X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadsy
    Groupie
    • Apr 2012

Van Halen 45's

I have a collection of over 40 Classic era Van Halen 45's , are there any you know of that are worth much ?

Have a bunch of Jap pic sleeves , UK / US / European releases and a few US mono/stereo promos.
  • mh5150
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2010

The HFT 45 in the plastic sleeve might be worth something. I think that is the one I have too.

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Call Cato...

Comment

• VHscraps
        Veteran
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by sadsy
        I have a collection of over 40 Classic era Van Halen 45's , are there any you know of that are worth much ?

Have a bunch of Jap pic sleeves , UK / US / European releases and a few US mono/stereo promos.
        I have a box of same, including the cool HFT US 45 in the plastic sleeve that mh5150 mentions, and a bunch of Japanese and European releases. Lots of DLR 45s as well.

I think if you sold them to a store the value, I imagine, would be minimal. You could try looking on the website of Vinyl Tap, a UK 2nd hand store, and see if you can find any of the items you have for sale. That might give you a guide price:

http://www.vinyltap.co.uk/

You'd also find out if you listed them on eBay and waited for offers. My guess is that you'd wait a long time to realise any real value. I am about to move house and I was thinking of getting rid of a lot of bulk - CDs, LPs, etc - and after a few hours looking online at what I might get for the items I was left thoroughly depressed at how much the bottom has truly fallen out of the 2nd hand market for vinyl and, particularly, CDs.

Depends on collectors, really, and what they are looking for. One of the problems for these kind of singles ever really being collectible is that Van Halen never, ever - in the Dave years (78-84) - released a single with a rare or otherwise unreleased B-side. I think the first Van Halen single to have a non-album b-side was a Van Hagar release that had Little Feat's 'An Apolitical Blues' on the b-side.

All there is to differentiate the CVH singles are the sleeves, which seemed to often be different in the various European territories, and the labels. I have a few radio promos with the same A and B-side, except one side is a radio edit.

The digital era has killed the 2nd hand trade, even in what would once have been very collectible items.

Fck you Bill Jobs, or Steve Gates ...
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• sadsy
          Groupie
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by VHscraps
          I have a box of same, including the cool HFT US 45 in the plastic sleeve that mh5150 mentions, and a bunch of Japanese and European releases. Lots of DLR 45s as well.

I think if you sold them to a store the value, I imagine, would be minimal. You could try looking on the website of Vinyl Tap, a UK 2nd hand store, and see if you can find any of the items you have for sale. That might give you a guide price:

http://www.vinyltap.co.uk/

You'd also find out if you listed them on eBay and waited for offers. My guess is that you'd wait a long time to realise any real value. I am about to move house and I was thinking of getting rid of a lot of bulk - CDs, LPs, etc - and after a few hours looking online at what I might get for the items I was left thoroughly depressed at how much the bottom has truly fallen out of the 2nd hand market for vinyl and, particularly, CDs.

Depends on collectors, really, and what they are looking for. One of the problems for these kind of singles ever really being collectible is that Van Halen never, ever - in the Dave years (78-84) - released a single with a rare or otherwise unreleased B-side. I think the first Van Halen single to have a non-album b-side was a Van Hagar release that had Little Feat's 'An Apolitical Blues' on the b-side.

All there is to differentiate the CVH singles are the sleeves, which seemed to often be different in the various European territories, and the labels. I have a few radio promos with the same A and B-side, except one side is a radio edit.

The digital era has killed the 2nd hand trade, even in what would once have been very collectible items.

Fck you Bill Jobs, or Steve Gates ...
          Top man !! Thanks for the info - think the Jap singles may have a little value but not much else , also the DTNA picture disc. May well have a little auction on Ebay and see how it goes !!

Comment

• SNIPER
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

I have a Yankee Rose / Shy Boy one.

Comment

• VHscraps
              Veteran
              • Jul 2009

Yes, the DTNA picture disc will be one of the most collectible - I still have it, and a bunch of the Japanese ones, which have never been played.

I used to have pics of all mine ... wonder if I can still find 'em ...

Seeing as I am winding down with a beer or three after a day trying to write a goddam report, here goes. I just scanned these and uploaded them to Flickr. Singles I have from Fair Warning:

1. Mean Street b/w Push Comes to Shove (Italian release)

2. So This is Love? (Mono) b/w Hear About it Later (Stereo) (US Radio Promo)

3. Unchained b/w So This is Love? (German release)

4. Hear About it Later b/w Mean Street (Netherlands / Belgium release)

I don't believe they ever released a single from that album in the UK. They probably ran out of image ideas for the goddam covers ...
              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• sadsy
                Groupie
                • Apr 2012

Have just listed 3 Jap singles for the time being , will start on Ebay tonight about 11pm UK time

You Really Got Me / Atomic Punk
                Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love / Runnin' With The Devil
                On Fire / Jamie's Cryin'

Let's give it a go !!

Comment

Working...