PDA

View Full Version : IDIOTS - Stop Whining - Dave's Solo stuff is better than anything Van Halen did!!!!!!

dave_is_vh
06-19-2004, 01:39 AM
Is this the David Lee Roth board - or the Van Halen whiners board?

Most of Dave's solo CDs are better than the Van Halen CDs.

I've got a compilation CD of Dave's best solo stuff and another compilation CD of the best VH stuff and you know what - I prefer listening to the solo stuff. It is much more Dave.

Imagine what Dave thinks when he comes to this site and sees everyone bitching and moaning about Van Halen. It must make him feel like shit.

FUCK Van Halen.

All I want is Dave.

DAVE IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

MUSICMANN
06-19-2004, 01:46 AM
Dude your off your rocker if you think Dave solo is better than the stuff he did when he was in Halen!!

dave_is_vh
06-19-2004, 02:02 AM
The VH stuff may be more "classic", but Dave solo is more "better".

dave_is_vh
06-19-2004, 02:08 AM
Anyone who thinks the VH stuff is better than Dave's solo stuff is both closed minded and living in the past!!!!!

Hello!!! It is no longer 1984!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take "No Big Ting" or "Drop In The Bucket" over "And The Cradle Will Rock" or "Jamie's Crying" any day of the week!!!!!!!!

You guys need to get your heads out of Eddie's ass.

MUSICMANN
06-19-2004, 02:27 AM
You have to be the dumbest fucker on this sight. Your right it's not 1984 anymore, but Dave wrote the fucking lyrics and melodies for the cradle will rock and jamie's cryin. You need to get out of Vai's ass. Anytrhing that VH or Dave put out after they split is nothing more than a shell or a hint of what they did togeither. stupid fucker!!!

dave_is_vh
06-19-2004, 02:48 AM
You are correct. I must be a real dumb fucker. But at least I know how to spell the word "site" as in "web site".

Sarge
06-19-2004, 09:46 AM
I think everything Dave has done since Van Halen is way better than Van Hagar.

As far as Dave's music being better when he was in Van Halen..
I would have to say tha I like a mixture..

All of the classic stuff is stellar...

bru87tr
06-19-2004, 10:27 AM
no way! lol

I love DLR solo but better than original VH ? thats just got to be a joke and you have got to be kidding. you might prefer to listen to it now over classic VH but better ? I think not. try again!

EddieFan4Eva
06-19-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by dave_is_vh
Anyone who thinks the VH stuff is better than Dave's solo stuff is both closed minded and living in the past!!!!!

I'll take "No Big Ting" or "Drop In The Bucket" over "And The Cradle Will Rock" or "Jamie's Crying" any day of the week!!!!!!!!

You win the prize....without a doubt the stupidest friggin' human being to ever breathe oxygen, let alone post here. Dave's solo stuff...at best...is Van Halen Jr. Closed minded? Stuck in 1984? Living in the past? You just describe DLR, and 99% of the people on these forums!!!! Get a grip and by some hearing aids.....cant help ya with the stupid part, that's just you.

EddieFan4Eva
06-19-2004, 10:51 AM
You win the prize....without a doubt the stupidest friggin' human being to ever breathe oxygen, let alone post here. Dave's solo stuff...at best...is Van Halen Jr. Closed minded? Stuck in 1984? Living in the past? You just described DLR, and 99% of the people on these forums!!!! Get a grip and buy some hearing aids.....cant help ya with the stupid part, that's just you.

Bad Muthafucker
06-19-2004, 11:05 AM

Drop In The Bucket...now there's an under rated classic! i've been saying to my friends since the day that Dave released his Best Of that he should have ended it off with that song.

pete
06-19-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by EddieFan4Eva
You win the prize....without a doubt the stupidest friggin' human being to ever breathe oxygen, let alone post here. Dave's solo stuff...at best...is Van Halen Jr. Closed minded? Stuck in 1984? Living in the past? You just describe DLR, and 99% of the people on these forums!!!! Get a grip and by some hearing aids.....cant help ya with the stupid part, that's just you.

you are the most stupid fuck alive.

