Looks like Kucinich is considering running for congress in Washington State.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Looks like Kucinich is considering running for congress in Washington State.

Dear Friend,

I have just received this communication from Washington Citizens for Kucinich which asks that I consider running for Congress in Washington State.

This week, while I was speaking in Seattle, the question came up in two television interviews: KCPQ-TV and KING-TV. I cannot approach consideration of such an unprecedented step without seeking advice from you, my friends in Washington State, whose help and generosity have enabled me to serve in the US Congress from Ohio.

I would appreciate your participation in this survey of my Washington State supporters. Please click on this link, enter your email address and zip code, and then vote. I would be grateful for your comments too and shall be reading them on Wednesday.

Your participation and your guidance is critical to my decision.

Your's Sincerely,

Dennis Kucinich
    My brother in law got this in an email.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 04-16-2012, 12:06 PM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

FORD must be ecstatic.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Your brother in law better check the date on that email. I know that Dennis was definitely considering making this move last summer, and the speaking engagement in Seattle he refers to there was probably the annual AM 1090 conference where he appeared, along with all the talk radio folks who are heard daily here in FORD Country.

Here he is discussing progressives and whether or not you can work with teabaggers.......

Sadly, he decided against it, and instead fought for his own seat in Ohio, and got screwed by redistricting. I would have loved to see him here in the new 10th district.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Guitar Shark
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

FORD,

Apparently he's considering it again.

ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

That redistricting thing is a real can of worms. My uncle served as a state senator on the Democratic ticket. He later was asked to be on the committee to redistrict his state voting precincts. The previous committee spent $200,000 and got nothing accomplished. They got the redistricting done but then the Republicans threw a tizzy fit and the whole thing has gone to court. My uncle died of a heart attack in his sleep while all this bullshit was going on. He was one of the few people who went into politics not as a career, but to try and clean things up. He told me he had never been wined and dined so well as when he was a state senator. He said politics today is nothing more than two groups fighting over who is going to get the special interest money. He said there are too many career politicians.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Damn... seems a little late in the political season to be making such a move. I'm not a fan of carpetbagging as a rule, but Dennis is the kind of Democrat we need to see more of in this state. Too damn many DLC'ers (Repuke Lite) in elected seats, and that asshat Dwight Pelz seems to be fine with that. I'm kinda disappointed that Dennis seems to be focused on the 1st district though, when there's an open seat down here in the new 10th district, which is mostly here in Thurston County.

Out of all the candidates that seem to be running in the 1st, Darcy Burner is the only one with any name recognition at all. I think she would have won the 8th last time if Repuke thugs hadn't torched her house, which understandably screwed up her campaign.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

The problem is there are too many bought off lackeys in both parties. I always liked having the power in more than one party but then when you buy off enough politicians you end up with one party with two names. I mean you have Republicans taxing and spending up a storm and wiping their asses with the constitution. They blame the Democrats for that but hey, they don't walk the talk. They don't stand for the Constitutional rights of the average citizen either but they are going to show up to the NRA convention and talk all about rights and then go to Washington and take them away. People have to wake up to the shit. It's a scam. Obama was a scam seasoned and flavored to appeal to the left. Romney is a scam seasoned and flavored to appeal to the right. At the end of the day, Goldman Sachs and JP Mogan Chase can do whatever the hell they want. It's the big club George Carlin talked about and we aren't in it.

Comment

Working...