developed his own identity based on an amalgam of other identities. Not unlike Mr. Page.

I thought later Dave did give Jim Dandy props.....in a little tune called Top Jimmy!

chefcraig
04-13-2012, 04:46 PM
I thought later Dave did give Jim Dandy props.....in a little tune called Top Jimmy!

A different kind of Jim. The Rhythm Pigs came about near the same time as Los Lobos, X and The Blasters, and were arguably the best of all of 'em. Live, they could wipe the floor with just about anyone, including most so-called hard rock acts of the era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeesTvdquRg&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghP15CSSp90

kwame k
04-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Well, there you have it:beers8:

Zing!
04-13-2012, 04:58 PM

Different Jimmy. That song is about James "Top Jimmy" Koncek from the band Top Jimmy & The Rhythm Pigs.

Oops - Chef beat me to it. But there you go.

Matt White
04-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Okay.............enough of this horeshit "I hate him, he's not "original" or for fucks sake "Hes not BLACK so he can't play the blues" retarded arguement..............

LED ZEPPELIN KICKED ASS...............if you don't get it you're musically retarded....end of story, go listen to Van Haggis & fuck off

And enought of the hijaking of this thread....its called GEAR STREET for a reason....

http://proguitarshop.com/media/cms/video/eh-pog2.jpg

Matt White
04-13-2012, 05:09 PM
http://cdn.mos.musicradar.com/images/Product%20News/Guitar/july11/ravish-sitar-460-100-460-70.jpg

The Pog2 or the Ravish Sitar???

I'm getting something soon.............

Which would I use more?!?

Matt White
04-13-2012, 05:11 PM
I got this Danelectro pedal years ago....nice to see it become collectible! Brillaint Hendy-backwards sound!

http://pws.cablespeed.com/~danielzink/musical/backtalk.jpg

DLR Bridge
04-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Okay.............enough of this horeshit "I hate him, he's not "original" or for fucks sake "Hes not BLACK so he can't play the blues" retarded arguement..............

LED ZEPPELIN KICKED ASS...............if you don't get it you're musically retarded....end of story, go listen to Van Haggis & fuck off

And enought of the hijaking of this thread....its called GEAR STREET for a reason.

Agreed about the LZ kicking ass and sorry for my involvement in the hijacking. Cool pedals. I really need a drink.

Kristy
04-13-2012, 05:22 PM

Dat dere's fightun wurds.

You can fuck off too, Matt.

Etienne
04-13-2012, 05:22 PM
I have the Suhr Riot Hi-Gain Distortion pedal. Perhaps the best of its sort. One that I highly recommend.

Here are 2 demos by Mark Day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Feyne-dQxjg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu8gpVbSLTU&feature=relmfu

jhale667
04-13-2012, 05:56 PM

Yeah, apparently SRV never got that memo...:hee:

Did I mention I want an MXR Carbon Copy? :cool:

Etienne
04-13-2012, 06:01 PM
The Pog2 or the Ravish Sitar???

I'm getting something soon.............

Which would I use more?!?

Both are One-Trick-Ponies. I would go with the Ravish Sitar first.

chefcraig
04-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Next to my beyond repair Crybaby wah pedal, my favorite box of all time was a Boss ODB 3 Bass Overdrive, purchased sometime in the late nineties, along with a Danelectro retro power pack. (Naturally, both were stolen from me at a gig one evening.) For one thing, at that time (and currently, as well) it was dirt cheap, yet highly dependable and versatile. It also featured the then rare feature of a built-in adjustable EQ, pretty much unheard of in a low grade distortion unit. It even worked effectively when paired with an electric guitar, bring out a devastatingly beastly low end sludge reminiscent of Mountain or Sabbath.

I can not recommend this little pedal enough. If you see one in a music store, by all means give it a try. You'll be glad you did.

http://img1.imagehousing.com/69/4cc0ee54a196698d3f0823c3057522d3.jpg (http://www.imagehousing.com/image/999084)

Matt White
04-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Dat dere's fightun wurds.

You can fuck off too, Matt.

I have Fucked off....for ages....now be a good Kid & put on some Sisters of Mercy and relax......

At this rate I'm starting to think you're Scarlet Page!

HA!!!

Matt White
04-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Both are One-Trick-Ponies. I would go with the Ravish Sitar first.

That's what my Bro, a drummer, said upon hearing that Danelectro Back-talk pedal....."Where are you EVER going to use that?"

I find a way to use it....works great for PEPPER by the Butthole Surfers!

I am leaning towards the Ravish......I've listened to the Pog2.....I could do the RAIN SONG with it....I mean Jimmy Page probably ripped that off from some struggling Indian Guitarist noone has ever heard of..........;)

Matt White
04-13-2012, 07:50 PM
And...I have to say I dig the EVH phase 90.....................really cops the VH 1 solo vibe................

Etienne
04-13-2012, 08:00 PM
And...I have to say I dig the EVH phase 90.....................really cops the VH 1 solo vibe................

With the script mode button. Which mode do you use more often?

Matt White
04-13-2012, 09:14 PM
With the script mode button. Which mode do you use more often?

