X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nigel
    Roadie
    • Mar 2004

Now that VH has some time off. . .

They should do some TV and Radio Interviews. Remember those media outlets, guys?

Get on Piers Morgan and whoever else will have Dave talking it up.

Slash was great on Piers last night, but then they give Gregg Allman chance to put a sentence together (it only took 15 minutes); poor guy, AND they gave Motley Crue a whole fucking hour just to talk about their Vegas gig.

For Christ Sakes VH and Interscope, use the fucking media!!!
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Dave's old TV interviews are hilarious...I'll never forget him tossing the guitar across his bedroom to make a point on E! that was classic. He should get back out there.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

I think it's high time we see Van Halen on the Simpsons!
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

The sisters (Alex especially) are embarrassed and afraid to let Dave out on the interview circuit...

They take their music "seriously" and they (again Alex especially) don't think Dave does the same...

It would be cool to see Dave make the rounds, but it's not gonna happen...

Comment

• loucap81
          Head Fluffer
          • Apr 2012

Says who, you?

If anyone shouldn't interview it's Ed. Talk about inarticulate and incoherent, even when sober. Truly, he gives you nothing without a guitar in his hands.

I've been told that Alex is articulate but shy. I think if he wanted to, he'd give a pretty good interview.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

From seeing him hanging out in the store during my music retail days, Alex seems quite talkative...
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by loucap81
              If anyone shouldn't interview it's Ed. Talk about inarticulate and incoherent, even when sober. Truly, he gives you nothing without a guitar in his hands.
              Incoherent, even when sober? A bit harsh.

Comment

• fourthcoming

I wanna see Wolf and Uncle Dave interviewed together.....their in the same band correct?

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by loucap81
                  Says who, you?
                  Hell fuckin' yes !!

And my perspective is based on everything the sisters have said about Dave over the years...

Sure Alex is articulate and the sisters are painfully shy, but Dave is still being kept on a leash...

I think it fucking sucks...

Comment

• Zing!
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2011

Go through their back catalog of concert vids and pick a few out to be remastered for DVD.
                    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• fourthcoming

These guys are all pushing 60 except Wolf. They don't need to do redundant interviews anymore. They don't need to get their name out everywhere like the old days to promote album or ticket sales. Their Van Halen......their legends.....they don't wanna be bothered with that shit anymore....don't need to do it. Dave was still doing the interview circuit right up untill he re-joined the band cuz let's face it, he needed to. I think the guy is the greatest front man of all time....I'm sure 99% of us here do as well.....but he was falling into mainstream obscurity before re-joining the band. These guys wanna chill out, be with friends and family on their down time and live their lives. Fans need to get over the fact that Famous musicians, sports figures, actors etc......they only care about their fans to a certain extent. They don't care about us the way we care about them.....and there's nothing wrong with that. These dudes arent 20 yrs old and hungry for success....figuratively and literally. So what if they don't do any interviews.....what the hell else is there to know that most of us here don't already know? All I need is for them to make kick ass albums, and put on kick ass live shows, and maybe open the vault....and I'm cool. If they make some time to rehearse the shit out of some different tunes for the next leg, and Uncle Dave takes the time to re-learn the lyrics, that's cool too. The days of Hit parader and Circus magazine are long gone for most of us VH fans.....we aint spring chickens anymore either......and why the hell would I wanna see some tool like Pierce Morgan interviewing anyone from Van Halen anyway?
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-24-2012, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• loucap81
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                        Incoherent, even when sober? A bit harsh.
                        Did you read the Esquire interview? That was work to get through that, and a reminder of why Ed shouldn't be giving interviews and normally doesn't.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Yeah, I mean, I may question some of what he says, but I can clearly understand him now that he's on the level. He seemed to do an OK job on those black and white interviews with Dave & Alex.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                            These guys are all pushing 60 except Wolf.

who gives a fuck ??
                            They don't need to do redundant interviews anymore.

Dave never did a redundant interview...

They don't need to get their name out everywhere like the How long will it take to feel a difference? to promote album or ticket sales.

Sure they do, it could only help...

Their Van Halen

Who's Van Halen ??

......their legends

You're illiterate...

.....they don't wanna be bothered with that shit anymore....don't need to do it. These guys wanna chill out, be with friends and family on their down time and live their lives.

Says who, you ??

and I'm cool.
                            No you're not, and the rest of your post is utter bullshit...

Comment

• fourthcoming

Did I just get interviewed without knowing it? Excuse me for my incorrect use of Their, instead of They're........thank you Professor Elvis......the King of literacy. And i say that with a smile and absolutely no anger whatsoever.....I know you thrive on that sort of thing. Thanks....R.I.F.

Last edited by Guest; 05-24-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Working...