• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Facebook Public Offering 'Friends' Bono

Bono Likely to Become Richest Rocker on the Planet

Entertainment Tonight, Friday, May 18, 2012, 9:05am (PDT)

U2 frontman Bono is expected to become the wealthiest rocker in the world, with his 2 percent stake in Facebook bringing in an estimated $1.5 billion.

Bono invested in the social media site in 2009, spending $90 million to purchase 2.3 percent of Facebook shares through his private equity firm Elevation Partners. Organizers arranging Facebook's IPO settled on a price of $38 per share and the company and its investors raised about $16 billion in the historic offering.

Facebook, which current CEOMark Zuckerberg and others started in a college dorm room eight years ago, debuted Friday morning on the Nasdaq Stock Market with the third-largest IPO in U.S. history that made the company -- started by current CEO Mark Zuckerberg and others in a college dorm room eight years ago -- the most valuable U.S. firm to ever go public.

The Facebook investment is likely to push Bono into the No. 1 spot of the world's richest musicians, bumping former Beatle Paul McCartney, who is estimated to be worth just over $1 billion.

But don't expect the charity-friendly rock star to go on a spending spree. He's said in the past that money raised from his investments will mostly be funneled to his various philanthropic projects in Africa.

MSN.com
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

"The God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister. And if He was, I'd be happy to loan Him some"
    Last edited by FORD; 05-18-2012, 06:58 PM.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• rocking ron
      Head Fluffer
      • Sep 2010

BONO is singing all day,,...........: IT'S A BEAUTIFULL DAY........................€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€.€.€.€

Comment

• hambon4lif
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

To anyone that purchased shares this morning, and held onto it until closing, you made exactly .23 cents a share. A very lackluster day considering all the hype. It opened at $38, got as high as $42, and closed at $38.23.
        If it should get as high as $42 again, my best advice would be to dump it, in the same exact way they are doing to the public right now. Facebook is far past its zenith, and going live is something they should've done a long, long time ago, while they were still on the rise. The stock will fluctuate between $38 and $44 (at best), but beyond that nobody has any real hopes or expectations. There's really not much farther they can go than where they're at right now (especially when it's currently being choked to death with ads), and it won't be much longer until they're sitting on the curb next to MySpace wondering "what the fuck happened?

My only advice is to proceed with caution, otherwise you'll end up singing "Sunday Bloody Sunday", as opposed to the more upbeat and peppy "It's A Beautiful Day".

Carry On, Soldiers!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Markets are all lower than normal due to Greece uncertainty and probable dissolution/reorginization of the EU.

In a better macro circumstance it could have doubled. I believe in the tech bubble bursting again
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• So this is love
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by hambon4lif
            To anyone that purchased shares this morning, and held onto it until closing, you made exactly .23 cents a share. A very lackluster day considering all the hype. It opened at $38, got as high as $42, and closed at $38.23.
            If it should get as high as $42 again, my best advice would be to dump it, in the same exact way they are doing to the public right now. Facebook is far past its zenith, and going live is something they should've done a long, long time ago, while they were still on the rise. The stock will fluctuate between $38 and $44 (at best), but beyond that nobody has any real hopes or expectations. There's really not much farther they can go than where they're at right now (especially when it's currently being choked to death with ads), and it won't be much longer until they're sitting on the curb next to MySpace wondering "what the fuck happened?

My only advice is to proceed with caution, otherwise you'll end up singing "Sunday Bloody Sunday", as opposed to the more upbeat and peppy "It's A Beautiful Day".

Carry On, Soldiers!
            Yeah I've been burned a few times in life while trading loosing a few cars value and today was manipulation from the pros at best...push the price up and then sell for a nice profit...fucking bullshit!!!! Gecko is alive and well...and the pigs get slaughtered
            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• hambon4lif
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
              Yeah I've been burned a few times in life while trading loosing a few cars value and today was manipulation from the pros at best...push the price up and then sell for a nice profit...fucking bullshit!!!! Gecko is alive and well...and the pigs get slaughtered
              Exactly! The true pirates of the game have already buttfucked it and dumped it by lunch-time when it peaked at $42

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

It will go higher than 42 before a month is out...maybe a week
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• hambon4lif
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                  It will go higher than 42 before a month is out...maybe a week
                  I wish I could be as optimistic, but FB is far beyond the top of its game as far as how many users it has, and how much more it could possibly expand. My instincts tell me to have my eyes out for an up-and-coming social network that could not only compete with them, but surpass them.

