PDA

View Full Version : Need help with an external DVD burner - no internal DVD rom drive on PC

DONNIEP
06-22-2012, 10:43 PM
I picked up an LG GE24 external DVD burner today. I specifically told the people at Best Buy that my PC does NOT have an internal DVD drive. They said this thing would work without one. I've installed the software and I even got the thing to "copy" or read the source DVD. Then it told me to put in a blank DVD which I did. Nothing. So my question is can I use this thing to copy the info from DVD and then use it to burn a new DVD?

I have a buddy that copies all my stuff for me but I want to do this shit here at home and I want to do it fucking NOW. Any suggestions?

clarathecarrot
06-23-2012, 12:46 AM
There are smarter PC Nerds around here than me but it sounds to me like if you bought a external DVD burner reader that it is made to do exactly that...get a movie from your collection use the new drive to load it onto your PC put it in a folder in My Documents. (or it will just show up as a movie in My Docs.

Once it is loaded you may need to buy a decrypter to copy it...yes another software there is "free ware" out on the web

Then use the burning software that came with the burner and see if you can load from PC to blank DVD.

Did it also include NERO or some burning software..program..you will need that in addition to a burner.

The problen here is movies are laoded onto a DVD by the manufacturer a small bit larger than the size of a DVD it is thier trick to beat copying.

So these decrypting free ware programs you may need enable you to remove things like the japanese laguage subtitles from the movie to make it smaller for a DVD that you have.

If you are burning music it should be a breeze..load cd to My Docs and then from My docs to blank DVD or CD. ( again you may need NERO or a "burning program".)

There are some storage and editing music software programs around for making party discs just get involved by googling question and reading the web nerd takes on burning..it's all out there.

Sometimes after you load to My Docs you can just copy using the software in your PC like copying pics to a disc same theories just different bits.

Hardrock69
06-23-2012, 04:37 AM
Do Google searches for DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink v3.2 and you can copy any DVD known to mankind.