If he's the "stupidest" (WHAT AN ASSHOLE), you're a fucking dog turd with sever learning defects.

Go home and convince yourself that Van Hagar mediocrity is modern.

You fucking fecal parasite.

EddieFan4Eva
06-19-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by pete

If he's the "stupidest" (WHAT AN ASSHOLE), you're a fucking dog turd with sever learning defects.

What was that? For a minute there it sounded like a dog fart...oh wait....that's just pete opening his mouth again!

pete
06-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by EddieFan4Eva
What was that? For a minute there it sounded like a dog fart...oh wait....that's just pete opening his mouth again!

That fart smell is your wife who boycotted all things masengil long ago.

you're even dumberer! (I'm sure that qualifies as english in your ignorant little world)

Baby's On Fire
06-19-2004, 01:15 PM

I agree with you on this. Songs like Drop In The Bucket, Big Trouble, Baby's On Fire.......every bit as good as classic VH songs.

Dave solo has much more variety in sounds.

dave_is_vh
06-19-2004, 01:20 PM
Most of you people who say VH is better than Dave's solo stuff probably haven't even heard any of the Dave CDs since EEAS and Skyscraper.

Well guess what, Dave's best solo CDs are arguably the ones he did after Skyscraper.

Furthermore, even if you have some of the post Skyscaper CDs, you obviously haven't listened to them closely. Or you have hard rock tunnel vision!!!

DAVE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby's On Fire
06-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Most of you people who say VH is better than Dave's solo stuff probably haven't even heard any of the Dave CDs since EEAS and Skyscraper.

Well guess what, Dave's best solo CDs are arguably the ones he did after Skyscraper.

Furthermore, even if you have some of the post Skyscaper CDs, you obviously haven't listened to them closely. Or you have hard rock tunnel vision!!!

DAVE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALAE has always been my favourite. But he shoulda left off Shoot It and Hammerhead Shark. Fucking awful.

Vocals on ALAE are outstanding, there's power in the voice.

hot for david
06-20-2004, 12:50 AM

I've got a compilation CD of Dave's best solo stuff and another compilation CD of the best VH stuff and you know what - I prefer listening to the solo stuff. It is much more Dave.

Imagine what Dave thinks when he comes to this site and sees everyone bitching and moaning about Van Halen. It must make him feel like shit.

FUCK Van Halen.

All I want is Dave.

why you said that , i'm not sayin' that dave is not awesome n' great , but think this HE IN CONBINATION WITH THE VH BROTHER N' MICHAEL A. DID GREAT MUSIC , they together are awesome , i love dave too , but i preffer see vh togehter again .

Bill Lumbergh
06-20-2004, 12:25 PM
I will say that I think Dave's solo stuff is very underrated, even by the Roth fans on this site. I've seen poeple say they WOULD NOT buy a Roth solo rarities box set.........To each his own, but that's a shocking statement from hard core fans.

BrownSound1
06-20-2004, 12:54 PM
I like most of Dave's solo stuff, but with the exception of EEAS, it doesn't have the same snap and sizzle as classic Van Halen does.

Mezro
06-20-2004, 02:27 PM

Hey Pete....that is classic man...fecal parasite!

Mezro...look in your anal tissue for a hard chomping, nut zapping, fecal parasite

guwapo_rocker
06-20-2004, 03:25 PM

What he said!!!!

lms2
06-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Okay, I am not that hard core. I like Classic Van Halen best. Then Dave solo, sometimes more than others. But what the hell, I like some van hagar too.

bru87tr
06-20-2004, 04:30 PM

DAVE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry - I own all of Daves solo discs and still I listen to EEAS and Skyscraper the most! I love ALAE and YFLM and DLR Band discs but still they dont come out as much as EEAS and Skyscraper. even CFTH comes out more. fuck it they are all good but my point is EEAS and Skyscraper sold more for a reason... they had more EDGE!!!!!!

dave_is_vh
06-21-2004, 01:02 AM
I don't understand why people like EEAS so much. I think all of his other CDs blow EEAS away. Something about EEAS, sounded like Dave was trying too hard or trying to give people what they want, not what he wanted to give them. On the other CDs he lets loose more and does his own thing. Elephant Gun is the only song on EEAS that is a Dave classic in my opinion. Your Filthy Little Mouth on the other hand is loaded with classics. Classics that most of the hard rock fans on this site will never listen to hard enough to appreciate.