There's always a bigger fish....

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                    Markets are all lower than normal due to Greece uncertainty and probable dissolution/reorginization of the EU.

In a better macro circumstance it could have doubled. I believe in the tech bubble bursting again
                    Looks like Greece was inspired by this though......

Greece No Longer a Nation; Announces Plan to Become Social Network
                    IPO Imminent for FetaBook

ATHENS (The Borowitz Report) – After struggling for months with an intractable financial crisis, Greece announced today that it would cease to exist as a sovereign nation and would instead reboot itself as a social network.

The new entity, FetaBook, is expected to raise much-needed billions in an upcoming IPO.

The social network formerly known as Greece announced that it would cancel its upcoming elections and instead install a CEO, a 24-year-old hacker from suburban Athens named Ciro Mavromatidis.

Speaking from the newly opened offices of FetaBook, Mr. Mavromatidis explained how the social network would be attractive to the investment community in ways that Greece was not.

“We’re keeping all the aspects of Greece that made it a cool brand – the ruins, the Olympics, the olives,” he said. “We’re just losing the things that were a drag on the Greek economy: namely, the Greeks.”

He said under the new plan, all Greeks would cease to be citizens of Greece and would instead become friends of FetaBook: “They won’t receive any government benefits anymore, but they’ll be able to grow all the imaginary food they want.”

Mr. Mavromatidis said that by converting from a nation to a social network, FetaBook will enjoy other cost savings as well.

“We Greeks waste billions of dollars a year smashing plates after meals,” he said. “Now that’s going to be done by an app.”

http://www.borowitzreport.com/
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• So this is love
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2012

I wish I could be as optimistic, but FB is far beyond the top of its game as far as how many users it has, and how much more it could possibly expand. My instincts tell me to have my eyes out for an up-and-coming social network that could not only compete with them, but surpass them.

There's always a bigger fish....
                      My first IPO I bought into a decade ago, todays share value is 2/3rd of the initial offering and it never came close the initial offering...its a scam Today it was a pump and dump for the traders...

I have made quite alot of money in the mkt at some point...in fact I spent 2 years playing news only at 8:30am everyday 15 minutes a day and I was making as much as my day job salary during those two years...

Comment

• hambon4lif
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        Looks like Greece was inspired by this though......
                        Just in case anyone thinks our "too big to fail" banks didn't have anything to do with Greece's current riots/uprising, I recommend they watch this, and re-think that. (part 4 in particular, but it would benefit you greatly to watch it in its entirety).

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...r-wall-street/

"It's extremely difficult to change gods, and right now that god is finance, and it's a very cruel and destructive god"

Comment

• So this is love
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

Just in case anyone thinks our "too big to fail" banks didn't have anything to do with Greece's current riots/uprising, I recommend they watch this, and re-think that. (part 4 in particular, but it would benefit you greatly to watch it in its entirety).

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...r-wall-street/

"It's extremely difficult to change gods, and right now that god is finance, and it's a very cruel and destructive god"

Dude Banks are the worst scum on earth...call me crazy but I see changes ahead of us....I can't believe younger generation will accept this shit...and thanks for this vids

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
                            Dude Banks are the worst scum on earth...call me crazy but I see changes ahead of us....I can't believe younger generation will accept this shit...and thanks for this vids
                            Banking is now the wild west. There are no regulations on it and if there are they are just blatantly violating them because they own the politicians. The best thing for Greece would be to default. Everyone talks about Greece but nobody talks about Iceland and Spain. Let the banks fail because by propping them up they are just turning us into debtor slaves and will end up owning everything in the end. They just print the money from nothing get everyone in debt and then take real assets and in the end they get real stuff from lending fictional numbers in a computer network. What a scam.

If Greece defaulted it would go back to being the old Greece. It would make buying a German car more expensive but they would get a huge amount of tourists coming there for a reasonably priced vacation. I loved Italy when it was on the lira. You could go into Gucci and buy great stuff at a great price. When they went on the Euro the leather, the shoes, the suits all became expensive.
                            Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-19-2012, 01:12 AM.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

I posted about those Frontline episodes (there are 2 2-hour episodes) a couple of weeks ago. When the crisis began, there were some experts in Washington who wanted to let the banks or brokerages fail for the reasons mentioned above....as propping them up was just throwing money away...

Comment

Working...