X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EddieFan4Eva
    Banned
    • May 2004

Ya gotta love Mike!

But that's not the main reason I brought soundcheck up...

check out this funny moment

Fan at front by the barricade (after Mike sang the 2 Dave tunes): "Mikey!!! Who needs Diamond Dave when we have you???"

Mike: [pauses briefly]: "You know, I would look great in spandex!!"

Now THAT was funny!.......And, while i'm posting.....there's alot of dumb crap being spewed about show attendance, etc......it's this simple, VH is doing well with nearly no promotion and only 3 new tunes. Dave could and would NEVER have sales anywhere near this if he were to attempt a solo tour again. The Sam and Dave tour did fair out of the sheer novelty, and curiosity factors, since it was such a hard-to-believe scenerio. Remember DLR Band? I try not to...it had maybe 2 good songs, musically, and only one of those 2 had bearable performances by Dave. His latest effort (term used very loosely) is mostly covers....push that envelope Dave. Y'all can bash all you want....but unless VH ever takes him back (which they dont have to), he's as good as done...well, unless you count a triumphant run in a Vegas dump.
  • ULTRAMAN VH
    Commando
    • May 2004

Oh yeah right, like Hagar's recent solo efforts were chart busters. Shams solo career with his waborita's was a joke. He had piss poor sales as a solo artist after VH dumped him on his head.

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

::crickets chirping::

Comment

• Hollywood Jesus
        Head Fluffer
        • Mar 2004

Re: Ya gotta love Mike!

Originally posted by EddieFan4Eva

Fan at front by the barricade (after Mike sang the 2 Dave tunes): "Mikey!!! Who needs Diamond Dave when we have you???"

Now THAT was funny!

Still the most entertaining part of Van Halen 20 summers later. Thanks for the nod, Eva.
        "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
        "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Comment

• EddieFan4Eva
          Banned
          • May 2004

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
          Oh yeah right, like Hagar's recent solo efforts were chart busters. Shams solo career with his waborita's was a joke. He had piss poor sales as a solo artist after VH dumped him on his head.
          Nice way to dodge the truth about the good ol' Crypt Keeper. I never said Sammy was as successful on his own after VH.....but, he could outdraw Dave on a solo tour.....Dave really never tours anymore solo...just selected dates here and there. Even still, when Roth played the Keswick Theater near me, and clocked himself on the head with his staff twirling routine, you could've gotten in at the door there...and it's a small place. So, dont preach about Roth's drawing power, either....the only way he'll ever see real crowds again. is if VH were to take him back.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Twat

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Double TWAT!!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'll see your Double TWAT and raise you a cunt

Comment

• lms
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2004

Okay, I guess I am confused...what is the argument? The only way Dave will draw good attendance is to reunite with VH. The only way VH will draw good attendance is to reunite with Dave. (Spam doesn't have good attendance either way). Isn't that sort of like you guys are agreeing? Thats scary.
                  "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Nice way to dodge the truth about the good ol' Crypt Keeper. I never said Sammy was as successful on his own after VH.....but, he could outdraw Dave on a solo tour.....Dave really never tours anymore solo...just selected dates here and there. Even still, when Roth played the Keswick Theater near me, and clocked himself on the head with his staff twirling routine, you could've gotten in at the door there...and it's a small place. So, dont preach about Roth's drawing power, either....the only way he'll ever see real crowds again. is if VH were to take him back.
                    Oh please! As if that makes a shitz difference!

1) F*** you

2) Roth Rules

3) Eddie needs Dave for business and musically too

4) You suck

5) Roth STILL RULES

6) Sammy Hagarita sucks, literally

7) You still suck

8) Alex continues to try to add the humour and business decisions that Roth mastered, but he's failing miserably.

9) Van Hagar sucks

10) So do you.

Defense rests, your honour.

No further questions.

Case dismissed.
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Re: Ya gotta love Mike!

Now THAT was funny!.......And, while i'm posting.....there's alot of dumb crap being spewed about show attendance, etc......it's this simple, VH is doing well with nearly no promotion and only 3 new tunes. Dave could and would NEVER have sales anywhere near this if he were to attempt a solo tour again. The Sam and Dave tour did fair out of the sheer novelty, and curiosity factors, since it was such a hard-to-believe scenerio. Remember DLR Band? I try not to...it had maybe 2 good songs, musically, and only one of those 2 had bearable performances by Dave. His latest effort (term used very loosely) is mostly covers....push that envelope Dave. Y'all can bash all you want....but unless VH ever takes him back (which they dont have to), he's as good as done...well, unless you count a triumphant run in a Vegas dump.
                      You Spammy fans like to pit Dave vs VH w/Sam.

What if it were reversed? I never hear any of you say ANYTHING about the shit state Sam's solo career was in post VH. NEVER.

What would Sammy's sales be solo?

What they were before going back on every vow and bad word he said about Ed, shit.

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Mar 2004

tool

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                          Commando
                          • May 2004

Why are you Anti ROTH FANS on this site. I joined the DLR army to support THE DIAMOND ONE and let the world and VanHagar know that they have made a huge mistake not bringing him back into the fold. And I will not resort to name calling, but EDDIEFAN4EVA AND KIDVEGAS DO NOT BELONG HERE. Go spew your anti DLR campaign on the Links. THIS IS A PRO ROTH SITE. Yes it is a free country and everyone has a right to their opinions .But it is bad enough that Ed AL and MIKE are trying to kill a very special era in VH HISTORY and we have to deal with individuals like you. I think SAMMY HAGAR is one of the most boring unentertaining frontmen ever, but I don't go over to his sight and voice this opinion.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

They's homeless SHEEP!!!!

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                              They's homeless SHEEP!!!!
                              Guwapo man.....stop it, seriously. I'm pissing my pants from that pic, and Im at work.....you gotta stop man, that's way to f***in' funny.
                              http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                              http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                              http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

Working...