X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Supremes Uphold Health Care Law

Consider me absolutely shocked, pleasantly so....

I won't paste any articles, it's a news clusterfuck right now......
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

That sucks...

Comment

• hambon4lif
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

This is hardly surprising that the supremes would uphold this law....

....Diana Ross and Mary Wilson are both outspoken Obama supporters.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
        That sucks...
        Blame your boy John Roberts, he ended up being the swing vote....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Pleasantly surprised the SCOTUS didn't do a Shitizen's United-style partisan hackjob on this one...
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

No surprise from a Supreme Court that sides with corporations. That's who wrote the healthcare bill or may I say the largest tax increase in US history. The screwball thing about the mandate is employers will drop their employees from the insurance and pay the fine because it will be cheaper. So more people will lose their health coverage. The government will just get more tax money while the people get less coverage. What good is it to keep your kid on your insurance until they are 26 when the parents have no insurance and just pay higher tax because it's cheaper.

So in other words, the bad situation has become worse and we pay more for it. This just means higher taxes, less people hiring, and less choice over your healthcare. Enjoy!

Medicare was better than this shit and this shit is actually robbing the real socialized medicine to pay for itself. This will do nothing to lower the costs of healthcare or make it available unless of course you have the right political ties and that of course will be used by the politicians to gain favoritism.

The whole stinking system is corrupt and it's going to take a constitutional convention to get it back on track.
            Last edited by Nitro Express; 06-28-2012, 11:15 AM.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

This will cause the already high cost of sick care to really skyrocket...

The CBO already more than doubled it's 900 BILLION cost forecast...

But I guess the sheep enjoy the idea of paying more tax to be controlled by the nanny state...

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                ...or may I say the largest tax increase in US history.
                It's exactly that.

The largest tax increase in US history.

"ruling that its key provision – an “individual mandate” to buy health insurance – is constitutional under Congress’s taxing authority." LINK

I wonder how The Obama campaign ads will spin that? The Romney campaign just got resupplied some potent ammunition. Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax
                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Mittens can't say too much or "Robomenycare" memes will start up again. He's kinda screwed on this one.
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

The Randtard speaketh...

Sen. Rand Paul says Supreme Court isn't the boss of what's constitutional

Idiot Sen. Rand Paul (Gage Skidmore/Flickr ) The wisdom of Sen. (no, really, the guy's a senator) Rand Paul : Just because a couple people on the Supreme Court declare something to be ‘...

The wisdom of Sen. (no, really, the guy's a senator) Rand Paul:

Just because a couple people on the Supreme Court declare something to be ‘constitutional’ does not make it so. The whole thing remains unconstitutional. While the court may have erroneously come to the conclusion that the law is allowable, it certainly does nothing to make this mandate or government takeover of our health care right
                    Yeah, just because the Supreme Court decided something was constitutional doesn't make it so! It's Rand Paul who decides that! It's not some stuffy board that says Rand Paul is an opthalmologist, Rand Paul will decide whether or not he's an opthalmologist! He'll tell you, damn it! It's in the Constitution! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Just because something's a flapjack doesn't make it a porcupine! Get me my Constitution-writing pen!
                    Isn't there some crash course that new senators get in what the Constitution is, who decides these sorts of things, and so on? Seems like there should be a crash course.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

What the hell is that crap ??

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

I like the part where it's a tax.

Durr...the fact that you had to look it up, and it fits exactly what I am describing, shows to me you are stretching.

Huh?
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I have very mixed feelings for this "victory" for Obama. Firstly, it is no more Obamacare than it's GOP-Congresscare and there are a lot of provisions in this thing that are blatant giveaways to the insurance industry...

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            Blame your boy John Roberts, he ended up being the swing vote....

Blame? I'm thanking him right now. He made sure to make it clear it was a tax, and also is adding fuel to the voting fire for November. He basically is telling the American people that if they don't want this damned thing they gotta get rid of Obama themselves.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

It's not a tax, you big orange monster...

The federal government loves you and want to see to it that you have available the best health care possible...

They're going to protect the money and make the best choices for you on how to spend it, because they love you and wouldn't want you to be hurt by the evil insurance companies...

Comment

Working...