X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Rush European tour announced

I say European, at the moment it's just Scotland, England and Germany.

I am not at all happy about buying expensive tickets for a gig over a year in advance.

If the world ends in December I'm going to be really pissed off...

These new shows are the first UK dates since the band brought their 3.5 hour Time Machine Tour in May 2011 – the tour was met to widespread critical acclaim and included a sold out date at London’s O2 Arena.

May 22: Manchester, England - MEN Arena
    May 24: London, England - O2 Arena
    May 26: Birmingham, England - LG Arena
    May 28: Sheffield, England - Motorpoint Arena
    May 30: Glasgow, Scotland - SECC
    June 4: Cologne, Germany - Lanxess Arena
    June 6: Berlin, Germany - O2 Arena

Rush Tickets are on sale from 9am on Friday 18th May 2012 priced at £60.00/£75.00 + fees.
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You can order a special fan pack of the album 3 weeks in advance of release for £15 which seems not bad value.

Comment

• private parts
      Sniper
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      You can order a special fan pack of the album 3 weeks in advance of release for £15 which seems not bad value.

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.u..._mail_job=2605
      I saw the Time Machine show in April '11. Still ranks as one of the best shows I've ever seen.
      It was......breathtaking. Moving Pictures in its entirety! Are you fucking kidding me!
      sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• loucap81
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        I am not at all happy about buying expensive tickets for a gig over a year in advance.
        Every VH concert I've been to this year, I've bought tickets no more than a couple weeks in advance. I got 11th row for Philly $10 under face value a few hours before the show. I got 5th row to Reading less than a week before the show right off Ticketmaster. I could have bought other nice floor seats for the other VH shows but chose to go a little cheaper. There will always be people looking to unload tickets on the secondary market sites like StubHub for under face, as well as great seats magically opening up a day or two before the show. I almost never buy concert tickets well in advance unless it's for bands no one's ever heard of in a 500 person club that I'm concerned will sell out. But for these arena acts, don't even think about it until a week beforehand.

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

With all due respect though Lou, that's in the States. Can't say for certain that's the way it is in Scotland...
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• VimFuego
            Groupie
            • May 2012

Fuck that.

70 quid just to freeze my bollocks off, sitting at the back of the O2 all night. No way.
            Bet the ViP ones go for £250.
            I seriously love Rush, but fuck that.

Oh thanks for the link to the fanniepack cd, sesh.
            Cheers.

Would any of the Uk mob see VH for £70?
            Yes, from me.

It's a pity VH seem to think the rest of the world are a bunch of wankers or something.
            inb4 we are.
            I could play "Stairway To Heaven" when I was 12. Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was 22. I think that says quite a lot.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah I told the bass player in my band about this tonight and he was fed up. Big Rush fan but far too expensive for him.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I know there is inflation but geeze. You could see Rush and Van Halen for $10 general admission in the 80's. You could afford to buy your date a ticket.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Angel
                  With all due respect though Lou, that's in the States. Can't say for certain that's the way it is in Scotland...
                  It will sell out.

The thing is that it's just 7 gigs for the whole of Europe. The 5 UK gigs are at most only 500 miles apart which means that some fans will go to all of them. Irish people will fly over as will people from mainland Europe. Arenas here tend to be smaller than US ones, usually less than 10 000. Scaled up even the UK leg of this tour would be the equivalent of Van Halen only doing a 20 date US tour, if you view Western Europe as a whole it's like a 4 date North American tour.

As a country of just 5 million it's actually kind of cool Rush still come here, my guess is that has a lot to do with Neil Peart enjoying riding his bike around the highlands.

Still annoyed that they are going to sit on $260 of my cash for a year though...
                  Last edited by Seshmeister; 05-16-2012, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• loucap81
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2012

Here's an idea. Van Halen play Moline, IL on September 21. Rush play St. Louis (4.5 hours south) on September 22. Why not just fly into Chicago, rent a car and see both bands here.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Lou that's genius, it's even a weekend.

Definite maybe...

Comment

• ODShowtime
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I just bought my Rush tickets. The ticket math worked out to pretty shitty seats for me, but I am in the first row of $60 tickets. People sitting one row in front of me are paying double. I like that. I'll be sure to tell them aboot it.

Hopefully Rush won't play so many shitty songs or have a start and stop bullshit setlist like the last tour. Christ if I knew I would have shown up for Moving
                        Pictures and then left. Time Machine Tour setlist was SHIT. And then they even shat all over the best part of Red Barchetta. Please no more songs from Power Windows and Hold Your Fire. They absolutely suck ass and the band SHOULD be embarrassed about them.

Ok enough bitching. I've already seen them play almost every song I'd want to hear. A full 2112 would be a treat it's been like 16 years since they did that.
                        gnaw on it

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The presales over the last day or two have been a joke with all the tickets at the back.

They have gone on sale an hour ago and immediately it was only shitty seats available. It seems that all the halfway decent ones have already gone to the scalper agencies who are already selling them at 2,3 and 5 times their value. These aren't VIP packages just reasonable tickets.

Fuck this.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Rush
                            SECC, Thursday, 30 May 2013 19:00
                            Section: HH , Row: V
                            Number of Tickets: 2
                            Price: £246.89
                            Booking Fee: £37.04
                            Shipping: ( Based on lowest priced delivery to: United Kingdom) £9.95
                            VAT: £7.41
                            Ticket Guarantee: Free
                            Do you have a Gift Voucher?
                            Total Price: £301.29

So that's nearly $500 for 2 tickets 22 rows back 1 hour after going on sale....

Why don't they realise that charging $16 for postage of two tickets, a 3200% markup isn't hiding more profit it just annoys the fuck out of people.
                            Last edited by Seshmeister; 05-18-2012, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Think we'll just take our chances on Ebay next year.

After the financial apocalypse Nitro keeps promising we can barter for them.

Comment

Working...