PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision, what do you think

envy_me
05-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Eurovision is a pretty big deal here i Europe. I have been listening to all the countries non stop for two days at work :-/ I swear, I usually NEVER pay attention, but since I we have to play it at work, I am pretty familiar with the songs.

I have to say that most songs really suck. Except for the Swedish song. Sweden will kick everybodys ass this year. I am not only saying cause I am from Sweden. Loreen is the only one with a decent song and act.

What do you all think :D who will win? Will you watch? Do you have a favorite?

To mods: I didn't post this in Music cause it's more of a competition between countries, than music.

binnie
05-22-2012, 01:50 PM
A 'big deal'?

Really?

I thought most people saw it as excuse to point and laugh at Johnny foreigner.......:D

envy_me
05-22-2012, 02:37 PM
A 'big deal'?

Really?

I thought most people saw it as excuse to point and laugh at Johnny foreigner.......:D

Oh yeah, it's a HUGE deal. It's a hype. But that doesn't stop us from laughing at Johnny :D

VimFuego
05-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Eurovision is facking great. It's serious business, this is.

Obviously, the UK will win and not Sweden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNv9pjqZkk

envy_me
05-22-2012, 04:26 PM
NO WAAAY, UK. You have no chance.

Sweden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4PMQB5zmAU

Coyote
05-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Thanks, but no thanks.

ESC doesn't exactly hold an interest for me, due to its lousy content. (And Pernilla isn't exactly a beacon of hope, y'know. Heja Sverige, och din döttrar!)

envy_me
05-22-2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks, but no thanks.

ESC doesn't exactly hold an interest for me, due to its lousy content. (And Pernilla isn't exactly a beacon of hope, y'know. Heja Sverige, och din döttrar!)

Oh, Suomi. I liked Pernilla :-)

BITEYOASS
05-22-2012, 06:27 PM
All I have to say is that they better have something funny on Eurovision, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEos9VLtgFU

Or something weird and French like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwT9W-3OojI&hd=1

rocking ron
05-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Many many years ago it was funny, with the whole family watchin' // listening to the songs and after that lookin' who gives who most points!!!

And this all at one night without pre-competitions because at that time there were less countries in Europe, and ofcourse in the past it was also a bit political but these days...

c'mon......before hearing a single note you know who gives who the maximum points.....it's also getting to commercial last years............

Many many years ago it was fun.........you remember Sweden with a band called ABBA........many many years ago they sang about 'Waterloo".......(and won)

At this time the ESC has found his//her 'WATERLOO'....................:amen:

envy_me
05-23-2012, 02:39 AM
Many many years ago it was funny, with the whole family watchin' // listening to the songs and after that lookin' who gives who most points!!!

And this all at one night without pre-competitions because at that time there were less countries in Europe, and ofcourse in the past it was also a bit political but these days...

c'mon......before hearing a single note you know who gives who the maximum points.....it's also getting to commercial last years............

Many many years ago it was fun.........you remember Sweden with a band called ABBA........many many years ago they sang about 'Waterloo".......(and won)

At this time the ESC has found his//her 'WATERLOO'....................:amen:

I agree, it is political. Neighbouring countries give each other points.

But it's not that strange that countries that are close, in the same region like the same music. For example song from Finland this year is in swedish language. Of course we will give it more points then Germany will. Balkan countries all used to be one country until 20 years ago. They are more probable to like the same thing.
Loreen from Sweden has been on top of the charts in Norway, Finland, Danmark.

Jérôme Frenchise
05-23-2012, 09:09 AM
You can't go more KITSCH than Eurovision. Year after year it's grown kitscher and kitscher,
and especially since the 1990s it was a miracle that it's still existed.

Here's a set of "worst of" it, for our non-European fellow members who might not know about that.
The "best of" can be mistaken for the "worst of", by the way... :biggrin:

This didn't compete in the ESC, but it could have, and maybe could have won, even (was posted in FORD's worst videos thread) :

envy_me
05-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Wow, Sweden was amazing!!! You're welcome, Europe!

Coyote
05-27-2012, 05:29 PM
This didn't compete in the ESC, but it could have, and maybe could have won, even (was posted in FORD's worst videos thread) :

Oh God, what narcotics did you give to the looney who thought "YMCA" would translate well into Finnish? :lmao: