X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

** POSTPONED ** Official 8/4 Knoxville Meetup/Review Thread

Welcome to the Official 8/4 Knoxville Meetup/Review thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !!
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • private parts
    Sniper
    • Jan 2007

OH HELL YA! Right in my backyard!
    sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• JenniferM
      Roadie
      • Feb 2004

It's about an hour and 1/2 from my house so hopefully we'll be there!

JenniferM
      "Why behave in public if you're livin' on a playground?"

Comment

• don don
        Groupie
        • Jan 2007

I'm about 5 miles from the arena. I'm voting going to Calhoun's on the river for pre-game action. Who's in????

Comment

• INeedYou
          Groupie
          • Jan 2012

Seriously considering this one, too. Knoxville's been on my radar for awhile now, just been waiting for the right gig... Like The Mighty Van Halen... On a Saturday... On a weekend-off!
          No light at the end of the tunnel, due to budget constraints...

Comment

• JenniferM
            Roadie
            • Feb 2004

That would be cool. I don't think there are any bars or anything close to Thompson. It's been a few years since I've been there, though, so I'm not sure. How hard is it to get to since they changed all the streets around up there?

Originally posted by don don
            I'm about 5 miles from the arena. I'm voting going to Calhoun's on the river for pre-game action. Who's in????

Comment

• don don
              Groupie
              • Jan 2007

Actually, Calhoun's on the river is within walking distance of the arena. Probably 1/2 mile or less. The University of Tennessee "Strip" is a cab ride away and there are a few decent bars. Knoxville's "Old City" is also a cab ride away. My vote is Calhoun's on the river because of it's proximity to the arena and they have consistently great BBQ. The bar area is kinda cool too. Should be a good turnout since the show's on a saturday night. Me & my buds will be there. If anyone else on here wants to meet up, let me know. Also, Private Parts, we definitely need to get together especially if your brothers are going to be in town. Lets' rock the hell out!!!

Comment

• JenniferM
                Roadie
                • Feb 2004

Count us in!!

Actually, Calhoun's on the river is within walking distance of the arena. Probably 1/2 mile or less. The University of Tennessee "Strip" is a cab ride away and there are a few decent bars. Knoxville's "Old City" is also a cab ride away. My vote is Calhoun's on the river because of it's proximity to the arena and they have consistently great BBQ. The bar area is kinda cool too. Should be a good turnout since the show's on a saturday night. Me & my buds will be there. If anyone else on here wants to meet up, let me know. Also, Private Parts, we definitely need to get together especially if your brothers are going to be in town. Lets' rock the hell out!!!

Comment

• private parts
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2007

If I can get my honey to see VH again, we're there. That's her birthday weekend and the last thing I need to do is leave her at home on her b'day while I'm rockin out at a VH concert. I'll let you know.

Comment

• Keef
                    Roadie
                    • Jun 2004

Surprised they added K-town Calhoun's is perfect for a few cocktails before the show.

Count me in

Comment

• INeedYou
                      Groupie
                      • Jan 2012

Barely able to focus on a Saturday morning, and I pull a killer pair of seats Section 103, Row 1, right in front of The Man! Gonna kick total ass! Calhoun's it will be, sounds like. Look forward to my first Knoxville show and experience!

Comment

• JenniferM
                        Roadie
                        • Feb 2004

Best we could get was section 121, row 6, seats 1 and 2. But, it sure beats way back on the floor like last time!!L
                        Gets closer to time, we'll figure out a meet time for Calhouns. See everyone there!!!

Comment

• INeedYou
                          Groupie
                          • Jan 2012

I'm thinkin' of bookin' a room at the Hampton on Main, right up from Calhoun's. Anybody got pros or cons for staying there? I'd like to be able to walk it to the pre- and post- VH festivities, and to the gig...

Comment

• private parts
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by INeedYou
                            I'm thinkin' of bookin' a room at the Hampton on Main, right up from Calhoun's. Anybody got pros or cons for staying there? I'd like to be able to walk it to the pre- and post- VH festivities, and to the gig...
                            Its kind of walking distance. The Calhouns is on the river and the Hampton is at a 150ft vertical elevation change in downtown. Still walkable if you don't mind the hill.

Comment

• Keef
                              Roadie
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by INeedYou
                              I would get a taxi down to Calhoun's and walk to Thompson from there. Much easier than legging it from the hotel as has been mentioned. Same thing after the concert. Who knows what kind of buggers are strolling around down there late at night
                              Last edited by Keef; 05-02-2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...