X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mook157
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jun 2004

Van Hagar Concert in Philly

I was at the concert in Philly the other day and i have to tell you it was better than I expected it to be. About 30 minutes into the show they play Jump....... Now all the songs played prior to this were Hagar recordings. I heard the intro music and then i heard one of the worst versions of jump ever. It was just not the same with out Diamond Dave. And if anyone else has been to the concerts in this years tour how many frickin shirts does he go through in the 1 show?
  • Lou

You mean they didn't start with Jump the second night?

That sucks though that we've now lowered the standards to the point where "better than I thought it was gonna be" is supposed to be a compliment.

Comment

• Nigel

Hey Lou, you'd better hurry because you were only 3 yrs.old when Jump hit the airwaves.

We all know you're just so curious to see Eddie and Alex. Why don't you very quietly sneak out from your parents to see the BEST FUCKING BAND that ever was.

Look past Mr. Hagar and concentrate on THE BAND. I really think they are going to be famous. Why, the band is even older than you! Meanstreet was actually their finest hour, but, hey you were only a "twinkle in your mother's eye".

If you start saving money every week from your paper route, you might catch them, before Eddie becomes a heroin addict.

Comment

• Lou

Well you obviously think the band was a trio plus a singer from day one, and that's just sad. Especially since you lived it. God damn it I am so tired of this bullshit like "You weren't born yet." I guess then I can't appreciate Mozart, Beethoven and Brahms then huh? None of us can under that logic.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nigel
          Hey Lou, you'd better hurry because you were only 3 yrs.old when Jump hit the airwaves.

We all know you're just so curious to see Eddie and Alex. Why don't you very quietly sneak out from your parents to see the BEST FUCKING BAND that ever was.

Look past Mr. Hagar and concentrate on THE BAND. I really think they are going to be famous. Why, the band is even older than you! Meanstreet was actually their finest hour, but, hey you were only a "twinkle in your mother's eye".

If you start saving money every week from your paper route, you might catch them, before Eddie becomes a heroin addict.
          Nigel...could you please put some more effort into your unsolicited attacks on Lou...anyone can lurk here and get their ammo from ZahZoo and Brett posts.

Dont be lazy.
          Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• scottydabodi
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

Van Hagar Sucks Live?? NO WAY DUDE!!

Van Hagar sucks live, and I'm surprised HOW?? F-Sammy, and F-Eddie for not doing the right thing for Rock Music... get Dave back you friggin TARD!!!!
            The Body has Spoken
            TheLabMusic.com
            If you listen to fools
            The Mob Rules

Comment

• bobthedog
              Groupie
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by scottydabodi
              Van Hagar sucks live, and I'm surprised HOW?? F-Sammy, and F-Eddie for not doing the right thing for Rock Music... get Dave back you friggin TARD!!!!
              The Body has Spoken
              TheLabMusic.com

VAN HAGAR SUCKS LIVE !!!!!!!! Watch a concert with Dave to see how much better it was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Even Dogs know the difference.

Comment

• Catfish

Originally posted by Nigel

Who's this fucking idiot?

Comment

• Mook157
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Jun 2004

Has anyone been to the concert? I went to see Eddie , Alex and Mike. I realize that i dont have the same passion to hate Sammy as most of you guys but HE FUCKIN SHOULDA STAYED WITH MONTROSE AND LEFT VH THE HELL ALONE.

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Chilled Pish - Welcome To The Astral Lounge
                      Originally posted by flappo
                      i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
                      translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• lms2

I caught Van Hagar in Denver. Sorry Army folks, but the arena looked pretty full to me... and I don't think I will buy any crap about them being Freebie tickets either, cause the ticket sales line was packed.

The concert was really good. It would have been better had it have been Dave; but even though I hate Spam simply because he replaced Dave, I have to say, he is not fat. I think maybe its just the colors he wears. Makes him appear larger than he really is...guys remember that, I think thats why neon condoms were invented. He was in really good shape and just played the shit out of the audience. Signed everything that was thrown up on stage.

Eddie looked good. Okay, he looked a little rough around the edges, but hey sometimes life will do that to you. His playing sounded great. He wore his hair down. His guitar was not all marked up. He played quite a bit solo, and for me, a classic Van Halen fan who has waited a long time to hear Eddie play again, it was quite a treat. As far as contributing to the energy of standard "concert" type show...it did little. What it did was to give it a bit more of a personal feeling. A nice touch for someone like me, but I can see where that might not appeal to everyone in the audience. He did not appear to be a drunken mumbling idiot on his last legs. He appeared to be a middle aged rock star enjoying the shit out of being on stage again. Long live Eddie Van Halen.

Michael Anthony looked, played, and acted like the same Michael Anthony I saw last in 1983. Well, okay, he may have looked slightly different...but his voice sounded great. He played with the fans, signed autographs, threw tons of pics and smacked palms throughout the whole show, and seemed to be having the time of his life. What can I say, Michael takes a lot of heat for being a tool, but of all past, present and future Van Halen members, he is the one I envy the most. Rock on Michael, Rock on...

Alex Van Halen. Stuck behind the drums for the most part. Played great. And thats all I am going to say about Alex. I am a poor sport. I went to the concert to see Eddie, Alex and Michael. I got a smile (okay, a few smiles) from Michael, I got a good smile from Eddie, but not from Alex. I am let down and dissappointed. For that reason, I will not give Alex a good review. (But in all fairness, stuck behind the drums does not give you much personal contact with the audience.)

Wolfgang Van Halen. Is he the future of rock and roll? We will see, all in good time. He played great. He seemed a little shy yet and only time will tell if the bright lights call to him or not. I did get a smile from Wolfgang, and that was a bonus. He seemed like a sweet kid. Some people may question if it was/is right or wrong for Eddie to capitalize on Wolfgang, but my opinion is that it was a real treat to see Eddies son on stage with him. Good luck and god bless, Wolfgang.

David Lee Roth. Not there. Busy in New York becoming a better person... I missed him and wished with all my heart he was there. If I could have changed anything about the concert, thats what it would be. To see classic Van Halen. There was only one Dave era song I felt like Van Hagar totally trashed, but the rest of it sounded good; it just would have sounded better have David been fronting the band. David Lee Roth...long live the legend.

Sorry guys, I wish it would have sucked and I could have given them a bad review...it just didn't.

Comment

• lms2

Comment

• Lou

By default you're not gonna give them a bad review because you're a Van Hagar fan. Glad you have lowered standards. Looking at that setlist I would have cried if I had spent $90 or more on that shit.

Comment

• lms2

whatever you say.

Comment

Working...