With thee button engaged.............."engaged......UH uhH UhuUH huHUh huHUH HUHhhuuh

Yup....really makes those notes sing

Terry
04-13-2012, 10:54 PM
All's I can say is that whenever I do play through my amp (more often than not, I just don't bother plugging in anymore when I play despite only having electric guitars at the moment), I have a psychological need to play through my ProCo Rat distortion pedal.

Have a Boss DD-3 as well, along with an MXR Distortion +, an MXR Phase 90 and a Boss PH-3 phase shifter. They're all sitting in the boxes, rarely used.

Loves that Pro-Co Rat.

Was thinking of getting a wah-wah pedal again...haven't had one since the 1980s...but can't be bothered.

Kristy
04-13-2012, 11:49 PM
At this rate I'm starting to think you're Scarlet Page!

HA!!!

That really, really creeps me the fuck out. I had no idea he ever had a spawn of Satan, er, I mean a daughter!!!

Think I need to take a long break from the Army. This seriously has me creeped out. I'm going to take some Valium and hide away in a dark cave all Johnny Cash style until I can get over this.

So this is love
04-14-2012, 12:03 AM
That really, really creeps me the fuck out. I had no idea he ever had a spawn of Satan, er, I mean a daughter!!!

Think I need to take a long break from the Army. This seriously has me creeped out. I'm going to take some Valium and hide away in a dark cave all Johnny Cash style until I can get over this.

Kristy you have serious issues right fucking now:
1-Are you PMS ing...???.probly
2-Are you a psychotic?? probly...why do I know??? ...I dated alot of them and although they're good in bed... the morning after is terrible...thank god these days are over for me.
2-Are you experiencing a lack of sex or male affection ...probly
3-Are your taxes reporting affecting you.... probly not
4-why do you sound like a freaking annoying bitch all of the time
5- Are you Elbows wife or female version??? probly you're as annoying as he is...lol

get your act together....and no no do not leave us like a loser...just fucking face the facts.

Hardrock69
04-14-2012, 03:45 AM
Leave it to Krusty to get all bent out of shape over me posting something about FX pedals.

Wassamatta U Krusty? Need some good assfucking? :baby:

Christ....

ashstralia
04-14-2012, 07:33 AM
i've got one of these bad boys... sounds amazing.

http://effectsfreak.com/media/product_photo/3221651ccfaf801196d2ff1b1636f62a.png

fourthcoming
04-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Um, it's 2012.......correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Yardbirds break up in 1968? Wasn't Zeppelin formed in 1968? Aren't we a little late to the "Jimmy Page was un-original" argument? Sorry, maybe it's just me but the lead singer for the Yarbirds was as exciting as Ben Stein. NONE of the founding fathers of rock and roll were original. The only original Rock and Roll/blues musicians were all black men!!!! I just found out the Beatles and Stones weren't original either......damn, that ruins everything for me......I now hate the Beatles and Stones.....and Jimmy Page was talentless?......give me a break. But yet we all have to be reminded how original and how genius Jack White is all the time? Hi, I'm Earth......have we met? Does anyone even give a shit that Jimmy Page has a daughter? I don't care if he's banging his daughter!......Robert Plant is still a pussy for playing gypsy music instead of getting back with Zeppelin.....that's the real issue here!

Yount
04-14-2012, 12:28 PM
.Robert Plant is still a pussy for playing gypsy music instead of getting back with Zeppelin.....that's the real issue here!

Bonham is dead. There's no more Led Zeppelin.

fourthcoming
04-14-2012, 03:50 PM

You know what, being a drummer, I can't disagree with you at all. Jason Bonham is definitely not John Bonham. Michael Lee......now that was a drummer.....

vandeleur
04-14-2012, 05:04 PM
For the record I watched jimmy page at newcastle city hall in 88 , pissed as could hardly stand ..... Murdered stairway .... Still think he was a trend setter in his day .... Can't imagine liking a band with a fucked up alcoholic guitarist :biggrin:

Nitro Express
04-15-2012, 02:10 AM
Leave it to Krusty to get all bent out of shape over me posting something about FX pedals.

Wassamatta U Krusty? Need some good assfucking? :baby:

Christ....

I bet Matt Mathews over at Elextroharmonix could make you an Assfuck pedal box. You guitar signal goes into it and it remotely stimulates a dildo you can shove up someones ass or in any other orfice. One output line goes to the dildo or hey we can run more than one at the same time. Then run a line out to the amp. Jimmy Hendrix sung about fucking his music in the song Manic Depresssion. Now you can fuck her up the ass with your music.

ashstralia
04-15-2012, 04:58 AM
drinkin today, nitro? :biggrin:

ZahZoo
04-15-2012, 12:35 PM
WTF?? After reading the recent posts here and in non...

I can only come to the cuntclusion that some of you have purchased the new LZ Bat Shit Crazy pedal and plugged in permanently...

Disturbing... to say the least...

Yount
04-15-2012, 05:27 PM
You know what, being a drummer, I can't disagree with you at all. Jason Bonham is definitely not John Bonham. Michael Lee......now that was a drummer.....

Was expecting the typical "his son can play and it would be just like the original" rant. As good as he is he ain't his father.

