X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • private parts
    Sniper
    • Jan 2007

I've been to roth army bizarro world

On the eve of the Nashville Van Halen show I could not wait to get home to post this story.

So I'm leaving the vet with my dog after a check up and I go out to the parking lot to my truck.
    What I see next really blew my mind. Parked next to my truck there is another truck with a VH sticker on the rear window. Pretty much like the one that is on my truck! I laughed out loud and thought about how my wife would get a kick out of that since she has kidded me about having that sticker on my vehicle. As I reach in the truck to get my camera out to take a picture, this guy walks out of the vet with his dog smiling and yells, "Hey you a Van Halen fan!?" I said, "Hell Ya- you too?" He says, "Man I'm a HUGE Van Halen fan. check this out." He starts to roll up his sleeve to expose this killer =VH= tattoo! I thought for a second...wait I've seen that tat before! I said, "Are you a member of the Roth Army?" he says "Hell ya I am" "So I'm I dude!"

Well after finding out his user name was "Don Don", and telling him I had just replied to one of his posts a couple of days ago, we just looked at each other in disbelieve.

Turns out he when to my high school and actually jammed with my younger brother in my mom's basement 25 years ago! I'm not shitting you!

This, on the eve of my journey to Nashville to see the mighty VH and after posting here at the army for the last few months, has got to be an omen.

All I can say is that the stars and planets are now aligned, and I will be traveling to the show with a BIG-TIME grin on my face. ROCK ON!!
    sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

All things are possible through Van Halen.

Oh dear.

Comment

• NIN1211
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
      All things are possible through Van Halen.
      There is a little VH in all of us!

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• Zing!
        Veteran
        • Oct 2011

Cool story.

Good thing it wasn't a bogus ringed Van Haggar logo, eh?
        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• don don
          Groupie
          • Jan 2007

Private Parts...so good to run into you and see you. What a small world we live in! Have an AWESOME time in Nashville and we'll definitely get together in August for the Knoxville show. Give my very best to Steve and Mike. Get ready to rock out!!! Have a safe trip and let's stay in touch!!!

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

HAHA! FUCKING AWESOME STORY!!!

ROTH ARMY REIGNS SUPREME!

That is fucking weird though. Crazyness. Now you guys just need to get more pics of your pets in my pet thread (shameless thread plug).
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• TJMKID
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

It's like Dave always said ---- "There's a little Van Halen in all of us"

I kinda invented my own saying around that ---- "It's Dave and Eddie's world --- rest of us just living in it"

Comment

• NIN1211
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Zing!
                Cool story.

LOL...those stickers only work on Chevy Vegas, Chevettes, Fieros, and Pintos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• NIN1211
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Zing!
                  Cool story.

LOL...those stickers only work on Chevy Vegas, Chevettes, Fieros, and Pintos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Double Post.....Oh well...Fuck Hammy Sagar!!! Mine as well use it!!!
                  Last edited by NIN1211; 04-26-2012, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• private parts
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by don don
                    Private Parts...so good to run into you and see you. What a small world we live in! Have an AWESOME time in Nashville and we'll definitely get together in August for the Knoxville show. Give my very best to Steve and Mike. Get ready to rock out!!! Have a safe trip and let's stay in touch!!!
                    Yo Don Don! I knew you would check the forum and see my post. Hopefully my description of this afternoon was correct (almost seemed unreal!) I still can't believe I ran into you. I told my wife and showed her the picture of your truck and told her the story of our chance meeting. She really was amazed. Also had to call Mike and fill him in. He couldn't believe it!

We'll be in touch.

Comment

• private parts
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2007

B ythe way that is a KICK ASS TAT!!

Comment

• private parts
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by sadaist
                        HAHA! FUCKING AWESOME STORY!!!

ROTH ARMY REIGNS SUPREME!

That is fucking weird though. Crazyness. Now you guys just need to get more pics of your pets in my pet thread (shameless thread plug).
                        Sadaist, I do have a new dog now and will post a pic soon!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

HA! That is amazing. What a small world!

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Watch out for that don don, he's trouble..
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Hummarstra
                              Commando
                              • Feb 2004

Was it kinda like this except outside a vet's office?

Comment

Working...