Bill Lumbergh
06-21-2004, 10:06 AM
This is blasphemy here, but I prefer Skysrcaper and ALAE slightly over EEAS.

Foozwah
06-21-2004, 10:15 AM

You know what? I totally fucking agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I loved 'classic' VH, but when the big split happened it just didn't have that much impact on me, cos I knew Dave was always going to do something else great, and Eddie was a whiny little bitch at the best of times. When Dave released CFTH before he even left the band it already showed that he wasn't a one-trick pony, and EEAS kicked motherfucking goals with both feet. 'Yankee Rose' VS 'Why Can't This Be Love?'? Give me a fucking break, there's nothing there to even debate.

Sure, it's been up and down for Dave ever since, but along the way there's been some GREAT music in a variety of styles on EVERY DAMN ALBUM HE'S MADE. I'll take that any day over the stench-ridden flood of poxy power ballads and whiny-bitch nonsense that the brothers spew out every time they need to top up their bank accounts at the expense of all the dumb-as-a-post fans who either don't know any better, or are so blinkered and living in the past that they'll happily chow down on any scabby, pus-filled offerings that the brothers deign to scrape off their shit-encrusted little dicks and serve up to the eternally-deluded VH faithful.

tjvhou812
06-21-2004, 10:47 AM
van halen 1 is the greatest cd ever period.....

its never ever gonna be topped.....

dave solo stuff is good
but it will never be as good as van halen stuff

Foozwah
06-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
dave solo stuff is good
but it will never be as good as van halen stuff

Reality check to table three. :rolleyes:

tjvhou812
06-21-2004, 11:01 AM
van halen 1 is way better than any of dave's solo cd's period

bru87tr
06-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Skyscraper is my fav dave solo too. why didnt Damn Good make it on the daves best of ? my fav song by him and dont know how it could have been left off.

Foozwah
06-21-2004, 07:34 PM
van halen 1 is way better than any of dave's solo cd's period

Like everything written by everyone here, that's just a personal opinion, and that doesn't make it the truth. I'd rather listen to EEAS or ALAE anyday than something with that wanker EVH playing on it. :D

dave_is_vh
06-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by bru87tr
Skyscraper is my fav dave solo too. why didnt Damn Good make it on the daves best of ? my fav song by him and dont know how it could have been left off.

Because Dave is bitter about that song. It was the beginning of the end for him. It was the first video of his that MTV didn't play. After that they played a little of "A Little Ain't Enough" on MTV but then it was lights out for Dave and MTV. Damn Good started the downfall.

dave_is_vh
06-21-2004, 09:36 PM
Van Halen I is definitely the best CD of all time. Except of course for all of the Dave solo CDs.

vh1978-1984
06-21-2004, 10:09 PM
i prefer classic van halen roth to his solo stuff but i do like dave's solo stuff, except for your filthy little mouth over van hagar. i thought eat em and smile was a classic and parts of skyscraper are great except i always hated the title track, a little aint enough was the most underrated with my favorite roth song "it's showtime" and your filthy little mouth other than a few songs never caught my attention. i like the dlr cd a lot and it is my 2nd fav behind the classic eat em and smile. as far as van hagar goes i liked 5150 when it first came out but unlike the classic roth vh cd's it has not aged well and i can no longer stomach more than a couple of songs and ou812 and fuck were decent at best with a few good songs but nothing that would make me want to listen to them again and balance i don't even remember and vh-3 i never heard. just my opinion.:)

TMR
06-21-2004, 10:56 PM

100% AGREE!

