• Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Journalist Fired for Moonlighting as a Stripper

Texas society reporter fired for stripping; sues paper
    Updated 1h 8m ago

HOUSTON (AP) – A former Houston Chronicle reporter announced Thursday she has filed a federal gender discrimination complaint alleging she was fired because she failed to disclose she also had worked as an exotic dancer.

Sarah Tressler, 30, alleges she was fired by the newspaper in March for not indicating on her employment application that she had worked as a stripper.

"I was very upset that I was fired because I had been told by many editors that I was doing a good job … There was no question on the form that covered my dancing. I answered the questions on the form honestly," Tressler said in a statement.

Tressler announced she had filed the complaint with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission during a Los Angeles news conference with her lawyer, celebrity attorney Gloria Allred.

The Houston Chronicle declined to comment on the complaint. The EEOC said it could not confirm or deny whether it had received a complaint.

Tressler worked as a society reporter for the newspaper from Jan. 19 through March 27. She previously worked as a freelance reporter for the newspaper.

She also wrote a personal blog called Diary of an Angry Stripper, in which she described her life dancing at local men's clubs. Her job as an exotic dancer was first made public by a local alternative weekly newspaper.

Tressler alleges in her one-page EEOC complaint that she was terminated "because my prior activity as an adult dancer was not disclosed when I applied for the job. I believe that the stated reason for my termination was pretextual in that I answered the questions that were put to me truthfully in connection with my application for employment. The true reason for my termination was discrimination on account of my gender."

Allred said after Tressler was hired by the newspaper, she only rarely worked as an exotic dancer.

Tressler's attorney said the ex-reporter danced as an independent contractor and was not an employee of any club and therefore did not need to list her dancing when she applied for her full time position with the newspaper.

"Sarah's work as a dancer is lawful and is not a crime," Allred said in a statement. "It does not, has not and will not affect her ability to perform her job as a journalist."

USAToday

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-11-2012, 07:05 AM.
  • Coyote
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

A society reporter working as a stripper?

Doesn't that work the other way around, too?
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

I would hit that.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I'd hit it too. She looks a lot like a stripper I know actually. In any case, she kept a blog that is now private, and had Jeremy Piven go down on her (he's on a all fish diet you know ):

Former Us Weekly intern and recently outed part time stripper/society reporter for The Houston Chronicle/Diary of an Angry Stripper blogger ...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Allow me gentlemen....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• atomicpnk47
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2007

Comment

Working...