• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Warren Haynes - Who?

Yes, who?

Don't know much about this dude other than he has a really nice ES that he obviously substitutes for his small penis and I won't mention his horrible fashion sense. Bought this (along with a bunch of other crap) at the used CD bin because it appeared to be interesting - it's not.

I'm much too lazy to Google his sorry ass but Warren here sounds like every other insipid bar band guitar player recycling the same ol' bar band guitar player riffs and solos. Not sure nor do I care about what in the fuck his "influences" are because his sounds too much like what all his influences are. This is music for those who want to knowledgeable about music - like yuppies who go to bar bands to hear aural blandness such as this.

So I'm out @$6.27. Like I care.
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Doubt he got the Allman Brothers gig because he sucked... Gov't Mule wasn't completely terrible. I prefer Derek Trucks, but Haynes isn't a slouch...
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

He is not a bad player, it's just that he is not all that original or interesting too listen to. Come to think of it, it sounds recycled Allman Brothers.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Warren is probably best known for replacing dead guitar legends... He's toured with the Allman Brothers and with What's Left of The Grateful Dead. He also had his own hippy jam band called Gov't Mule.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Well, that certainly explains the blandness.

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Gov't Mule is a great live band.......it's hippie music for sure but those guys have chops!

Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Oh, he plays with Joe Boringmassa.

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

Warren ROCKS!

You, my dear, have no "ear"...............would he be "interesting" is he greased his hair & played Dead Rockabilly licks that nobody ever cared aboot???

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ofwJw64ohWA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ofwJw64ohWA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UCD_UmsmtSg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UCD_UmsmtSg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-n4CwtcPFKM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><p aram name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-n4CwtcPFKM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

and...for soemthing completely different
                <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9dRGLmOUdA0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9dRGLmOUdA0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

They've jammed with everyone........if you like jam bands they're a fun concert to go to.

Helps if you get really stoned
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Last year's Mountain Jam!

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Comment

• So this is love
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

I like Joe Bonamassa and Wayne Haynes and yes it is better the drunker you are...
                          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                            Warren ROCKS!

You, my dear, have no "ear"...............would he be "interesting" is he greased his hair & played Dead Rockabilly licks that nobody ever cared aboot???
                            Insulting me is not going to make Zeppelin suck any less.

Nice try.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

The original three piece Gov't Mule with Matt Abts on drums and the incomparable Allen Woody on bass was a jaw-dropping live band. Put it this way, after Woody passed away, Haynes and Abts had to replace him not only with another bassist, they had to get a keyboard player as well to make up for Woody's absence. It's a crying shame, as today they are more well known for their uncanny ability to cover other people's songs than for anything they have come up with on their own.

Still one of the top 5 live albums ever made, if you can find it. The reissue from late last decade inexplicably features a rather pointless Hendrix cover featuring Jack Casady and Chuck Leavell instead of the original line up.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...