PDA

View Full Version : Buenos Aires 2/11/83

Momshell
04-23-2012, 09:54 PM
I've got this one if anyone wants a copy.

DONNIEP
04-23-2012, 10:12 PM
I've got this one if anyone wants a copy.

Well hell yeah I want one!!! :) :gulp:

What can I do in return for your generosity? Seriously!

Momshell
04-24-2012, 05:30 AM
Well hell yeah I want one!!! :) :gulp:

What can I do in return for your generosity? Seriously!

Trade? You can PM me if you want. I have it burned on my computer - just need to pick up some blank discs this weekend and will burn it.

DONNIEP
04-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Trade? You can PM me if you want. I have it burned on my computer - just need to pick up some blank discs this weekend and will burn it.

I hate to admit it, but I have no idea how this trading stuff works. Seriously. The last thing I got was a 2 disc CD of a Dave live show from Texas, and Catfish sent it to me. Like 6 or 7 years agos - he must have just taken pity on me :) But I'd love a copy - sick of watching it on youtube. And if there's anything I can do in return I'd be more than happy to. I'll grab the blank discs???? And cover postage + ??? Not looking for a freebie at all.

Momshell
04-24-2012, 09:29 AM
No worries. Someone took pity on me here as well. I'd be happy to get a copy to you. I just need a couple of days to get it done. PM me your info and hopefully you'll have it next week. :)

katina
04-24-2012, 10:15 AM
:high5: Hi !! from Buenos Aires Momshell!!

rocking ron
04-24-2012, 03:14 PM
There are 2 different versions of this one and I prefer the one with all those bonus-stuff on it,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,where have all the good times gone?!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Momshell
04-24-2012, 09:40 PM
There are 2 different versions of this one and I prefer the one with all those bonus-stuff on it,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,where have all the good times gone?!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That's the one! Video of pre-show set up and people coming in, with "Could This Be Magic" in the background. Watching it now. Dave is so fuckin amazing in this video - so much energy - he and Eddie are all over the stage. Love this video!

SNIPER
04-24-2012, 09:46 PM
That's the one! Video of pre-show set up and people coming in, with "Could This Be Magic" in the background. Watching it now. Dave is so fuckin amazing in this video - so much energy - he and Eddie are all over the stage. Love this video!

I have this on vhs. Elvie (Light Em Up) and I watched it a couple weeks ago. My favorite era of Van Halen touring wise.

Momshell
04-24-2012, 09:55 PM
My favorite era of Van Halen touring wise.

I agree - the setlist on this one is amazing - Full Bug, So This Is Love, Secrets plus all of the standards - and some throw ins like Summertime Blues.
And, sorry to have to say it, but you know me....Dave is shirtless by the end!!

Light Em' Up!
04-24-2012, 09:57 PM

But Momshell, the bigger question is, does he show you his ass in that one?? LOL!

Momshell
04-24-2012, 10:01 PM
But Momshell, the bigger question is, does he show you his ass in that one?? LOL!

hee hee! No, but his beautiful long hair more than makes up for it! :)

SNIPER
04-24-2012, 10:02 PM
I agree - the setlist on this one is amazing - Full Bug, So This Is Love, Secrets plus all of the standards - and some throw ins like Summertime Blues.

Yup, Just strong songs all the way around.

rocking ron
04-25-2012, 04:42 PM

Hahaha He did in 1980 at PINKPOP // HOLLAND , showing his ass to the audience!!

But it was great he did the show while his nose was broke at that time !!! ( accident in Italy a few days before, jumpin' against a 'disco'-ball during a video shoot or something like that )

Momshell
04-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Hahaha He did in 1980 at PINKPOP // HOLLAND , showing his ass to the audience!!

But it was great he did the show while his nose was broke at that time !!! ( accident in Italy a few days before, jumpin' against a 'disco'-ball during a video shoot or something like that )

Ok. So does anyone have a DVD of the 1980 show in Holland where Dave shows his ass?! :)
He tells the disco ball story in his book. Unless this is a different incident. I thought it was a chandelier that came down from the ceiling after they turned off the lights. Dave didn't know about it since it wasn't down during rehearsals. So he was on the drum riser planning to be midair in a split jump when the lights came on. He described it like feeling it was happening in slow motion. Lights come on and he's midair and sees the thing as his nose hits it!

VAiN
04-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Ok. So does anyone have a DVD of the 1980 show in Holland where Dave shows his ass?! :)
You need a copy of the US Fest, may 1983.

Momshell
04-25-2012, 09:52 PM
You need a copy of the US Fest, may 1983.

Have the VHS - someone's already sending me the DVD! Love it!!

DONNIEP
04-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Watching the Buenos Aires video again...man, what a show!!! :gulp: