• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Van Halen Interviews - Part V

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • SilvioDante
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

I may have said this before in another thread, I wish they would have bundled these interviews with the CD instead of the acoustic stuff. Classics....
    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Good to hear Alex talk some..found myself laughing out loud at the end.." If it has to be explained to ya, you'll never understand it."....sounds like the RA credo

Comment

• perrin29
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

I love these videos. I feel bummed when the clip is over. I really do hope they bundle them up and release them at some point as they really do need to release a dvd/blu from this tour. So many classic moments. As no show has ever been the same they should go through all the material and pick the gems out. Make these interviews the second disc, guaranteed seller.

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

man , fucking love it ... watching that makes me smile my tits off .....great to see alex being more involved.
          maybe its me but they look and sound like a band ...maybe it took some young fuck to bang their heads together and give them some prespective..... wow maybe somebody said enjoy what you have you know it aint gonna last for ever ..... who knows but we aint ever had VH shit like we have had this year ....EVER....
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Inside.intel
            Full On Cocktard
            • May 2012

great @ the end they actually laugh together.
            Live Right here in Nashville TN always had and always will the smile with the style the voice that leaves you no choice I heard you missed me, I'm back!!!! thank you very much and how the hell are ya!!

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Yeah, they really seem like they hate each other. That was great, but all of them have been. Funny how Dave's a better interviewer than half the "journalists" they talk to.

Also gotta say, waited til I got home to watch this, and since I upgraded my processor and video card - zero issues with Vimeo vids (or 98% of YouTubes, for that matter) buffering endlessly.
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• don don
                Groupie
                • Jan 2007

I think I enjoyed this one the most so far. Seems like they're more "relaxed" in this one. Probably because it was later in the filming session. I always think it's funny how if one is quiet and/or shy that he/she is judged as being an asshole. From the looks of it, Al may be even more "uncomfortable" in these segments than Ed. But he is obviously loosening up. I think they accept Dave and his "daveisms" better now than they ever have, clearly. It's amazing to me that they are back together at all. But I'm thankful that seem to have "matured" without growing up! I hope it stays that way until the band ends the way we know it! Thanks Va for the post! Keep 'um comin' my friend!

Comment

• Momshell
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

Love it too - I feel like these guys have got to be the coolest guys on the planet! I would kill to just hang with any of them (especially Dave ) in a bar and have a few drinks (or water, for Ed). Cracked me up when Dave said "do they still do that" (girls chasing the rock stars down the street) - are you kidding me Dave? Take a walk down my street and see what happens!
                  Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                    Full Member Status

• May 2010

Sure is nice of those guys to do these.

Sure is nice of VH DLR Reps and The RA Mods, to give this stuff to us.

Sure is nice to see them talk to each other as opposed to a documentary, that is made to stimulate
                    commercial air time monies for some ad company.

Nice to hear DLR mention, Inside Looking Out by Grand Funk...My top #2 all time tune sure is nice.

These cats .

Mutha On.
                    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• TJMKID
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

Gets me misty-eyed watching these videos --- not only because I thought I'd never see these 3 guys talking like good friends about the old days --- but also because they represent the end of an era.

Who's gonna watch Lady Gaga or Rihanna sit down like this 35 years from now and reminisce? They will babble like retards --- "Yeah....umm....so Madonna and Mariah Carey influenced me a lot.....and....um.....I dunno"

Dave, Eddie, and Alex are from the old school --- they have a colorful background that grew organically from a fertile history of music that preceded them. Today's artists don't have that appreciation or culture.

Wolfie got the right DNA but he don't have the rich experience these guys have --- and that's why the real Van Halen will die when Dave, Ed, and Alex are in the ground.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                        Sure is nice of those guys to do these.

Sure is nice of VH DLR Reps and The RA Mods, to give this stuff to us.

Sure is nice to see them talk to each other as opposed to a documentary, that is made to stimulate
                        commercial air time monies for some ad company.

Nice to hear DLR mention, Inside Looking Out by Grand Funk...My top #2 all time tune sure is nice.

These cats .

Mutha On.
                        Roth On!

Again with The Mighty VH!

I bet fucking Dave WOWED them with his rendition.....fucking screams and all...betcha they never heard a singer before like Dave that up close.....and VH was Born. Good Luck Shoes!

Lol Phil from Genesis should have listened to this song then he might still be making music WITH Genesis.
                        Last edited by SunisinuS; 05-29-2012, 10:56 PM.
                        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

keep that in mind when they say goodbye we can't get this stuff no more...great...
                          Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Man. I wanted Dave so bad to ask Alex if he still ever plays guitar or even can at all.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                              and that's why the real Van Halen will die when Dave, Ed, and Alex are in the ground.
                              Van Halen won't die when these guys do. They'll simply stop touring. But you can bet the music lives on and new (old) recordings are released long after the fact. Shit, we still get new Elvis material every couple years.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...