I don't know why it's different with Van Halen and Wolf. I guess when Page, Plant and Jones accept baby Bonzo and release a follow up album to In Through The Out Door or Coda, I'll concede that Led Zeppelin is not dead.

Nitro Express
04-16-2012, 12:08 AM
WTF?? After reading the recent posts here and in non...

I can only come to the cuntclusion that some of you have purchased the new LZ Bat Shit Crazy pedal and plugged in permanently...

Disturbing... to say the least...

And I hadn't even gone off the deep end yet. I will keep my most twisted stuff to myself, since I don't want to terrify the masses.:biggrin:

Nitro Express
04-16-2012, 12:09 AM
drinkin today, nitro? :biggrin:

Unfortunately no. :(

Hardrock69
04-16-2012, 04:51 AM
:lmao:

An Assfuck pedal.

All you need to do is actually get a wah pedal and rig it so you can variate the speed of some sort of mechanical fucking device like Howard Stern had on his show once after he went to satellite....he had some naked bitches on there with some motor driven dildos.....man that was fucking hilarious...

I still have the videos somewhere around here....the chicks were hot, too!

jhale667
04-16-2012, 10:09 AM

The EVH Phase90 is awesome. :baaa:

Nitro Express
04-16-2012, 12:20 PM
:lmao:

An Assfuck pedal.

All you need to do is actually get a wah pedal and rig it so you can variate the speed of some sort of mechanical fucking device like Howard Stern had on his show once after he went to satellite....he had some naked bitches on there with some motor driven dildos.....man that was fucking hilarious...

I still have the videos somewhere around here....the chicks were hot, too!

I think you are onto something here. Drive the servo control dildos with a Wah Wah and then it also has a filter setup to create some swanky classic porn tones to go with the moans. Also Assfuck is just a catchy tone name. Ah man, that sounds like a real assfuck.

I think incorporating the mini QTron into the circuit would be the ticket and then have the dildos run in synch with it.

Matt White
04-17-2012, 07:56 AM
flush

Terry
04-17-2012, 08:57 PM

Even beyond that, Page's abilities are shot and as far as singing a good bulk of the Zep tunes Plant's voice is shot as well.

Like, who wants to pay premium prices to see a Zeppelin reunion when the band would have to tune down a 1/2 to a whole step and still have the vocals sound like shit because ol' Percy can't hit the notes anymore?

chefcraig
04-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Even beyond that, Page's abilities are shot and as far as singing a good bulk of the Zep tunes Plant's voice is shot as well.

Not to mention that Jason Bonham has a tendency to bash and plod through the songs, instead of swinging through them like his father. Just listen to the recordings of that 2007 "reunion" show at the O2 Arena, and you'll notice that sonically, something sounds off with the rhythm section. That's the main thing drummers in Zep cover bands always seem to miss, the notion that while being a very powerful drummer. Bonzo also possessed a remarkably light and at times very subtle touch.

Etienne
04-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Not to mention that Jason Bonham has a tendency to bash and plod through the songs, instead of swinging through them like his father. Just listen to the recordings of that 2007 "reunion" show at the O2 Arena, and you'll notice that sonically, something sounds off with the rhythm section. That's the main thing drummers in Zep cover bands always seem to miss, the notion that while being a very powerful drummer. Bonzo also possessed a remarkably light and at times very subtle touch.

Ian Paice from Deep Purple has a similar light "swinging" style. :drum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abSHpCw3ffo

fourthcoming
04-19-2012, 04:51 PM

Absolutely Chef....well said. The first song that came to my mind.....and there's many examples....is I'm gonna crawl. Don't know why that song automatically came to mind.....but he plays with power and jazzy finesse and subtlety. All those bozo hair metal groups from the 80's that tried to constantly rip off Kashmir never could understand that about Bonzo's drumming.

jhale667
04-20-2012, 11:12 PM
IMHO the dude that cops Bonham best (and I'm admittedly biased, lol) is Frankie Banali. He occasionally plays Zep covers at the Rainbow in Hollywood with Mitch Perry, and he fucking nails it. :killer:

Matt White
05-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Wella wella wella........

never been the type to actually make up my mind......

been thinking for ages of either getting the POG2 or the Ravish Sitar pedal...............

I bought both!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

actual pics and a review of each coming this week.............

http://www.rocknrollvintage.com/prodimages/Electro-Harmonix-Pog-2.jpg

http://muzbar.ru/images/ArticleFiles/1815/1815_acousticlink_md.jpg

VimFuego
05-19-2012, 08:07 PM

Like, who wants to pay premium prices to see a Zeppelin reunion when the band would have to tune down a 1/2 to a whole step and still have the vocals sound like shit because ol' Percy can't hit the notes anymore?

From around '74 onwards, Led Zep were pretty much just about the albums, imo.

Hardrock69
05-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Hey Vim.....you play in an experimental band? Or a metal band? :lmao:

jhale667
05-20-2012, 01:10 AM
"Right, Alan's name is Vim, and your mum's dead. Got it. " :lmao:

VimFuego
05-20-2012, 03:32 PM
its more poetical political

kants