VH cd's don't even come close to Dave's solo work.

tjvhou812
06-22-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by TMR
100% AGREE!

smoke another one bro

tjvhou812
06-22-2004, 12:11 AM
put it this way if dave was never in vh and he just had his solo shit he wouldnt be gettin into the rock and roll hall of fame....

classic vh is the shit period

tjvhou812
06-22-2004, 12:13 AM
and if every1 likes dave solo shit better, why does every1 want dave back w/vh

because vh is the better shit

kidvegas
06-22-2004, 12:30 AM
you guys need to get a fucking life!!Hagar rules these streets at night!!
KID VEGAS...........

guwapo_rocker
06-22-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by kidvegas
you guys need to get a fucking life!!Hagar rules these streets at night!!
KID VEGAS...........

Ohhhhh man you're so fucking funny.
Okay, you can get back to picking the willknots off Spammy's
butt hairs now.

Bad Muthafucker
06-22-2004, 08:54 AM
and if every1 likes dave solo shit better, why does every1 want dave back w/vh

because vh is the better shit

i personally just want to see dave stomp edward's ego into the ground and put him in his place doing the dishes and mopping up that floor cuz big bad eddie is sweet little edward now!

more than anything, i wish jason becker was still healthy and with dave.

bru87tr
06-22-2004, 09:02 AM
didnt know that about Damn Good.

L.S.D.
06-22-2004, 11:32 AM

FUCK Van Halen.

All I want is Dave.

Its official, you are hands down the biggest fucking retard to walk the earth.

dave_is_vh
06-24-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by TMR
100% AGREE!

Glad to see someone else here is not suffering from heavy metal tunnel vision.

Anyone who thinks VH is better than Dave solo hasn't listened to much Dave solo.

dave_is_vh
06-24-2004, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by bad_muthafucker
more than anything, i wish jason becker was still healthy and with dave.

I second that. Drop In The Bucket was written by Becker and is arguably the best song Dave ever did. Imgaine what might have been...

Bill Lumbergh
06-24-2004, 03:18 AM
I agree............I started a thread a while back about how under appreciated that tune is.

dave_is_vh
06-24-2004, 03:55 AM
I can't get Drop In The Bucket out of my head.

You gotta love a song with lyrics like:

Right up the middle
Touchdown that's the game
Extra point and you're never the same

If Sam put these lyrics in a song of course he would be talking about football. Dave, of course, is talking about sex.

scottydabodi
06-28-2004, 12:07 AM
Well, I'd say that ANYTHING with Dave on it FUCKING ROCKS, then there's the other stuff... that DOESN'T rock... Ed, and Alex can line up, pucker up, and let the ass kissin' begin, cuz THEY besmearched a dynasty that could've gone down as the greatest EVER, now it's smeared with the Hagar CRAP, and Cherone Bullshit... Only DAVE can save them now... AND THAT'S THE DAMNDEST BOTTOM LINE THAT I EVER BOTTOM LINED!!!!!!!!

Bad Muthafucker
06-28-2004, 09:18 AM
david should have ended his Best Of album with drop in the bucket.

dave_is_vh
06-28-2004, 09:47 AM
Drop in the Bucket is better than any VH song. It really is Dave's best song ever.

Terry
06-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Don't think Dave would be too upset about people on this site moaning about Van Halen. Shit, 90% of his live setlists for the last 5 years are nothing BUT classic Van Halen.

I dig classic Van Halen and Roth's solo career. Pretty much an even split as far as what I listen to. But classic Van Halen had very few disposable songs for me, or songs I could give a shit about if I ever heard again or not, whereas Dave's solo career has about a dozen or so tracks that I don't bother playing.

To play devil's advocate, Roth's solo forays had maybe a bit more variety than classic Van Halen did, but I can't say that alone makes Roth's solo stuff better. I'm not really looking to compare a Roth solo disc to classic Van Halen when I buy it, but the high points on EEAS and the DLR Band are comparable to what classic Van Halen did in terms of getting my rocks off.

That being said, Diamond Dave, Roth's last effort, didn't really do much for me. Not even talking in terms of how it stacked up against classic Van Halen either. Maybe it'll grow on me in time, like YFLM did.

Think most of the whining re:Van Hagar stems from a belief that Dave should have been back in the band in 1996 beyond those two BOV1 songs, and that there's been a lot of wasted time that could have been put to good use by the classic lineup.