X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckjitsu
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2012

Wishlist for Next Leg of Tour

Other than there actually being a next leg, what would everybody like to see next time around?

For me, my main thing would be the setlist. I'd love it if they'd cycle in more/fresh tunes from the new album (play As Is already, damn it!). I'd have no problem with Tattoo, China Town and TTWN being cycled out in favor of other tunes. If they wanted to keep those tunes, then drop I'll Wait, YRGM and maybe one or two other tunes so other ADKOT tunes could be added (play As Is already, damn it!).

I know they have X number of tunes that they're basically obligated to play, but that still leaves room on the setlist for variety. I'd love to hear Secrets, for example. Perhaps this is nitpicking, but I'd like a real encore where the band actually left the stage then came back for a couple more songs.

Anywho, what would float your boat next time around? Have Dave shit can the dance floor and/or swing the pendulum back more toward 07-08 Dave? Lose the drum solo? What say you Army?
  • guwapo_rocker
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

Play fucking Cleveland!!!
    WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• envy_me
      Swedish Love Pump
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Dec 2010

I would love to hear Push comes to shove, as it is my favorite song. And the changes in the stage act that I mentioned in another thread.
      The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
        Anywho, what would float your boat next time around? Have Dave shit can the dance floor and/or swing the pendulum back more toward 07-08 Dave? Lose the drum solo? What say you Army?
        Hmmmmm. This phrasing makes me think you're somehow affiliated with the band and your taking our pulse. I'll play along. Open the show with Bullethead. That opening note would scare the shit out of everyone in the most exhilarating way. Plus, Dave should be able to knock that one out of the park.

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Van Halen, live at the River Styx Ampitheatre, Sin City Hell.

Let's make it happen.
          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

fucking drop. fucking dead. fucking legs!!!!!!!
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
              I agree.
              The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• perrin29
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2012

I would say take out Tattoo and China Town and swap out for Bullethead and As Is. HBSD would be awesome too. They have to bring back Drop Dead Legs. That groove would rock the shit out of an arena. Light Up The Sky is a must and another cool album cut to pull out would be Take Your Whiskey Home. I'm fine with the drum solo and honestly, that is not going anywheres. Most importantly, hit some smaller markets not played in forever like eastern Canada. Not since opening the Fair Warning tour have they played Halifax.

Comment

• perrin29
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                  Agreed. It would lend itself well to Dave's range and that tune oozes swagger.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Dirty Movies would be sweet.....even if it's a pipe dream. While I'm mentioning pipe dreams, another new album would be nice before the next leg of the tour but now I'm really blowing smoke.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                      Dirty Movies would be sweet.....even if it's a pipe dream. While I'm mentioning pipe dreams, another new album would be nice before the next leg of the tour but now I'm really blowing smoke.
                      Perhaps, if we all simultaneously request the new album pipe dream right on this very thread, somebody will pass the word along for us.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                        Perhaps, if we all simultaneously request the new album pipe dream right on this very thread, somebody will pass the word along for us.
                        man i want it so bad ive convinved myself thats what the break is for
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• chi-town324
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Feb 2007

light up the sky...sinners swing...dirty movies..open with.... aint talking but love

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by chi-town324
                            light up the sky...sinners swing...dirty movies..open with.... aint talking but love
                            Not a bad request list at all bro. I'm happy with them opening with Unchained.....that's cool by me.....even though I think Bullethead would be a sick tune to open with....but the chances of them opening with a new tune are slim to none. Light up the sky....sinners swing...as is...dirty movies....in a simple rhyme...d.o.a....so many tunes to choose from but the reality of it is the most popular tunes will always be played. If they sprinkle in some more surprises every once in a while that would be great.

Comment

• moose
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Dave should sing in a lower register
                              Get rid of Tattoo, I'll wait, Jump, YRGM....
                              Add Sinners Swing, LUTS, take Tour whiskey Home, Fools and
                              Bottoms up and end the show with a new unreleased tune

Comment

Working...